Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer (27400 Views)

Blindfolded Man Identifies His Wife Just By Touching Her Hands (video) / Husband Wakes His Wife Up With Breakfast In Bed, Her Smile Is Priceless (Photos) / Man Impregnates Sister-In-Law In Lagos. His Wife Got Impregnated By Another Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Kobojunkie: 10:15pm On Dec 30, 2021
Tonitoniton:
To be Frank, I initially didnt want to start this session with knowing fully u will keep asking same questions and I also didnt want to start referring to the laws u requesting for since am not being paid to do that. U are only trying to make a foolery out of the whole thing and not just to learn. U can Google it for urself
I live in the west and I know no such laws that do any of what you claim. Hence the reason why I ask you to point any of them out. undecided

1 Like

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by BalogunIdowu(m): 10:36pm On Dec 30, 2021
Seems una no get job again abi...

Na personal relationship una dey poke into
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Boomboost(m): 11:03pm On Dec 30, 2021
cococandy:
Watch people who swear they will never understand the meaning of consent have a fit. Basically you can’t do anything sexually to anyone that they do not agree to. Regardless of your relationship with them. It’s not complicated. Don’t complicate it

Everything can be complicated, you sef are complicated.

On the subject of consent, sometimes we want to but we don't want to, so the other has to draw out an agreement. Don't you agree? grin
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by HRSweetness(f): 11:04pm On Dec 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I live in the west and I know no such laws that do any of what you claim. Hence the reason why I ask you to point any of them out. undecided

Hello smiley

How are you? Having an eventful day?
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Angeldemon: 11:46pm On Dec 30, 2021
rubbish
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:48pm On Dec 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Asian style? undecided

Marital rape... that is what they call it there..

You no fit force ur wife to sleep with u without her consent... if she no gree and u force her.. she fit frame u up say u rape am... that is how bad it is for the Asian men... Naija and African men na groove for una and una dey enjoy oooo..!!
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Kobojunkie: 1:27am On Dec 31, 2021
HRSweetness:
Hello smiley
How are you? Having an eventful day?
HI, I decided to take a short nap and here I am 3 hours later. undecided
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Kobojunkie: 1:28am On Dec 31, 2021
IJEYdiamond:
Marital rape... that is what they call it there..

You no fit force ur wife to sleep with u without her consent... if she no gree and u force her.. she fit frame u up say u rape am... that is how bad is it for the Asian men... Naija and African men na groove for una and una dey enjoy oooo..!!
That is how I ought to be world over. Asian folks no better pass us. undecided
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by ddeola: 2:48am On Dec 31, 2021
Wetin again ! Man no go get freedom to cruise em only possession again. Even Bible say make I enjoy my wifey bobby make I drink from my own "something" . As long as I no do am for public and my woman dey enjoy our "paranran" make una perish with una yeye law wey never deliver Nigeria from all these demons wey dey govt. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Kobojunkie: 2:54am On Dec 31, 2021
ddeola:
Wetin again ! Man no go get freedom to cruise em only possession again. Even Bible say make I enjoy my wifey bobby make I drink from my own "something" . As long as I no do am for public and my woman dey enjoy our "paranran" make una perish with una yeye law wey never deliver Nigeria from all these demons wey dey govt. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
If you rape your wife who you somehow believe is your property in private and she reports you in public, this law is to ensure you are prosecuted. undecided

1 Like

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by adelafe2019: 6:08am On Dec 31, 2021
Let the lawyer quote the actual section of the criminal law or penal code where the law is written to prove his assertion
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Modernizer: 6:20am On Dec 31, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6917364/strategies-cope-blackmailing-wives

This is a counter thread...air your opinions there please
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by gfelo(m): 8:00am On Dec 31, 2021
Mumu people with mumu law, what abt wife touching husband inappropriately
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by InvertedHammer: 8:12am On Dec 31, 2021
cococandy:

You have a point about the vagueness of that term but I believe that was the interpretation of the person speaking not how the law was actually worded.

Wrong. Rape doesn’t have to involve force. When there’s a power dynamic and one person can’t say no because of their position in the situation, it’s also rape. Not just threat of injury but any kind of threat that makes the other person afraid of refusing.

Now this law supposedly can be applied both ways but why are the guys blowing hotter than others about it?
Is it because the concept of consent always seems to have y’all confused?
Like how you believe rape only involves force?

A lot of you need more education on this issue and emotional growth too. Not you specifically. Just you the collective.
/

Obviously you are confusing sexual harassment with rape. What they are doing is redefining rape. How does inappropriate touch (sexual harassment) become rape? These are issues addressed in big corporations when they give those mandatory Sexual Harassment classes. We know the difference among rape, attempted rape and sexual harassment.

I still don’t get how you are intertwining emotion with a purely legal and logical issue. Because the legal entity is redefining rape doesn’t make it a sound judgment. By the way everyone knows that I have minimal respect for the paper tigers masquerading as intellectuals in Nigeria.

/
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Tonitoniton(m): 8:24am On Dec 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:

I lived in the west and am a lawyer and know such laws but with not want to go into since u are female and will not agree to any interpretation
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Kobojunkie: 8:47am On Dec 31, 2021
Tonitoniton:
I lived in the west and am a lawyer and know such laws but with not want to go into since u are female and will not agree to any interpretation
The more reason why you ought to have no problem pointing out the exact laws you speak of to me then. undecided

1 Like

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by BRATISLAVA: 9:50am On Dec 31, 2021
Tonitoniton:

To be Frank, I initially didnt want to start this session with knowing fully u will keep asking same questions and I also didnt want to start referring to the laws u requesting for since am not being paid to do that. U are only trying to make a foolery out of the whole thing and not just to learn. U can Google it for urself

Why don't you answer their questions first? Their questions are valid. Or are you scared that you don't have the answer or that you're wrong? Bring your facts to the table.

