Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This (16577 Views)

Atiku To Tinubu: I Challenge You To Sit For A 1-Hour Interview / Nnamdi Kanu: I Challenge Pastor Adeboye To Reveal What He Saw In Aso Rock / I Challenge Anyone To Expose Me – Yari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by walefresh3(m): 1:11am On Jan 02, 2022
Naigleria1:

All I see is inequality. Why did you only post pics of a few pretty buildings amidsts the shackles of poverty (millions of brown roof buildings)
Oga u don't know the meaning of poverty . Naa people wey no get money to buy things wey Dem need be poor people...
Ppp....vat.. igr don expose south east.. nothing wey u naa fit claim...

Your value added tax it's too low....
Ibadan generated 69b from vat in 2021 .why a whole Southeast region generated 29b... That's meant Oyo state / indigens are richer than the whole Southeasterners

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by Uchek(m): 1:16am On Jan 02, 2022
Lagos State is terrible in terms of water supply. Every house in Lagos has it own water supply - borehole and overhead tank. True or False?

Moferere:
The same Onitsha o?

Have they fixed their lack of water?

Enugu and Onitsha are terrible in terms of water supply.

1 Like

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by Nobody: 1:31am On Jan 02, 2022
Gotze1:
Hahahahaha, why are you running kikikikikiki.

I am a proud Afonja.

Now, I dare you to say you are a proud OSU hahahahaha. grin

Osu is an abomination, he can never be proud of that grin

10 Likes

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by babasolution: 1:38am On Jan 02, 2022
walefresh3:

Oga u don't know the meaning of poverty . Naa people wey no get money to buy things wey Dem need be poor people...
Ppp....vat.. igr don expose south east.. nothing wey u naa fit claim...

Your value added tax it's too low....
Ibadan generated 69b from vat in 2021 .why a whole Southeast region generated 29b... That's meant Oyo state / indigens are richer than the whole Southeasterners

Those igr,Na Lebanese,Indians, Chinese get am
Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by revolt(m): 5:32am On Jan 02, 2022
attackgat:
Apart from Lagos, which became what it is by virtue of being capital of Nigeria for many decades, what city in the South West can boast of being as developed as Onitsha?

I challenge anyone from the South West to show me any city in the South West(apart from Lagos) that can compare with the city of Onitsha

I'm igbo but I swear some of you so called igbo kids behave like kids with no fathers. No sense. Always in your feelings ..... abusing right and left like market women.
Disgracing the real nwafors.... pls grow up.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by tamdun: 5:37am On Jan 02, 2022
Op no even get shame, everything he posted is not even up to a local government and he's bragging, u people keep showing same picture/place all the time, Is that the only developed area in...
From the response u are getting @op,am sure u can see different pic/places unlike u that is recycling same old pic

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by tamdun: 5:38am On Jan 02, 2022

14 Likes

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by tamdun: 5:42am On Jan 02, 2022
ariesbull:
Lagos was the capital of Nigeria and capital.. Onitsha was never a capital of state... Yet they built this great economy

They can't have such city in SW even in the next 200yrs
Oga what u people keep bragging about is not even up to a local government, u keep recycling same Onitsha pic, una no get any other place aside from that same...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by Cosbyrich: 5:43am On Jan 02, 2022
attackgat:
Apart from Lagos, which became what it is by virtue of being capital of Nigeria for many decades, what city in the South West can boast of being as developed as Onitsha?

I challenge anyone from the South West to show me any city in the South West(apart from Lagos) that can compare with the city of Onitsha

lol...Onitsha which is only 52 sq km?
No university,no university teaching hospitals,one mall grin,one GRA etc..
Only Ibadan city which is 3080 sq km has more than 10 GRAs and more infrastructures than the entire Igboland.Ibadan has skyscrapers but the entire SE has not been able to build one grin
SW is the most developed part of Nigeria.
I am a real estate person.80% percent of the properties in Lagos are owned by Yorubas especially Kwarans and Ijebus.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 5:54am On Jan 02, 2022
Even ordinary fajuyi in ekiti better pass that ur entire onitsha

