Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? (19378 Views)

How Do You Handle A Promiscuous Sister? / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Munzy14(m): 9:11pm On Dec 31, 2021
Mariangeles:

You know what your problem is? You always want to be seen as a nice person, even at your own detriment.
Only for him to come online and lament....I no just like onye ihu abuo.. undecided
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Dreytonisback(m): 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2021
OP
learn to use this word without remorse

Neighbor: Can I use ur gas pls ?
You : NO

No explanation given, it's yours
Get a locker and lock up ur things and always avoid being too accessible.
I've had such a neighbor in the past until the day I got sick for over a week they didn't even tell me sorry nor notice
Yet other people noticed I was ill but they didn't lol
That alone gave me the confidence to push any bad energy away from me and till date I remain who I am

Lights up my kpoli in peace

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by seanwilliam(m): 9:25pm On Dec 31, 2021
Tbh I get good advice to give but i no sabi that kind English u want grin

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by yetty247(f): 9:30pm On Dec 31, 2021
God1000:
I'm completely fed up with my neighbour that sees my munificence/beneficence as stupidity.

He screwed himself up due to his improvidence and gallivanting lifestyle, he's a pain in my neck right now.

He's married, his wife has been sharing my cooking gas with me for over three months now since his own was taken away as sequestration.

I'm a salary earner, he's a bike rider, but due to his unseriousness he doesn't have his own bike, dude is a drifter.

I'm thinking of leaving the place because this whole thing is insufferable, his wife isn't helping as well, maybe due to immaturity, all she does is cook, eat and play.
Frugality is one of my 2022 new year resolutions, I don't want anything or anyone to interfere with my life next year.

We both agreed to fill the gas together, but he doesn't contribute much, I end up spending twice than the usual amount before.

These people have benefited so much from me because they know I'm a cheerful giver, they collect almost everything from me including money, I really don't want spongers in my life next year.

I've advised him countless times to look for another alternative, but he's hard of hearing with his lackadaisical altitude.

My biggest concern right now is how to withdraw myself completely without causing enmity between us because we're really close, yesterday I put my cooking gas inside before going to work against the usual act of giving them everyday when I'm leaving for work. None of this shit will happen if I'm married, but I'm single.

Does withdrawing myself from them make me a bad person? This is a serious dilemma, I'm at my wit's end.

Use ur brain bro

Human are insatiable and no matter how good u are to them, they are still d same set of people that will sit and talk badly behind you..

Don't be surprised if that man tell u he is moving to his own apartment soon too... People like that knows how to save faa

3 Likes

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Oyiboman69: 9:31pm On Dec 31, 2021
God1000:
I'm in stitches bro cool, you guys are funny.

This is a serious issue, please help a brother.
leave the cylinder with them...always eat outside, complain excessively of financial difficulties even when its not necessary, stop stocking some item in your house,you can start buying the sachet closeup of 50 naira,any where e for finish, every go manage am like that... this your grammar get ad e take dey sha...

2 Likes

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Mariangeles(f): 9:31pm On Dec 31, 2021
Munzy14:

Only for him to come online and lament....I no just like onye ihu abuo.. undecided

Owuhu otu ahu.

It seems like people like that can't help the way they are.
A couple of them have shared their stories, and according to them, they always feel very bad if they do things contrary to their nature.

It is just that people tend to exploit or take advantage of their generosity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:46pm On Dec 31, 2021
English warlord,

How is the battle with words going on?
I had to Google the word 'sequestration' and funny enough the word keep popping out in the meaning too.

Away from your brief foray to grammar, since you're about moving on in some few hours (2022) why not hold on a bit then you call it a quit proper come next year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by sisisioge: 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2021
Hmmmm.....2022 is the year you have to look out for yourself!

Talk to him and let him know you would nolonger be spending on them because you are cash strap too.

Then plan to move! You are solely responsible for yourself dude....dont forget that.