1 Like

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by BRATISLAVA: 9:53am On Dec 31, 2021
cococandy:

You have a point about the vagueness of that term but I believe that was the interpretation of the person speaking not how the law was actually worded.

Wrong. Rape doesn’t have to involve force. When there’s a power dynamic and one person can’t say no because of their position in the situation, it’s also rape. Not just threat of injury but any kind of threat that makes the other person afraid of refusing.

Now this law supposedly can be applied both ways but why are the guys blowing hotter than others about it?
Is it because the concept of consent always seems to have y’all confused?
Like how you believe rape only involves force?

A lot of you need more education on this issue and emotional growth too. Not you specifically. Just you the collective.

I don't know who told Nigerians that rape only occurs when the victim is bleeding and barely hanging onto life or dead.

The worst rapists are the ones who coerce and impose without leaving marks of brutalization. Those ones especially feel that they can escape when caught with that flimsy excuse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by efficiencie(m): 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2021
Loreettaa:

Don't be mischievous. It's all semantics. Can you have sex with someone without touching them?

But there is mischief in that insane law...because as soon as your son is done sexing his wife, the wife can report to the police that she was "inappropriately touched" after a quarrel and boom your son is in jail for 15 years all because he "inappropriately touched" his wife before a quarrel. The rest of your sons will see this and likely remain celibate all their life. The lesson sticks when we apply it to ourselves.
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Skepticus: 2:19pm On Dec 31, 2021
crackhaus:

I'm just really happy that this law is going both ways.

Whether it makes any sense or not doesn't even concern me.

As long as both males & females are at liberty to accuse their spouses (or anyone else) of rape whenever they are touched inappropriately, then everywhere good... cool

Don't celebrate it.

Majority of the victims would be men/husbands like you. A man making same claim in court would not be believed as most people assume men cannot be raped. The case of men who were raped by women are usually not taken seriously.
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2021
Skepticus:
Don't celebrate it.

Majority of the victims would be men/husbands like you. A man making same claim in court would not be believed as most people assume men cannot be raped. The case of men who were raped by women are usually not taken seriously.
Poll many of the Nigerian men on here and you will find they are the reason why male rape victims aren't taken seriously in Nigeria. undecided

1 Like

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Mariangeles(f): 4:36pm On Dec 31, 2021
Skepticus:

Don't celebrate it.

By men.
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by kushme: 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2021
Mercychen:
Lol... .where's that guy again? "Its this kind of thing that makes me kick someone with my boots."

Which one is inappropriate touch from husband to wife again?

So where is the man not supposed to touch in the womans body he paid and performmed all the marriage rights on? Ruuubish! Misplaced priorities every where.

Is this the women empowerment programs they should organize to better and improve the quality of the life of so many women suffering in their marriages? Dumb move.

Any woman who doesn't want to be touched anyhow, ( as long as it's not to harm) should remain in her father's house because the thing men like most is that "press press" and "touch touch". if you remove all that, wetin remain for the man again? Ndi Uchu.

They make laws that they themselves can't keep. See FFK been flouting court order since, restricting Chi from seeing her children. No body called him to order. Its a law to deny a man of his marital rights they wake up to impose.

We no want una yeye law.

Respect ma'am, you really understand men "press press and touch touch".

Those men making this kind of law are either sadists who are not in a healthy relationship and would desire to see other men suffer like them or they're just trying to copy what they wont practice.
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by DonroxyII: 11:42am On Jan 03, 2022
abidem4real:

Honestly, book (education) is truly haram. The more learned we are, the more enslaved we become in the prison of our own creation.
Our society will be better living in our primitive ways than this shit
Primitive just like living in Jungles same way as Wild animals do on NatGeoWild grin .... MBA, I love today and the future evolutionary movements.
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by abidem4real: 1:02pm On Jan 03, 2022
DonroxyII:
Primitive just like living in Jungles same way as Wild animals do on NatGeoWild grin .... MBA, I love today and the future evolutionary movements.
Honestly, living in Nigeria is synonymous to living in jungle. The difference is just the civilization ornament being used to becloud us into internal slavery in the hands of our tyrannically selfish elders and politicians
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by DonroxyII: 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The Op is wrong I just read the law:

This is what the law states not touching inappropriate per se but Traffic generation strategies from Bloggers;

[b]a) Rape
One of the very notable and commendable provisions of the Act is its expansion of the meaning of rape and its prohibition thereof. While other existing laws limited their scope of rape to protect only females in relation to vaginal penetration without consent[18], the VAPP Act has taken a giant stride to expand the meaning and scope of rape. By virtue of the Act, rape is when a person intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person with any other part of his or her body or anything else without consent, or where such consent is obtained by force or means of threat or intimidation of any kind or by fear of harm or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act or the use of any substance or additive capable of taking away the will of such person or in the case of a married person by impersonating his or her spouse[19]. By this definition, both males and females are protected against rape. The issue of rape being gender biased has been a jurisprudential issue in Nigeria for a while because our law, as it then was, does not recognize situations wherein a man would or could be raped. Thus, instances such as the one reported in Daily Post on the 17th of July, 2012 where a man was allegedly “raped” to death by his wives, was not classified as rape but manslaughter[/b]

1 Like

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Metatrondivine: 10:15pm On Jan 23, 2022
This is Sharia law, GOD punish Buhari, you will see the cup but not lift it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share Your Challenges As A First-born / Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? / A Nairalander Welcomes Twin Baby Boys (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.