Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,378 members, 7,829,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures (32791 Views)

Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) / Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing / Water Scarcity In Enugu: Long Queues Sighted In Most Parts Of The State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by PaedophileProph: 10:37pm On Jan 02, 2022
What exactly is wrong with your brain , must you want to fight anyone you found online ?.
This shit am talking is giving me serious pain and I don't fucking enjoying paying bikes 200 just to go fetch 2 25litres in search of water across the estates .

Wiifesnatcher:

which ikorodu are u talking about ? Igbo with I won't go down alone mentality

funny creature

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by IamRandy: 10:39pm On Jan 02, 2022
Curious345:
I AM IGBO FROM ANAMBRA . BUT I DARE SAY , ASIDE EBONYI AND ANAMBRA, all the other southeast governors are not even qualified to lead a ward not to talk of local government. Abia state is the worst state in Africa

and sorry to say this , I see every abia man as incompetent and foolish

for your information, imo state voters are the most enlightened and dogged in Nigeria ,just like Kano voters . But the APC played them via the supreme court judgement than landed uzodinma in govt house.
Dont ever compare them to the Lazy lackeys coming from abia state . MATURED MEN WHO ALLOWED 3 TERROS RULE OVER THEM FOR 24YRS AND COULD NOT OFFER ANY FORM OF REVOLT . no be juju be that ?

You are very ENLIGHTENED about happenings in SE!
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by PaedophileProph: 10:39pm On Jan 02, 2022
helinues:

Please stay on Enugu without derailing.

Is this the first time water shortage are been reported in Enugu?

What's exactly with you people and whataboutism?

Fucking read my comment and see how serious this shit hurt me, or better still take your ratfink ass to the location I gave to make confirmation for yourself.

Mfucker

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by ComeToJesus: 10:49pm On Jan 02, 2022
Horrible!!!

Most of the Eastern states have no government presence..

Marginalisation from the federal coupled with harebrained 'govanors' is bane of that region.
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Gkemz: 10:52pm On Jan 02, 2022
This takes me back to more than a decade ago when as an undergraduate student in Enugu. By this time of those years we had severe water scarcity. Then 20 litres of water was sold for 50naira when in other places outside Enugu state it's sold for 5naira. Those years I had to trek for distance in search of clean water. On different occasions, I took a cab from Independence layout to Mkpokiti and to Asata and Njemanze and Owerri street in search of water. Though at initial, I avoided mkpokiti to prevent my coursemates from seeing me but as the water scarcity bites harder like Buhari bites Nigerian economy, nigga gots comot shame for face. As a sharp guy I deviced a means of reducing water I used. One of which was by pretending to be visiting my rich uncle who lived closeby just to use their toilet since using the toilet in my lodge entails emptying a 50 naira worth of water to get it flushed after usage, and while returning I often fetch water from his house.
From November every year till the first rain of the following year is usually difficult to stay in Enugu because of water scarcity.
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Handsum64: 10:57pm On Jan 02, 2022
Let them focus on Buhari and ignore their looting governors and local government officials

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Clinghton: 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2022
Next year is election you know what to do.
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by samflex(m): 12:20am On Jan 03, 2022
alphaNomega:
this is how we know you live in Southern Nigeria

Loooooool
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Grandmeister(m): 1:19am On Jan 03, 2022
OriOko88:
I don't get it. Can't the citizen drill boreholes for their use like we have here in southwest.
Almost every house here has boreholes in their compond,some even extend it outside for community use. Water no scarce for west like that. HV never seen where ppl buy water in osun state. Even in dry season people fetch from nearby wells with no issues from well owners. Our wells here hardly dry in dry seasons..and besides,there are boreholes everywhere.
There are more boreholes in my village in Abia state than the entire Enugu ( ok that’s an exaggeration lol). But the issue is that the water bed is way too far for the ordinary manual drillers to get to and coupled with a rocky topography. It is called Enugu (mountain top) for a reason. Those who have boreholes in their residential areas use industrial drillers but how many middle class residents can afford that? The government is a serious let down in tackling this issue.
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by heniford2: 2:30am On Jan 03, 2022
TMKsouth:
Heniford2 of Enugu, which way?
all this fake ass news
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by JIkaba(m): 2:40am On Jan 03, 2022
Sorry for my outburst. Governance in Abia is going from bad to worst, with Ikpeazu being the worst.
The peoples choice sometimes are circumvented my foisting a candidate on them. They're inexcusable though.
Curious345:
be good. I already apologised before I called them those names .

