Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is (56400 Views)

Vote And Vote Wisely - Seun Okinbaloye Of Channels TV Speaks / "I Think You're Losing Your Brain": Galadima To Seun Okinbaloye (Video) / Seun Okinbaloye 'Poor Interview' With Malami Sparks Social Media Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by Misterone: 10:00pm On Jan 06, 2022
;
brandmix:
E no go better for Tinubu and APC that deceived Nigerians that buhari was the best thing since toast bread
grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:04pm On Jan 06, 2022
Misterone:
me and you know say na true talk me and mr President talk. people dey japa with LAPO money then na anchor borrowers scheme dem no go japa with. even nigerians borrow banks run aground. see banks like oceanic, intercontinental, skye bank, even of recent diamond bank. nigerians killed those bank. you don see debtor wen dey shine eyes dey carry creditor dey go court. dey use money wen him borrow from bank dey judge case with bank! na for Nigeria.
dat your talk of " pay exorbitant fees for power" na stupid talk. travel out of the country, then you will know if power is exorbitant in Nigeria or not.

I was in Bonny Local Government in Rivers State about three years ago. LNG Bonny runs a power project for the whole local government. The light is almost 24 hours. What was more shocking is how much they pay for bills there. They pay little to nothing.

So your claim of power and stupid talk is actually devoid of reality. These things can work if the government has the will to. However, the President can only think of farm.
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by Abdogood(m): 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2022
ENGINEERG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sHPZm2T7E0

Yesterday interview has been generating a lot of heat, but the one that got me thinking the most, is this economy question, where data are read and how Buhari answered it.
He didn't even believe the national data.
Its sad, Nigeria has a president who answer question like this.
Its a disgrace to us as the biggest black country.
Just see what he said afterwards- talking about farming, when statistical question is asked.

is Farming the solution to all problems?
In a saner climes, our president may not become a ward counsellor.

SEUN OKINBALOYE of Channels TV:
Mr President, Our DEBT RATIO in 2015 was about N12 TRILLION, NOW it's about N32 TRILLION.

INFLATION RATE was about 9% in 2015, Now, it's sitting at about $15%. UNEMPLOYMENT RATE was about 8.19%, but Now, it's about 33.2%.

EXCHANGE RATE was about N197 to a Dollar k, but NOW, it's Way OVER N400 Naira (Government-Regulated Rate).
So, Nigerians will Look • back Economically & Say - BEFORE you took office in 2015, most of these INDICES were FAIR, but NOW, the INDICES & FIGURES are NOT Friendly AT ALL.
PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI - Well, I am NOT sure How correct the Calculations are, but All I know is that We have to Allow People to get Access to the FARMS, We just have to go back to the FARMS.

Dsyfunctional bubu

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYYZF6SBLuu/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by baralatie(m): 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Not a priority. Strategic investment when lots of things are suffering. Do a needs assessment, come up with a development plan, and work with it.

Many of the states doing those flyovers are not as congested as Lagos. So why spend billions on flyovers when there are far more pressing issues like the terrible cost of living. Should that not be the first point before sinking billions into flyovers?
Lagos was not congested when it started building it's flyovers

The first laid down plan for a metroliner was conceived way back in the early 70s when Lagos was not congested.

The outer marina project was done when Lagos was created
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by McLizbae: 10:39pm On Jan 06, 2022
People that were already in the farm, doing very well before Buhari came with his evil herders and bandits, were are they now!? The ones that are still alive, are they not on the streets begging for food??

Baba stop degrading yourself by trying to defend this absolute failure. Even Buhari knows he is Nigerian nemesis. Everything has grossly gone down in terms of living standards. May God deliver Nigeria!
nrexzy:
Una dey make noise cos una see food chop baa
If everybody dey do white collar job abeg who go farm
Una dey under estimate d value of farming...
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by nrexzy: 10:44pm On Jan 06, 2022
McLizbae:
People that were already in the farm, doing very well before Buhari came with his evil herders and bandits, were are they now!? The ones that are still alive, are they not on the streets begging for food??

Baba stop degrading yourself by trying to defend this absolute failure. Even Buhari knows he is Nigerian nemesis. Everything has grossly gone down in terms of living standards. May God deliver Nigeria!

