Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,815 members, 7,827,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far (30379 Views)

Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location / Video Of Mass Deportation Of Dubai-Based Nigerians / COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by roneldofficial: 7:46pm On Dec 31, 2021
AdmobIncome053:
In Other News

A new year is about to suffice....Opportunities are best tried out.

*We make real money from Admob*

With legit proof and steps to cash out

�*GOOGLE ADMOB YOUTH EMPOWERMENT*�

Send me your WhatsApp number please.
Many thanks

Make more then $200 every month day or even more
if you are committed to earn more money.
✅No certificate/ referral required,
✅No experience required,
✅No Age Limit
✅Doesn't obstruct Ur Office Work

⭐REQUIREMENTS⭐
✅Gmail account
✅Verifiable physical address
✅Earning app
✅Smartphone
✅Any of International Passport, Drivers license, National ID Card.
✅Data SIM.
✅Account number
✅Phone number.

Check sig for contact details and more informations...
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by nothingspoil70: 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2021
Since I came back from Mogadishu Somalia a few days before xmas , I have been wondering how you people cope in this zoo of a country. Anyway , if any of you is interested in going back with me to go and enjoy and make some quick bucks you can DM me
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by orgylover: 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2021
Bigcowhorn:

Wait till the mechanics touch it grin
I have 5 generators for a reason grin grin grin
the ones u stole. Omo this guy na proper thief
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by phemmyfour: 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2021
LesbianBoy:
Nigerians based abroad but are currently in Nigeria for the holidays, Share your experience so far....

What has changed since the last time you were in Nigeria?

Who came to greet you?

Did your friends abroad send you errands to their families back home?

Where people famzing you or asking for giveaway when you arrived?

Did your parents recommend one guy or girl for you to marry?

Let's have fun with this thread cheesy cheesy

Una just come back and everywhere quiet, gist us na angry angry tongue tongue grin grin grin grin
Nothing serious, we do this often

1 Like

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by jubrilELsudan: 7:51pm On Dec 31, 2021
NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE A CONFIRM ASHAWO.

THEY WANT TO USE FVCK TO KILL ME.

EVEN MARRIED WOMEN ARE GIVING ME THEIR KUKUNASE TO FVCK IN EXCHANGE FOR CASH.

2 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by geosegun(m): 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2021
BigDawsNet:

You know how white dey demand nah...

If i change the hotel...it means shes not coming

Her boss at work that haz visited naija advice her to pick Eko hotel...

So she wont trust any other hotel... i hav to accept her demands or else...shes not coming...

Personally, I prefer the Lagos Continental and even Federal Palace to Eko Hotel. Eko hotel is too noisy and rowdy for my liking...Forget about name. Radisson is good but too small and over priced.

4 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Laturuturu: 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2021
The sun is fucking too much meeen

Everyone here seems angry

Fuc.k mennnn

I am going back to the states meeennnnnn

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by maziude: 7:53pm On Dec 31, 2021
AZeD1:
After a while outside the country, Nigeria feels different. The first thing you notice is the noise and heat.
From April 2019 to December 2021, I drove about 53K Km and I used my horn 5 times and the 5th time was just to disturb a friend. In Nigeria, I try not to use the horn but people use the horn as a toy.

There are no lane marking on some part of 3rd mainland and Oshodi - Gbagada road. Like WTF?

Nobody has billed me. All my friends are currently doing very well in Nigeria.

I don't trust Google maps in Nigeria. It hasn't be so accurate for me.

Oh lastly security makes everyone that calling me by 8pm but in my base, I go out to jog by 2am.

Did I mention the heat?

grin
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 31, 2021
JeffreyJunior:
I never imagined it'd be this stressful to visit Nigeria now. It's really not worth it if it's just to visit and spend time with family.

Other countries are preventing coronavirus but our dear country is cashing out on it.

What's the idea behind the useless travel certificate that I've just paid $100 for?

The European country I will be transiting from only demanded my vaccine certificate but Naija wants people to go to one useless website to fill out form, upload documents and pay money. They don't even bother to know whether one is internet savvy or not.

I've told my people, if anyone wants to see me again, I'll rather spend $1500 on their ticket than for me to stress myself like this. I hate unnecessary stress.

This got me pondering if it really worth it.
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2021
36STATES:
Most Nigerians abroad have no time for Nairaland when in Nigeria. I didn't go home this Christmas as I was twice in Nigeria this year. Nigerians abroad who went home are still busy sorting out problems and meeting people, so may never see this your post. Very good post at a wrong time.

One other major reason is that people abroad are not used to slow internet connections as those at home, so it is a big put off to go online except for something very important like online banking and quick email check.

