Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month (27160 Views)

Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) / Nnamdi Azikiwe Int’l Airport Records 3.36m Passengers In 9 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by Landmack: 6:55pm On Jan 09, 2022
michlins:
[s]you should be the person who should calm down. I live in Anambra myself and the numbers above are ridiculous. I know sales people earning 15,000 monthly in Nkwo Nnewi.

You should be easy with the lies please[/s]
You live in a village in Delta doesn’t mean u live in Anambra.

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by Orangedreams: 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2022
Truth be told, the Igbos have what it takes to run as a nation and develop well and compete with some great and emerging nations. Those guys are something else when it comes to development. Kudos to them.

See my siggy for properties.

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by Maobichek: 6:59pm On Jan 09, 2022
Speaktruth88:
But FG is not doing anything in Igbo land. So na spirit airport and passengers be this.

Anambra airport is 100% Anambra state government project, please ask questions okay.

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by leicestercamper: 7:01pm On Jan 09, 2022
Envious bitter frustrated fellow, face your backward useless worthless shithole state.

Anambra international airport is the best in igboland and Nigeria at large aside Abuja and Lagos international airports. If that pains you then hit your head on a hard surface.

Who asked you to come to APGA,? APGA is for Anambra because Anambra is a special state, we don't want you miscreants in it.

Anambra international airport is the single largest and best infrastructures in igboland since 1999. So get out. Anambra is a superior state.
okwadatigbogal:
Anambra people and creating bad blood wherever they go. Just look at the comments and understand why there will never be unity in igboland. Because of airport, some people are behaving like bush fowls and insulting everyone. Someone has even bragged that it's the best airport after Lagos and Abuja.. what a joke. They are the only set of people who brag about foolish things, something others have achieved and moved on quietly.
In the end, na una go still use your airport by yourself. This is the same attitude they brought to APGA. APGA could have become a party for the southeast just like APC in Southwest, but no other state wants to be associated with their gragra and mess. Insulting everyone and bragging like illiterates. If truly you travel by air, you should know that practically ALL flights were fully booked to the southeast including portharcourt and Asaba. it is christmas, people are coming back. It is not particular to the anambra airport

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by Sheriman(m): 7:01pm On Jan 09, 2022
We don't need only Airports we need good Roads good hospitals good technology hub centres and few skyscrapers just for a start.

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by hedonido: 7:05pm On Jan 09, 2022
specialmati:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked nawa for you so why must anambra of all people visit other state to take their flight. Thanks to obiano jarri.anambra suppose get everything not only airport i for like them get seaport too if its achievable

When even dead, desert-states like Gombe have airports. Even brown-roof economy cities like Akure and Ibadan have functioning airports. Lol.

So Anambra with all its uncountable millionaires, and its super wide middle class (arguably the widest of any Nigerian state) littered across Nigeria who have reason to travel to their home state from time to time... A state that can clearly sustain an airport better than many states with existing airports? So such a state would now have to explain to inferior idiots why it needs an airport? I just tire.

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by thatigboman1: 7:05pm On Jan 09, 2022
myright:
is Finland, Iceland, Vatican city bigger than Anambra? Yet they all have airports
Vatican city doesnt have an airport.
Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by leicestercamper: 7:06pm On Jan 09, 2022
Anambra international airport was built for airbus and largest aircrafts in the world including A380. The airport has the longest runway in Nigeria aside MMIA. Anambra international airport is a worldclass facility

HacheNoire:
Until an A380 lands in that airport, it will still be regarded as a motor park

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by lastchild: 7:08pm On Jan 09, 2022
Good one..onitsha is a business hub, The airport will do wonders. it'll be a busy one

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by leicestercamper: 7:09pm On Jan 09, 2022
Anambra people are more exposed and educated than the bush men that filled your backward useless worthless shithole state

chemgee:

Lack of exposure my friend, it's worse on Twitter & Facebook.. talking about how Asaba airport will turn to garage & how Enugu own will become comatose the moment their own kicks off, & how Lagos airports will loose over half of their traffic the moment Anambra airport begins international flights... These are grown ass men talking.

Even if you want celebrate yourself, can't you do it without talking down on others? Or dropping fake statistics?

Very funny lots.

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by Bamzyriches451: 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2022
Dem get men wey get doings

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by leicestercamper: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2022
You are an envious bitter frustrated fellow. Anambra international airport is the busiest in Nigeria aside Abuja and MMIA. Face your backward state. Anambra international airport is the international gateway to the Eastern Nigeria

michlins:
you should be the person who should calm down. I live in Anambra myself and the numbers above are ridiculous. I know sales people earning 15,000 monthly in Nkwo Nnewi.
You should be easy with the lies please

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by CaptainAyub: 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2022
MelesZenawi:

There was never a time awka to Enugu was less than I hour. Awka to Enugu is approximately 2 hrs if not more.

Anambra to Imo is over 2 hrs and not even to the airport that is another one hour journey.

Meanwhile look at the way you are partitioning the state and allotting to other states...what nonsense. In essence Ndi anambra must enter their state through another state....Anya adiro ghu mma.

