Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,501 members, 7,770,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:14 AM

How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing (5583 Views)

How I Ruined My Life In Malaysia...... / How I Ruined My First Kiss. Never Do This When Kissing A Girl / Drop A Word For Your Ex/Lover/Crush Without Mentioning Their Name. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Pukkalolo: 9:04pm On Jan 10, 2022
I went out on a date with my crush. After the date I arrived home feeling good. My big bro (cousin) who l was staying with at that time saw my happy face when I got home. I was very young, inexperienced and naive at that time.

He asked me how the date went. I said, "It was very fantastic, we gisted and laughed alot; it was very fun."
My cousin said, "Wow! That's good...but I wanna ask you one question."

He asked me a very weird question.

He said, "Throughout your date with her today, did you pissed her off or upset her in anyway?"

I said, "Big bro, I don't understand your question... I told you my date with my crush went great and you're asking me if I got her upset.... of course, I did not upset her."

Then he asked another weird question.

He said, " if you did not upset her, then how did you know the date really went great?"

"Now I'm confuse. Is it not when she happy and not upset that I know the date went great... she's my crush, why would I try to upset her."

My big bro said, "you can only truly know a person when they are angry or experiencing tension."

His last statement make some sense though, but I wasn't still cool with the part were he said I should pissed her off her so I can truly know her.
That one sound very silly to me.

Then he said, "I can predict how you and your crush will end up."

"Please tell me," I said.

He said , "She's going to break your heart"

I laughed his statement off.

Few days later, I asked my crush to be my girlfriend, she said, "let's just be friends....you are really nice guy to me."

After intensed persuasion and "pleading' for days, she later agreed to be my girlfriend. But our relationship didn't last long. 2 weeks after we started dating, she was back to her ex.
I felt really bad. She broke my heart. My big bro prediction came to pass.

Ok, this incidence happened years ago.

Years later, I have gotten more experienced and wiser.

Last 2 month, I was at a mall. I saw a lady and guy taking pictures together. From their demeanor, I could tell they were not really couples or anything of such. When the guy got distracted attending to something else, I quickly initiated conversation with the young lady, few seconds later the guy came back and met me talking to the lady.

He was a cool guy: he didn't try interfere in our conversation. He just hanged around and eavedropped on what we were saying.

My conversation with the lady was sailing smoothly. Even the guy had no problem with me being there. Few minutes later I asked the lady a question that instantly caused havoc and turbulence to our smooth sailing conversation.

I said, "so how old are you?"

The lady was taking shocked by my question. She was a little bit upset. The guy rolled his eyes and looked at me like I had 3 nose. He was also shocked by my question. There was a sudden earthquake. There was panic everywhere. The world was in chaos.

What's going on?

Rumor has it that one random dude at the mall just asked a lady an abominable question.

(Ok enough of the exaggeration, let's get serious)

The lady could not even open her mouth. She was still dumbfounde and yet to recover from the abominable question I just asked her. She stood there looking at me in horror like a damsel in distress that need a white knight in shining armor to come her recuse
So the guy quickly came to her rescue, playing the role of captain America. He thundered at me, "Don't you know it's wrong to ask a lady of her age?"

I was like, "Well, allow the lady to speak for herself."

The lady eventually opened her mouth. She said, "Yes, why would you even ask me of my age when we are just meeting for the first time?"

I said, "I asked about your age because I wanted to be sure that you're not below 18 years."

She said, "And what if I'm below 18 years?"

I said, "If you are below 18 years, I will discontinue my conversation with you because I only roll with girls who are 18 years and above....I don't do under age."

Then she told me her age. She is above 18 years.

Despite the whole turbulence that played out, my conversation with the lady later went great. We are very close now. This was what my big bro was talking about that time, but I misunderstood him back then.

On the phone, I told my big sis the whole turbulence that happened between I and the lady. My sis also told me that she heard that it's wrong to ask a Man how much he earns monthly on the first date.

"Please who made the rule that it's wrong for a man to ask a lady of her age or it's wrong for a lady to ask a man how much he earns monthly?"

I threw the above question on Facebook book and whatsApp to get people opinion about it. Surprisingly, I got lots of replies.

70% of people agreed that on the first date it's wrong for a man to ask a lady of her age or it's wrong for a lady to ask a man how much he earns monthly.

While 30% said that there's nothing wrong with that, and that it's left to the other person to decide if they want to answer the question. These 30% seemed smarter to me.

And it's no coincident that only 30% of people are really happy with their love lifes.

