Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church (86059 Views)

Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time / Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ocholu:

I prefer intelligent conversations.
Intelligent people who need intelligent conversation don't feel pompous of themselves tho.. grin wink
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Ocholu: 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2022
FernandezPablo:

Intelligent people who need intelligent conversation don't feel pompous of themselves tho.. grin wink

Tell me, i what point did I give the inclination that I am pompous?
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ocholu:

Tell me, i what point did I give the inclination that I am pompous?
That moment you said **am pretending as if ** don't seriously need the money...then you said you don't need to identify who you wanna help..
That's a big turnoff for me tho..I admire cool headed boys not the ones who think the world evolve around them.. embarassed cry cry cry
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by DreamSonInlaw(m): 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2022
So much similarities between me and you; i'm equally Catholic and its been couple of month i went to church also (but i try to make my ways straight with God and pray also) my reasons for not frequenting church is that...most times when i go i don't come back with so much message that pinches my conscience - after coming back from church you should feel a bit uncomfortable from the preaching (at least for me that is how i see it) but mostly its about money and double offerings.

I know some will suggest or say Catholic church is boring. find a new church..but its even more worst in other churches, its mostly entertainment..once when to Christ Embassy during my Uni days the pastor kept gassing about pastor Chris and like some two years ago a pastor cursing members who left to other Churches.

But there is this Rev. Father that i so much love - (Fr. George Ehusani) catch him on Ait every sundays 11pm, you wont regret it..i miss church but i do not miss to catch him on TV..if you do not get enrich from listening to him..tell me, i will pay for your time cheesy ..most times i wish i stay in Abuja to attend in person

1 Like

Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Ocholu: 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2022
FernandezPablo:

That moment you said **am pretending as if ** don't seriously need the money...then you said you don't need to identify who you wanna help..
That's a big turnoff for me tho..I admire cool headed boys not the ones who think the world evolve around them.. embarassed cry cry cry

Lol. I get.

"You admire cool headed boys"?? Your moniker displays that you're male. Or are you rainbow personified??
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ocholu:

Lol. I get.

"You admire cool headed boys"?? Your moniker displays that you're male. Or are you rainbow personified??
Now y've switched to my moniker huh?
My moniker doesn't make me up son.. grin wink
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Ocholu: 9:03pm On Jan 01, 2022
FernandezPablo:

Now y've switched to my moniker huh?
My moniker doesn't make me up son.. grin wink

I am not your son. My mom is amazingly beautiful. Can't be sure of you.

Anyways, I used the same approach you gave me.
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ocholu:

I am not your son. My mom is amazingly beautiful. Can't be sure of you.

Anyways, I used the same approach you gave me.
This was what I was saying son..that attitude.. shocked
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Ocholu: 9:07pm On Jan 01, 2022
FernandezPablo:

This was what I was saying son..that attitude.. shocked

Why Fernandez Pablo though?
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ocholu:

Why Fernandez Pablo though?
It makes me remember my son.. cry
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Ocholu: 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2022
FernandezPablo:

It makes me remember my son.. cry

Send a PM
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Tranquility439(m): 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2022
Don't be decieved, God is not mocked. What you wears matters and how you choose to worship God matters a lot. How can a girl go to Church with that kind of dressing and you said she was in the spirit of the lord. When she actually went there to arouse boys, just like you...
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ocholu:

Send a PM
What's that?
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Ocholu: 9:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
FernandezPablo:

What's that?

Private message
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ocholu:

Private message
Why should I ?
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Ocholu: 9:16pm On Jan 01, 2022
FernandezPablo:

Why should I ?

You sound interesting.
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ocholu:

You sound interesting.
Nope I don't think I do..
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Ocholu: 9:21pm On Jan 01, 2022
FernandezPablo:

Nope I don't think I do..

Alright then.
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by ogub(m): 10:01pm On Jan 01, 2022
True God loves us, but he does not want us to keep living the life of the flesh and sin and expects him to condone it.
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by scait(m): 10:18pm On Jan 01, 2022
SmellySperm:
And the moral of the story is...
I tire oo
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by OLULAW: 12:47am On Jan 02, 2022
Ocholu:
Let me use this opportunity to wish my fellow Nairalanders and Nigerians a happy new year. May God bless us all.

So, this post may be a little bit lengthy. There's no sugar coating, neither is it fiction.

