Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children (2752 Views)

Man Hired 20 Exotic Cars Including Ferrari To Propose And Still Got Rejected / Man Hired 20 Extraordinary Vehicles Consisting Of Ferrari To Propose And Still / How Girls Act When They Want To Have Sex With Guys (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by EkiranAlexmedia(m): 7:13pm On Dec 31, 2021
The man hired to have sex with children
By Ed Butler

In some remote southern regions of Malawi, it's traditional for girls to be made to have sex with a paid sex worker known as a "hyena" once they reach puberty. The act is not seen by village elders as rape, but as a form of ritual "cleansing". However, as Ed Butler reports, it has the potential to be the opposite of cleansing - a way of spreading disease.

I meet Eric Aniva in the dusty yard of his three-room shack in Nsanje district in southern Malawi. Goats and chickens graze in the dirt outside. Wearing a grimy green shirt, and walking with a pronounced limp (he's been lame in one leg since birth, he says), he greets me enthusiastically. He seems to like the idea of media attention.

Aniva is by all accounts the pre-eminent "hyena" in this village. It's a traditional title given to a man hired by communities in several remote parts of southern Malawi to provide what's called sexual "cleansing". If a man dies, for example, his wife is required by tradition to sleep with Aniva before she can bury him. If a woman has an abortion, again sexual cleansing is required.

And most shockingly, here in Nsanje, teenage girls, after their first menstruation, are made to have sex over a three-day period, to mark their passage from childhood to womanhood. If the girls refuse, it's believed, disease or some fatal misfortune could befall their families or the village as a whole.

"Most of those I have slept with are girls, school-going girls," Aniva tells me.

"Some girls are just 12 or 13 years old, but I prefer them older. All these girls find pleasure in having me as their hyena. They actually are proud and tell other people that this man is a real man, he knows how to please a woman."

Despite his boasts, several girls I meet in a nearby village express aversion to the ordeal they've had to go through.

"There was nothing else I could have done. I had to do it for the sake of my parents," one girl, Maria, tells me. "If I'd refused, my family members could be attacked with diseases - even death - so I was scared."

They tell me that all their female friends were made to have sex with a hyena.
Aniva appears to be in his 40s (he's vague about his precise age) and currently has two wives who are well aware of his work. He claims to have slept with 104 women and girls - although as he said the same to a local newspaper in 2012, I sense that he long ago lost count. Aniva has five children that he knows about - he's not sure how many of the women and girls he's made pregnant.

He tells me he's one of 10 hyenas in this community, and that every village in Nsanje district has them. They are paid from $4 to $7 (£3 to £5) each time.

2 Shares

Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by advanceDNA: 7:41pm On Dec 31, 2021
No virgins for boys for that town ooooo

12 Likes

Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by Stenewiser: 9:37pm On Dec 31, 2021
see joy
Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by siofra(f): 9:53pm On Dec 31, 2021
Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by headbasher96(m): 10:29pm On Dec 31, 2021
Nna eh africa the suprise person sometimes o

1 Like

Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by illicit(m): 10:31pm On Dec 31, 2021
Very odd job
Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by SalafRider(m): 10:59pm On Dec 31, 2021
Which kind nonsense tradition be this?
Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by segtech68: 4:03am On Jan 01, 2022
Every man's dream job grin

1 Like

Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by Balistic4: 4:09am On Jan 01, 2022
this is what mental slavery can do.
Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by talk2hb1(m): 9:47am On Jan 01, 2022
Different Cultures, Different Believes
Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by oz4real83(m): 11:26am On Jan 01, 2022
I can only imagine the number of haggard old men and women that will stand up to oppose a move by any sane human who try to oppose such a dreadful and evil practice. Most of these things are not culture, it was started by somebody with mental issues but transferred to people around them who also transferred them to successive generations claiming "it's our way of life". What nonsense.
Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by Odoogu(m): 11:31am On Jan 01, 2022
Who go come "hyena" him own virgin daughters?

Na this kind tradition and practices feminism and feminists suppose dey tackle, no be the "werey" parade dem dey do upandan.
Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by paulolee(m): 11:32am On Jan 01, 2022
this wan go jus de transfer diseases Gv young girls n I hope he is using protection..
the man jus de sample fresh, young n tight kuntus for dt region, dts so unfair to the other guys in d hood na
Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by Exkandayee(m): 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2022
I'm going thereooh,but looking at environment,the women are not attractive,Dem deh de inside?
Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by Breezzy(m): 12:44pm On Jan 01, 2022
This ones still dey for ancient ages
Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by placeofallure(f): 2:31pm On Jan 01, 2022
talk2hb1:
Different Cultures, Different Believes

Different beliefs... Note this correction.

Belief (noun)
Believe (verb)
Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by Oluromantic: 2:34pm On Jan 01, 2022
Is it a contract job or a permanent job

1 Like

Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by talk2hb1(m): 3:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
placeofallure:

Different beliefs... Note this correction.

Belief (noun)
Believe (verb)
Aye Aye Captain!

1 Like

Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by Holluwhakemmy(f): 6:20pm On Jan 01, 2022
This is serious, weird tradition
Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by ruggedtimi(m): 6:26pm On Jan 01, 2022
Old news from two years ago
Re: The Man Hired To Have Sex With Children by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 01, 2022
segtech68:
Every man's dream job grin
Tufiakwa

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Ethiopian Girls Like To Do House Girl Job In Arab Countries / MEN!! It's Finally Time For You All To Get Yourself A GOLDEN P£N!S!! (Photos) / Meet 35-year-old Nigerian Woman Who Is A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.