Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far (30297 Views)

Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location / Video Of Mass Deportation Of Dubai-Based Nigerians / COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by stepaside2: 5:04am On Jan 01, 2022
JeffreyJunior:
I never imagined it'd be this stressful to visit Nigeria now. It's really not worth it if it's just to visit and spend time with family.

Other countries are preventing coronavirus but our dear country is cashing out on it.

What's the idea behind the useless travel certificate that I've just paid $100 for?

The European country I will be transiting from only demanded my vaccine certificate but Naija wants people to go to one useless website to fill out form, upload documents and pay money. They don't even bother to know whether one is internet savvy or not.

I've told my people, if anyone wants to see me again, I'll rather spend $1500 on their ticket than for me to stress myself like this. I hate unnecessary stress.

Really unfortunate that you had the experience you narrated. My observation in general is that once you follow the rules and do things right, you cut out or reduce the stress. The Nigerian CDC has handled the pandemic well. The requirements for in bound passengers is no different from other countries' requirements. You get a negative PCR test from the outbound country before boarding. You fill in the CDC form online and pay for a day 3/7 test to be done on arrival in Nigeria. I have done this 3 times and process was smooth. Other countries demand same. The UK demand you fill a passenger locator form online providing data about your vaccination status, provision of paid day 2 and 8 tests etc, no complains. Advice is not to leave things to 3rd parties to do for you. Do it online yourself and follow the rules, it is easy.

Nigeria is passing through challenges but things are looking up. Once the new Lagos airport terminal becomes operational, the horrible experience at this current terminal will be a thing of the past. I will wait for that. Ambode did the airport road. With a little more enhancement and beautification, that stretch will be great to drive on. The Apapa Oshodi expressway is nearing completion. When completed, it will be a good experience driving through. Yes power situation, overzealous police and aggressive/generally angry nature of Nigerians can put one off, it is good to put yourself in their shoes to understand them. Ultimately, we are a fun loving people. Nigeria is my country and years spent abroad cannot replace that.
Happy New Year to everyone.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by dominique(f): 6:06am On Jan 01, 2022
harmony940:

I have$26 worth of Bitcoin for sale

He's a fraud. Hope you've not contacted him?

1 Like

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by rampantlover: 6:55am On Jan 01, 2022
GodIsBiafran:
Low self-esteem is the major problem of Ghanaian artists. This is why they will never grow.

If you don't have self-confidence, you can never survive the music game. The music game is not for weak a-$$ sissies who want someone else to push their music for them. For example, have you ever seen Rema begging Wizkid or Burna to push his music? Did FireboyDML cry when Wizkid did not invite him to O2 arena? Instead Fireboy hustled to get Ed Sheeran to feature in his music. Do you see Arya Starr crying that Tiwa and TEMs are not pushing her music? Rather she is focused, releasing hits after hits. Even portable is all over Lagos pushing his craft without giving a fvck what people think. Nigerians are built different. We believe in ourselves. That is why you will never see a Ghanaian in the MMA. Meanwhile Kamaru and Israel are top dogs there. Any endeavor that requires strong-will and individual self belief, Nigerians will ALWAYS surpass you. Ghana go and sleep. Not in this life. Maybe in another life you can compete with Nigeria.
We don't compete with a country which is nothing but a zoo. A country where cattles have more rights than the citizens.
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Jamestown123: 8:44am On Jan 01, 2022
ajl:

As a "former citizen of that God forsaken country called Nigeria", which I have disowned for the new Yorubaland Nation, am saying with all the points you raised, why hasn't Nigeria sent a rocket to the moon?
Why haven't your new nation yorubaland nation sent a rocket to the moon?

4 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by biafranrealson: 9:16am On Jan 01, 2022
I have not really gone out, been staying in a Hotel d Gulf ABA.
families have come to see me but will go my village unannounced, my mum will not even know
yet to build a befitting house in the villa and men expected much from me

i cant kill myself Sydney no easy since 2020 march

3 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by wildikeman(m): 9:51am On Jan 01, 2022
2braithe:
Abroad people who do come to Nigeria, it's your confidence for me.Don't you fear kidnap, robbery,e.t.c?
Staying alive everyday in Nigeria is just by grace.