I tried to engaged the 70% of people to find out why they think it is wrong. I got responses like,

"it's disrespectful."

"It getting into someone's privacy"

"It is bla bla bla"

After analyzing most of their responses, I discovered something familiar: Most of us are simply scared of upsetting the other person, that's why we are scared of asking them those kind of questions. This still goes back to what my big bro was talking about back in the days.

When a guy tells a lady that he wants to get to know her or a lady say she wants to take her time to get know a guy before allowing anything happen, what do they really mean?

If a guy toast a lady, then he should be ready for any question the girl throws at him. And if a guy woo a lady, he should be bold enough to ask her any questions he wants.

Here's why-->.

First for all, here's the fact; You can't truly get know a person if you scared of upsetting them. This because you won't be real with them and you won't ask questions that are important to you.

Many ladies and gentlemen think that having a fun, lighthearted and entertaining conversation means you're getting to know the other person.

No, you're not.

This is why on first date, when a guy and a lady is talking...if they are laughing and chatting light-heartedly, then they aren't really getting to know each other.

But if the guy and the lady are talking in a low tone, quietly, closely, deeply and looking into each eyes, then they are the ones who are actually getting to know each other.

Some of us thinks it takes weeks, months or years to get to know person. But that is not true. In few hours you can truly get to know a person, if you can bodly ask them real, raw and honest questions, and see how they respond to it. These are the questions that will stir their emotions and force them to open up. These are the questions that would create strong connection between you and the other person.

Going on a date is kind of similar to going for a Job interview. At the job interview, the employer ask the right questions that are important to the progress of the organization. This is because they want to get the best candidate that would bring greater value.

They don't select the candidates who they love most, they select the candidate that answers their questions correctly.

If you are a man/woman looking for a long-term partner, it's not about who you love most, it's not about who you're more attracted to; it's about who bring less pain and add more happiness to your life.

Sometimes, the partners that will add more happiness to your life are the ones that you're not really attracted to; these are one's that don't really insight butterfly in your stomach when you see them, but they are the ones who will bring more happiness to your life in the long run.

I hope this was helpful.

Stay blessed.

55 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Authoreety: 9:26pm On Jan 10, 2022
Crazy writer..

I enjoyed the read

16 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Akwaibomdude(m): 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2022
What an Episode shocked

12 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by yuping(m): 10:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
undecided your head correct, you just carry hammer hit the nail

12 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Yadid(m): 10:59pm On Jan 10, 2022
This is a very good read.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Mophor: 11:22pm On Jan 10, 2022
Issokay!!!

4 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by BabbanBura(m): 11:35pm On Jan 10, 2022
Nice one!

5 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Crowwejihadist: 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2022
Really learnt a lot

6 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Rickmann: 11:57pm On Jan 10, 2022
Pukkalolo:

I went out on a date with my crush. After the date I arrived home feeling good. My big bro (cousin) who l was staying with at that time saw my happy face when I got home. I was very young, inexperienced and naive at that time.

He asked me how the date went. I said, "It was very fantastic, we gisted and laughed alot; it was very fun."

He said, "Throughout your date with her today, did you pissed her off or upset her in anyway?"

I said, "Big bro, I don't understand your question... I told you my date with my crush went great and you're asking me if I got her upset.... of course, I did not upset her."

He said, " if you did not upset her, then how did you know the date really went great?"

"Now I'm confuse. Is it not when she happy and not upset that I know the date went great... she's my crush, why would I try to upset her."

My big bro said, "you can only truly know a person when they are angry or experiencing tension."

His last statement make some sense though, but I wasn't still cool with the part were he said I should pissed her off her so I can truly know her.

Few days later, I asked my crush to be my girlfriend, she said, "let's just be friends....you are really nice guy to me."

After intensed persuasion and "pleading' for days, she later agreed to be my girlfriend. But our relationship didn't last long. 2 weeks after we started dating, she was back to her ex.

Last 2 month, I was at a mall. I saw a lady and guy taking pictures together. From their demeanor, I could tell they were not really couples or anything of such. When the guy got distracted attending to something else, I quickly initiated conversation with the young lady, few seconds later the guy came back and met me talking to the lady.

He was a cool guy: he didn't try interfere in our conversation. He just hanged around and eavedropped on what we were saying.

My conversation with the lady was sailing smoothly. Even the guy had no problem with me being there. Few minutes later I asked the lady a question that instantly caused havoc and turbulence to our smooth sailing conversation.

