Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far (30293 Views)

Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location / Video Of Mass Deportation Of Dubai-Based Nigerians / COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2021
Hndrrxxx:
That's why I got a Glock .223 and you got a TEC kiss
more crap!

4 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by gadgethead: 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2021
AZeD1:
After a while outside the country, Nigeria feels different. The first thing you notice is the noise and heat.
From April 2019 to December 2021, I drove about 53K Km and I used my horn 5 times and the 5th time was just to disturb a friend. In Nigeria, I try not to use the horn but people use the horn as a toy.

I

There are no lane marking on some part of 3rd mainland and Oshodi - Gbagada road. Like WTF?

Nobody has billed me. All my friends are currently doing very well in Nigeria.

I don't trust Google maps in Nigeria. It hasn't be so accurate for me.

Oh lastly security makes everyone that calling me by 8pm but in my base, I go out to jog by 2am.

Did I mention the heat?

Even Ibadan express way has no lane markings. Country with nitwits as leaders

5 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Eryyy92: 6:57pm On Dec 31, 2021
Pegi23:
The light here is something else.. I'm not use to it...and damn there is heat..I'm so sad.
but your location says Lagos
Witch
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Sirchiboy: 7:00pm On Dec 31, 2021
AZeD1:
After a while outside the country, Nigeria feels different. The first thing you notice is the noise and heat.
From April 2019 to December 2021, I drove about 53K Km and I used my horn 5 times and the 5th time was just to disturb a friend. In Nigeria, I try not to use the horn but people use the horn as a toy.

There are no lane marking on some part of 3rd mainland and Oshodi - Gbagada road. Like WTF?

Nobody has billed me. All my friends are currently doing very well in Nigeria.

I don't trust Google maps in Nigeria. It hasn't be so accurate for me.

Oh lastly security makes everyone that calling me by 8pm but in my base, I go out to jog by 2am.

Did I mention the heat?
Let me be the first to bill you sir
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 31, 2021
fabiano09:

I just coming back from panya, I want to marry you , Abi you no wan go panya? I know say you dey find ijgb to marry
I would like to visit panya! I ve heard that word before. But i no be woman oo! Where is this panya? cheesy i can get there myself.
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
gypsey:
more crap!
Yeah until I send you to heaven
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Iliveforever(m): 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
seguno2:

Booming economically and with government services, utilities, facilities and infrastructure maintenance? Can you please provide more details. Thanks

Wtf are you that I should explain any shit to?
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2021
gypsey:
I would like to visit panya! I ve heard that word before. But i no be woman oo! Where is this panya? cheesy i can get there myself.
Bro na cruise lol, panya na no man's land lmao
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 31, 2021
Hndrrxxx:
Yeah until I send you to heaven
whatever kinda weed you have been smoking it isn't as strong as mine. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 31, 2021
I'm gonna be reading from the very first comment to the last one.

2 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2021
meobizy:
Them dey Nairaland? Na toilet cleaners like Rossike and EgunMogaji2 dey make the most noise here. They should stay back in their host nations. Na empty pockets and accent dem carry come, nothing else.

Is there something wrong with cleaning toilets? Why do people always speak of “menial jobs” when in fact most of those jobs include decent pay? The ladies who clean our office building (including the toilets) make $17.50 per hour.

Many of the men who drive GARBAGE TRUCKS in New York City made well over $250,000/year due to overtime caused by the pandemic.

Cleaning toilets and such is much more honorable than scamming and begging.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Bridget95(f): 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2021
Bigcowhorn:

Wait till the mechanics touch it grin
I have 5 generators for a reason grin grin grin
It's really depressing. Nigeria has great and loving people
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Dijita: 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2021
I was in Nigeria between December 20th to 29th.
The heat seems out of the ordinary. The traffic is horrendous.
The roads are very bad. when I compare the bad roads and the estates along lekki/Epe express way, it is like wearing a new clothe on tattered shoes.
There is excessive waste of productive time in traffic and at bank. The phone network is very slow when connecting to the internet.
The airport always look more dilapidated everytime I visited Nigeria. The level of corruption at the airport is heartbreaking. The level of poverty among the ordinary people is stargering. It is as if there is a spirit of poverty ravaging the land.
The only good thing I saw apart from meeting my people is the huge business potential around the Free trade zone if they didn't kill the vision with corruption.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2021
gypsey:
If I catch you in the trap, I'ma whack you. I catch you in the traffic, boy, I'ma whack you
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:13pm On Dec 31, 2021
gypsey:
I can promise you that
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by bilulu(m): 7:15pm On Dec 31, 2021
BigDawsNet:
I dint make it home this year, probably next year...

