Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration (21678 Views)

Audi A4 2.0L 05 model Total Restore Engine Rebuild Episode / To Rebuild Or To Replace? / Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by Dozieson(m): 3:50pm On Jan 01, 2022
Kokomo:
Bro you go sell?

Abi o
Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2022
Tyre matter solved let's face the dreaded air-conditioning.

Before that, gear was becoming epileptic , had to restart a couple of times before it selected well, so I sent the ecu back for a repair job....

A few hours later.....

Brainbox came back worse!

Anyway I remained focused and followed the repair sequence skipping the ecu guy since I was sure the issue was not mechanical.

Replaced the fuel pump assy to ensure startups were instant.

Pulled a vacuum on the AC system and noticed a large leak, pipe had a fracture on the high side, near the compressor.

Took it out and welded it.

Installed refrigerant and the AC started cooling, but the compressor was terribly hot!

Points to note, the high line had 2 previous welds before now .

In the morning the refrigerant had leaked , and cooling had really become bad.

Called up my guy who sells Kia/Hyundai engines and requested for the exact compressor to be pulled from a Kia engine.

Next day I installed it, oiled, pulled vacuum and cooling was normal, but compressor was hot!

Removed the condenser put a brand new one, installed refrigerant , compressor was still getting really hot! sad

Well instill had a pending ecu to fix, AC was working but I was uncomfortable with the heat from the compressor, I visited the ecu guy, 8am with the car, untold him I was not leaving till he fixed it right.

Nah so uncle start. I donated that particular day to him. He worked on it, tested, then worked on it tested did it like 5 times.

4pm he confessed, he said oga e be like say the "problem enter the board too much" I said ok, alaye refund my ₦35,000! He promised to refund it in 2 days.

I called my contacts in ladipo,

Hello Abey, I need brainbox for Kia Rio 2009 Dana spec automatic , I have sent you the part number via WhatsApp.

Abey: oga nah ₦45,000. (I swear I felt really stupid) sad

Abey brings the toks ecu, installs it and all gears work fine, scan no error codes.

Alaye must refund my 35k angry

14 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by diportivo: 5:12pm On Jan 01, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Alaye must refund my 35k angry

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:59pm On Jan 01, 2022
Back to that bloody AC, system the system had become black and system was low on refrigerant.

Took out the compressor and noticed it was leaking, I placed an order for another plus new pipings

I was able to get a replacement , but not en

pipings, one weldwas needed.

Listen carefully here if you are DIY compliant

Kia designs are very small diameter pipings on the high side of their designs, wedding pipes causes a reduction in the diameter of the pipe (especially high side) and causes a back pressure and a lot of heat on the compressor.

I got an almost complete pipe, and welded it using a larger pipe in the middle, imagination again, two pipes of same diameter joined by one pipe of slightly higher larger diameter then welded toghether, no blockage any more, pulled vacuum and compressor was leaking angry

Placed an order for another compressor but this time an automatic variable displacement compressor which is cheaper but most technicians run away from .

Pulled vacuum, no leaks, oiled installed and refrigerant installed .

Air conditioning started working, cooling excellent, excessive heat on compressor eliminated , ac worked so well you had to add a little heat to use it at night or you would just freeze to death.

Ac chapter closed.

I had a lecture in the shop on how I learned to drive on my own, and told the bois to be creative , drive within the shop, use this kia to learn to move a car, I became a motivational speaker.

Came back in the evening and monday don kiss pillar cry

Is okay, you are all going to driving sch angry

Short distance drive test begin

18 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by thebigkendo(m): 6:29pm On Jan 01, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

I have a lecture in the shop on how I learned to drive on my own, and told the bois to be creative , drive within the shop, use this kia to learn to move a car, I became a motivational speaker.

grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by Kirkman: 6:36pm On Jan 01, 2022
grin I guess the motivational talk really boosted Monday's morale. grin cool

11 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by mammanbawa: 6:36pm On Jan 01, 2022
GAZZUZZ:
Back to that bloody AC, system the system had become black and system was low on refrigerant.