The lady was taking shocked by my question. She was a little bit upset. The guy rolled his eyes and looked at me like I had 3 nose. He was also shocked by my question. There was a sudden earthquake. There was panic everywhere. The world was in chaos.

What's going on?

Rumor has it that one random dude at the mall just asked a lady an abominable question.

The lady could not even open her mouth. She was still dumbfounde and yet to recover from the abominable question I just asked her. She stood there looking at me in horror like a damsel in distress that need a white knight in shining armor to come her recuse
So the guy quickly came to her rescue, playing the role of captain America. He thundered at me, "Don't you know it's wrong to ask a lady of her age?"

The lady eventually opened her mouth. She said, "Yes, why would you even ask me of my age when we are just meeting for the first time?"

I said, "I asked about your age because I wanted to be sure that you're not below 18 years."

I said, "If you are below 18 years, I will discontinue my conversation with you because I only roll with girls who are 18 years and above....I don't do under age."

Despite the whole turbulence that played out, my conversation with the lady later went great. We are very close now. This was what my big bro was talking about that time, but I misunderstood him back then.

On the phone, I told my big sis the whole turbulence that happened between I and the lady. My sis also told me that she heard that it's wrong to ask a Man how much he earns monthly on the first date.

"Please who made the rule that it's wrong for a man to ask a lady of her age or it's wrong for a lady to ask a man how much he earns monthly?"

I threw the above question on Facebook book and whatsApp to get people opinion about it. Surprisingly, I got lots of replies.

70% of people agreed that on the first date it's wrong for a man to ask a lady of her age or it's wrong for a lady to ask a man how much he earns monthly.

While 30% said that there's nothing wrong with that, and that it's left to the other person to decide if they want to answer the question. These 30% seemed smarter to me.

And it's no coincident that only 30% of people are really happy with their love lifes.

I tried to engaged the 70% of people to find out why they think it is wrong. I got responses like,

"it's disrespectful."

"It is bla bla bla"

After analyzing most of their responses, I discovered something familiar: Most of us are simply scared of upsetting the other person, that's why we are scared of asking them those kind of questions. This still goes back to what my big bro was talking about back in the days.

When a guy tells a lady that he wants to get to know her or a lady say she wants to take her time to get know a guy before allowing anything happen, what do they really mean?

If a guy toast a lady, then he should be ready for any question the girl throws at him. And if a guy woo a lady, he should be bold enough to ask her any questions he wants.

Here's why-->.

First for all, here's the fact; You can't truly get know a person if you scared of upsetting them. This because you won't be real with them and you won't ask questions that are important to you.

Many ladies and gentlemen think that having a fun, lighthearted and entertaining conversation means you're getting to know the other person.

No, you're not.

This is why on first date, when a guy and a lady is talking...if they are laughing and chatting light-heartedly, then they aren't really getting to know each other.

But if the guy and the lady are talking in a low tone, quietly, closely, deeply and looking into each eyes, then they are the ones who are actually getting to know each other.

Some of us thinks it takes weeks, months or years to get to know person. But that is not true. In few hours you can truly get to know a person, if you can bodly ask them real, raw and honest questions, and see how they respond to it. These are the questions that will stir their emotions and force them to open up. These are the questions that would create strong connection between you and the other person.

Going on a date is kind of similar to going for a Job interview. At the job interview, the employer ask the right questions that are important to the progress of the organization. This is because they want to get the best candidate that would bring greater value.

They don't select the candidates who they love most, they select the candidate that answers their questions correctly.

If you are a man/woman looking for a long-term partner, it's not about who you love most, it's not about who you're more attracted to; it's about who bring less pain and add more happiness to your life.

Sometimes, the partners that will add more happiness to your life are the ones that you're not really attracted to; these are one's that don't really insight butterfly in your stomach when you see them, but they are the ones who will bring more happiness to your life in the long run.

I hope this was helpful.

Stay blessed.

Wisdom bro grin
I totally agree with you.

8 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by WisdomHunter(m): 12:35am On Jan 11, 2022
Pukkalolo:

What's going on?

"it's disrespectful."

"It is bla bla bla"

Here's why-->.

No, you're not.

I hope this was helpful.

Stay blessed.