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Dec 31, 2021
Oyiboman69:
leave the cylinder with them...always eat outside, complain excessively of financial difficulties even when its not necessary, stop stocking some item in your house,you can start buying the sachet closeup of 50 naira,any where e for finish, every go manage am like that... this your grammar get ad e take dey sha...
So he should further inconvenience himself and resort to lying rather than being honest about the situation? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by koolaid87: 10:45pm On Dec 31, 2021
If you're still asking how to japa then they never enter you well.
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by TheMostComplex1: 10:45pm On Dec 31, 2021
My first neighbor tried it but I didn't give her the opportunity & another tried it I stylishly did the same thing because I noticed that the will be like this your neighbor. They like taking advantage my my benevolence.

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by lenghtinny(m): 10:46pm On Dec 31, 2021
Mr nice guy always carry last.....

There's no way you will detach from them without making them feel bad since you want to shut the door on the free things they are getting from the parasitic relationship...

Those guys are users. You just have to put an end to the nonsense regardless of how they feel.

You are only responsible for your action, their reaction is their business. If they don't care about how you feel about the situation, then you shouldn't care how they feel when you pull the rug beneath their feet angry

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by TheMostComplex1: 10:47pm On Dec 31, 2021
When it's on emergency I can help the neighbor but when you want to make it a regular thing oyo is your case
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by TheMostComplex1: 10:55pm On Dec 31, 2021
Note the only way you can stop it without enmity is by parking out of the compound.

You see this kind of thing don't ever start it
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by TheMostComplex1: 10:55pm On Dec 31, 2021
lenghtinny:
Mr nice guy always carry last.....

There's no way you will detach from them without making them feel bad since you want to shut the door on the free things they are getting from the parasitic relationship...

Those guys are users. You just have to put an end to the nonsense regardless of how they feel.

You are only responsible for your action, their reaction is their business. If they don't care about how you feel about the situation, then you shouldn't care how they feel when you pull the rug beneath their feet angry

Exactly
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by mkoabiola: 11:01pm On Dec 31, 2021
Carchoice:
Is this how you communicate with them with big English? If yes, they will never understand you.
Hahaha
E de write grammar without no message and he said he is pained

Hahahhaha
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Truvelisback(m): 11:01pm On Dec 31, 2021
God1000:
I'm completely fed up with my neighbour that sees my munificence/beneficence as stupidity.

He screwed himself up due to his improvidence and gallivanting lifestyle, he's a pain in my neck right now.

He's married, his wife has been sharing my cooking gas with me for over three months now since his own was taken away as sequestration.

I'm a salary earner, he's a bike rider, but due to his unseriousness he doesn't have his own bike, dude is a drifter.

I'm thinking of leaving the place because this whole thing is insufferable, his wife isn't helping as well, maybe due to immaturity, all she does is cook, eat and play.
Frugality is one of my 2022 new year resolutions, I don't want anything or anyone to interfere with my life next year.

We both agreed to fill the gas together, but he doesn't contribute much, I end up spending twice than the usual amount before.

These people have benefited so much from me because they know I'm a cheerful giver, they collect almost everything from me including money, I really don't want spongers in my life next year.

I've advised him countless times to look for another alternative, but he's hard of hearing with his lackadaisical altitude.

My biggest concern right now is how to withdraw myself completely without causing enmity between us because we're really close, yesterday I put my cooking gas inside before going to work against the usual act of giving them everyday when I'm leaving for work. None of this shit will happen if I'm married, but I'm single.

Does withdrawing myself from them make me a bad person? This is a serious dilemma, I'm at my wit's end.

Oga, ur grammar demself too much. Lakadaisical Munifence,beneficence,improvidence, gallivanting,sequestration, frugal. I had to look For a dictionary to start checking for their meaning. Just open to them that u aren't comfortable sharing ur gas cooker with them, that they should get a stove or their own gas.
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 31, 2021
Samuelriano1:

he is good with English and he is sharing house with an okada man wey no get okada your brain no tell you say na face me I face you house op dey stay abi
still doesn't matter. Appreciate one's humble beginning. Where he lives doesn't take away the fact his English is topnotch.

