Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,170 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

OKOWA BE WISE:Okowa Must Support Ukwuani For Deputy Governor 2023 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OKOWA BE WISE:Okowa Must Support Ukwuani For Deputy Governor 2023 (2844 Views)

Niger Delta Youths In Ukwuani Shut Down Oil Facilities At Night (Video) / Re: Ijaw Diehard Quest For Delta Government House: Can Okowa Be Trusted? / Tinubu Opposes Wife’s Bid For Deputy Senate Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: OKOWA BE WISE:Okowa Must Support Ukwuani For Deputy Governor 2023 by Ekealterego: 9:42pm On Jan 10, 2022
darfay:

I think you're grossly misinformed, going by voting power the urhobo areas are superior to Anioma by a margin not including warri south which is outside of Delta central but still has an urhobo majority plus if it came to ethnic politics like you're insinuating the isoko people will easily vote for our urhobo brothers. That's over 50% of the state. I just think the uthobos are bad at politics

I agree that Urhobo got the advantage if we count the indigenous population of Delta alone. However, in the stats you showed on voter's registration, the areas with the population are urban centres of Warri, Sapele and Asaba. These are given and there is no one population that you can claim to have an overwhelming majority. I wouldn't count those ones.
However, I would places with an overwhelming number of indigenous population like Ethiope West for instance (for Urhobo) or Ndokwa East (Anioma).
Re: OKOWA BE WISE:Okowa Must Support Ukwuani For Deputy Governor 2023 by darfay: 10:33pm On Jan 10, 2022
Ekealterego:

I agree that Urhobo got the advantage if we count the indigenous population of Delta alone. However, in the stats you showed on voter's registration, the areas with the population are urban centres of Warri, Sapele and Asaba. These are given and there is no one population that you can claim to have an overwhelming majority. I wouldn't count those ones.
However, I would places with an overwhelming number of indigenous population like Ethiope West for instance (for Urhobo) or Ndokwa East (Anioma).

Urban areas of warri included uvwie, udu and you're saying urhobo don't have a visible majority there?
I think you're wasting my time
Re: OKOWA BE WISE:Okowa Must Support Ukwuani For Deputy Governor 2023 by isokomarine: 2:13pm On Jan 11, 2022
Ekealterego:

The two people with that capacity will be Urhobo and Delta Igbos.
forget propaganda no single ethnic group in delta state has up to 35% vote , talk more of 55 percent vote, so it's not possible

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My life is at risk'-Reno Omokri raise alarm over verbal attacks and ban petition / Financial Times Lagos Report - At Last, Some Balanced Coverage Of Nigeria / Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.