Right now i hav to save enough tho to think abt naija..

Lots of ma niggaz are waiting on me...

Atleast i need to put aside $15,000 for naija trip...

Soo next year ending by God grace...i will work hard and visit for 3weeks ...

May God grant ma wish
Oga you don't need about 7m for any naija trip, wetin you wan buy abi who you wan spend 7m on for just 3 weeks or thereabouts....

5 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by egoldman(m): 7:17pm On Dec 31, 2021
Been home since June, travelled to the southeast on the 28th Dec, my brother I had first-hand experience of what's happening in this country, we met police checkpoints at almost every half kilometre, they would just say happy xmas and happy new year while stretching their hand inside ur car for you to drop the normal egunje, else they will ask you to park by the side. It was soo bad we had to be collecting change from the policemen, yes give them 500 and they will give you 300 change, it was simply extortion business for them.

At one of the checkpoints, the officer in charge asked us to park, my driver gave him all the car documents which he said were ok, then he said the colour of the car is different from the colour stated in the car papers, he requested 5k or we wait till morning for him to take us to their station for whatever process, this was around 4 am as we left Lagos 2.30 am to avoid traffic. Finally, we had to settle for 1,500 naira.

For a journey we started from Lagos at 2.30 am, we got to my village Umudim Nnewi at about 1 pm.

What i observed,1 The policemen were a necessary evil, if they were not there people could easily be robbed at such odd hours, but they should not use it as means of extortion.

2 That niger bridge is too small for the whole south-east, its hell for the whole south-east to get to their destination via that one route, there should be at least three bridges, we spent three hours before we got to that bridge, because all Enugu, Anambra, Imo, Abia and even south south states have to use that same bridge.

As they say, there is no place like home, i must say I enjoyed every bit of it has left my fatherland for over 20 years and was able to see my very old mother.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by aariwa(m): 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2021
I will go on local food tour.Akpu with ofe onugbu is number 1 and then I will lock myself up and sleep for days non stop
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by BigDawsNet: 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2021
bilulu:

Oga you don't need about 7m for any naija trip, wetin you wan buy abi who you wan spend 7m on for just 3 weeks or thereabouts....

My white woman will come with me... she won't sleep over at our house ...

So she don point Eko hotel alrdy for 3weekz..

Calculate the expensive bro.... embarassed

No bi say ma house no sure oh...
Na standards with central Ac but still for medical reasons...she choose Eko hotel...in short...she dey fear mosquito

6 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by neykay: 7:20pm On Dec 31, 2021
BigDawsNet:
I dint make it home this year, probably next year...

Right now i hav to save enough tho to think abt naija..

Lots of ma niggaz are waiting on me...

Atleast i need to put aside $15,000 for naija trip...

Soo next year ending by God grace...i will work hard and visit for 3weeks ...

May God grant ma wish

Jesus! on top of Naija trip abi you wan buy land?

2 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Dijita: 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2021
JeffreyJunior:
I never imagined it'd be this stressful to visit Nigeria now. It's really not worth it if it's just to visit and spend time with family.

Other countries are preventing coronavirus but our dear country is cashing out on it.

What's the idea behind the useless travel certificate that I've just paid $100 for?

The European country I will be transiting from only demanded my vaccine certificate but Naija wants people to go to one useless website to fill out form, upload documents and pay money. They don't even bother to know whether one is internet savvy or not.

I've told my people, if anyone wants to see me again, I'll rather spend $1500 on their ticket than for me to stress myself like this. I hate unnecessary stress.

I agree with you it is stressful to visit Nigeria and to return back.
I paid for passport it is not ready, paid $300(couple) for travel certificate and was collected at point of entry. had to find a way to get proof of passport application before i can avoid paying bribe to board my plane back. Had to do 3 test in a space of 2 weeks. one before leaving here and 2 in Nigeria. All negative. When you add all these expenses it adds up to close to $1000 for couple. Imagine how many people I could help with such an amount.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by bilulu(m): 7:22pm On Dec 31, 2021
BigDawsNet:

My white woman will come with me... she won't sleep over at our house ...

So she don point Eko hotel alrdy for 3weekz..

