Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? (6353 Views)

Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest / Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani / Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by hammer567: 12:10pm On Jan 16, 2022
[s]
aribisala0:

No one is targetting Eboes so stop the lies and half truths? The problem with you folk is your dishonesty
When the so called entire Oba said what he said . What did other Yorubas say?

Stop playing victim You deceive no one but yourselves. Stop claiming "hatred" because your own hearts are equally full of hatred in your words and actions we see plenty of hatred

Check this out

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan
[/s]

2023, IS GOING TO BE A SWEET VICTORY FOR THE IGBO NATION, WHICH EVER WAY YOU LOOK AT IT.

WHETHER YOU LIKE OR NORTH, IGBO WILL HAVE THEIR OWN LEADER AFTER 2023.

BE IT IN NIGERIA OR OUTSIDE NIGERIA.

ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:10pm On Jan 16, 2022
Aufbauh:

I can see that you're not critical nor analytical in your reasoning. Probably you have a preconceived opinion about your inquest.

When has integration or migration implies patriotism? I can see that you were triggered by Ohaneze's hypothetical assertion.
The fact that you have Igbos living in every nooks & crannies of Nigeria does not translate Nationhood believe or patriotism. They're just there for livelihood. The same way they're spread across Ghana, Togo, SA and other countries.

Try to reason like an adult, do you know that someone can still live in your house & still hate or detest you?

They're just there for livelihood?

To the extent that they raise kids, inter marry, build houses and even have second generations there?

For all you huff and puff you haven't said what patriotism means to you?

You're likely one of those who think shouting one Nigeria at every opportunity is being patriotic, even with glaring injustice and nepotism.

You're notorious for your views on Igbos anyway so this is my last reply to you.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by aribisala0(m): 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2022
hammer567:
[s][/s]

2023, IS GOING TO BE A SWEET VICTORY FOR THE IGBO NATION, WHICH EVER WAY YOU LOOK AT IT.

WHETHER YOU LIKE OR NORTH, IGBO WILL HAVE THEIR OWN LEADER AFTER 2023.

BE IT IN NIGERIA OR OUTSIDE NIGERIA.

ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.
How is that my problem?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by hammer567: 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2022
WHEN YOU START DOING CALCULATION AND THE RESULT OR THE OUTCOME IS THE SAME.

THEN YOU KNOW IT IS DESTINY.

DO THE CALCULATION YOURSELF, CAN TINUBU CONTROL A MAJOR CONFLICT THAT HAS BEEN BREWING NATIONWIDE, ESPECIALLY IN THE SE AND SS?

IS IT OSINBANJO THAT WILL BE ABLE TO CONTROL SUCH CONFLICT?

BUHARI HAS BARELY SURVIVED AND IS LEAVING BEHIND A MOUNTAIN OF PROBLEMS.

IN 2015, NIGERIA DID NOT HAVE ARMED GROUPS IN EVERY REGION, TODAY(2023) WE DO.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 16, 2022
aribisala0:
https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

That thread was really shocking. I am aware of Igbos hatred of the Yorubas but the anti-Yoruba sentiments on that thread shows who/what Igbos are and why they must never be entrusted with ultimate power.

Imagine advocating that the Presidency be used to "punish" and marginalize Yorubas?

If they are asking that of an Ijaw man, what will they demand from Anyim, Kalu or Obi?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:14pm On Jan 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

U want to know the truth ?

Igbos are already too successful for Nigerians liking and they achieved this with Nigeria state against their interest most times ....so what would Igbos become when u hand them power of state for 8 years ....

They see it as too much advantage

Brother this is not a time for boasting.

While I understand what you're trying to say, I do not necessarily agree.

It is this kind of boasting that makes other Nigerians detest Igbos sometimes (although I think the disaffection is somewhat irrational and extreme).

Tone it down a bit.

Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by aribisala0(m): 12:14pm On Jan 16, 2022
Grayoso:

That thread was really shocking. I am aware of Igbos hatred of the Yorubas but the anti-Yoruba sentiments on that thread shows who/what Igbos are and why they must never be entrusted with ultimate power.

Imagine advocating that the Presidency be used to "punish" and marginalize Yorubas?

If they are asking that of an Ijaw man, what will they demand from Anyim, Kalu or Obi?
They always think short term .They forget there will be a tomorrow

12 Likes

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by hammer567: 12:15pm On Jan 16, 2022
[s]
Grayoso:

[/s]

MORE HOPELESS YORUBA MEN, DOING WHAT THEY ARE DESTINED TO DO, WHICH IS ASPIRE TO BE IGBO.

