Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Funds In My Brother's Bank Account Was Wiped Off - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Funds In My Brother's Bank Account Was Wiped Off (34484 Views)

Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) / How A Loan App Wiped My Account And Left Me Broke / My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funds In My Brother's Bank Account Was Wiped Off by alphabbey1(m): 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2022
Desammyst:
Good day, everyone. I lost my brother's Polaris bank ATM Card last month. He didn't bother to go and block it in the bank, and went for his military service in Borno state.

He came back this month and this afternoon, he received debit alerts on his phone, as a result of the lost ATM card. When I came home this evening and he showed me the alerts, I discovered that prior to the debit alert, he had received message requesting for OTP five times. I was dumbfounded and till now I can't grasp how it happened.

Does it mean someone's money can be wiped off without OTP?

What happens to bank security? Because if someone doesn't send OTP, isn't the person safe.

Is there anyway the funds can be retrieved.
Please, help a brother. My family is pained embarassed cry
there are two Chinese site and one US site that will never ask for OTP or even billing address. Once you input the ATM details, payment successful immediately..... Doesn't matter whether card is Visa or Mastercard
Re: Funds In My Brother's Bank Account Was Wiped Off by Poleski: 4:38pm On Jan 17, 2022
Desammyst:
Good day, everyone. I lost my brother's Polaris bank ATM Card last month. He didn't bother to go and block it in the bank, and went for his military service in Borno state.

He came back this month and this afternoon, he received debit alerts on his phone, as a result of the lost ATM card. When I came home this evening and he showed me the alerts, I discovered that prior to the debit alert, he had received message requesting for OTP five times. I was dumbfounded and till now I can't grasp how it happened.

Does it mean someone's money can be wiped off without OTP?

What happens to bank security? Because if someone doesn't send OTP, isn't the person safe.

Is there anyway the funds can be retrieved.
Please, help a brother. My family is pained embarassed cry

Many online marchants don't require OTP, and that's the loophole. Anyone can easily make purchases online with only the data on the card.

Your brother's recklessness caused his predicament. He should have blocked the card immediately after he realized it was missing
Re: Funds In My Brother's Bank Account Was Wiped Off by Hassanmaye(m): 12:49pm On Jan 20, 2022
Dragunz:

Oga shutup, gimme your card details if I no empty am without any fucking otp.

You better wise up, OTP my ass.
Hahahhahahaha blatant truth, but look let me send you mine wink
Re: Funds In My Brother's Bank Account Was Wiped Off by Hassanmaye(m): 12:49pm On Jan 20, 2022
Idrisab:

Lmao, you're still dulling things
I had a Mastercard with Fcmb
My money was vanishing little by little in a series of $5, $2 , $8 ,$10 and like that within short time.
Over 60k don disappear before I got to know
No SMS alert, no OTP. Just saw it on my mail
And those stupid bank would always say "you're probably careless with your ATM details, there's nothing they can do"
And yes, that's it, you'll never see the money again
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

About 99.4% Of Bank Accounts Contain Less Than N500,000 - NDIC / Efe Ejere, Chief Operating Officer, Grand Cubana Hotel Celebrates Birthday / Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.