Sweetdreams bro

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by eteba(m): 4:39am On Jan 07, 2022
If Buhari's father had used a c0nd0m that year, we wouldn't be where we are today as a country.
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by UncleKoboko: 6:29am On Jan 07, 2022
nrexzy:

Bros our reasoning no fit be same oo...
We. Be brother by country.. As u dey suffer na so i dey suffer too... As u dey do dorime na so i dey do too...
So no allow politicians make us enemies oo...
Don't support evil
Always call a spade a spade

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by ENGINEERG(m): 7:11am On Jan 07, 2022
And sadly, same set of people are warming up again
Misterone:
; grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by Techguy96(m): 7:53am On Jan 07, 2022
nrexzy:
Una dey make noise cos una see food chop baa
If everybody dey do white collar job abeg who go farm
Una dey under estimate d value of farming...
Ogbeni farming cannot make any country progress in this world. There's a difference between farming and agriculture.

Less than 1 percent of Americans is into agriculture, yet they can feed the entire Nigeria.

You guys think digging ground with hoe and putting seed inside is what will take Nigeria economy forward, stupid lots.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by Techguy96(m): 7:57am On Jan 07, 2022
nrexzy:

Govt dont create wealth ooo na citizens job b dat.
govt only help with policy, security, protection....

Look @ china na dia govt make them billionaires today
See how foolish you are, if government doesn't create the enabling environment, how does the citizens create the wealth.

Ordinary electricity Nigeria govt cannot provide yet they want citizens to create wealth, na magic?
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by Techguy96(m): 7:59am On Jan 07, 2022
nrexzy:

Bros no vex... Abeg our problem for nigeria start 2015
Abi u expect say person go come fix our problems in 8yrs

Election don reach naa una go still collect small money run go vote person wey no get una interest then come online dey rant....
Even if the problem did not start in 2015, is buhari supposed to make things worst or better than he met it in 2015?

Abeg stop defending rubbish because of 30k.
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by Kfed4ril(m): 8:51am On Jan 07, 2022
nrexzy:

Govt dont create wealth ooo na citizens job b dat.
govt only help with policy, security, protection....

Look @ china na dia govt make them billionaires today

So which of these 3 has GMB government don for the citizens?
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by Kfed4ril(m): 8:55am On Jan 07, 2022
nrexzy:

Bros no vex... Abeg our problem for nigeria start 2015
Abi u expect say person go come fix our problems in 8yrs

Election don reach naa una go still collect small money run go vote person wey no get una interest then come online dey rant....

I’m happy you’re saying this, so if truly you knew it couldn’t be fixed in 8 years, why then did you campaigned and promised to fix it?
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by nrexzy: 9:25am On Jan 07, 2022
Kfed4ril:

I’m happy you’re saying this, so if truly you knew it couldn’t be fixed in 8 years, why then did you campaigned and promised to fix it?
Bros i no campaign oo....
Na hustle i dey
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by Misterone: 9:25am On Jan 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I was in Bonny Local Government in Rivers State about three years ago. LNG Bonny runs a power project for the whole local government. The light is almost 24 hours. What was more shocking is how much they pay for bills there. They pay little to nothing.

So your claim of power and stupid talk is actually devoid of reality. These things can work if the government has the will to. However, the President can only think of farm.
like I said earlier, it is stupid talk. I am from the SS and I know what's obtainable. most of these IOCs give their operational communities free power, water, scholarships, job slots and even healthcare. does that mean these commodities should be cheap across Nigeria. mind you, the government still end up paying for it cause these IOCs deduct it as part of operational cost before remitting the balance for sharing. this is part of the reason why the cost of producing a barrel of oil in Nigeria is among the highest around the world.
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by nrexzy: 9:25am On Jan 07, 2022
Kfed4ril:

So which of these 3 has GMB government don for the citizens?

Agric loan wey people collect em take am japa
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by nrexzy: 9:27am On Jan 07, 2022
Techguy96:

Even if the problem did not start in 2015, is buhari supposed to make things worst or better than he met it in 2015?

Abeg stop defending rubbish because of 30k.

Him say him don do him best...
Instead of u to dey wail, simply be a solution to the problem....