Took out the compressor and noticed it was leaking, I placed an order for another plus new pipings

I was able to get a replacement , but not en

pipings, one weldwas needed.

Listen carefully here if you are DIY compliant

Kia designs are very small diameter pipings on the high side of their designs, wedding pipes causes a reduction in the diameter of the pipe (especially high side) and causes a back pressure and a lot of heat on the compressor.

I got an almost complete pipe, and welded it using a larger pipe in the middle, imagination again, two pipes of same diameter joined by one pipe of slightly higher larger diameter then welded toghether, no blockage any more, pulled vacuum and compressor was leaking angry

Placed an order for another compressor but this time an automatic variable displacement compressor which is cheaper but most technicians run away from .

Pulled vacuum, no leaks, oiled installed and refrigerant installed .

Air conditioning started working, cooling excellent, excessive heat on compressor eliminated , ac worked so well you had to add a little heat to use it at night or you would just freeze to death.

Ac cheaper closed.

I have a lecture in the shop on how I learned to drive on my own, and told the bois to be creative , drive within the shop, use this kia to learn to move a car, I became a motivational speaker.

Monday no do well o

15 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by alphaNomega: 8:26pm On Jan 01, 2022
kingreign:

Do you miss kingreign another proud arrogant kazeem that can take on this project? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Sienna?

2 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by revcompaty(m): 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2022

Monday ti Zeh cheesy

1 Like

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by radautoworks: 10:53pm On Jan 01, 2022
9icetoo:
"...this nonsense" carry subtle shading oo.
@radautoworks, this is 2022. Come out fully joor.
Shame the shameless. cheesy
grin

5 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by MOTIONTECH(m): 12:14am On Jan 02, 2022
GAZZUZZ:
If you have ever owned or used this model , you know never to wash the engine!

Well I had to, the mud was irritating, and I love a clean engine bay and underbody.

Sorry I didn't take pics but this is how it went down so just use your imagination.

I removed the engine ECU,

Removed the throttle body

Removed the ignition coils and plug wires .

And I used the pressure hose personally.

2 hours later engine bay looked saner!

Restored all removed parts and refurbished faded and discoured plastic with a touch of paint.

She was looking much better.

After and before below .

Looking like a "2 months old registered tokunbo"lol

5 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by seanfer(m): 2:57am On Jan 02, 2022
diportivo:
I no even sabi wetin carry bullying enter this thread sef

like say no be everybody dem dey bully......even my small and badoo infested ikorodu don already chop small bullying

elenu marimaso everywhere undecided

as for small yansh,i pray that as we enter 2022,gazzuzz will see better cars to restore oh grin....make I borrow prayer from oyiboyi alarede ton kiri oil kaakiri gbogbo thread bi awon motor boy PTDs grin

na as we sell the accord we go sell this one too angry

Bros you just like Vawulence. grin grin grin
Don’t bring gun to stick fight ooo

2 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:46am On Jan 02, 2022
Ecu repair guy was able to refund ₦30k out of 35k, I collected it jeje.

First oil change done with 20w50 Toyota (I cannot come and kee my sef)

First short test drive from ogba to mega chicken ajah at 6am for a vehicle inspection .

Impressive run, no gear slips, no hesitation, 1.4liter engine giving out impressive fuel economy, even the legendary corolla would be jealous wink

On my way back I entered into ladipo to search for a new rear bumper and possibly a new door that kissed the pillar.

Rear bumper ₦15k door ₦15k but could not get a one instantly.

I took the one I could get and headed for the shop.

Checked fluids for leaks found none.

Let me talk about the power steering, its something I might have skipped

It came in slightly stiff, so I assumed it was the steering pump, without testing, I threw in a replacement part that I had on the shop, cleaned out the reservoir and put fresh oil it still did not solve It. It is not uncommon in the Rio to have a faulty power steering rack causing slight stiffness, I will be replacing the rack in the future .