One of the things I do see is that many people behave the way many people reason here on Nairaland, and that is always entertaining to me. Seeing people in blissful ignorance.

True
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by NGArmyTerrorist: 7:58pm On Dec 31, 2021
Abeg make una share una experience as I couldn't or rather say "I didn't planned coming back into the SHITHOLE till this TERROIST govt and blood suckers goes. "

3 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by BigDawsNet: 8:00pm On Dec 31, 2021
geosegun:

Personally, I prefer the Lagos Continental and even Federal Palace to Eko Hotel. Eko hotel is too noisy and rowdy for my liking...Forget about name. Radisson is good but too small and over priced.

Bro im a full naija boy and i spent 3 decades in naija before i moved to america

I know lot of popular hotel on the island and mainland which are very less expensive...

But since ma woman chooses Eko hotel...i hav no choice...

It will be her first time visiting...and she has to pick only Eko hotel she's sure off...

But i will try lodge her for 1week den we try other hotel...

3 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by tiger28: 8:01pm On Dec 31, 2021
GodIsBiafran:
Low self-esteem is the major problem of Ghanaian artists. This is why they will never grow.

If you don't have self-confidence, you can never survive the music game. The music game is not for weak a-$$ sissies who want someone else to push their music for them. For example, have you ever seen Rema begging Wizkid or Burna to push his music? Did FireboyDML cry when Wizkid did not invite him to O2 arena? Instead Fireboy hustled to get Ed Sheeran to feature in his music. Do you see Arya Starr crying that Tiwa and TEMs are not pushing her music? Rather she is focused, releasing hits after hits. Even portable is all over Lagos pushing his craft without giving a fvck what people think. Nigerians are built different. We believe in ourselves. That is why you will never see a Ghanaian in the MMA. Meanwhile Kamaru and Israel are top dogs there. Any endeavor that requires strong-will and individual self belief, Nigerians will ALWAYS surpass you. Ghana go and sleep. Not in this life. Maybe in another life you can compete with Nigeria.
I used to work for a major Hotel in NY when I was younger that was filled with African workers[mostly Nigerians and Ghanians], I noticed that the Nigerian workers[housekeepers,security guards etc] were mostly taking night classes in different colleges like myself and the ones who couldnt or didnt want to go to College took different technical training so they can enhance themselves. The ones that decided not to learn any vocation ,made sure to bombard the human resources office regularly for opportunities to move up. Many years later, I visited the hotel to find out that most of my fellow Nigerians like myself have moved on to better opportunities likes Doctors, engineers, architect, licensed electricians etc and the one that stayed behind at the Hotel had become managers and executives of the Hotel. When I checked on the other Africans, they were STILL in the SAME position that they were when I left the place almost 2 decades later[One told me that they that didnt move because of the risk of losing a Unionized Job]. My point here is that I love My Nigerian PPL because they are resilient, risk takers, opportunistic, always aiming high,they dont rely on luck or anybody................Nigerians can NEVER be put in a Box!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by chuksbogus: 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
I noticed that things are really really expensive.

The heat for Naija no be here

Nigerians need brain transplant

People are really Hungry .

3 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Glamouzpeter(f): 8:09pm On Dec 31, 2021
kingemi:
Heyo man
Damn
Shit
I just flew in from the United States of Akwa Ibom, and I must say Nigeria is lit and blessed with confused leaders.
undecided
Thank you lipsrsealed

WTF man
Yak ndi grin

But wait oo,, Op wakanda moniker is this? undecided
Afo ofon
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by vickydevoka(m): 8:09pm On Dec 31, 2021
BigDawsNet:
I dint make it home this year, probably next year...

Right now i hav to save enough tho to think abt naija..

Lots of ma niggaz are waiting on me...

Atleast i need to put aside $15,000 for naija trip...

Soo next year ending by God grace...i will work hard and visit for 3weeks ...

May God grant ma wish
That money will build a good bungalow in my village. That's over 7 million Naira
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by 15ssDRIVE(m): 8:10pm On Dec 31, 2021
BigDawsNet:

May God grant ma wish

E go happen ….
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by newoffer: 8:10pm On Dec 31, 2021
Togo wey be like sodom. U spend all u have quote author=fancyhandsome post=108968087]My brother it's well, since I arrived from TOGO to Nigeria its like I left a huge comfort zone to be suffering here..

