Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? (19380 Views)

How Do You Handle A Promiscuous Sister? / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Glycolite: 6:48pm On Dec 31, 2021
grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Lastmankc(m): 6:48pm On Dec 31, 2021
English no be your mate

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by jericco1(m): 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2021
My brother easy with the grammar grin

Well you should cut yourself off from him

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by missdee23(f): 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2021
I'm not sure there's a way of stopping them from sponging off you without coming across as the bad person. So it's better you find a way to reorganize yourself and forget any negative thing they might say about you later on. Do what you can to help them willing, not the one that will make you to mumble and grumble inside you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by bluefilm: 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2021
God1000:
I'm completely fed up with my neighbour that sees my munificence/beneficence as stupidity.

He screwed himself up due to his improvidence and gallivanting lifestyle, he's a pain in my neck right now.

He's married, his wife has been sharing my cooking gas with me for over three months now since his own was taken away as sequestration.

I'm a salary earner, he's a bike rider, but due to his unseriousness he doesn't have his own bike, dude is a drifter.

I'm thinking of leaving the place because this whole thing is insufferable, his wife isn't helping as well, maybe due to immaturity, all she does is cook, eat and play.
Frugality is one of my 2022 new year resolutions, I don't want anything or anyone to interfere with my life next year.

We both agreed to fill the gas together, but he doesn't contribute much, I end up spending twice than the usual amount before.

These people have benefited so much from me because they know I'm a cheerful giver, they collect almost everything from me including money, I really don't want spongers in my life next year.

I've advised him countless times to look for another alternative, but he's hard of hearing with his lackadaisical altitude.

My biggest concern right now is how to withdraw myself completely without causing enmity between us because we're really close, yesterday I put my cooking gas inside before going to work against the usual act of giving them everyday when I'm leaving for work. None of this shit will happen if I'm married, but I'm single.

Does withdrawing myself from them make me a bad person? This is a serious dilemma, I'm at my wit's end.

But Oga wait o...

Why are you speaking all these grammar?

Is that your New Year Resolution or what?

Nnaa na wa o. lipsrsealed angry angry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Mvena(f): 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2021
thorpido:
Well,due to exigencies, the husband's apathetic nature and the wife's unceremonious position,you have to ruminate and decide if being benignant is laudable at this stage or one considers towing the path of frugality and responsibility.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Elsueno: 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2021
Op, whatever u do, there is no way for a clean withdrawal from these kind of freeloaders, let me give an example, thier is dis beggar around my area, so I usually give him a bit of change when I see him, so I happened to skip a few days. This nigga started forming, even if I greet him, he go ignore me...omoh, I just ignore am too, now he wants to talk to me..but I do not feel like talking or giving anymore . I just use my change buy fruits & chop for housegrin

Never ever let this kind of people in, just draw that line, Help when u can...but don't let them leech off u. Let them go ask thier pastor

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by marsup: 6:52pm On Dec 31, 2021
Use pidgin English and tell them, things have changed, it's not easy buying community gas.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by vivalavida(m): 6:52pm On Dec 31, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
These things are really not difficult. Speak with the husband himself and see how you can go from there. How do people get so close to neighbors that they take such liberties?

Omo e wonder me oo

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by fabson21(m): 6:52pm On Dec 31, 2021
Bro they are better ways to solve a problem best thing I see in this matter just buy another gas cylinder and leave that one for him and his wife if not brother you never see anything

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by chival(f): 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2021
You have a decent command of the English language, which is a rarity these days. Kudos.

Now to your neighbour- cut him off! You owe him nothing. If you can't do that, then make arrangements to move out. Freeloading is a serious no in this economy.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Perfecttouchade: 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2021
Bros take am easy with grammar na , na we offend u ? U dey vex grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by saintruky(m): 6:58pm On Dec 31, 2021
thorpido:
Well,due to exigencies, the husband's apathetic nature and the wife's unceremonious position,you have to ruminate and decide if being benignant is laudable at this stage or one considers towing the path of frugality and responsibility.

Oh sorrow grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by bigcee(m): 7:00pm On Dec 31, 2021
thorpido:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by seguno2: 7:00pm On Dec 31, 2021
God1000:
exactly, and I'm seriously hurting because of that.

I've tried several times to change, but I couldn't.

Then you are a confirmed loser in life, if you don’t change. So sorry to say.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by TheRace55: 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2021
Ausval:
With this your grammar you nor suppose to dey share house with okada man

Share for English

Like for Money
guy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by linearity: 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2021
bros, what you are going to Sokoto to look for is as simple as saying NO period!

My brother one of your problems is, you DO NOT know how to say NO, make it one of your New Year resolution. i.e.

Lord teach me how to say NO instead of dying in silence.

The Good Lord told us to love our neighbors as ourselves and not more than ourselves, draw the line and learn to say no...start putting your gas cylinder inside your room under lock and key.

Don't lose sleep over the fact that, it will annoy them or make them see you as an enemy. No matter how you stand, your back will always be towards half the people at any time, you can't please everyone, so stop with it.

Your type will need serious de-programming, so what you should be doing starting January 1st, 2022....is, when you come home from your day's business, do a soul search and ask yourself....Have I said NO to my neighbor today? If the answer is NO, stand up even if it is in the middle of the night, knock on your neighbor's door and tell them NO......do not go to bed without making sure that, the NO column of your daily chores is checked.