After the short test drive, I started thinking of a longer trip so the Rio could visit elders for approval to be accepted into the fold .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by buygala(m): 8:39am On Jan 02, 2022
radautoworks:

Happy new year! I wasn't cyber bullied into leaving o! I just realized that Nigerians are gullible and love being lied to and I don't have time for that so I left them to their fate with those they love being lied to by lol.

I pop in every so often to laugh at the result. Those who want real help and the truth come directly to us at the shop and bypass this nonsense cool

I said it grin

The kingdom of God suffereth Violence...and only the violent will take it by force grin

Aunty Radu, by "this nonsense", do you mean this Gazuzz thread? sad

O wrong nau cry ......how will you come and be calling a grown man's thread "this nonsense? undecided

Op will you take this sitting down? ....Your manhood is at stake here

20 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by valarinz: 8:47am On Jan 02, 2022
Nice one Sir GAZZUZZ, oga patapata of BCD gang, you have paid your dues

BCD secretary General @diportivo,you never fail to disappoint.

Wishing us all a prosperous new year

Shout out to our GCD sole member, may you not be left behind too. May your car sales career get a correct makeover like this Kia Rio this year 2022.

We move grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:33am On Jan 02, 2022
18th December 2021

First short trip planned , Lagos to asaba

Return Trip 19th Dec 2021.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBvhyP9podc

9 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by nurey(m): 10:24am On Jan 02, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

18th December 2021

So nah even past video, I been dey think say make I set better road block with correct detour make I lead you come my Akata grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by nurey(m): 10:25am On Jan 02, 2022
buygala:

I said it grin

The kingdom of God suffereth Violence...and only the violent will take it by force grin

Aunty Radu, by "this nonsense", do you mean this Gazuzz thread? sad

O wrong nau cry ......how will you come and be calling a grown man's thread "this nonsense? undecided

Op will you take this sitting down? ....Your manhood is at stake here

Someone who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones, bros no dey put words in people's mouth in other for vawulence

9 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by David50: 1:35pm On Jan 02, 2022
Following
Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by buygala(m): 2:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
nurey:

Someone who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones, bros no dey put words in people's mouth in other for vawulence

Na me put "this nonsense" for auntie mouth ba?

This is not a year of forgiveness, but a year for punch for punch, eye for eye, and nonsense for nonsense sad

And no..I am not living in any glass house....na one mud room I dey squat with my padi, him wife and 8 children

3 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by almsofgold: 6:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by eherbal(m): 6:24pm On Jan 02, 2022
GAZZUZZ:
Ecu repair guy was able to refund ₦30k out of 35k, I collected it jeje.

First oil change done with 20w50 Toyota (I cannot come and kee my sef)

First short test drive from ogba to mega chicken ajah at 6am for a vehicle inspection .

Impressive run, no gear slips, no hesitation, 1.4liter engine giving out impressive fuel economy, even the legendary corolla would be jealous wink

On my way back I entered into ladipo to search for a new rear bumper and possibly a new door that kissed the pillar.

Rear bumper ₦15k door ₦15k but could not get a one instantly.

I took the one I could get and headed for the shop.

Checked fluids for leaks found none.

Let me talk about the power steering, its something I might have skipped

It came in slightly stiff, so I assumed it was the steering pump, without testing, I threw in a replacement part that I had on the shop, cleaned out the reservoir and put fresh oil it still did not solve It. It is not uncommon in the Rio to have a faulty power steering rack causing slight stiffness, I will be replacing the rack in the future .

After the short test drive, I started thinking of a longer trip so the Rio could visit elders for approval to be accepted into the fold .

we're waiting for you in ikorodu. I just discovered a failed road in one off grid hood like that grin

4 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by 9icetoo(m): 10:59pm On Jan 02, 2022
Gazzuzz, you no try gan. So na this small nyash you use make this trip. You come dey post the video after you don return? Who does that? You should have given us proper travel itenary. Date of departure, time of departure, route etc. So we can watch out out for your well being. I don't know about NUREY and the ikorodu landlord but all the same, we thank God for the BCD. Just put konkom on top of that korope, I dey come pick am 10th of January. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:02am On Jan 03, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

18th December 2021

work continues.