Let Enugu people land in Enugu airport
Let Imo people land in Owerri airport and let anambra people land in anambra airport. Stop splitting the state to others.

The airport is unnecessary but the one is Enugu and Imo is necessary. All these foreign invaders sef.
Oga,Awka to Enugu is 70km,that fed express used to be good you know,and of course its double lane.
So,yes,Awka to Enugu was 1hr or less

Modified.
Didn't know I was talking to a bini man.
Didn't even see who posted b4 I replied.
Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by DOTian: 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2022
MelesZenawi:

It is Enugu state that needs pipe born water not anambra state.

Since last year there is water scarcity in Enugu but you are not concerned about issues in your state but more fixated on anambra economic lights.

Are there no bad roads in Enugu even worst of it?

Ate there roads in Imo?

Are there no bads roads in Asaba? So what's your point exactly because your are pointless.

Even Anambra still has a better state road network.

Enugu state needs your advice more. Give it to them.

Anambra airport is of great economic benefit to the state.

Ana ekwugheri nnòò to as usual..
Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by BoBiafra(m): 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2022
Think about the economic wealth; Nigeria could have earned ;by constructing a railway line ;from Onitsha commercial city; to Lagos another commercial city .;Rather they are building a railway line from Kano to Maradi -Niger republic.It is a known maxim that charity begins at home. So, if we have not been able to solve our local needs and provide for our people to have infrastructure within the country, it does not make economic sense to also extend it to other countries. In my view, I condemn it. I think it is a wastage of funds to borrow to service the interest of another country. When you borrow, you borrow in the interest of your country, and I don’t think this is in the best interest of the country.
Hatred;ethnic bigots ;The reason why Nigeria will remain; the poverty capital of the world;
We borrow money for consumption;other nations borrow money to invest; in her people; giving small business loans to-Tailor's,mechanics,local furniture makers,farmers,;creative innovators;scholarships for students,doctors,nurses,pharmacist,engineering, etc;building avenues for the future ;and a better taxpayers; for repayment of loans.
Think Economy not a Caliphate.

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by caracas: 7:16pm On Jan 09, 2022
michlins:
I always felt it is unnecessary. Awka to Enugu is less than an hour albeit the bad roads. So if efforts are made to fix the roads,flights will be landing in Enugu for Anambra North and central. Then Anambra South will be using Owerri airport.

Say you land in this Anambra airport, the terrible state of Anambra State roads will ensure you spend hours moving from Onitsha to Ekwulọbịa
Pls keep quiet
Who asked you for analysis...

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by fuckyouropinion: 7:16pm On Jan 09, 2022
leicestercamper:
You are an envious bitter frustrated fellow. Anambra international airport is the busiest in Nigeria aside Abuja and MMIA. Face your backward state. Anambra international airport is the international gateway to the Eastern Nigeria

na nnewi that guy dey live. you will be shocked at his comment. useful idiots full everywhere

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by VanuatuWycombe: 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2022
michlins:
using the airports in Enugu, Asaba and Imo states is an economic decision. Anambra can use the funds to put in place do many other needed infrastructure and keep growing the state GDP. Obviously you guys are looking at it from "bragging rights" angle and not sound economy decision.

That's why many fail in business. Take advantage of opportunities presented by others and grow.

Anambra needs pipe born water system,many of the roads need repairs. I can list tons of areas the funds will be invested in and it will benefit not just the rich but every single person in Anambra

Apologies, my brother. Who will invest what? grin. Government would make money from the airport, if they manage it well but don’t be surprised they won’t utilize the fund well.
We would all be shocked when they concession it after 5 years to a company indirectly owned by the government who built the airport. Na their parting gift be that o. The airport is not for Anambra people. No state can run and maintain airport successfully in Nigeria. I am sorry, if I sound too blunt. A lot goes into managing airport than fine terminal building and brand new runway.
Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by NwokoloOwa: 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2022
MelesZenawi:

There was never a time awka to Enugu was less than I hour. Awka to Enugu is approximately 2 hrs if not more.

Anambra to Imo is over 2 hrs and not even to the airport that is another one hour journey.

Meanwhile look at the way you are partitioning the state and allotting to other states...what nonsense. In essence Ndi anambra must enter their state through another state....Anya adiro ghu mma.

Let Enugu people land in Enugu airport
Let Imo people land in Owerri airport and let anambra people land in anambra airport. Stop splitting the state to others.

The airport is unnecessary but the one is Enugu and Imo is necessary. All these foreign invaders sef.

Awka to Enugu is about 68km by road. Used to take 45 mins or less when the expressway was in good condition. I did that severally when I was running an MSc program in Nnamdi Azikiwe Uni in the early 2000s.
Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by LZAA: 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2022
Helinues wee not like this news
Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by specialmati(m): 7:21pm On Jan 09, 2022
hedonido:

When even dead, desert-states like Gombe have airports. Even brown-roof economy cities like Akure and Ibadan have functioning airports. Lol.

