Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration (21677 Views)

Audi A4 2.0L 05 model Total Restore Engine Rebuild Episode / To Rebuild Or To Replace? / Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by nymphomaniac(m): 9:23am On Dec 30, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
20th of December (a sat) seller reminds me that car is still available. Personally I thought it had been sold (as I was not eager to go see it )

It was about 4pm and I was not doing much so I took a trip to his location, driving in my own vehicle .

When ever I'm serious about a purchase I take public transportation knowing fully well I'll be driving it away, but this day was different, I said let's just go and see this pile of trash, reject it and drive back home.
your confidence or should I say chutzpah eh. I never see.

3 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:05pm On Dec 30, 2021
nymphomaniac:
your confidence or should I say chutzpah eh. I never see.

uncle T for tenks, but no de carry me enter dictionary like dat angry

4 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by almsofgold: 6:05pm On Dec 30, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

uncle T for tenks, but no de carry me enter dictionary like dat angry

Ogbeni, abeg continue story jare. Which Kain suspense be dis nah? angry

2 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2021
This is the part where we start destroying tables and chairs because of unnecessary delays cool

11 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by olenyi: 11:38pm On Dec 30, 2021
Phone battery don die Abi Wetin dey cause the stoppage for the tory nau?

Oga Gazzuzz Abeg come back come pinish what you started.

4 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:58am On Dec 31, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
20th of December (a sat) seller reminds me that car is still available. Personally I thought it had been sold (as I was not eager to go see it )

It was about 4pm and I was not doing much so I took a trip to his location, driving in my own vehicle .

When ever I'm serious about a purchase I take public transportation knowing fully well I'll be driving it away, but this day was different, I said let's just go and see this pile of trash, reject it and drive back home.

Got to location in isolo, it was easy to find, vehicle looked like it had not moved in months! Body was in fair condition , only had a really bad rear bumper , the interior was dirty! But nothing Eze couldn't clean up, the engine bay was as red as ikorodu mud could be with cobwebs , but interestingly no wires flying up and down. Opened the radiator and saw fresh coolant, Engine oil dip stick I saw almost clean engine oil at normal level, transmission oil dipstick was at normal level and very bright pink!

At this point let me give you a few tips, 9/10 times, if you go inspect a registered car and the transmission oil is new, car is battling a transmission issue wink .

At this point I asked the seller if the car could start (battery was in the car but not connected), to my surprise he said yes, in my mind I said NEVER!

Installs battery terminal, shifts car into neutral (didn't start in park) cranks and car came to life on first crank! shocked

I almost clapped for it grin but as a semi ipob, you have to keep a disappointed face during car deals to get a good bargain, so I comported my self and remained in character (make i no loose guard).

Went behind with the engine running, there was no smoke shocked , engine was a bit noisy but not the expected bearing noises, rollers belts and possibly alternator or compressor bearings, but nothing sinister.

Mileage 92,000km (57,000miles)

Underbody filled with mud but no visible violent rust.

Time for due diligence.

With the current plate number series, I knew vehicle had passed thru more than one hand in 2020, with the engine running (I was still amazed) i flipped thru the scrips (paper work) while watching body language and asking relevant questions (e no go make sense to enter crime fighters on Kia Rio)

Before I forget, I was impressed with the wheels, had nice rims but very bad tyres (I thought they were 14" stock)

Messaged my buddy in licensing to confirm if the change of ownership was properly done or if the vin was modified, quick comparison and it was a match and no one was looking for it (not stolen)

Paper work intact time to move the car.

I did not take a lot of pics during inspection so manage what I have plx.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by 9icetoo(m): 3:04am On Dec 31, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Got to location in isolo, it was easy to find, vehicle looked like it had not moved in months! Body was in fair condition , only had a really bad rear bumper , the interior was dirty! But nothing Eze couldn't clean up, the engine bay was as red as ikorodu mud could be with cobwebs , but interestingly no wires flying up and down. Opened the radiator and saw fresh coolant, Engine oil dip stick I saw almost clean engine oil at normal level, transmission oil dipstick was at normal level and very bright pink!