And do not inconvenience yourself by trying to move, the problem is not your neighbor, you are the problem, and no matter where you move to, the problem will follow you period! So, stop looking to your neighbor for the solution to this problem, when you are the problem and only you have the solution.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by blaquebelle: 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2021
Are you an English teacher?
Op I'm just like you. I'd rather not offend anyone even when it's at the detriment of myself. What I do in such situations is this. I sacrifice one last time for the person, a grand gesture of some kind. Like let's say, get them their own cylinder, a little cash or whatever will Carry them for a while and admonish him one last time on how it's not convenient for you to continue the way things were before. I find that it helps a little to abolish the guilt and move on with your life knowing that you've really done all you can for the person. See it as an investment if you like. But make sure you stick to your resolution and cut off. Highest they can do is bad mouth you. I don't believe they can kill you. Good luck.

God1000:
I'm completely fed up with my neighbour that sees my munificence/beneficence as stupidity.

He screwed himself up due to his improvidence and gallivanting lifestyle, he's a pain in my neck right now.

He's married, his wife has been sharing my cooking gas with me for over three months now since his own was taken away as sequestration.

I'm a salary earner, he's a bike rider, but due to his unseriousness he doesn't have his own bike, dude is a drifter.

I'm thinking of leaving the place because this whole thing is insufferable, his wife isn't helping as well, maybe due to immaturity, all she does is cook, eat and play.
Frugality is one of my 2022 new year resolutions, I don't want anything or anyone to interfere with my life next year.

We both agreed to fill the gas together, but he doesn't contribute much, I end up spending twice than the usual amount before.

These people have benefited so much from me because they know I'm a cheerful giver, they collect almost everything from me including money, I really don't want spongers in my life next year.

I've advised him countless times to look for another alternative, but he's hard of hearing with his lackadaisical altitude.

My biggest concern right now is how to withdraw myself completely without causing enmity between us because we're really close, yesterday I put my cooking gas inside before going to work against the usual act of giving them everyday when I'm leaving for work. None of this shit will happen if I'm married, but I'm single.

Does withdrawing myself from them make me a bad person? This is a serious dilemma, I'm at my wit's end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Michaeltruth(m): 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2021
Relocate.

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by VicM6: 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2021
God1000:

Ogbeni, person wey see wahala no dey get time type big grammer for NL....for now we no get any idea to gv u.....come bk nxt time wen ur grammer don reach limited level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by tellwisdom: 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
Mugu, even with your grammar, u still can’t fix your problem??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by joelag: 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
Na as goat take stand for market, dem dey take price am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Chimeluv(f): 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
You don't want them to see you as a bad person, they don't see you as good person either. As far as they are concerned you are foolish that is why they are not ready to live on their own without taking things from you.....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by semanose: 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2021
Granted!

I'm a miss nice girl.

Now that I can see what being overly nice can result to, it's time to restrategize.

Some people are just there to take you for a ride.

If I'm in your situation, I will plan carefully how to move out and not repeat my mistake in my new location.

You need to know how to work on yourself and learn how to say know NO to matters you are not comfortable with.

I strongly feel you don't know how to say No!

To tell you the honest truth:

Either ways you guys will still end up being enemies.

It's time to escape.

Move out!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2021
izito:
Broz this your English no make me understand wetin you dey talk
Use dictionary. The guy is actually good with English.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by RoyalBlu(f): 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2021
...Sequestration.

Thank God for Google cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Hollyharjii: 7:05pm On Dec 31, 2021
Even if there's comprehension in visa application, I'm sure they can't use a big grammar as this

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by inspectorg(m): 7:05pm On Dec 31, 2021
What an illustrious chauvinistic grammarian u are..... cheesy,kudos for ur vocabulary brain child wink grin. Buh seriously d kyn malice n stigmatisation wey married people nowadays dey trow single brothers eenh no be hereooo na waoooo embarassed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Ese2ehi: 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2021
GodIsBiafran:
Low self-esteem is the major problem of Ghanaian artists. This is why they will never grow.

If you don't have self-confidence, you can never survive the music game. The music game is not for weak a-$$ sissies who want someone else to push their music for them. For example, have you ever seen Rema begging Wizkid or Burna to push his music? Did FireboyDML cry when Wizkid did not invite him to O2 arena? Instead Fireboy hustled to get Ed Sheeran to feature in his music. Do you see Arya Starr crying that Tiwa and TEMs are not pushing her music? Rather she is focused, releasing hits after hits. Even portable is all over Lagos pushing his craft without giving a fvck what people think. Nigerians are built different. We believe in ourselves. That is why you will never see a Ghanaian in the MMA. Meanwhile Kamaru and Israel are top dogs there. Any endeavor that requires strong-will and individual self belief, Nigerians will ALWAYS surpass you. Ghana go and sleep. Not in this life. Maybe in another life you can compete with Nigeria.

How does this advise OP with regards to his neighbor.

If matter dey hungry you go start your own thread na

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Naijjablog(m): 7:07pm On Dec 31, 2021
I don use dictionary tire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Dec 31, 2021
God1000:
exactly, and I'm seriously hurting because of that.

I've tried several times to change, but I couldn't.
Look, it ain't wrong to be nice. What is wrong is being foolishly nice. undecided

Even Jesus Christ admonished His followers to be wise as serpents yet harmless as doves. So ask yourself, where is the wisdom in you allowing your neighbors walk all over you? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

14-year-old Pupil Wins N1m For Rescuing Boy In Boat Accident / How Do You Handle A Stubborn Kid? / How Many Kids Would You Like To Have And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.