The trip made me realise a couple of things about the vehicle.

I ensured paper work was complete before leaving, but gladly no one was interested bin stoping my jalopy for checks.

Fuel economy is only good when you keep speeds under 120km/h, if you force it too hard, it gulps fuel.

Previous owner had raised the front struts of the vehicle, this messed up the aerodynamics of the car, you could actually feel the vehicle fighting the wind , also messed up the fuel economy.

oil burn was less than 0.5liters for the over 800km trip, without much oil colour change, no coolant shortage , no transmission oil leaks, no new codes on vehicle computer, no uneven tyre wear, airconditioning still works as it should .

I will be working on the suspension to give vehicle proper height balance, replace front and rear struts, and rear coil springs.

Aesthetics will follow shortly after.

3 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:05am On Jan 03, 2022
nurey:

So nah even past video, I been dey think say make I set better road block with correct detour make I lead you come my Akata grin

eherbal:
we're waiting for you in ikorodu. I just discovered a failed road in one off grid hood like that grin

9icetoo:
Gazzuzz, you no try gan. So na this small nyash you use make this trip. You come dey post the video after you don return? Who does that? You should have given us proper travel itenary. Date of departure, time of departure, route etc. So we can watch out out for your well being. I don't know about NUREY and the ikorodu landlord but all the same, we thank God for the BCD. Just put konkom on top of that korope, I dey come pick am 10th of January. Thank you.

The God of AJAB is always with me, unna no go see me tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by eherbal(m): 10:13am On Jan 03, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

nigga ti GBE bodi grin

1 Like

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by homeboy205: 11:00am On Jan 03, 2022
buygala:

Na me put "this nonsense" for auntie mouth ba?

This is not a year of forgiveness, but a year for punch for punch, eye for eye, and nonsense for nonsense sad

And no..I am not living in any glass house....na one mud room I dey squat with my padi, him wife and 8 children

I think the “nonsense” big sis meant was not this thread, but how she has been treated recently on Nairaland.

Just how I see it sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by olumzzz(m): 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2022
diportivo:
I no even sabi wetin carry bullying enter this thread sef

like say no be everybody dem dey bully......even my small and badoo infested ikorodu don already chop small bullying

elenu marimaso everywhere undecided

as for small yansh,i pray that as we enter 2022,gazzuzz will see better cars to restore oh grin....make I borrow prayer from oyiboyi alarede ton kiri oil kaakiri gbogbo thread bi awon motor boy PTDs grin

na as we sell the accord we go sell this one too angry
Chai grin
Make i no mention names.
Gazzuzz you fit dey give us this small yansh to take cruise around whenever we drop our car for repair at yours

2 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by Praxtech: 12:38pm On Jan 03, 2022
radautoworks:

Happy new year! I wasn't cyber bullied into leaving o! I just realized that Nigerians are gullible and love being lied to and I don't have time for that so I left them to their fate with those they love being lied to by lol.

I pop in every so often to laugh at the .result. Those who want real help and the truth come directly to us at the shop and bypass this nonsense cool

No matter how small I must contribute my 1cent to this violence… may it germinate into bigger violence.....

4 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by captainking(m): 1:56pm On Jan 03, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Uncle gazzuzz..
Please sow a seed in my life with this car.

2 Likes

Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:11pm On Jan 03, 2022
olumzzz:

Chai grin
Make i no mention names.
Gazzuzz you fit dey give us this small yansh to take cruise around whenever we drop our car for repair at yours

You know as e be wink

As long as you do not have Monday attributes
Re: Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2022
captainking:

Uncle gazzuzz..
Please sow a seed in my life with this car.

Car wey all of us de manage, e reach your turn you wan plant am? shocked

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC / One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC / Brake Failure: These Are What To Do When You Have One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.