Togo is new African London and can't wait to be back cheesy[/quote]
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by EvilNeedle(m): 8:10pm On Dec 31, 2021
LesbianBoy:

Many people said so when leaving but dem still come back grin grin grin grin

Come do wetin grin

2 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by vickydevoka(m): 8:10pm On Dec 31, 2021
Sheriman:
Some Nairalanders who never visited ordinary immigration office in their life will come here to tell us lies.
Lol. Some never even see de uniform
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by MrOkenwa(m): 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2021
Lemme start from arrival. Lagos has this pungent smell, right from the MMIA till I left for my state.
The heat is much, with the epileptic power supply, I mostly run on generator and I had to replace the big ACs with LG Gencool, to keep me cool while on gen.
Naira has really lost value.
Some old friends are now doing incredibly well.
Roads are not well maintained, they’re worse.
Finally, the billing has been coming from every corner.

10 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by BigDawsNet: 8:14pm On Dec 31, 2021
vickydevoka:

That money will build a good bungalow in my village. That's over 7 million Naira

My broda my white woman choose Eko hotel fpr 3weeks with Vip fllexings all round lagos including cash i will be spendin for my street guys and area i grew up...

Baba 7m no bii small money but i need to book ham down... i may probably wont spend it all but... i hav to hav that cash on ma account before booking a return fligjt ticket from Lag-Lax

3 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by BigDawsNet: 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2021
15ssDRIVE:

E go happen ….

Sure bro, Amen

It has to be done...
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by vickydevoka(m): 8:22pm On Dec 31, 2021
BigDawsNet:

My broda my white woman choose Eko hotel fpr 3weeks with Vip fllexings all round lagos including cash i will be spendin for my street guys and area i grew up...

Baba 7m no bii small money but i need to book ham down... i may probably wont spend it all but... i hav to hav that cash on ma account before booking a return fligjt ticket from Lag-Lax
Leave ur street guys n visit your family and go. Simple life is de best

1 Like

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by LesbianBoy(m): 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2021
EvilNeedle:

I haven't. 9 years so far.

Talk true, you no get papers. Na why you no wan come back because you no say you no fit go back grin grin
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Jhayeahsam01(m): 8:29pm On Dec 31, 2021
Mehn, am not gonna come for next year Xmas mehn.. Its sucks an shit mehn. Bad niggAr full here mehn. Wtf
Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by BigDawsNet: 8:30pm On Dec 31, 2021
vickydevoka:

Leave ur street guys n visit your family and go. Simple life is de best

Baba my family house is where i grew up
My niggaz are waiting for me

I cant ignore dem..

My mom based in US
But she return home for the xmas since November...so now i hav to visit home....
And it will cost me cash....

1 Like

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by EgunMogaji2: 8:37pm On Dec 31, 2021
1stGenAmerican:

Is there something wrong with cleaning toilets? Why do people always speak of “menial jobs” when in fact most of those jobs include decent pay? The ladies who clean our office building (including the toilets) make $17.50 per hour.

Many of the men who drive GARBAGE TRUCKS in New York City made well over $250,000/year due to overtime caused by the pandemic.

Cleaning toilets and such is much more honorable than scamming and begging.

It’s their inferiority complex in display cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by Obiwank: 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2021
tiger28:
I used to work for a major Hotel in NY when I was younger that was filled with African workers[mostly Nigerians and Ghanians], I noticed that the Nigerian workers[housekeepers,security guards etc] were mostly taking night classes in different colleges like myself and the ones who couldnt or didnt want to go to College took different technical training so they can enhance themselves. The ones that decided not to learn any vocation ,made sure to bombard the human resources office regularly for opportunities to move up. Many years later, I visited the hotel to find out that most of my fellow Nigerians like myself have moved on to better opportunities likes Doctors, engineers, architect, licensed electricians etc and the one that stayed behind at the Hotel had become managers and executives of the Hotel. When I checked on the other Africans, they were STILL in the SAME position that they were when I left the place almost 2 decades later[One told me that they that didnt move because of the risk of losing a Unionized Job]. My point here is that I love My Nigerian PPL because they are resilient, risk takers, opportunistic, always aiming high,they dont rely on luck or anybody................Nigerians can NEVER be put in a Box!

Completely agree. That's also my message to any new Nigerian immigrant I meet - I tell them not be carried away by the little dollars they are earning initially but plot a firm path to the middle class in America. That's how you truly live the American dream and lay a good foundation for the next generation. Good thing is that a lot of our people execute on that.

15 Likes

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by OmegaAutos: 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2021
BigDawsNet:

May God grant ma wish

Why do u need something hoooooooge to come home. You dont need to come show off, just lay low and leave when its time. Dont let societal expectation deprive u of ur jore jare. If dem tax u, if u no get nobody will arrest u

1 Like

Re: Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far by seyz91(m): 8:43pm On Dec 31, 2021
cheesy
Ebubu:
Expect lies from impostors wey never cross deme border just for cruise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) / JAPA: Man Prays On His Nigerian Passport For US & Canadian Visa (VID) / Top 7 Tourist Attractions In Ondo State That You Must Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.