Abeg wetin d 30k be for no vex ooo
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by nrexzy: 9:28am On Jan 07, 2022
Techguy96:

See how foolish you are, if government doesn't create the enabling environment, how does the citizens create the wealth.

Ordinary electricity Nigeria govt cannot provide yet they want citizens to create wealth, na magic?

So na president alone be govt for ur mind abi...
U too wise to dey sound like this ooo
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:30am On Jan 07, 2022
Misterone:
like I said earlier, it is stupid talk. I am from the SS and I know what's obtainable. most of these IOCs give their operational communities free power, water, scholarships, job slots and even healthcare. does that mean these commodities should be cheap across Nigeria. mind you, the government still end up paying for it cause these IOCs deduct it as part of operational cost before remitting the balance for sharing. this is part of the reason why the cost of producing a barrel of oil in Nigeria is among the highest around the world.

Why should it not be cheap? It is only good in the fat accounts of Politicians? It is only good for massive looting? The money is not good for improving the lives of Nigerians.

Does it add up to you? Saying stupid talks does not make sense.

8 BENEFITS OF SAUDI CITIZENSHIP

Indefinite stay in the land of Makkah and Madina.
Purchase a piece of land in Makkah and Madina.
Job Opportunities.
Ease of starting a Business.
Easy access to many countries around the world.
Retirement Benefits.
No Dependent fee for or any other fee.
Free Education and Medical.

Here you are trying to sell to yourself that it is wrong to make things easier for the citizens.

The government has failed woefully and investment in irrelevant structures like unnecessary flyovers is not development but wastage to siphon money.

Sorry, you can not defend poor governance.
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by nrexzy: 9:32am On Jan 07, 2022
Techguy96:

Ogbeni farming cannot make any country progress in this world. There's a difference between farming and agriculture.

Less than 1 percent of Americans is into agriculture, yet they can feed the entire Nigeria.

You guys think digging ground with hoe and putting seed inside is what will take Nigeria economy forward, stupid lots.

Chaiii my brother before em discover oil abeg wetin bin dey sustain us?

Bros if food no dey important abeg wetin mame God use famine punish egypt dat year
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by tope777(m): 9:33am On Jan 07, 2022
I'm very happy for the question.
Finally our journalist getting ball.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by nrexzy: 9:34am On Jan 07, 2022
UncleKoboko:

Don't support evil
Always call a spade a spade

Bros i no dey support group...
I dey talk no b too dey complain er day of same thing.... When u identify problem u find solution....

For our world na debugging em dey call am...
No be to get error begin find who write good or bad code...
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:35am On Jan 07, 2022
Misterone:

PROS OF BEING A SINGAPORE CITIZEN

Access to public housing as well as related subsidies
Social security savings via the CPF
Access to employment opportunities without need of a work visa
Subsidized education fees
Access to healthcare at subsidized rates
Family leave benefits
Parenthood incentives

Government should invest in the livelihood of the people and the growth of local businesses. Not wasting a fortune on nonsense just to siphon money. Then give fake excuses.
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by Misterone: 9:45am On Jan 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Why should it not be cheap? It is only good in the fat accounts of Politicians? It is only good for massive looting? The money is not good for improving the lives of Nigerians.

Does it add up to you? Saying stupid talks does not make sense.

8 BENEFITS OF SAUDI CITIZENSHIP

Indefinite stay in the land of Makkah and Madina.
Purchase a piece of land in Makkah and Madina.
Job Opportunities.
Ease of starting a Business.
Easy access to many countries around the world.
Retirement Benefits.
No Dependent fee for or any other fee.
Free Education and Medical.

Here you are trying to sell to yourself that it is wrong to make things easier for the citizens.

The government has failed woefully and investment in irrelevant structures like unnecessary flyovers is not development but wastage to siphon money.

Sorry, you can not defend poor governance.
you are now comparing Nigeria and Saudi Arabia! look if not for oil, Saudi Arabia would be in the doldrums. A country is as rich as what the citizens can produce not what government can give out. the government (especially this one) has tried variously to encourage the citizens to buy Nigeria and eat Nigeria. people like you will say made in Nigeria is sub-standard. so how do we grow.
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:51am On Jan 07, 2022
Misterone:
you are now comparing Nigeria and Saudi Arabia! look if not for oil, Saudi Arabia would be in the doldrums. A country is as rich as what the citizens can produce not what government can give out. the government (especially this one) has tried variously to encourage the citizens to buy Nigeria and eat Nigeria. people like you will say made in Nigeria is sub-standard. so how do we grow.