Calculate the expensive bro.... embarassed
Oook but instead of wasting huge amount on Eko hotel I believe there re more affordable and good hotels on the island too.... After the hustling day and night where you re you don't need to waste it all in three weeks....

2 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by BigDawsNet: 7:30pm On Dec 31, 2021
bilulu:

Oook but instead of wasting huge amount on Eko hotel I believe there re more affordable and good hotels on the island too.... After the hustling day and night where you re you don't need to waste it all in three weeks....

You know how white dey demand nah...

If i change the hotel...it means shes not coming

Her boss at work that haz visited naija advice her to pick Eko hotel...

So she wont trust any other hotel... i hav to accept her demands or else...shes not coming...

4 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by BigDawsNet: 7:33pm On Dec 31, 2021
neykay:

Jesus! on top of Naija trip abi you wan buy land?

Bros na my white woman oh

She only wants to lodge at Eko hotel for 3weeks

Calculate ham.. i dont hav choice

My folks home is at standard level...full ac factory fited...but she choose Eko hotel

4 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Vhee(f): 7:34pm On Dec 31, 2021
kingemi:
Heyo man
Damn
Shit
I just flew in from the United States of Akwa Ibom, and I must say Nigeria is lit and blessed with confused leaders.
undecided
Thank you lipsrsealed

WTF man
Yak ndi grin Eyeneka Abadie

But wait oo,, Op wakanda moniker is this? undecided
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by clothingonline(m): 7:35pm On Dec 31, 2021
Buy your love once gift watches

Check signature
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by izombie(m): 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2021
I arrived naija 21 December. I must say that things are worse than when I arrived in december 2019. All the tarred roads in my home town that I used to brag are now very bad. Rain don wash off everything. As I am typing now people are still gathering for my house for end of the year stuff. The please help me crew don dey arrive early. Na me and them tonight. I am going somewhere tomorrow to meet a potential wife.
I have changed my return ticket to the 9th of January because of how worse naija has gotten. I was supposed to stay until the 19th of January.
Finally all I have to say is that people in naija dey try to still live here. It's worse than a zoo. I have seen animals behave better than nigerians in traffic.
This country no be joke o but babes dey make am bearable. Finally I must say that there is no more good women in Nigeria so far as you are loaded. I rest here. Can't wait for the 9th.

11 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 31, 2021
post=108968084:
Good thread.
In some other forums abroad like quora etc, you will only see people that the topic of discussion concerns making comments on the topic, commenting and giving their views and opinions,
But for our darling nation, na people wey never pass their bus stop in life not to talk of getting to the airport go dey comment upanda, disturbing the cyberspace with irrelevant rubbish that the 'abroad' people won't have any space to make their reasonable contributions....

True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Nyascobar1414: 7:40pm On Dec 31, 2021
Ottawa canada ..one day

1 Like

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by ccollins(m): 7:43pm On Dec 31, 2021
Dijita:

I agree with you it is stressful to visit Nigeria and to return back.
I paid for passport it is not ready, paid $300(couple) for travel certificate and was collected at point of entry. had to find a way to get proof of passport application before i can avoid paying bribe to board my plane back. Had to do 3 test in a space of 2 weeks. one before leaving here and 2 in Nigeria. All negative. When you add all these expenses it adds up to close to $1000 for couple. Imagine how many people I could help with such an amount.
Abeg ,bless me with such amount of money.should I DM my contact
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by ccollins(m): 7:44pm On Dec 31, 2021
izombie:
I arrived naija 21 December. I must say that things are worse than when I arrived in december 2019. All the tarred roads in my home town that I used to brag are now very bad. Rain don wash off everything. As I am typing now people are still gathering for my house for end of the year stuff. The please help me crew don dey arrive early. Na me and them tonight. I am going somewhere tomorrow to meet a potential wife.
I have changed my return ticket to the 9th of January because of how worse naija has gotten. I was supposed to stay until the 19th of January.
Finally all I have to say is that people in naija dey try to still live here. It's worse than a zoo. I have seen animals behave better than nigerians in traffic.
This country no be joke o but babes dey make am bearable. Finally I must say that there is no more good women in Nigeria so far as you are loaded. I rest here. Can't wait for the 9th.
very terrible. Which state u visited

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Sets Train On Fire In Kwara / Truck Conveying Noodles Fell Into A Gutter In Lagos (photos) / The Return Of Parked Tankers On Expressways In Lagos (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.