Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira (46000 Views)

The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) / When Last Did You Use Your Money To Buy Peak Milk? / Families Win N180k Cash, Supplies Of Peak Chocolate In Family Contest 2.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Biafraaa: 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2022
OP is like you haven't bought Sadine yet. undecided

1 Like

Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by otosa(m): 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2022
Theunbothered:

For the past 22 years we have been asking how we got here.

Maybe we should stop recycling trash politicians with nothing to offer.
I really like your suggestion but the problem is that how many of us belong to any political parties? instead, we form an association of online political where we vote and select our own President and governors but unfortunately it could not change anything because it's not recognized by the Constitution. If we want a change let's go and join a political party.
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by stagger: 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2022
Redman44:
Knowledge is Power. Use local alternative milk sources. Get dried cocoa beans and make your own 'my Vita chocolate drink ' smiley smiley. Plant based Milk can be gotten from Cowpea etc.

Animal proteins have high biological value. An egg can provide a child's protein need in a day. Milk is there for the calcium.
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by FRANKOSKI(m): 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2022
I bought milk 2500 & milo 1800 at ENUGWU UKWU MARKET.... price of commodities no be here ooo
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by l0uie(m): 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2022
guobe:
I feel pity for people having kids in Nigeria,how will they cope,baby's food,pampers have all skyrocketed.with this you will no longer see a fresh baby in Nigeria as babies need milk to look fresh.it is so disenchanting.

The present predicament that we find ourselves in is quite pathetic and senseless but when you get to think about how senseless this is, it actually makes sense when it comes to the aspect of child birth.

At least now, married couple who no get any respect for child spacing or family planning go dey observe am now. Nonsense!
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Mrkumareze(m): 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2022
If I can find it difficult to cope with certain things despite my pocket, I wonder how salary earner survives ... The country has gone worst under this regime...

2 Likes

Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Bishop(m): 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2022
guobe:
Babies and kids need alot of milk to grow,are they trying to say people should stop giving birth in Nigeria.I am seriously perplexed,please how did we get here.I tire.

Buhari grew up healthy with fura dey nunu.., let's ask him for the magic.... Ohh my. I pity the poor kids
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by DONFASZY(m): 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2022
guobe:
I don't really know where this country is heading to,just yesterday I bought a tin of peak milk and milo for 4700 naira, small can for that matter. I can't figure out how the less privileged are surviving in this country. God help us.

Are u jus waking up

Three crown refill is nw 1600 bfor 600
Diapers size 5 now 6500 bfor 4000
Semolina now 5500 bfor 3500

5litre of local groundnut oil is now 5500 bfor 2500

2022 to 2023 is wat d wicked will call finishing d mission and killing Nigerians in hunger and others
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by baratech: 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2022
guobe:
I don't really know where this country is heading to,just yesterday I bought a tin of peak milk and milo for 4700 naira, small can for that matter. I can't figure out how the less privileged are surviving in this country. God help us.

Shhhh.... Sanwo Olu said we should stop talking bad about Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2022
The reason why Milo and peak are so expensive is the same reason why one loaf of bread went up from 50 kobo in 1978 to N50 to 100 naira or 5000 to 10000kobo in 1996

12 years ago oil was higher and we had enough dollars to buffer the naira. Now oil has been low and thus prices go up.

Many Nigerians have forgotten the lessons of the first oil boom. Buhari included as well as Gej and all of them.
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by ogododo: 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2022
guobe:
Bubu never start, una go buy bread for one thousand like Zimbabwe.

1 Like

Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Jaqenhghar: 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2022
Slynation:

The cost of living now is so high...The market now is if you don't have money, just enter your house, E tire me when I realized 30K can only get me 2 pair of jeans and one top...!!
You are a big boy O. Your mates are wearing leaves.
That reminds me sef. All those guys who hunt bushmeat and post on thos forum, this will be a good time to preserve the animal skin and use it for clothing onstead of eating it
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by nedekid: 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2022
Ayemileto:

Lol. Even if you can afford to train a baby now, there's no guarantee you can afford it in the next 5 years - because of the ridiculous rate of inflation.

500k of today is less than 200k of 2015. So, someone earning 200k as at 2015 is earning much more than someone earning 500k now.

And guess what? Most people earning 200k as at 2015 can't boast of earning 500k now. Many (especially salary earners) are still stuck at that figure they earn then - which means they have lost over 50% of their purchasing power between 2015 and now.

So, realistically, there's nothing like giving birth to babies you can afford to train here in Nigeria. Because, even if you can afford it now, you have zero guarantees of tomorrow since you can't predict government's policies. Neither can you predict what the economy will look like. shocked
A line of business I do, I used to charge 60k (before the recessionist came) , which gave me on average $400+, that same business with the same machinery, I charge 100k now and it gives me about $175! shocked
No be juju be that?

Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by ogododo: 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2022
backbencher:
The reason why Milo and peak are so expensive is the same reason why one loaf of bread went up from 50 kobo in 1978 to N50 to 100 naira or 5000 to 10000kobo in 1996

12 years ago oil was higher and we had enough dollars to buffer the naira. Now oil has been low and thus prices go up.

Many Nigerians have forgotten the lessons of the first oil boom. Buhari included as well as Gej and all of them.
Dem swear for una?