Once I leave,I ain't coming back.
I'll just build house here in Naija where I will lease out.Incase conflict happens I will have a home back in Naija to run to.

My wife can come to Naija but none of my kids are gonna come here!

We share the same mind brotherman

2 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by wildikeman(m): 9:58am On Jan 01, 2022
AZeD1:
After a while outside the country, Nigeria feels different. The first thing you notice is the noise and heat.
From April 2019 to December 2021, I drove about 53K Km and I used my horn 5 times and the 5th time was just to disturb a friend. In Nigeria, I try not to use the horn but people use the horn as a toy.

There are no lane marking on some part of 3rd mainland and Oshodi - Gbagada road. Like WTF?

Nobody has billed me. All my friends are currently doing very well in Nigeria.

I don't trust Google maps in Nigeria. It hasn't be so accurate for me.

Oh lastly security makes everyone that calling me by 8pm but in my base, I go out to jog by 2am.

Did I mention the heat?

Update 1
Another difference I just remembered is buying fuel/gas. Since I left Nigeria, It's only once I have had to buy gas/fuel and it was sold by an attendant. 99% of gas/fuel stations are self service. Tap your card, dispense fuel and go.

Let me guess.. You just flew in from England or somewhere in the UK.
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by wildikeman(m): 10:03am On Jan 01, 2022
Freerhyme1:
I enjoyed my native food wella, been eating junk foods here in Luxembourg

When you no get money how you go take chop better food
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Alcatel17: 11:10am On Jan 01, 2022
Dshocker:

Brother did you pay any money to him?

Yea..a very big mistake...he's a big scoundrel n I will expose him on dz platform

1 Like

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Dshocker(m): 11:12am On Jan 01, 2022
Alcatel17:

Yea..a very big mistake...he's a big scoundrel n I will expose him on dz platform
Thank God
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by MemoriesAndMe: 11:58am On Jan 01, 2022
BigDawsNet:

$15k is just a rough estimate...I may likely only spend 70% of that on the trip...

I may have to consider the $500/p... I'm coming with my woman...and she will only reside at that expensive and 100%secure and safety hotel on the island... That's her only decision....

Return Flights tickets Delta airlines...it's pretty expensive
Tours expenses across Nigeria.... It's a visit and tourist purpose for her...

I'm in the US too and go there whenever I want, but I have a house and a car there though, so I don't have to spend on hotels and worry much about moving around.

It's a different game for you since u're coming with your woman. On your mention of the tours you intend, just research the places you intend touring in. Insecurity news scares everyone

Safe trip bro for whenever u're ready.

2 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by BigDawsNet: 12:53pm On Jan 01, 2022
MemoriesAndMe:

I'm in the US too and go there whenever I want, but I have a house and a car there though, so I don't have to spend on hotels and worry much about moving around.

It's a different game for you since u're coming with your woman. On your mention of the tours you intend, just research the places you intend touring in. Insecurity news scares everyone

Safe trip bro for whenever u're ready.

Thanks bro...
Stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by AZeD1(m): 2:35pm On Jan 01, 2022
wildikeman:

Let me guess.. You just flew in from England or somewhere in the UK.
No.
I left the UK in 2014.
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by wildikeman(m): 5:15pm On Jan 01, 2022
AZeD1:

No.
I left the UK in 2014.

Why I thought so was because you said something about blowing your car horn only a few times since you left naija
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by 2braithe: 5:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
Olayetan:

Stop daydreaming, 1st leave 9ja before you decide whether to stay or not.
I've not left, I'm already wishing I was not here.
Is it now when I leave that I'll think of coming back.

LesbianBoy:

Many people said so when leaving but dem still come back grin grin grin grin
I'm not "many people".
Wetin Naija don show me no be small.

HRprof:

Easer said than done, one day you will be tired of staying in another man’s country like most of them that came back after 30 years told us.
Travel and seeeee

How will I get tired of good life,free health care(for the elderly),security,good leadership,good roads,e.t.c.
Not that these countries don't have bad sides,but they are far better than Nigeria obviously.

Even if I get tired,is Nigeria now the next place to go? It's just like going from frying pan to fire.
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by 2braithe: 5:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
gypsey:
grin grin grin let the guy enjoy his dreams man!