At this point let me give you a few tips, 9/10 times, if you go inspect a registered car and the transmission oil is new, car is battling a transmission issue wink .

At this point I asked the seller if the car could start (battery was in the car but not connected), to my surprise he said yes, in my mind I said NEVER!

Installs battery terminal, shifts car into neutral (didn't start in park) cranks and car came to life on first crank! shocked

I almost clapped for it grin but as a semi ipob, you have to keep a disappointed face during car deals to get a good bargain, so I comported my self and remained in character (make i no loose guard).

Went behind with the engine running, there was no smoke shocked , engine was a bit noisy but not the expected bearing noises, rollers belts and possibly alternator or compressor bearings, but nothing sinister.

Time for due diligence.

With the current plate number series, I knew vehicle had passed thru more than one hand in 2020, with the engine running (I was still amazed) i flipped thru the scrips (paper work) while watching body language and asking relevant questions (e no go make sense to enter crime fighters on Kia Rio)

Before I forget, I was impressed with the wheels, had nice rims but very bad tyres (I thought they were 14" stock)

Messaged my buddy in licensing to confirm if the change of ownership was properly done or if the vin was modified, quick comparison and it was a match and no one was looking for it (not stolen)

Don't stop here. Continue. Just saw you. You know say "monitoring team" dey. Keep typing.

1 Like

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:18am On Dec 31, 2021
6:45pm

Remember I came with a vehicle so I pleaded with seller to move vehicle to my office in ladipo which was less than 2km from his location , I asked if it would move he said yes, but that it would not climb hills (transmission stuck in 3rd gear)

I planned on leaving it there and getting a tow truck to pull it on Sunday.

He agreed, and I drove in front (note I never pay the man yet cheesy ) I would like to say at this point that he is on of the most honest down to earth car owner/seller if ever met (I'm sure you will read this someday) but sha I had not paid and I was driving in front it is what it is tongue

Vehicle I came with with below (not with all the load o grin ). Had a good solid bumper and I had a plan in case the Rio broke down.

Got to my office and it was Car locked! Time of the year and nah Prado upgrade full every where, no space to park inside the compound sad .

Had to come beg oga again, but this time with sweet mouth and a financial reward , "pls can we drive together to my office in ogba" he said as long as there is no traffic and no hill it could manage I said I will drive in front, and switch to rear and push with the Lexus if for any reason it broke down or could not climb (the things we do to tokumbor cars sad )

Uncle agreed but also reminded me that papers were expired, I said no problem, we will stick to major roads to avoid detection.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:19am On Dec 31, 2021
9icetoo:

Don't stop here. Continue. Just saw you. You know say "monitoring team" dey. Keep typing.

Its like you will go far in life cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:32am On Dec 31, 2021
The journey began, and small nyash as she's now fondly called slowly and steadily followed behind as I drove in front.
I was amazed it was moving at that pace , never stopped or broke down , we made it to my office in regular time, and parked in front of the office.

Went in and we filled all the paperwork and I transferred funds to his acct.

Next I drove him back home as this was our agreement.

Car was in that parked mode for 3days in front of the office, there was no time for it. But on the 3rd day, there was free space as 2 clients missed appointments, that's how I drove the car for the first time.

5 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:04am On Dec 31, 2021

* Noisy suspension front and rear (danfo type)

* Engine slugish (underpowered )

* Engine cranks longer than necessary

* Stuck in 3rd gear, bangs in drive and reverse.

* Starts in neutral only

* Horrible brakes

* No horn

* Very stiff power steering

* Tyres worn out

* Engine bay, interior trunk filthy

* Body jobs required

* Paint work required

* Rear bumper required

* Rear lights getting cracked (sunburn)

* AC dysfunctional.

