Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,036 members, 7,838,587 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer (27428 Views)

Blindfolded Man Identifies His Wife Just By Touching Her Hands (video) / Husband Wakes His Wife Up With Breakfast In Bed, Her Smile Is Priceless (Photos) / Man Impregnates Sister-In-Law In Lagos. His Wife Got Impregnated By Another Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Zubydeangelo(m): 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2021
dre11:
The lawyer said the VAPP law has expanded the meaning of rape to now include any kind of touch on any part of the body considered inappropriate.

https://gazettengr.com/husband-touching-his-wife-inappropriately-is-rape-under-new-vapp-law-lawyer/
See mumu
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by flakkybakky(f): 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2021
EXLOVER:
Wife that i paid her bride prize, transported my people to her community with my hard earned money, the law wasn't there, i decided to touch my wife to put her in the mode, then she refuse, she report me. God punish the law.

Una nor dey put law for government matter na towtow and prick matter una dey put law for
Bros be calming down now,na y d thing come pain u like this grin
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Mariangeles(f): 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2021
baralatie:

Simple the wife will just go station and claim inappropriate touching and the police will slam the man with rape!

What spouse in their right mind would ever again want to touch a spouse that claimed their touch was inappropriate?

1 Like

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Prosper1b1(m): 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2021
Then lets just be single na .

1 Like

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by baralatie(m): 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2021
Mariangeles:

What spouse in their right mind would ever again want to touch a spouse that claimed their touch was inappropriate?
That is if the husband survives the 14 years jail term for rape! The wife will now be yanshing the outside man that she has an eye on
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Loreettaa: 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2021
It's been a long time coming.
Forcing yourself on your spouse is rape.
Argue with your ancestors.
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by baralatie(m): 2:00pm On Dec 30, 2021
Loreettaa:
It's been a long time coming.
Forcing yourself on your spouse is rape.
Argue with your ancestors.
The law did not say forcing yourself between a man and his wife!
The law says the wife only needs to say the man inappropriately touched any part of her body .she can file for rape!
If you have a son and he gets married.
His wife only needs to go to the police stations and call him a rapists because of inappropriate touching

3 Likes

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by mmsen: 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2021
Courts in the north will be very busy if this passes into law.
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Rilwayne001: 2:04pm On Dec 30, 2021
Society keeps regressing. All these foolish laws are the main reason why we keep having
terrible relationships.
Terrible marriage.
Men and women seeing cheating as normal.
Children being born out of wedlock.
Children growing up with separated parents.
Drug abuse.
Illiteracy.
Cultism.
Yahoo yahoo.
Armed robbery.
Prostitution.

Etc and etc

The future isn’t so bright when black people try to mimic such laws prevalent in a society like the west.

What appears to be working in a developed society will end up making even worse a developing society.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by abidem4real: 2:05pm On Dec 30, 2021
dre11:
The lawyer said the VAPP law has expanded the meaning of rape to now include any kind of touch on any part of the body considered inappropriate.

https://gazettengr.com/husband-touching-his-wife-inappropriately-is-rape-under-new-vapp-law-lawyer/
Honestly, book (education) is truly haram. The more learned we are, the more enslaved we become in the prison of our own creation.
Our society will be better living in our primitive ways than this shit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by baralatie(m): 2:06pm On Dec 30, 2021
mmsen:
Courts in the north will be very busy if this passes into law.
The courts in the north will not recognize it because they will claim sharia as their sole basis for martial union .
Therefore the will looking the rest of Nigeria
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Loreettaa: 2:09pm On Dec 30, 2021
baralatie:

The law says the wife only needs to say the man inappropriately touched any part of her body .she can file for rape!
His wife only needs to go to the police stations and call him a rapists because of inappropriate touching
Don't be mischievous. It's all semantics. Can you have sex with someone without touching them?
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by luluman: 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Inappropriate touching ke?

Wetin pesin no go see for this country biko nu?
I tire o. So I cant touch my wife body again
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Fourwinds: 2:11pm On Dec 30, 2021
Mariangeles:

How can touching between a married couple be inappropriate?

When enacting a law, they need to accompany it with instances for better understanding.

Hmmmmm....you will like to touch and be touch grin grin
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by baralatie(m): 2:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
Loreettaa:

Don't be mischievous. It's all semantics. Can you have sex with someone without touching them?
The woman only needs to come to the station and file a claim of "inappropriately been touched" and the man is charged as a rapist!
Wether you wanted to say hi o
Or wether you want to search for biro o
Or you wanted to have sex o

The woman is suing for rape!