This happened to me few days ago

There is this girl I met on social media after much calls and video calls we planned on seeing this festival period when i traveled to my state that's where she lives, so the day for the meeting she came my house voluntarily. Offered her drink we sat in the parlor, we talked, laughed for long time and seeing how comfortable she was plus our conversation is being boring because we're equally repeating ourselves. I wanted to go down to the business of knowing her and same time she was complaining of feeling dizzy, I suggested it's better we move to bed room she flared up shocked shocked

You know nija girls na going into a bed room for them you are looking for sex, but my intentions was right and I felt that as the way our conversation was going even before we met that she has gotten to know the kind of person i am and I also see her as a matured girl, I can't try that nah on a first date cheesy

So like u said OP I just wanted to have a heart to heart talk with her in more quiet place and that kind of talk, i prefer laying down on the bed with her or being in one cool and quiet place like in a bar sipping drink, where I can look into her eyes and ask her some questions that I wanted to know before I can let her know my intentions about her, relationship is stressful this days I don't want to be going in and out wasting time with wrong girls again.

So I tried to explain everything to her that she should not get me wrong that just needed us to talk am important issues that why I wanted us to the bedroom, she said OK but by then I no de feel myself again so I didn't bother her again we just dismiss for that day I also lost interest in her maybe because of that incident.

9 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by nerdfrost(m): 1:13am On Jan 11, 2022
A good write up

Meanwhile grin

Nosimp2022

5 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Animegirl(f): 1:41am On Jan 11, 2022
Nice write up, kiss.

4 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Sucre6: 7:05am On Jan 11, 2022
Believe it or not, girls don't like guys that try to be too smooth on a first date, they could easily read between lines, funny enough, girls may have up to 10 dates between two weeks unlike guys, so there is nothing they haven't seen nor heard, so to catch their fancy you should try to bring to the table some weird stuff that a guy wouldn't normally do.

Be spontaneous, don't be too smooth, she has seen all that. Believe me, girls love adventurous guys they have seen conventional relationship too much and bored already especially those ones that see themselves as pretty and guys are all over them.

For example, there is this half cast babe in my class that year for uni, all guys guys we're trying to woo her while me I don't even send her, on a good day I meet and chatted with her my first word to her bust her head.

I told her smoothly with a wild grin

" SEE YOU THINK YOU ARE SO PRETTY ABI, JUST BE Deceiving YOUR SELF"

She was dumb founded, jaw dropped and confused, she wanted to know why I would say such thing to her when other guys are begging for her attention, I was difference, mysterious, she wanted to know me more grin

we later became friends and from then we started fvcking each other even without me asking her to be my girlfriend, my friends couldn't believe the girl would fall for me that don't give a fvck about her grin

In the long run, she became obsessed with me, and literally asked me to be her boyfriend, we dated until even two years after graduating grin.

9 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by effixxyguy1: 7:39am On Jan 11, 2022
Nice one

4 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Likeplaylikepla: 5:50am On Jan 12, 2022
Very nice write-up cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Deicide: 6:07am On Jan 12, 2022
Rickmann:

Wisdom bro grin
I totally agree with you.
You day craze for head! Why quote the whole thing?

1 Like

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Demol09(m): 6:09am On Jan 12, 2022
Cool write-up.

There's was a girl I met for the first time, the words that came out of my mouth was "what's up with you girls that think what a man wants from a lady he approaches is only sex. Well, I'm a different man oo, I just want to pull off her panties and know what exactly she's really hiding there."
She called me a blunt asshole which I'd rather be that a nice guy. The rest is history though.
Don't play safe, don't be nice to her, have the mindset of losing her before having her, works 90% of the time.

7 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by helinues: 6:52am On Jan 12, 2022
That big bro na correct big bro.

In order to know people better, you need to out them in a test by deliberately do something not too nasty and see their reactions..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by ParpahSeventy: 7:28am On Jan 12, 2022
Very interesting thread, reading it this morning was a sort of delay but I had to.
For me, there are no written rules anywhere about what to ask and what not to ask, so I ask whatever I feel and I will answer whatever you like, be it on a first date or whatever, a lady once asked me for some money some two years ago, the sum was quite and a close friend was getting married and we as friends and associates had to turn and for me he was really close so I had to do better coupled with an ongoing project I couldn't let that money out that day not even the next day, so I asked this lady what do you want to do with that money, me trying to ascertain if I can delay it for like 3 days, her reply was, "don't ask a girl what she wants to do with money", that was the end of that conversation, if a rule says I shouldn't ask you what to do with money that rule should also tell you not to ask me for money. In a nutshell people especially ladies feel embarrassed when certain questions are put forward to them, so "gentlemen" didn't want them to feel embarrassed again so they put up those shitty rules, for me am not a "gentleman".
It's not as if they don't enjoy these conversations but getting into it they feel weird, I met a lady who was 28 years old, at her age with the kind of upbringing she had, it's embarrassing to her to talk about sex, she can't tell you on chat she wants to shower, never, she can't tell you she is pressed, any discussion that will lead to boobs or booty, or private organs she avoids like plague as a result of that she doesn't even know what the words like "body count" "Mouth Action" "head" means, all the guys in her life knew her like this and kept that standard, they were trying to ask her out she was turning them, when I came into the picture, I had to defy the odds and make her talk about those things and exposed her, till we called it quits I didn't ask her out (some of those stupid guys have been begging for years) but to her I was like the best thing that happened to her.
She was always in a rush to bring up such discussions because to her surprise she enjoyed talking about them.
Nice write up Op.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by youcanmakeit: 7:36am On Jan 12, 2022
An excellent writer