* Car stereo Display not working

Most of what I could see at that point in time.

Going thru my head at this point is, make vehicle drivable transmission, small body work, steering then quickly flip it dru23 style make a quick 50-70k.

Then another voice reminded me that there was no run around vehicle in the shop and this would be perfect for teaching the Bois how to drive and quick errands.

I started work.

Called Eze to come wash the interior and trunk while I simultaneously started work in the engine area.

First things first a scan

Revealed transmission codes some solenoid A stuck one kind like that, I ignored it, inspected harness was intact, went over to engine and removed valve cover and timing belt cover.

The timing was off by a mile! Explains the loss of power and sluggish movement.

Remarkably, when the cover was opened the engine was CLEAN! As in what was obtainable in a foreign used engine, with good history, I went back to our chat and I was like this guy no wind me o!

5 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by nurey(m): 5:51am On Dec 31, 2021
Finish the ride quickly and bring it to my garage as dowry payment for my grandmother you have been eyeing grin

14 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by peeps4u: 6:07am On Dec 31, 2021
The owner fit dey wish he had brought the car to you for repairs, if he's reading now

4 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by homeboy205: 6:36am On Dec 31, 2021
“Dru” style got me rolling grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by Dozieson(m): 6:50am On Dec 31, 2021
Following
Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by kingreign(m): 6:55am On Dec 31, 2021
nurey:
Finish the ride quickly and bring it to my garage as dowry payment for my grandmother you have been eyeing grin

Alfa, wo wos woo wobi bekiafu! angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by Kokomo: 6:58am On Dec 31, 2021
awon team dru23 representing

1 Like

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by Manuella4ace: 7:01am On Dec 31, 2021
Interesting
Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:06am On Dec 31, 2021
nurey:

If you continue like this, you can't go far angry

4 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:08am On Dec 31, 2021
No adverts on cartalk, so make unna check this link so the ministry will continue moving forward.

https://www.nairaland.com/6885954/xtool-advance-ad10-auto-car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VUyD-Q9R84

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by mammanbawa: 7:32am On Dec 31, 2021
Na me name this motor o

5 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by mammanbawa: 7:39am On Dec 31, 2021
nurey:

Be like say you no wan go far in life o angry

1 Like

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by eherbal(m): 7:44am On Dec 31, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Time for due diligence.

angry

3 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:56am On Dec 31, 2021
eherbal:
angry

see them representing tongue

1 Like

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:58am On Dec 31, 2021
mammanbawa:
Na me name this motor o

You are her Godfather, Oya send funds she needs new parts. tongue

5 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by olumzzz(m): 9:03am On Dec 31, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
No adverts on cartalk, so make unna check this link so the ministry will continue moving forward.

https://www.nairaland.com/6885954/xtool-advance-ad10-auto-car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VUyD-Q9R84

Commercial break is over abeg.
We dey wait.
Dru23, enter here o. What's your brand, make barman serve you 1 bottle.

4 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by MOTIONTECH(m): 9:31am On Dec 31, 2021
Following bumper to bumper

1 Like

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by mammanbawa: 10:13am On Dec 31, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

You are her Godfather, Oya send funds she needs new parts. tongue

1 Like

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by Kokomo: 10:24am On Dec 31, 2021
how I miss radautoworks, another good auto tech that can take on such project

3 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:58am On Dec 31, 2021
nurey:
I've ordered six yards of premium cashmere for my senator wear that day, madam will get me nice loafers. Thanks for reminding us smiley

1 Like

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by kingreign(m): 10:58am On Dec 31, 2021
Kokomo:

Do you miss kingreign another proud arrogant kazeem that can take on this project? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:01am On Dec 31, 2021
Kokomo:

shebi they cyberbullied her relentlessly till she decided to cut out from here. Nigerians can be very terrible at times

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC / One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC / Brake Failure: These Are What To Do When You Have One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.