In 2021, yesterday was the first day I went to Church for a full service. In as much as I as I don't go to Church regularly, I have a personal relationship with God. As the last day of the month, I promised myself that I must go to the Altar of the Almighty and Glorify his Name.

I am a Catholic, but I wanted to attend another Church for reasons best known to me. So I choose one of the popular Churches in Naija. I freshened up, prepared myself and went to the Church 1 hour before time (I have a phobia for late coming). As one of the first persons in the Church, I had the liberty to choose a spot I like. Since it's cross over, and for the sake of crashing, I chose a spot that'll meet my many demands.

People started trooping in and wetin my eyes see ehn, hmm. Na young, classy, rich and foreigners de come this Church oh! I immediately noticed that, what you wear to the Church doesn't really matter.

I was still admiring the people coming in, especially the ladies when two girls came in. One of them wore a really tight dress and oh, she wasn't wearing bra and you know bruv, her nip**les were showing. Haa! My Mr Niger D immediately caught signal from in between my laps were it was resting peacefully. I had to calm it down and reassure myself that I came to Church, to rededicate my life to God.

Also, by wearing my senator attire which I invested 15k to sew. I thought that my fashion game would be top notch. But 15 minutes after people started coming in, I realized that I fvcked up! Because, e be like say na only me wear that kind cloth.

At this point, the Church was still welcoming people and also projecting beautiful Gospel renditions on the screens. One woman with her family came and sat close to me. More people came in. Another woman, immediately she met the entrance of the Church busted some amazing dance moves. Omo! "Today na today" I concluded in my mind.

I was still trying to grasp the atmospheric condition when some dude who won Big Brother; I think the African edition came in. He sat two rows in front of me. And this begs me to ask this very important question, what'sup with Nigeria celebrities wearing heavy sunshades even in places wear the really need their bear eyes to see? Even for darkness person go still carry heavy eyeglass chook for eye.

Church service started properly and I must confess that I had one of the best time in the presence of the Lord. The praise and worship was wonderful. I noticed that all the big boys, Celebrities, slay mamas etcetera were all overwhelmed in the spirit of the Lord.

The woman that sat beside me, even after having four children gave me a serious dancing assignment because, I couldn't match her dancing skills.

Lastly, I also realized that mehn, God loves all of us. Regardless of what you do, what you wear, how you choose to worship him. The main thing be say, make you hold and know him.

Mods please help project to front page;

Slay mamas, runs girls, druggies and drug pushers, etc., were all there. Nice.
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Microwhy: 1:14am On Jan 02, 2022
Christianity....
Be behaving like as if the bible is old and outdated.
I wonder why pastors overlook this trend in churches or maybe they don't want to loose members to their competitors which will be minus for pastor's lavish lifestyle.
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Nilon: 6:55am On Jan 02, 2022
VOsimhen144:
If you see cross over service I attended yesterday for one church. If you see thier girls nyash, Jez!! Especially when they were dancing. If you see nyash of different types and sizes.

Ídí arábá,
ídí óró,
ídí ábájó
ídí aréré
Ídí gánlébé
ídí mu, gbe ídí jór tá'n ní ídí ófó

I almost rock one inside church, if not for the ushers.
give me address of your church make I come. I fúck one girl in my church restroom during service on new year's Eve. infact na inside there we say happy new year as we dey nack ourself

1 Like

Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Vicoymi: 7:03am On Jan 02, 2022
Ocholu:
Let me use this opportunity to wish my fellow Nairalanders and Nigerians a happy new year. May God bless us all.

So, this post may be a little bit lengthy. There's no sugar coating, neither is it fiction.

In 2021, yesterday was the first day I went to Church for a full service. In as much as I as I don't go to Church regularly, I have a personal relationship with God. As the last day of the month, I promised myself that I must go to the Altar of the Almighty and Glorify his Name.

I am a Catholic, but I wanted to attend another Church for reasons best known to me. So I choose one of the popular Churches in Naija. I freshened up, prepared myself and went to the Church 1 hour before time (I have a phobia for late coming). As one of the first persons in the Church, I had the liberty to choose a spot I like. Since it's cross over, and for the sake of crashing, I chose a spot that'll meet my many demands.

People started trooping in and wetin my eyes see ehn, hmm. Na young, classy, rich and foreigners de come this Church oh! I immediately noticed that, what you wear to the Church doesn't really matter.