LET ME TELL YOU, HOW HOPELESS YOU ARE.

IF WE SAY WE ARE BREAKING NIGERIA TODAY, YOU WILL FORM ANOTHER GROUP THAT WILL LAUNCH DIPLOMATIC EFFORT AND FORM ALLIANCE TO JOIN COUNTRY WITH IGBOS.

WE SAW THAT WITH SUNDAY IGBOHO.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by hammer567: 12:18pm On Jan 16, 2022
THE ONLY THING THAT IS YORUBA THAT I RESPECT IS YORUBA WOMEN.

THEY APPEAR TO HAVE DIGNITY AND BETTER BEHAVED THAN THEIR MEN.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by sirp9898(m): 12:18pm On Jan 16, 2022
Grayoso:

"Africa technology" we do not see advantageous examples of anywhere in ala Igbo today? You guys are delusional sociopaths and megalomaniacs for real.
Chairman
I respect your opinions but don't acept them if is against me. We should behave and talk in a civilise way not putting insults in all your comments.
I hope nairaland is not full of kpako children who talk and do things anyhow because that is how they are brought up.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 16, 2022
tiger28:
You took your time to insult almost ALL the major ethnic groups in Nigeria when OP asked a very intelligent question.........OP's question has been ANSWERED!

Some of you should go back to primary school and pay attention.

He did not insult other Nigerians. He merely quoted the insultive and demeaning utterances of Igbos towards all other Nigerians.

If I write "you are a fool" does that mean I am calling you a fool?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:22pm On Jan 16, 2022
sirp9898:

Chairman
I respect your opinions but don't acept them if is against me. We should behave and talk in a civilise way not putting insults in all your comments.
I hope nairaland is not full of kpako children who talk and do things anyhow because that is how they are brought up.

The reason I opened this thread is to try to actually have a civil discuss on this very sensitive issue.

But alas, bigots and halfwits (on both sides) are here already with their contempt and I've been reporting them as they come.

It's unfortunate that a proper discussion cannot be had anymore on this forum without insults.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by tiger28: 12:24pm On Jan 16, 2022
Aufbauh:

I can see that you're not critical nor analytical in your reasoning. Probably you have a preconceived opinion about your inquest.

When has integration or migration implies patriotism? I can see that you were triggered by Ohaneze's hypothetical assertion.
The fact that you have Igbos living in every nooks & crannies of Nigeria does not translate to Nationhood belief or patriotism. They're just there for livelihood. The same way they're spread across Ghana, Togo, SA and other countries.

Try to reason like an adult, do you know that someone can still live in your house & still hate or detest you?
GBAM!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by Aufbauh(m): 12:25pm On Jan 16, 2022
TheRealestGuy:

To the extent that they raise kids, inter marry, build houses and even have second generations there?

You're likely one of those who think shouting one Nigeria at every opportunity is being patriotic, even with glaring injustice and nepotism.

You're notorious for your views on Igbos anyway so this is my last reply to you.

It's because of this undemocratic tendency of not accommodating dissenting opinion that makes it almost practically impossible to handover Democratic power to you guys.

To you guys like the Ipob everyone must think and act alike if not his stance is not welcome.

My standpoint is based on my knowledge of the Nigeria state & her constituent tribes.

I know almost every part of the country like the palm of my hands so i hate it when people come online to write another story.

Maybe you should look out for the person who have your presumed answer so that you can agree with him.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by gidgiddy: 12:25pm On Jan 16, 2022
Randerl:
In other words, IPOB/ESN was created to achieve a SE presidency via violence.

Did you Nigerians care that Fulani herdsmen were butchering people across Nigeria when you elected a Fulani man like Buhari as President?

If IPOB or ESN are responsible for violence, it is only in the South East

But Fulani herdsmen are killing people in all 6 geopolitical zones, yet it was no problem when it came to electing a Fulani man president

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by sirp9898(m): 12:26pm On Jan 16, 2022
TheRealestGuy:

The reason I opened this thread is to try to actually have a civil discuss on this very sensitive issue.

But alas, bigots and halfwits (on both sides) are here already with their contempt and I've been reporting them as they come.

It's unfortunate that a proper discussion cannot be had anymore on this forum without insults.
Then
Start the campain by not adding insults in all your comments and encourage others to do same.

1 Like

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by Tap0lane: 12:26pm On Jan 16, 2022
You hopelessly foolish Igbos when your have been exposed for the fools you are you disengage. Everything the guy stated happened n was carried out by Igbos. Is it such lunatics you want Nigeria to vote for.