How will Nigeria produce when the government has refused to educate its people, refused to make lives easier for them. Refused to encourage small businesses.

The only thing Politicians do is siphon billions of dollars and then tell Nigerians not to expect help from the government.

Even public materials donated for covid-19 support gets looted. As in rice for people donated. Money donated by companies swallowed by governors.

Made in Nigeria goods will not grow on trees if the government siphon's resources meant for the growth of the country.

The country cannot grow if you do not invest in the people. Nigeria is a poverty capital because the government does not invest in the people.

It is an investment, not a waste. When you invest in the people, they grow and the country grows.

Wasting money on flyovers is not an investment in the people.

HE THAT BUILDS THE CITY WITHOUT FIRST BUILDING THE MAN BUILDS THE CITY IN VANE...TONYE COLE.
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by Soso990240(m): 9:56am On Jan 07, 2022
nrexzy:

He is a politician and all politicians are the same make promises....

Ur papa or uncle wey bin dey tell u when u small if u come first i would buy u a bicycle, how many him buy...??
Wow.. defending the lies an aspirant told while aspiring for a public position. wow... comparing it to the promises ur uncles made to you says alot about your mindset. For your information, as a public office holder, if you tell lies in office and it was discovered, you loose that office or you resign. Ok, just go for a job interview and lie about your ability, then dont live up to that.. you wont last a day in that organization. Please, dont quote me if you are hell bent on defending these greedy and corrupt politicians.
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by Misterone: 10:01am On Jan 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

PROS OF BEING A SINGAPORE CITIZEN

Access to public housing as well as related subsidies
Social security savings via the CPF
Access to employment opportunities without need of a work visa
Subsidized education fees
Access to healthcare at subsidized rates
Family leave benefits
Parenthood incentives

Government should invest in the livelihood of the people and the growth of local businesses. Not wasting a fortune on nonsense just to siphon money. Then give fake excuses.
stop comparing other countries to nigeria. you say you want the country to succeed, then stop it. if you want to solve a challenge, you don't look at others. you look at yourself and what you have. Nigeria is not the same with Saudi Arabia or Singapore. what works from mr A may not work for mr B. Nigeria Is a diverse country with over 250 nations in it. everyone needs to be carried along before decisions are taken or else,no matter how good the decision or policy is, it will not work. even to tar a 1km road in a community no be joke.
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:06am On Jan 07, 2022
Misterone:
stop comparing other countries to nigeria. you say you want the country to succeed, then stop it. if you want to solve a challenge, you don't look at others. you look at yourself and what you have. Nigeria is not the same with Saudi Arabia or Singapore. what works from mr A may not work for mr B. Nigeria Is a diverse country with over 250 nations in it. everyone needs to be carried along before decisions are taken or else,no matter how good the decision or policy is, it will not work. even to tar a 1km road in a community no be joke.

How is tarring a community road difficult? The problem comes with corrupt ones in offices. You give a contract, release 20% of the money and sit on the money for a year. Then release another 20%, then forget it. That is what makes it difficult.

Put the money in a bank and get approval for each tranche of release after accomplishing each milestone. These things are not rocket science.

The truth is that Nigeria does not invest in the people, simple. Flyovers should come after total investment in the people.
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by ShenTeh(m): 10:08am On Jan 07, 2022
nrexzy:

Advance economy u say... Have u actually understood how those country economy works or u just follow what u see on social media

The issue we have is that we were so bent on oil alone we forgot to develop and strengthen other sectors of our economy....
Its just too sad to know we technically import almost everything even palmoil

It is industrialization, not agriculture, you may say. Doesn't discredit what the person you quoted said.
Re: Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is by nrexzy: 10:16am On Jan 07, 2022
ShenTeh:

It is industrialization, not agriculture, you may say. Doesn't discredit what the person you quoted said.

Industrialization without food is total waste... Fix the food production sector first, then other things can follow

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments / PDP Speaks On Fayose Dumping Party / Abisola Ajimobi Kola-Daisi: I Place Napkin On My Husband's Lap & Watch Him Eat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.