12 Likes

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by juniorstar(m): 6:10am On Jan 02, 2022
attackgat:

Guess its becos they were the first to taste development by virtue of being he first to embrace western education...but in the coming years the east too will have brown roof..south west generally are not really into buildings from the states av seen they like partying, faji, dance and music, they like the hailing of men and they carry the respect thing for head..but they are good people.
Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by tamdun: 6:11am On Jan 02, 2022
Cosbyrich:

Only Ibadan city which is 3080 sq km has more than 10 GRAs and more infrastructures than the entire Igboland.Ibadan has skyscrapers but the entire SE has not been able to build one grin
I am a real estate person.80% percent of the properties in Lagos are owned by Yorubas especially Kwarans and Ijebus.
And they don't have any other pic aside from that same Onitsha photo, aside from that, nothing for them to brag about

7 Likes

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by dreamxhaser: 8:48am On Jan 02, 2022
We from the north will watch this thread with cautions, if by any means the guys from the yest side beat the SW in this battle, we will hop in for support.

2 Likes

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 02, 2022
longetivity:
Ondo state
Please remove all this stupid pic you upload
Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by tollyboy5(m): 9:07am On Jan 02, 2022
ariesbull:
Lagos was the capital of Nigeria and capital.. Onitsha was never a capital of state... Yet they built this great economy

Lagos was prosperous b4 becoming capital mr man. Abuja has been capital longer than lagos was

6 Likes

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by tollyboy5(m): 9:11am On Jan 02, 2022
longetivity:
Ondo state
Anambra should be better than ondo state . I been to akure several times akure is a village.
I've not been to anambra tho.

Akure has no industries na civil servant full everywhere
Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 02, 2022
ariesbull:

We do not care about a city like Onitsha.

6 Likes

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by LILTJAY: 9:15am On Jan 02, 2022
Igbos killed in their own thread again grin grin

15 Likes

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by tollyboy5(m): 9:15am On Jan 02, 2022
Cosbyrich:

Ijebus are very dominant in lagos. They're natives to lekki,epe and ikorodu. The immediate borders of lagos to ogun state are 70% ijebus. Its just a shame ogun state look hopeless to be honest.

1 Like

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 02, 2022
tollyboy5:

Anambra should be better than ondo state . I been to akure several times akure is a village.
I've not been to anambra tho.

Akure has no industries na civil servant full everywhere
Akure is a village, but Akwa is not a village abi? grin

Ibos are just one kin funny set of people.

If nah by Industry, then Ogun state is better than all the states in the South East.

13 Likes

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by tollyboy5(m): 9:20am On Jan 02, 2022
Uchek:
Lagos State is terrible in terms of water supply. Every house in Lagos has it own water supply - borehole and overhead tank. True or False?

Lagos is a water city. Water is not a problem in lagos.

Infact it'll be waste of resources to spend money on what people don't complain of lol.

1 Like

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by tollyboy5(m): 9:22am On Jan 02, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Akure is a village, but Akwa is not a village abi? grin

Ibos are just one kin funny set of people.

If nah by Industry, then Ogun state is better than all the states in the South East.
Akwa would be a village also. But truth be told. Ondo has no industry.

Using ondo as a yardstick is not acceptable
Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 02, 2022
tollyboy5:

Ondo has no industry.

Are you drunk or what?

8 Likes

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by Edozie4bc: 9:31am On Jan 02, 2022
conductor890:

It's actually a war-torn city. Every building in Onitsha was burnt down when your ancestors invited the British to throw bombs at Igbos to force them to accept your fake One Nigeria shithole.

All the houses you see there were built from scratch by Igbo private individuals after 1967 when Nigeria stole our monies in the banks, looted our shops, cornered our properties scattered around Nigeria and invited their British slave masters to bomb our cities and killed 3 million innocent Igbo women and children.