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Egein(m): 11:10pm On Dec 31, 2021
This is disgusting to read.
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by God1000(m): 11:18pm On Dec 31, 2021
franciskaine:
still doesn't matter. Appreciate one's humble beginning. Where he lives doesn't take away the fact his English is topnotch.
don't mind the riffraff with his fiddlesticks, its actually a self contain, but the compound is large with different rooms and prices, we're from the same state, that's why he comes to me for help, some mischievous and obnoxious persons always try to derail every thread here

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by God1000(m): 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2021
Egein:
This is disgusting to read.
and what's the signification of that? Please take your twaddle out of my thread.

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by God1000(m): 11:25pm On Dec 31, 2021
Samuelriano1:

he is good with English and he is sharing house with an okada man wey no get okada your brain no tell you say na face me I face you house op dey stay abi
don't worry, I will recommend you for psychiatric evaluation, you need help

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Uniique(m): 11:46pm On Dec 31, 2021
Just use your English wound that your neighbour, him no get choice but to avoid you
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by princewarri1985: 11:48pm On Dec 31, 2021
Don't you know how to say no? Am very angry right now that this post made front page because the OP is simply just stupid!
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Munzy14(m): 12:05am On Jan 01, 2022
Mariangeles:

Owuhu otu ahu.

It seems like people like that can't help the way they are.
A couple of them have shared their stories, and according to them, they always feel very bad if they do things contrary to their nature.

It is just that people tend to exploit or take advantage of their generosity.
Mmadu kwesiri i di kwa bold no mata how small...At least nwe kwa mgbe o ga si yes or no.

Happy Afo Ohuru!

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Mariangeles(f): 12:08am On Jan 01, 2022
Munzy14:

Mmadu kwesiri i di kwa bold no mata how small...At least nwe kwa mgbe o ga si yes or no.

Happy Afo Ohuru!

Happy new year!!!

Owu nature ha.
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Munzy14(m): 12:20am On Jan 01, 2022
Mariangeles:

Happy new year!!!

Owu nature ha.
Yeaaaaa...Wishing you all the good things of the year.

Ike gwuru o...he needs to brace up...Not even in his managing conditions..

People will keep manipulating him..

E nwere neighbour di like that..dude borrows and doesn't pay back...On the second occasion, I told him plain I don't lend money...If I have, I will give if not I won't.

E hatiri m mmadu i take advantage of my clean mind unto na awunu m mugu undecided

After that day the guy stopped...My annoyance that year wu, He cannever help you..As he is into transport, I hired him one day to come carry goods to my farm, he played himself that day....

He later switch to mpa m, borrowed a lot, onye ka ahu wunu nwoke obioma.. grin He obtain a lot to extent I stepped in, and stopped the rubbish.
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by fof1: 1:34am On Jan 01, 2022
cry
God1000:

My Friend...Pls Man up and Stop behaving as if U are A Sucking Child. Stand Firmly on ur DECISIONS to Gradually Withdraw ALL his inheritance from You in 2022. He must Sit up to his Married Life. Don't be a Fool Basket in that Compound anymore. Speak with d Family on ur Decision and Stand there on it.U have no Excuses Pls.
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Slynation(m): 1:36am On Jan 01, 2022
God1000:

Lol...Perhaps if you have been conversing with them with all this big grammar, they would have relocated from that vicinity long time ago...
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by shegun4sur: 3:31am On Jan 01, 2022
Sorry for your plight

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by PeachtreeReside(f): 4:24am On Jan 01, 2022
Buy them a stove and explain that the economy isn't smiling so you cannot continue sharing gas with them.

Your type get used too easily. Think before always assisting and helping so it won't lead to emotional stress for you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

14-year-old Pupil Wins N1m For Rescuing Boy In Boat Accident / How Many Kids Would You Like To Have And Why? / How Do You Handle A Stubborn Kid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.