So imagineif you have a son that got married to a slasher of a wife.na go be that? Abi no be die be that?
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by pseudonomer: 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2021
baralatie:

Even with girlfriend, there can never be something like “inappropriate touching” if we banged, we probably touched each other “inappropriately”.

What’s the motive of the law? Are people this stup!D?

Wait again, touching your wife bumbum is an act of rape?
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by larryking540: 2:17pm On Dec 30, 2021
the can as well remove payment of bride price too
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by rainlover(m): 2:19pm On Dec 30, 2021
EXLOVER:
Wife that i paid her bride prize, transported my people to her community with my hard earned money, the law wasn't there, i decided to touch my wife to put her in the mode, then she refuse, she report me. God punish the law.

Una nor dey put law for government matter na towtow and prick matter una dey put law for

You sef reason am na, touching touching wey husband and wife dey enjoy normally, law dor involve.

For this law to become effective, bride price needs to be abolished.

1 Like

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by baralatie(m): 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2021
pseudonomer:

Even with girlfriend, there can never be something like “inappropriate touching” if we banged, we probably touched each other “inappropriately”.

What’s the motive of the law? Are people this stup!D?

Wait again, touching your wife bumbum is an act of rape?
Read my lips
Wether you touched her bumbum

Wether you touched her boobs

Wether you touched her feet

Wether you touched her wrapper

Wether you rolled over and you body touched her body

Wether you drink shepe

Wether na craze

immediately the woman enter police station and says you inappropriately touched her body.you are a rapists
How many years be that for jail time
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Cuteamigo1(m): 2:22pm On Dec 30, 2021
dre11:

what rubbish is this?
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Greenback: 2:25pm On Dec 30, 2021
What about alhajis who inappropriately touch minors and underaged girls in the name of religion?!

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by baralatie(m): 2:27pm On Dec 30, 2021
Greenback:
What about alhajis who inappropriately touch minors and underaged girls in the name of religion?!
It does not apply to them
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Greenback: 2:28pm On Dec 30, 2021
baralatie:

It does not apply to them
Oh really!!?
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2021
Mariangeles:
How can touching between a married couple be inappropriate?

When enacting a law, they need to accompany it with instances for better understanding.
Na news article with someone's opinion we dey read here... no be the law itself. So bear that in mind. The law will likely carry a lot more details to explain more. undecided
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by pseudonomer: 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2021
baralatie:

Read my lips
Wether you touched her bumbum

Wether you touched her boobs

Wether you touched her feet

Wether you touched her wrapper

Wether you rolled over and you body touched her body

Wether you drink shepe

Wether na craze

immediately the woman enter police station and says you inappropriately touched her body.you are a rapists
How many years be that for jail time

As funny as this is, it’s really scary as fu!q. Anytime I think of getting married, there’s always a million reasons not to.
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2021
AfroKnight:
If true? What do you mean if true? Are you too slow to understand anything?

Also the law goes both ways. A man can now be recognised as a victim of rape. So be careful. Now go back and read slowly. Olodo.
What in the world are you rambling about now? undecided
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2021
cococandy:
Watch people who swear they will never understand the meaning of consent have a fit. Basically you can’t do anything sexually to anyone that they do not agree to. Regardless of your relationship with them. It’s not complicated. Don’t complicate it
You mean if your husband touches you anyhow, you will call the police?
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by baralatie(m): 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2021
Greenback:

Oh really!!?
Yes trully
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by baralatie(m): 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2021
pseudonomer:

As funny as this is, it’s really scary as fu!q. Anytime I think of getting married, there’s always a million reasons not to.
It is actually meant to be a blackmailing tool
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by emmyileri(m): 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2021
When the devil wants to destroy a nation , then he attacks the home first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by AfroKnight: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What in the world are you rambling about now? undecided

You should be asking yourself that instead of contributing like an unhinged mind.
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Munzy14(m): 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2021
See problem o grin grin

So all those touching and spanking of a wife bumbum and she will smile is now charged as rape... grin grin

For naija? If I hear biko..

So if I hug my babe from behind while she is performing kitchen wonders which is still PDA that one na rape too.. grin grin

Bartister Ogba nkwa gbara ma nkwaa o...Ube gi eruola...Cashing out time..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other / A Nairalander Welcomes Twin Baby Boys (Photos) / Forget Your Husband, I Lost Mine Too- Single Mother To Housewife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.