Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures (32786 Views)

Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) / Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing / Water Scarcity In Enugu: Long Queues Sighted In Most Parts Of The State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by wiseone28: 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2022
Tobichuks08:
Who is feeding u guys with this trash..
Where i stay in Enugu there is nothing like water scarcity..
Besides there is water on wheels..
Tankers who deliver water at ease..
Most of the comments on this thread will likely come from non Enugu residents
Are you Cambodia returnee?

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by RPG2020(m): 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2022
Curious345:
I AM IGBO FROM ANAMBRA . BUT I DARE SAY , ASIDE EBONYI AND ANAMBRA, all the other southeast governors are not even qualified to lead a ward not to talk of local government. Abia state is the worst state in Africa

and sorry to say this , I see every abia man as incompetent and foolish

Before you sell your birth certificate

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by ThatFairGuy1: 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2022
I just dey o. Same here.

Is this a new you grin
Asgard73:

How you dey?

Compliments
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Landmack: 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2022
Alba3:
It's a pity Enugu has just one dam in Ezeagu that poorly supplies government house and less than 1% of the city while a state like Ekiti has about ten dams.
But Enugu inhabitants who travel out of Enugu will never agree with u about the water scarcity issue that’s been carried by the media. They always claim to have water. So who is lying? Media or
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by franchasng: 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2022
Myexdisturbs:
Truth is that Enugu is one city I never enjoyed when I schooled there due to this same water scarcity,how exactly can one live a comfortable water life without water ? Impossible. Even places like Umuahia, Abakaliki seems to have water but no for Enugu
its as a result of excess deposit of coal that made it difficult to get clear water table when you try to sink a borehole water supply.

Sometimes after digging a borehole in Enugu, coal will cover it back.

It used to be an economic advantage some decades ago when coal was the world's crude oil of today, but with global quest for cleaner energy, coal became obsolete and got replaced by crude oil.

The same thing will happen to crude oil in decades to come when renewable energy gets to its peak point where it can be used to power heavy industrial machineries and more.

The water scarcity is mostly suffered by residents of rural communities.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Asgard73: 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
I just dey o. Same here.

Is this a new you grin

Noo..

Nairaland Na cruise .. let’s enjoy it. grin

Though some humans takes it too serious.
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Landmack: 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

I am Yoruba , stop talking rubbish

Lmao

This one with his identity crisis

8 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2022
I am always confused when a typical Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani call Igbos pigs...
I mean not being biased typical Igbos,men and women are more neat and well kept than Yorubas et all...
I used guess a tribe from the way they appear and 90% of the time I am right about the Igbos,the other time I am wrong its either Ijaws,Ibibio,Igalas or other smaller tribes...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by ThatFairGuy1: 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2022
Exactly.

Just as Someone like Mr canceller Asampetenwaanyi
Asgard73:

Noo..
Nairaland Na cruise .. let’s enjoy it. grin

Though some humans takes it too serious.

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by okeyglm: 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2022
Enugu will be better. Meanwhile, Enugu remain real estate capital of Nigeria.
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Amudeneogu: 8:43pm On Jan 02, 2022
I am suspecting sabotage, because even durring the millitary era water has been a great problem in Enugu. the last administration in the state did everthing his power to put water in the state but no avail only for the water vendors to start increasing their water fees
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Dottore: 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2022
Curious345:
I AM IGBO FROM ANAMBRA . BUT I DARE SAY , ASIDE EBONYI AND ANAMBRA, all the other southeast governors are not even qualified to lead a ward not to talk of local government. Abia state is the worst state in Africa

and sorry to say this , I see every abia man as incompetent and foolish
Enugu State Governor doubles as the worst in history of Enugu State as well as the worst everywhere. Abia State Governor is far better than Enugu Governor. At least Abia State Governor shares 500naira to mothers who gave birth at Government clinic. Enugu State Governor celebrates hosting a former commissioner and its a trending news.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 02, 2022
Yea, same ish every year.

Anybody/company who can provide water to the common man in enugu town will be swimming in billions yearly
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by KayCee92(m): 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2022
yanabasee:
The last time I experienced this was when I was young...

Back then, if NEPA takes light for a whole day, there will be no water around the community..... We will go far with buckets to fetch water....

But we have waterboard these days and some compounds with their pumps have generator to power their pumps when there is no NEPA...

So I don't get the gist here....

The problem is about the topography of the place. U can read up on why this has been a problem in Enugu from time. Ur answer may be found in the name of the state itself... Enu Ugwu. Don't mind the uninformed, unintelligent boy below commenting crap grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Amah70: 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2022
Owerriboi:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/enugu-residents-battle-water-scarcity-again-buy-sachet-water-for-bathing/%3famp

Igbo governors are building capital cities with flyovers, tumnels, stadium, airports, etc but with no public water supply system.
They watch people sink private waterboreholes.
Ptoject of public water supply is more expensive than others mentioned above.

A bunch of self-serving tricksters leading Igbo people.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by franchasng: 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2022
leicestercamper:

Water scarcity is worst in enugu capital, not their rural area
There are tankers that supply water from streets to streets. Some compounds also have borehole water though its not always clean due to the same excess coal deposit

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2022
post=109025175:

The Enugu State Government should do something about this now!
Water is Life.

Guys,
Be Nice.
Be Friendly.
Be a Good Nigerian.
Not all igbos are Igbos,
Be nice to us biko.

A better Nigeria all around is all we want.
God bless Nigeria.

YOU ARE FOOLING YOURSELF BECAUSE THE SMART ONES KNOW THAT YOU HAVE ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS WHICH YOU USE TO POST TRIBAL COMMENTS. YOU CAN ONLY FOOL YOURSELF CHEAP PAID AGENT!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by franchasng: 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2022
Amah70:

Igbo governors are building capital cities with flyovers, tumnels, stadium, airports, etc but with no public water supply system.
They watch people sink private waterboreholes.
Ptoject of public water supply is more expensive than others mentioned above.

A bunch of self-serving tricksters leading Igbo people.
Enugu water scarcity issue is beyond state government incompetence like the media is making you to believe. It has to do with excess coal deposit in Enugu state making it almost impossible to sink a borehole water supply system.

If not, almost every compound and community in Enugu will have their personal borehole water just as its applicable to almost all Nigerian states.

The major challenge there is coal deposits.
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by leicestercamper: 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2022
franchasng:
There are tankers that supply water from streets to streets. Some compounds also have borehole water though its not always clean due to the same excess coal deposit

There's nothing like borehole in enugu. Borehole doesn't work in enugu due to coal sediments that spoils the borehole after a while. The simple reality is that there's no portable drinking water in Enugu. Even bathing water is a challenge.
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
yanabasee:
The last time I experienced this was when I was young...

Back then, if NEPA takes light for a whole day, there will be no water around the community..... We will go far with buckets to fetch water....

But we have waterboard these days and some compounds with their pumps have generator to power their pumps when there is no NEPA...

So I don't get the gist here....
Enugu is mountainous, no matter how u dig you won't get water. You need fortified geological equipment to be get water on large scale. Individual borehole is a waste of time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Policeman Killed As Unknown Gunmen Attack Checkpoint In Nsukka (Video) / FG Sacks Usman Gur Mohamme As Managing Director Of TCN / Ondo Govt. Partners With MAX OKADA, Launches 'Sunshine Safe Bike' (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.