Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,925 members, 7,821,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? (1114 Views)

How Do I Make This Girl Stop Feeling Intimidated / Why Are Guys Intimidated By A Lady's Height? / Why Do Men Feel Intimidated When Their Woman Makes More Money Than Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by Ocholu: 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2022
I have observed this trait amongst many Nigerians. They be like "because him get money na why him one oppress person". They're always defensive when talking to a rich person.

If by mistake you make an unintentional utterance, they conclude that you're pompous and have ego problems. Like? Really?

I was talking with someone yesterday and the person ruled me out as someone with pride. The conversation was normal, and my sentences weren't harmful.
I see this kinda mentality a lot on social media. Sometimes, I just want to log out for a year.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ocholu:
I have observed this trait amongst many Nigerians. They be like "because him get money na why him one oppress person". They're always defensive when talking to a rich person.

If by mistake you make an unintentional utterance, they conclude that you're pompous and have ego problems. Like? Really?

I was talking with someone yesterday and the person ruled me out as someone with pride. The conversation was normal, and I my sentences weren't harmful.
I see this kinda mentality a lot on social media. Sometimes I just want to log out for a year.

If you can survive Nigerian netizens and still retain your civility, you are a candidate for excellent demeanor. I see it as a training field to master character and emotional stability,
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by cassidy1996(m): 8:44pm On Jan 02, 2022
lol
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by phenase(m): 8:46pm On Jan 02, 2022
sad If youre rich, it is to pocket. I will talk you just like talking to my age mate. That's who I am sad
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by Ocholu: 8:54pm On Jan 02, 2022
Saturn444:

If you can survive Nigerian netizens and still retain your civility, you are a candidate for excellent demeanor. I see it as a training field to master character and emotional stability,

Abi oh.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by Ocholu: 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2022
phenase:
sad If youre rich, it is to pocket. I will talk you just like talking to my age mate. That's who I am sad

You're a bricklayer right??
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by phenase(m): 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ocholu:

You're a bricklayer right??
I am an Elect/Elect Engineer

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by Oluromantic: 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2022
That's why only the rich are friends of the rich
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by Ocholu: 9:27pm On Jan 02, 2022
Oluromantic:
That's why only the rich are friends of the rich

Ah swear.. Another angle.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ocholu:

I was talking with someone yesterday and the person ruled me out as someone with pride. The conversation was normal, and my sentences weren't harmful.
I see this kinda mentality a lot on social media. Sometimes, I just want to log out for a year
You know what you did @bolded.. grin grin..
Are you sure your conversation was normal?you probably said something that made the person rule out that you were "pompous"

Maybe you wanted to suprise the person with something and the person politely declined then you spoke to the person in a harsh manner.. grin smiley wink
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by siofra(f): 9:42pm On Jan 02, 2022
You want to tell us that you're rich huh??

Nairaland is a breeding ground for all these narcissists angry
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by Ocholu: 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2022
FernandezReturn:

You know what you did @bolded.. grin grin..
Are you sure your conversation was normal?you probably said something that made the person rule out that you were "pompous"

Maybe you wanted to suprise the person with something and the person politely declined then you spoke to the person in a harsh manner.. grin smiley wink

Leave me alone. You've been stalking me.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by Ocholu: 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2022
siofra:
You want to tell us that you're rich huh??

Nairaland is a breeding ground for all these narcissists angry

Yes. I am unapologetically rich. You've got a problem with that ma'am??
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 02, 2022
No be lie op
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by siofra(f): 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ocholu:

Yes. I am unapologetically rich. You've got a problem with that ma'am??

You're a narcissist. You're sick. Get help undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by Ocholu: 9:56pm On Jan 02, 2022
siofra:

You're a narcissist. You're sick. Get help undecided

My doctor in Germany slightly disagrees with you. He said you should be brought for check up instead.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by Truvelisback(m): 10:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ocholu:

I see this kinda mentality a lot on social media. Sometimes, I just want to log out for a year.
The hardcore truth is that wealth/money make most ladies and guys to be proud and arrogant. Another thing is that, they could downgrade u.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 03, 2022
Ocholu:

My doctor in Germany slightly disagrees with you. He said you should be brought for check up instead.

Can you lend me 4000naira?

It's urgent.

I ain't kidding.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by helinues: 5:16am On Jan 03, 2022
Because some rich people are also oppressors

If you like get all the money in this world, I don't give a hoot cos no be you dey feed me all this while. Na inferiority complex dey make both misbehaved rich and poor people behave that way
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by SarutobiEky(m): 6:06am On Jan 03, 2022
Ocholu:

bro I sent you the mail you asked me to send, still you ghost me. E good like this?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Always Feel Intimidated Talking To A Rich Person? by Ocholu: 10:58am On Jan 03, 2022
SarutobiEky:
bro I sent you the mail you asked me to send, still you ghost me. E good like this?

I get a handful of PMs everyday from Nairaland. I'll reach out.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Advice On This Issue Here. / Pick What You Have Here / Which One Hot Pass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.