Igbo today as 3 presidential hopefuls, Peter Obi, Kalu Fraud n Umahi the least hopeful. The other 2 Obi n Kalu if I open their dossier of fraud your father will collapse but Igbos don't want their fraud cases mentioned but you can shout about bullion van when Tinubu is mentioned.

Does your igbo father knew Peter Peter Obi was caught with N250M cash in Lagos while he was a sitting governor ? Why are you fools not making noise about that but your bigoted deluded father can be shouting about bullion. Do bullion van carry up to N250M at a go ?

TheRealestGuy:

You're definitely not worth engaging on such a serious topic.

I thought I was discussing with a normal human being.

Now run along.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by mrvitalis(m): 12:27pm On Jan 16, 2022
TheRealestGuy:

Brother this is not a time for boasting.

While I understand what you're trying to say, I do not necessarily agree.

It is this kind of boasting that makes other Nigerians detest Igbos sometimes (although I think the disaffection is somewhat irrational and extreme).

Tone it down a bit.

Cheers.
Nah Nigerians need Igbos to be president more than Igbos needs Nigerian presidency

Igbos should never beg for approval ..we are the biggest beneficiary of the present Nigeria system ..let it continue

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:29pm On Jan 16, 2022
sirp9898:

Then
Start the campain by not adding insults in all your comments and encourage others to do same.

Lol.

I created this thread chief.

You are confusing me with the guy who you quoted in the first instance.
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:32pm On Jan 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

Nah Nigerians need Igbos to be president more than Igbos needs Nigerian presidency

Igbos should never beg for approval ..we are the biggest beneficiary of the present Nigeria system ..let it continue

Being more diplomatic, especially when it comes to political issues, doesn't equate to begging for approval.
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by sirp9898(m): 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2022
gidgiddy:

Did you Nigerians care that Fulani herdsmen were butchering people across Nigeria when you elected a Fulani man like Buhari as President?

If IPOB or ESN are responsible for violence, it is only in the South East

But Fulani herdsmen are killing people in all 6 geopolitical zones, yet it was no problem when it came to electing a Fulani man president

Guy you made a vital point
Ipob problems is only for the southeast but Fulani problems is even beyond Nigeria borders yet our southern people is loving them and hating igbos.
I quest something is wrong that will all have to find out.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2022
sirp9898:

Chairman

This is what makes you Igbos despicaple. You wrote things directly disrespectful of Yorubas who are acclaimed one of the greatest ethnic groups of Africa.

When I respond in kind to your irreverence you are now playing victim like a despicable and two-faced coward. Why are you Igbos so dishonorable and completely without integrity?

If you can dish it then be prepared to take it. That is what I love about Yorubas. We are always ready to accept we are flawed to then work to improve ourselves by addressing our shortcomings.

Not so you unprincipled Igbos. Below is the emptily offensive crap you wrote I responded to.

Oya 'spin' again and play victim.

sirp9898:
Biafra is the answer to Africa technology that is y yorubas and co are afraid of biafra or Igbo presidency. They are use to suffering and at the same time complaining.
Until Igbo's have their freedom Nigeria and Africa can never grow rich, not the riches of egosm but the riches of the masses.
In GOD Igbo's trust.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by tiger28: 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2022
TheRealestGuy:

Sooo the ones daily abusing their indigene hosts about being landlords over their hosts, uttering word's like "no man's land'[every nook and crany in Africa has an indigene, having FREE ACCESS to these places as a Nigerian doesn't make you an indigene, same way a hausa cannot say he is an indigene of Aba].........The igbos are JUST in all these places in NIgeria for SURVIVAL from hunger and NOT for patriotism abeg!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 16, 2022
TheRealestGuy:
I ask this question cos it is bewildering and quite shocking to see the reactions of a lot of Nigerians whenever the question of an Igbo presidency is brought up.

Bear in mind that historically, Igbos have voted for a Yoruba man for presidency (Obasanjo in '99 & '03), an Ijaw man (GEJ in '11) as well as twice for core Fulani men (Yar'adua and Atiku). Therefore, any accusations of hate of other tribes by Igbos is laughable and obviously untrue.

Furthermore, Igbos can arguably be said to be the most integrated ethnic group in Nigeria since there's no LGA or Town in the country where you won't find a sizable number Igbo people most likely engaging in business, paying taxes and adding their quota to the economic and social development of the state.

Now I know the issue of the 1966 coup might come up but remember that this was a military affair which cannot be blamed on the average Igbo man and that the coup plotters weren't solely of Igbo origin. Also, those involved in the coup have written several books as to the reason why it was carried out (e.g. Why We Struck by Col. Ademoyega) hence, ruling out any idea that it was an ethnic cleansing.