1 Like

Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Kosoco(m): 4:07pm On Jan 10, 2022
Not even upto 10$ and youvare complaining.... things have changed globally not only in Nigeria bro
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Jaqenhghar: 4:07pm On Jan 10, 2022
baratech:

Shhhh.... Sanwo Olu said we should stop talking bad about Nigeria grin
Exactly grin
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Digmygold: 4:07pm On Jan 10, 2022
guobe:
Babies and kids need alot of milk to grow,are they trying to say people should stop giving birth in Nigeria.I am seriously perplexed,please how did we get here.I tire.

Buhari came to destroy our hitherto stable economy. May God judge him.

1 Like

Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Elsueno: 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2022
Senomi:

Jesus christ! So how much then will those giant tins be? 20k maybe? Omo

early 2019, the giant one was about 5k I think, bought a some last December I paid almost 23k for 2. I usually shop in bulk, so I feel this inflation very very well..
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Slynation(m): 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2022
Jaqenhghar:

You are a big boy O. Your mates are wearing leaves.
That reminds me sef. All those guys who hunt bushmeat and post on thos forum, this will be a good time to preserve the animal skin and use it for clothing onstead of eating it
Na who buy am be big boy naw grin Me, I can't encourage nonsense grin
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Ayemileto(m): 4:12pm On Jan 10, 2022
nedekid:

A line of business I do, I used to charge 60k (before the recessionist came) , which gave me on average $400+, that same business with the same machinery, I charge 100k now and it gives me about $175! shocked
No be juju be that?

No be juju bro. Na Buhari Economy. grin

1 Like

Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Dfr0: 4:13pm On Jan 10, 2022
Really
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Thryphosa(m): 4:14pm On Jan 10, 2022
My brother e tire me, my kids like tea like anything, milk and Milo na must o. May God help us in Naija.
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Emperorlanky: 4:14pm On Jan 10, 2022
heniford2:
All for 2023 undecided hope everyone is aware that ApC took us into worst level of poverty, hardship, backwardness insecurity and lies, disobidence of judiciary, economy collapsing are you guys aware 2023 is coming let's be wise our vote our power Never again vote APC again Guys think a cup of Rice that was sold for 50naira is 150naira local that's 200% increase we are waiting for what APC will use for campaign is either another party or nothing Nigerians never APC again Never!!!!

This was the narrative in 2015, now see the replacement y'all got. What makes you think the next person will not be worse? If you understand the statement about human government at Luke 4:6, then you won't expect much from them. The permanent solution is at Daniel 2:44

2 Likes

Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Bigchristo: 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2022
guobe:
When people blame government for the rise of goods and commodities in the market some smelling mouth guoro chewing abokis and BMC will crawl out of their holes and start defending the government, all these pries are rising due to exchange rates and high cost of clearing goods in the port, 98% of what we consume is based on importation first dollar rates affects the price while clearing fees affects the goods even cost of transportation, the whole effects of this boils down to the consumers, which is you and I if you like come and quote me that milo and peak are made in Nigeria whatever affects foreign goods affects our locally produced ones.
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Internet22: 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2022
We the less previlege avoid taking them, that's one of the ways we survive grin
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by ajericho(m): 4:19pm On Jan 10, 2022
jericco1:
And so?

Don't make a big deal out of it

Prosperity won't come your way
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by BigYash: 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
Na vaccine dey dey force give people.. Economy no concern them.. Useless Apshit
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by nedekid: 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
backbencher:

don't let anybody deceive you using oil price as excuse.
How much was the highest oil price during Obasanjo time? How much was the oil price that he paid off our debt? Buhari will spew lies that "for 16 years oil was over $120", as if we are alamajeris or his cows without sense.
Anyway, long short of it all, is that buhari complained of low oil price due to world economic recession and covid for fall of the naira. Ok, for the past year, oil has rebounded to averagely $70 and now $80 per barrel, why has naira not appreciated?
I put it to you that if oil price rises to $1000, per barrel they will still give excuses why naira should be 2k per dollar, sighting all excuses eg, we don't produce, we import, fuel subsidy and all crap.
"A farmer that does not know farming blames his tools"

4 Likes

Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
ogododo:

Dem swear for una?

Thanks for the usual abuse

Suggest you read about dutch disease.Once you do so you will get what I am saying and why it is an attack on the goverment

Good evening and God prosper you
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by ogododo: 4:21pm On Jan 10, 2022
backbencher:

Thanks for the usual abuse

Suggest you read about dutch disease.Once you do so you will get what I am saying and why it is an attack on the goverment

Good evening and God prosper you
U be oluomo pikin? Bubu time na de worst, not sector dey breathe again.
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by heniford2: 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2022
Emperorlanky:

This was the narrative in 2015, now see the replacement y'all got. What makes you think the next person will not be worse? If you understand the statement about human government at Luke 4:6, then you won't expect much from them. The permanent solution is at Daniel 2:44
APC has nothing to offer nothing i said it during 2014 and even 2018 nothing to offer so we better push them off imagine APC fronting Tiniube for president and someone like bello grin what do you expect better or worst what will this guys do
Re: Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira by Unigrad: 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2022
guobe:
This is what #2200 can buy before Buhari came to power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Many / See The Diced Tomatoes And Fresh Pepper I Bought #200 And how I prepared it. / What's The English Name Of This Fruit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.