So Anambra with all its uncountable millionaires, and its super wide middle class (arguably the widest of any Nigerian state) littered across Nigeria who have reason to travel to their home state from time to time... A state that can clearly sustain an airport better than many states with existing airports? So such a state would now have to explain to inferior idiots why it needs an airport? I just tire.
grin grin grin grin i just tire for most of this guys in this forum,anambra suppose get airport before now even they suppose get seaport too

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by michlins(m): 7:24pm On Jan 09, 2022
VanuatuWycombe:

Apologies, my brother. Who will invest what? grin. Government would make money from the airport, if they manage it well but don’t be surprised they won’t utilize the fund well.
We would all be shocked when they concession it after 5 years to a company indirectly owned by the government who built the airport. Na their parting gift be that o. The airport is not for Anambra people. No state can run and maintain airport successfully in Nigeria. I am sorry, if I sound too blunt. A lot goes into managing airport than fine terminal building and brand new runway.
you're absolutely right but my Igbo people and their fragile ego won't hear of it.
Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by moshino(m): 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2022
mrvitalis:
And that's with small plans that carry less than 40 people ...so when fully operational we should be expecting 20,000 to 50,000 flights monthly ...with international flight it would hit 200k per month

Charging is passenger #2500 and 50,000 passengers that's #125 million from passengers alone this can power the airport ( Diesel ) and pay very staff of the airport plus #30, million for maintaining the airport per month

The money gotten from airlines would just be pure profit estimated to be around #5 billion per year ...in 5 years airport is profitable

Stop inhaling mpuru miri
Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by Ixodes(m): 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2022
michlins:
you should be the person who should calm down. I live in Anambra myself and the numbers above are ridiculous. I know sales people earning 15,000 monthly in Nkwo Nnewi.

You should be easy with the lies please
Understand him he is not talking about sales boys or girls on salary; he is talking about guys that lurk around the market asking you what you want and taking you to the dealer like they are partners
Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by codemaniacs: 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2022
BoBiafra:
Think about the economic wealth; Nigeria could have earned ;by constructing a railway line ;from Onitsha commercial city; to Lagos another commercial city .;Rather they are building a railway line from Kanu to Maradi -Niger republic.
Hatred;ethnic bigots ;The reason why Nigeria will remain; the poverty capital of the world;
We borrow money for consumption;other nations borrow money to invest; in her people; giving small business loans to-Tailor's,mechanics,local furniture makers,farmers,;creative innovators;scholarships for students,doctors,nurses,pharmacist,engineering, etc;building avenues for the future ;and a better taxpayers; for repayment of loans.
Think Economy not a Caliphate.

what you're writing is for the two major ethnic nations ( Igbo and Yoruba ) in the south to key into and bring into reality..

it is wrong to think that someone of a different ethnicity wants what's good for another person from another ethnicity...

it will be better if the SE first builds a railway connecting all the SE states together, the same for the SW to build railway connecting all the SW states together before thinking about building from one ethnic nation to another ethnic nation.
Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by MPESA(m): 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2022
Speaktruth88:
But FG is not doing anything in Igbo land. So na spirit airport and passengers be this.

Federal Never contributed towards development of the Airport. It's 101% Anambra State money , so get your facts right before talking NONSENSE.

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by michlins(m): 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2022
Ixodes:

Understand him he is not talking about sales boys or girls on salary; he is talking about guys that lurk around the market asking you what you want and taking you to the dealer like they are partners
none of them makes that amount of money daily. People are just full of lies here on the internet.
Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by stasius: 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2022
michlins:
I always felt it is unnecessary. Awka to Enugu is less than an hour albeit the bad roads. So if efforts are made to fix the roads,flights will be landing in Enugu for Anambra North and central. Then Anambra South will be using Owerri airport.

Say you land in this Anambra airport, the terrible state of Anambra State roads will ensure you spend hours moving from Onitsha to Ekwulọbịa

So if I want to travel to Lagos I will be travelling to Enugu or Owerri first? Guy obi adịro gị mma oooh!

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by MPESA(m): 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2022
Speaktruth88:

What coast do you have? Learn simple geography o

Abia State can do it sir, kindly check it.

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by codemaniacs: 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2022
michlins:

Please for your own good teach your brain to be happy when you see positive infrastructural developments in a place and also teach your brain to be happy that someone is progressing and that people are successful.

remove negative thoughts and opinions from your mentality...

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by MPESA(m): 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2022
specialmati:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked nawa for you so why must anambra of all people visit other state to take their flight. Thanks to obiano jarri.anambra suppose get everything not only airport i for like them get seaport too if its achievable

You are 100% on point.

Re: New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month by adamsmith914: 7:33pm On Jan 09, 2022
kettykin:
The airport is destined to be very successful without much business logic but it can be a regional destination point for traffic to China , Dubai , London .

Very good starting point.

It will be good if full functional international traffic starts , to and fro high traffic destination.
I am sure through Ethiopia Airline? Customs & exercise done move headquarters go there, to curb narcotics exportation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) / Car Collides With A Keke Napep At Igando Lagos (photos). / Soldier, Policeman, Lecturer, 97 Other Nigerian Pilgrims Abscond In Israel

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66