Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church (86060 Views)

Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time / Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members (2) (3) (4)

Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Curious345: 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2022
Romance section.. acidic
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by adedayo3193(m): 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ocholu:
Let me use this opportunity to wish my fellow Nairalanders and Nigerians a happy new year. May God bless us all.

So, this post may be a little bit lengthy. There's no sugar coating, neither is it fiction.

In 2021, yesterday was the first day I went to Church for a full service. In as much as I as I don't go to Church regularly, I have a personal relationship with God. As the last day of the month, I promised myself that I must go to the Altar of the Almighty and Glorify his Name.

I am a Catholic, but I wanted to attend another Church for reasons best known to me. So I choose one of the popular Churches in Naija. I freshened up, prepared myself and went to the Church 1 hour before time (I have a phobia for late coming). As one of the first persons in the Church, I had the liberty to choose a spot I like. Since it's cross over, and for the sake of crashing, I chose a spot that'll meet my many demands.

People started trooping in and wetin my eyes see ehn, hmm. Na young, classy, rich and foreigners de come this Church oh! I immediately noticed that, what you wear to the Church doesn't really matter.

I was still admiring the people coming in, especially the ladies when two girls came in. One of them wore a really tight dress and oh, she wasn't wearing bra and you know bruv, her nip**les were showing. Haa! My Mr Niger D immediately caught signal from in between my laps were it was resting peacefully. I had to calm it down and reassure myself that I came to Church, to rededicate my life to God.

Also, by wearing my senator attire which I invested 15k to sew. I thought that my fashion game would be top notch. But 15 minutes after people started coming in, I realized that I fvcked up! Because, e be like say na only me wear that kind cloth.

At this point, the Church was still welcoming people and also projecting beautiful Gospel renditions on the screens. One woman with her family came and sat close to me. More people came in. Another woman, immediately she met the entrance of the Church busted some amazing dance moves. Omo! "Today na today" I concluded in my mind.

I was still trying to grasp the atmospheric condition when some dude who won Big Brother; I think the African edition came in. He sat two rows in front of me. And this begs me to ask this very important question, what'sup with Nigeria celebrities wearing heavy sunshades even in places wear the really need their bear eyes to see? Even for darkness person go still carry heavy eyeglass chook for eye.

Church service started properly and I must confess that I had one of the best time in the presence of the Lord. The praise and worship was wonderful. I noticed that all the big boys, Celebrities, slay mamas etcetera were all overwhelmed in the spirit of the Lord.

The woman that sat beside me, even after having four children gave me a serious dancing assignment because, I couldn't match her dancing skills.

Lastly, I also realized that mehn, God loves all of us. Regardless of what you do, what you wear, how you choose to worship him. The main thing be say, make you hold and know him.

Mods please help project to front page;

your mr Niger D?
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by genkins(m): 3:29pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ocholu:
Let me use this opportunity to wish my fellow Nairalanders and Nigerians a happy new year. May God bless us all.

So, this post may be a little bit lengthy. There's no sugar coating, neither is it fiction.

In 2021, yesterday was the first day I went to Church for a full service. In as much as I as I don't go to Church regularly, I have a personal relationship with God. As the last day of the month, I promised myself that I must go to the Altar of the Almighty and Glorify his Name.

I am a Catholic, but I wanted to attend another Church for reasons best known to me. So I choose one of the popular Churches in Naija. I freshened up, prepared myself and went to the Church 1 hour before time (I have a phobia for late coming). As one of the first persons in the Church, I had the liberty to choose a spot I like. Since it's cross over, and for the sake of crashing, I chose a spot that'll meet my many demands.

People started trooping in and wetin my eyes see ehn, hmm. Na young, classy, rich and foreigners de come this Church oh! I immediately noticed that, what you wear to the Church doesn't really matter.

I was still admiring the people coming in, especially the ladies when two girls came in. One of them wore a really tight dress and oh, she wasn't wearing bra and you know bruv, her nip**les were showing. Haa! My Mr Niger D immediately caught signal from in between my laps were it was resting peacefully. I had to calm it down and reassure myself that I came to Church, to rededicate my life to God.

Also, by wearing my senator attire which I invested 15k to sew. I thought that my fashion game would be top notch. But 15 minutes after people started coming in, I realized that I fvcked up! Because, e be like say na only me wear that kind cloth.

At this point, the Church was still welcoming people and also projecting beautiful Gospel renditions on the screens. One woman with her family came and sat close to me. More people came in. Another woman, immediately she met the entrance of the Church busted some amazing dance moves. Omo! "Today na today" I concluded in my mind.

I was still trying to grasp the atmospheric condition when some dude who won Big Brother; I think the African edition came in. He sat two rows in front of me. And this begs me to ask this very important question, what'sup with Nigeria celebrities wearing heavy sunshades even in places wear the really need their bear eyes to see? Even for darkness person go still carry heavy eyeglass chook for eye.

Church service started properly and I must confess that I had one of the best time in the presence of the Lord. The praise and worship was wonderful. I noticed that all the big boys, Celebrities, slay mamas etcetera were all overwhelmed in the spirit of the Lord.

The woman that sat beside me, even after having four children gave me a serious dancing assignment because, I couldn't match her dancing skills.

Lastly, I also realized that mehn, God loves all of us. Regardless of what you do, what you wear, how you choose to worship him. The main thing be say, make you hold and know him.

Bro, you attended an end of year event organised by the people of the world . Don't let the religious music fool you. The church building is not the house of God.happy new yr.

Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Elporo(m): 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2022
Mancrossfire:
Sometimes God uses yansh I mean fresh yansh win souls to himself...that's was how my father became a Christian through my mum's freshness grin grin

This is a fact.
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Elporo(m): 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2022
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by jaxxy(m): 3:34pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ocholu:

U went to HOTR or city of david?
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:35pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ocholu:

Pictures, or you lyin'.
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:39pm On Jan 01, 2022
Shuoooo!
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by EmekaBlue(m): 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2022
Winners chapel abi Christ embassy?

I suspect my 2nd guess
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by BigBashiru: 3:52pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ocholu:

Pls which church is it??
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by BelovedofLord: 3:53pm On Jan 01, 2022
§
Let me use this opportunity to congratulate all healthy / sick / ill and living citizens of this projected to be great and prosperous expired contraption in the hands of a genocidal / calamitious and evil party!

§
The Giant of Africa and temporarily poverty capital of the world!!!
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Karlifate: 3:54pm On Jan 01, 2022
genkins:

Bro, you attended an end of year event organised by the people of the world . Don't let the religious music fool you. The church building is not the house of God.happy new yr.

Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by grandstar(m): 4:02pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ocholu
People at times wear shades to mask their anxiety and discomfort. The eyes are a window to the soul and can easily reflect vividly the person's countenance within.

Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Benwallt(m): 4:04pm On Jan 01, 2022
So, you saw and observed everything with your bare eyes n you come here with no pictures. Guy this is 2022, whatever you are seeing we want to be seeing them here. God is merciful.
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Testimony1988(m): 4:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
Hmmmmm.
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Sirchiboy: 4:15pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ocholu:

Please name of church and location

Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Ryan14(m): 4:19pm On Jan 01, 2022
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Olifiz(m): 4:57pm On Jan 01, 2022
joeking2222:

As far as u gerrit, no probs!!!

Finally Sha I gerrit oo grin
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by cardoctor(m): 5:11pm On Jan 01, 2022
Lubbish
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by cardoctor(m): 5:12pm On Jan 01, 2022
Lubbish post
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by MissionaryArchi(m): 5:15pm On Jan 01, 2022
farem:

Move of God shouldn't be confused for sensationalism and wild emotions.

God is not a robot. Stop describing God the way that suits you.
God is holy and He is loving. He demands repentance and He is Consuming Fire �

I love this Sir, we don't worship God with emotions but in truth and spirit

God is Holy and any who call upon Him must be Holy
Lev 19:2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God [am] holy.

This same God who's a loving Father in the morning can also be a consuming fire at night but nevertheless His mercies endures forever and this mercy we speak upon souls daily that they may come into the light

Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by MissionaryArchi(m): 5:18pm On Jan 01, 2022
joeking2222:
Smiles.......una don start dis una sweet sweet tori dis year again abi? The very BEST tori, wey i read for NAIRALAND in year 2021 was d one dat UBAH guy carry two very young newly wedded COUPLE wit hm car, con dey dish dem sweet sweet old school songs to settle their quarrel. Abeg make our MOD push dat tori enter front page again, i love reading dat story over and over again. Anybody wit d link?
Would love to read it too.
Please when you get it, quote me
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Htt0: 5:31pm On Jan 01, 2022
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Klassiq54(m): 5:35pm On Jan 01, 2022
Bros shay u day whine God ne Person dress Inappropriately come House of God day confuse innocent young men like u, and u day Say God loves everybody, wetin she do day wrong.
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by nastynic(m): 6:25pm On Jan 01, 2022
Wetin musa no go see for gate
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 01, 2022
adedayo3193:

your mr Niger D?
LOL

THE F
cheesy grin

Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Ocholu: 6:40pm On Jan 01, 2022
GboyegaD:
I'm guessing the church has gained a new member in the person of Bro. Ocholu.

Yes na. I don even set clothes wey I go use enter first service tomorrow. No time sir.
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Ocholu: 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2022
FernandezPablo:

Which kind comment be this?
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by memd: 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2022
One goes to church, the "presence of God, " as said, with the intent of rededicating one's life to God,
Only to get there and encounter intense struggles with lust
Then... What do we have left in the church? Might as well have gone to a club or something to view whatever sights the eyes longed for.
One goes to church to rededicate their life to God,
Only to come back with tales of "bra-less women" and "flashy clothings" and "erection-inducing appearances..." as the primary experience.

Nothing of the Word, nothing of His Presence.

So... What does the church have left to offer, if it is unsafe for people who need rededicating? They come hoping for some respite, but they're rubbed in the face by the exact thing they've tried to escape.

I just wonder, what do we have left in the church?

Okay, fine, there's freedom, God loves everyone, worship God as you like. But whatever happened to the warnings against those things that "make thy brother to offend?"

Again, I just wonder.

Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Ocholu: 6:43pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ifesinachi22:

This church is definitely Domion City

You're really poor at guessing. My take; avoid betting.

Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Ocholu: 6:45pm On Jan 01, 2022
tellwisdom:
Everything about you foolish kids are just women and sex..nothing else....Ndi iberibe

I narrated what my eyes saw and you're here talking gibberish. Oga go and sit down.
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ocholu:

Which kind comment be this?
You are always stalking me daily..don't you think you are obsessed with me?
If you h*o*rny let me know.. kiss

Pastor Adewale Giwa On Jack Ma Test Kits: 'Nigeria Should Not Accept Them' / Pastor Ayilara Oluwaseunfunmi: RCBC, RCCG Pastor School, A Demonic Institution / TB Joshua's Prophecy On The US Election 2020

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95