1 Like

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Dannyfan(m): 8:19am On Jan 12, 2022
I love the write up. I will start asking weird questions now cool
But btw I don't know how to initiate conversation with girls, please gimme a starting line. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Filtermode: 8:36am On Jan 12, 2022
This is quite interesting
Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Pukkalolo: 8:45am On Jan 12, 2022
Dannyfan:
I love the write up. I will start asking weird questions now cool
But btw I don't know how to initiate conversation with girls, please gimme a starting line. embarassed

You can start by reading this post, It will be helpful:

https://www.nairaland.com/6817409/how-stole-girl-guy-birthday
Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by 23jerryking(m): 9:22am On Jan 12, 2022
Lots of wisdom in this beautiful piece of writing. More grace bro, you're good!!!

2 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Likeplaylikepla: 9:42am On Jan 12, 2022
Demol09:
Cool write-up.

There's was a girl I met for the first time, the words that came out of my mouth was "what's up with you girls that think what a man wants from a lady he approaches is only sex. Well, I'm a different man oo, I just want to pull off her panties and know what exactly she's really hiding there."
She called me a blunt asshole which I'd rather be that a nice guy. The rest is history though.
Don't play safe, don't be nice to her, have the mindset of losing her before having her, works 90% of the time.

Real nigga cheesy
Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by youcanmakeit: 10:01am On Jan 12, 2022
Sucre6:
Believe it or not, girls don't like guys that try to be too smooth on a first date, they could easily read between lines, funny enough, girls may have up to 10 dates between two weeks unlike guys, so there is nothing they haven't seen nor heard, so to catch their fancy you should try to bring to the table some weird stuff that a guy wouldn't normally do.

Be spontaneous, don't be too smooth, she has seen all that. Believe me, girls love adventurous guys they have seen conventional relationship too much and bored already especially those ones that see themselves as pretty and guys are all over them.

For example, there is this half cast babe in my class that year for uni, all guys guys we're trying to woo her while me I don't even send her, on a good day I meet and chatted with her my first word to her bust her head.

She was dumb founded, jaw dropped and confused, she wanted to know why I would say such thing to her when other guys are begging for her attention, I was difference, mysterious, she wanted to know me more grin

we later became friends and from then we started fvcking each other even without me asking her to be my girlfriend, my friends couldn't believe the girl would fall for me that don't give a fvck about her grin

In the long run, she became obsessed with me, and literally asked me to be her boyfriend, we dated until even two years after graduating grin.

So true! When a guy and girl who aren't really familiar with each other meet for the first time, sometimes it's almost impossible for things go smooth unless the guy/girl is not being real or the guy is trying to impress the lady. When 2 opposite sex meet for the first, I think there's a natural friction that they both have to manage and overcome.

1 Like

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by christianjoy(m): 10:11am On Jan 12, 2022
Real nigga damn cool grin
Sucre6:

1 Like

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Nine2ten: 10:42am On Jan 12, 2022
Wisdom,
Excellently translated into words on paper.
How did you learn to write this good?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Sucre6: 11:17am On Jan 12, 2022
christianjoy:
Real nigga damn cool grin

I see you comrade cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by josephevergreen(m): 11:31am On Jan 12, 2022
You re right bro

1 Like

Re: How I Ruined My First Date With My Crush Without Knowing by Pukkalolo: 3:20pm On Jan 12, 2022
Nine2ten:
Wisdom,
Excellently translated into words on paper.
How did you learn to write this good?

Thanks bro. Writing is just something I naturally enjoy doing right from time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mention One Instruction Women Obey From Men Without Delay Or Argument / How Long Is The Hair On This Beautiful Indigenous Brazilian Woman(photos) / Motherless Man: Emotionally Unavailable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.