I was still admiring the people coming in, especially the ladies when two girls came in. One of them wore a really tight dress and oh, she wasn't wearing bra and you know bruv, her nip**les were showing. Haa! My Mr Niger D immediately caught signal from in between my laps were it was resting peacefully. I had to calm it down and reassure myself that I came to Church, to rededicate my life to God.

Also, by wearing my senator attire which I invested 15k to sew. I thought that my fashion game would be top notch. But 15 minutes after people started coming in, I realized that I fvcked up! Because, e be like say na only me wear that kind cloth.

At this point, the Church was still welcoming people and also projecting beautiful Gospel renditions on the screens. One woman with her family came and sat close to me. More people came in. Another woman, immediately she met the entrance of the Church busted some amazing dance moves. Omo! "Today na today" I concluded in my mind.

I was still trying to grasp the atmospheric condition when some dude who won Big Brother; I think the African edition came in. He sat two rows in front of me. And this begs me to ask this very important question, what'sup with Nigeria celebrities wearing heavy sunshades even in places wear the really need their bear eyes to see? Even for darkness person go still carry heavy eyeglass chook for eye.

Church service started properly and I must confess that I had one of the best time in the presence of the Lord. The praise and worship was wonderful. I noticed that all the big boys, Celebrities, slay mamas etcetera were all overwhelmed in the spirit of the Lord.

The woman that sat beside me, even after having four children gave me a serious dancing assignment because, I couldn't match her dancing skills.

Lastly, I also realized that mehn, God loves all of us. Regardless of what you do, what you wear, how you choose to worship him. The main thing be say, make you hold and know him. No

Mods please help project to front page;
I read and wanted to pass by but I realized that would not be good if I don't try to correct this mindset of yours

So you think what you wear doesn't matter to God have you ever read mat 5:28-30,have you ever thought that indecent dressing can lead you to lust after a woman,you can relate to it with your story

The worst part of it is that some pastors doesn't preach against it
Oh!!Have you ever thought of the good old days

Well, it's true that God loves all,but his love becomes eveident when you accept Christ and his love would not stop you fr hell fire if you eventually leave this earthly realm
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 02, 2022
YOU ARE NOT A 'CATHOLIC'
Instead of focusing on God who kept you alive, you took out time to observe and describe.
There is a difference between being a sinner and living in sin. Try to Gerrit.
Social gathering indeed. Spot indeed. Crash indeed.
I had the exact intention like @Vicoymi and others but e nor go good to go like that without correcting ourselves. Hopefully you go do beta next New Year vigil.

Modified: how will you feel if your post (which you clamoured to reach front page) causes "one of these little ones to sin"?
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by Ocholu: 10:12am On Jan 02, 2022
MikeAterezzi:
YOU ARE NOT A 'CATHOLIC'
Instead of focusing on God who kept you alive, you took out time to observe and describe.
There is a difference between being a sinner and living in sin. Try to Gerrit.
Social gathering indeed. Spot indeed. Crash indeed.
I had the exact intention like @Vicoymi and others but e nor go good to go like that without correcting ourselves. Hopefully you go do beta next New Year vigil.

Modified: how will you feel if your post (which you clamoured to reach front page) causes "one of these little ones to sin"?

You really don't know what you're saying. So I should have closed my eyes abi?
What I shared was an experience. Forget it, if you don't get it.
Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by KennyLenz(m): 12:24pm On Jan 02, 2022
grin grin
Mad man
VOsimhen144:
If you see cross over service I attended yesterday for one church. If you see thier girls nyash, Jez!! Especially when they were dancing. If you see nyash of different types and sizes.

Ídí arábá,
ídí óró,
ídí ábájó
ídí aréré
Ídí gánlébé
ídí mu, gbe ídí jór tá'n ní ídí ófó

I almost rock one inside church, if not for the ushers.

2 Likes

Re: My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church by adedayo3193(m): 1:00pm On Jan 02, 2022
Bobmarie:
LOL

THE F
cheesy grin

That part is funny as hell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Kow The Largest Church Auditorium In The World Is In Nigeria? / Pastor Adewale Giwa On Jack Ma Test Kits: 'Nigeria Should Not Accept Them' / Pastor Ayilara Oluwaseunfunmi: RCBC, RCCG Pastor School, A Demonic Institution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.