Lol So we don't have people who left and didn't come back again?

I knew someone who was in France for 20 years before coming to bury his mother.If not for his mom,he won't come.
Even his siblings' wedding,he only sent money and didn't come.

People who come even complain about how much they have to spend just for coming to Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
2braithe:

Lol So we don't have people who left and didn't come back again?

I knew someone who was in France for 20 years before coming to bury his mother.If not for his mom,he won't come.
Even his siblings' wedding,he only sent money and didn't come.

People who come even complain about how much they have to spend just for coming to Nigeria...
I am sure there are people who left and didn't go back.

i believe you, i also know few people who have not seen naigeria for 30 years or more.

Well... if anyone complains of how much they spent or will spend during one visit to naigeria then they shouldn't go

Everytime i visit naigeria i always spend £3000 that is for drinks, food; petrol and women tongue for 6 weeks in naigeria.

1 Like

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by 2braithe: 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2022
gypsey:
I am sure there are people who left and didn't go back.

i believe you, i also know few people who have not seen naigeria for 30 year or more.

Good!
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Oluwakayodey: 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2022
cheesy
wildikeman:

When you no get money how you go take chop better food
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by abbeYhart(m): 11:01am On Jan 09, 2022
I have spent 4 weeks in Nigeria. I visited from the US...I have a week more to go. My observation is that everything seems to be slow from waiting on the queue in the bank to gettng NIN biometric capturing, getting a DL to even buying stuffs at the supermarket or buying food at Mega chicken�. ATM does not work most of the time and my card got swallowed up by the ATM 2 days after I arrived Nigeria. I entered the banking hall again here in Nigeria after so many years to rectify this issue.

I was not used to using my car horn initially but men I had to join the bandwagon when I saw a lot of people are not normal.
The heat is something else..I am the only one sweating outside when I am with people. Security men and some dont really ask for tip but I tip them and they appreciate it.

Oh the traffic on Lekki Epe expressway is a story for another day. That is one of my nightmare if I want to go out. it seems a lot of people are frustrated because they will curse you out on the road despite they are the ones at fault. Customer service is next to nothing. It shows a lot of people are not happy with their Job. All in all, I enjoy the people, family and friends.

Light issue has gotten far worse but thank God for solar and generator that runs all the time. I am really enjoying my time here with my people here till I go back.

4 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Pegi23(f): 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2022
Eryyy92:
but your location says Lagos
Witch
wizard
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Pegi23(f): 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2022
haslaw:

This lie no enter.. Where did you see the heat on the 31st of December.

Mind your business
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Pegi23(f): 7:03pm On Jan 21, 2022
[quote author=Hndrrxxx post=108968521]shut your damn mouth 'fore you dropped , nigga[/quote. Ya mad
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:13pm On Jan 21, 2022
[quote author=Pegi23 post=109572031][/quote]last nigga dissed me dropped, nigga so do not test me!!
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Pegi23(f): 7:23pm On Jan 21, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
last nigga dissed me dropped, nigga so do not test me!!

Lol pray u don't use ur hand to cause your fucking down fall..
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Hndrrxxx(m): 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
Pegi23:

Lol pray u don't use ur hand to cause your fucking down fall..
TF is you talking bout??
Well PM me if you tryna get paid for real dawg
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 25, 2022
Glamouzpeter:

Afo ofon

Uyai iban,, aba ke Uyo??
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Glamouzpeter(f): 2:29pm On Jan 29, 2022
kingemi:

Uyai iban,, aba ke Uyo??
Mba ke uyo
Afo aba ke mmom ke uyo
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 29, 2022
Glamouzpeter:

Mba ke uyo
Afo aba ke mmom ke uyo

Mba ke Ikpa road mkpere ufok nwed nta ifiok
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Glamouzpeter(f): 7:37am On Jan 30, 2022
kingemi:

Mba ke Ikpa road mkpere ufok nwed nta ifiok
Ami mbak ke hostel kied ke ufok need nta ifiok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Sets Train On Fire In Kwara / Truck Conveying Noodles Fell Into A Gutter In Lagos (photos) / The Return Of Parked Tankers On Expressways In Lagos (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.