I didn't mean it . But am not happy with them .
Allowing three terrors RULE OVER them in 24 years.

orji uzor kalu
Theodor orji
Ikpeazu
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by penceman(m): 3:19am On Jan 03, 2022
As beautiful as Enugu state is water scarcity is its curse!
While I served there I saw first hand. I also see it as the real show of Igbo incompetence. All Igbo States are like abandoned property as the governor loot enmass.
You have brilliant Igbo's but a greedy man will be like Mobutu in any office.
the Igbo man must first develop Igbo land before talking about Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by leicestercamper: 4:10am On Jan 03, 2022
penceman:
While I served there I saw first hand. I also see it as the real show of Igbo incompetence. All Igbo States are like abandoned property as the governor loot enmass.

Can you compare your backward useless worthless shithole state to Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi, etc. Let's compare with pictures
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by ipobarethieves: 4:52am On Jan 03, 2022
grin there’s no water in some area/part of Enugu.Awgu local government ,even police station beside d secretariat nor get water grin
Tobichuks08:
Who is feeding u guys with this trash..
Where i stay in Enugu there is nothing like water scarcity..
Besides there is water on wheels..
Tankers who deliver water at ease..
Most of the comments on this thread will likely come from non Enugu residents
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:34am On Jan 03, 2022
Nwanchkwu have you taken your bath?
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Queenslander(f): 7:02am On Jan 03, 2022
penceman:

Like your region is developed,. Ode!!
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Wiifesnatcher(m): 9:00am On Jan 03, 2022
PaedophileProph:
What exactly is wrong with your brain , must you want to fight anyone you found online ?.
This shit am talking is giving me serious pain and I don't fucking enjoying paying bikes 200 just to go fetch 2 25litres in search of water across the estates .

which yeye estate? which part of ikorodu are u looking for water is what I'm asking you dumbbell

there is no street at ikorodu that you won't see houses with borehole or well except you're staying in the forest

which useless estate won't have water at ikorodu, donkey
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Carlylepneuma: 9:59am On Jan 03, 2022
Enugu sorry oo, i'm only saying this cause of ukamaka...
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Simplythebest: 11:40am On Jan 03, 2022
Same thing in lagos here at Irawo. People do buy water in tanks for us. Infact this December was so bad that people that use to sell water doesn't have water and every one have to carry their cars to buy and fetch water outside Irawo. 20 liters gerry can of water is being sold N100 at Irawo Tank of water now is cost N15, 500 (Fifteen thousand five hundred Naria only). Just that no one is bringing it out doesn't main that some part of Lagos is not suffering. Even wall water that is very dirty people manage and use it. The lagos state should assist Irawo people cus they are suffering. U will also see alot of water projects being abandoned. I have one beside my fence which i can snap and post if anyone try to doubt me.
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Ekpeitit(m): 11:46am On Jan 03, 2022
Tell them to use meth to bath, they don't need water.
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 03, 2022
wink2015:

This is a very intelligent question.

I hope the nairaland member who said drilling borehole is a complete waste of money and time because of coal and other mineral on the ground.

He should tell us where they source their clean water from to sell to the public.

Why can the government extend a gigantic pipe to get such water for public use

Most of their water comes from anambra state. That's where the tankers come to carry water for them to cook, eat, drink, bathe and flush.
Re: Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 03, 2022
OriOko88:

So where do those private water tankers source their water from since u said sinking boreholes is impossible and well water are dirty

Most of their water comes from anambra state. That's where the tankers come to carry water for them to cook, eat, drink, bathe and flush.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Files Lawsuit Against Simon Ekpa For Killings In The SE / My Prepaid Meter Is Showing "Call" / Minimum Wage: NLC Begins Nationwide Strike Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.