Now, here's a picture of a city that has never experienced any serious violence but looks like a war-torn refugee camp.
am with you op
Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by tollyboy5(m): 9:34am On Jan 02, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Are you drunk or what?
Oh! I just checked it online . They have tho cheesy
Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by walefresh3(m): 10:05am On Jan 02, 2022
babasolution:

Ok I heard you .What about purchasing power ? I meant vat...
Explain that one for me.

3 Likes

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by ariesbull: 10:53am On Jan 02, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
We do not care about a city like Onitsha.

you can't even build anything near that in the next 200yrs
Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by ariesbull: 10:53am On Jan 02, 2022
tollyboy5:

Lagos was prosperous b4 becoming capital mr man. Abuja has been capital longer than lagos was
transfer that prosperity to ondo and Ogun. If it's yoruba making
Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by walefresh3(m): 10:57am On Jan 02, 2022
babasolution:

who come curse your state/ region ... Wey make indigene / nationalists / foreigners dey run comot... Portuguese came ... ignored, German came , it ignored , later British finally came and did same thing....Do you know why ? Because of what they av forseen and ASARI DOKUBO answered to that few years back..
Southeast it is a Barren land...

Ibo guys come online to show off buildinds that are not generating any thing to government purse..

Unaa go make money for west go build house for village go dey outshine unaa self during Xmas
Poor people of the south...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by walefresh3(m): 11:00am On Jan 02, 2022
oga counter these... Do u have dis in your dungeon better than Western region ?
U guys don't know what they call development
Unaa go just dey show us house without any meaningful contribution to your state purse.. that's why your igr and vat its low if compare to others.

sw is the most developed region in Nigeria. the region that generate most from human resources is the most developed. You can't compared it with region that depends only on natural resources.(1) the highest number of most and best functioning institutions and religion certers are in the sw. (2)the most popular , the most beautiful and best AIRPORT with highest incomes IN NIGERIA IS IN THE SW( THE MOST POPULAR AND THE BEST ENTERTAINMENT CENTER IN AFRICA ITS IN SW. (3) NUMBERS OF MOST EDUCATED PEOPLE IN NIGERIA EITHER YORUBA , IGBO OR OTHER TRIBES RESIDE IN SW.(4)THE NIGERIA'S BEST SEAPORTS IS IN SW. (5) HIGHEST NUMBERS OF RICH PEOPLES IN NIGERIA RESIDE IN SW.(5) THE RICHESTS AND MOST POPULAR CELEBRITIES IN NIGERIA RESIDE IN SW. (6)80% of x governor's in the southern Nigeria reside in SW.(7) The most beautiful city and local governments in Nigeria is located in SW .( the best and most beautiful pedestrian bridge is located in SW.(9) the best hospital in Nigeria is located in the heart of SW. (10) the second best and most expensive estate is located in SW . ( highest numbers and best television stations in Nigeria is located in sw. (11) All head quarters of banking industry in Nigeria is located in SW. (12) 95% of goods consume in Nigeria is manufacturered in Sw. .( 13) 95% finished goods and raw materials coming into Nigeria through either airport , seaport or land border passed through SW. make I stop here. triberlism don kill us for Nigeria. to say the truth dey hurt us , most especially my brother of the other side. hatred no go make unna say the truth. if all dis i mentioned above are located in one region and you're still saying they are in third position then , I am short of words.
Most well structured pharmacies in Nigeria are owned by Yoruba... I am not talking about chemist work....I went to turkey and Dubai... Naa dis same Yoruba be black African wey dey control most of the activities there... Abeg no let any body deceive u here... Pls do ur research urself... 75% of black doctors for UK be Yoruba .. even for Dubai and Turkey... Abeg make una no compare ...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This by omobacyprus(m): 11:26am On Jan 02, 2022
SageOfChelsea:
So the replies I'm seeing from south west is road network. OP is showing you the building structures and how close they are to each other. South west is just known for propaganda and all of them in Lagos are from Lagos. You ask a Yoruba man where is from and he will say Lagos. Their various states are abandoned and neglected.
You last two sentence is not true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Osun: Gov Adeleke Declares Curfew In Irepodun, Orolu Lgas / How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee / Akintayo Folakemi And Ojo Viwanu Decamp To APC In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.