Finally, it is on record that an Igbo officer was the one who foiled the coup and arrested the officers involved (even though he could have handled it much better by meting out justice asap). Also, if the 1966 coup were to be the reason for the irrational distrust, haven't Igbos paid the more than enough price for Nzeoguwo and Co's mistakes?

Last thing I can think of is that they are afraid that an Igbo president will push for referendum to be reinserted into the constitution. Question is how is that a negative thing? Remember that the right to self determination is something that every progressive country should have and in a democracy, all discussions no matter how sensitive must be allowed as that is how a democracy matures - it is tested continuously.

EDIT: Issues of being boastful and denigrating to other Nigerians in towns and cities where Igbos conduct their businesses have come up. While I agree that the average Igbo man's big ego is a weakness that can cause him to be disliked by others, I do not believe it is a cogent enough reason to perpetually refuse to give them a chance at steering the affairs of a country where they form one of the major ethnic groups.

So I'm asking directly - If you're one of those vehemently opposing the idea of an Igbo president, can you give a good/cogent reason for this decision?
Are you trying to say the PDP and APC to microzone to the South East? Cause am not understanding.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Are you trying to say the PDP and APC to microzone to the South East? Cause am not understanding.

Lol.

If you're not very discerning then you might not understand.

The subject of the thread and my last question should make the reason for this thread clear to a discerning mind.
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by mrvitalis(m): 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2022
TheRealestGuy:

Being more diplomatic, especially when it comes to political issues, doesn't equate to begging for approval.

I'm not a politician let them.play their game
We the Igbo middle class just need to milking Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by tiger28: 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2022
hammer567:
[s][/s]

MORE HOPELESS YORUBA MEN, DOING WHAT THEY ARE DESTINED TO DO, WHICH IS ASPIRE TO BE IGBO.

LET ME TELL YOU, HOW HOPELESS YOU ARE.

IF WE SAY WE ARE BREAKING NIGERIA TODAY, YOU WILL FORM ANOTHER GROUP THAT WILL LAUNCH DIPLOMATIC EFFORT AND FORM ALLIANCE TO JOIN COUNTRY WITH IGBOS.

WE SAW THAT WITH SUNDAY IGBOHO.
ASPIRE to be igbos? who wants to be FIFTH class citizens of nigeria A Camerounian has more rights in nigeria than igbos.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:43pm On Jan 16, 2022
tiger28:
Sooo the ones daily abusing their indigene hosts about being landlords over their hosts, uttering word's like "no man's land'[every nook and crany in Africa has an indigene, having FREE ACCESS to these places as a Nigerian doesn't make you an indigene, same way a hausa cannot say he is an indigene of Aba].........The igbos are JUST in all these places in NIgeria for SURVIVAL from hunger and NOT for patriotism abeg!!!

The average Igbo man goes about his business and respects the indigenes of the land. He goes about adding value to any society where he finds himself and also assimilate as much as possible.

The Igbos who do what you said are idiots and not a significant number when you compare to the ones who don't.

So I maintain that it is not a good enough reason to perpetually refrain Igbos from steering the affairs of a country where they are a major ethnic group (one of 4 or 5).

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by hammer567: 12:43pm On Jan 16, 2022
tiger28:
ASPIRE to be igbos? who wants to be FIFTH class citizens of nigeria A Camerounian has more rights in nigeria than igbos.

AFTER NIGERIA AND WITHOUT IGBOS, WHAT OTHER PURPOSE DO YOU HAVE IN LIFE AS A YORUBA MAN?

ANSWER THAT SIMPLE QUESTION.

ALL YOU DO IS CRY ABOUT IGBOS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDZ5y8TvIqo

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by aribisala0(m): 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2022
DubaiLandLord:

Very good question which they dishonourably ignore

2 Likes

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:45pm On Jan 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

I'm not a politician let them.play their game
We the Igbo middle class just need to milking Nigeria

Fair enough.

But remember that if the lopsidedness continues, the cow that you're milking can be targeted and its udder cut off (using wicked policies).

Cheers anyways.
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by sirp9898(m): 12:45pm On Jan 16, 2022
TheRealestGuy:

Lol.

I created this thread chief.

You are confusing me with the guy who you quoted in the first instance.
Whether it is u or not start the campaign against insults in nairaland and Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Breaking :El-rufai attacks Tinubu again / LP Wins Polling Unit 025, Sabon Garri, Kano State / Okonjo-Iweala: Is She The Messiah We Are Waiting For, Or Do We Look For Another?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.