Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,778 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? (6356 Views)

Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest / Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani / Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by Flamemignon1(m): 3:00pm On Jan 18, 2022
LLiKYekoba:

How pretty is that your aunty? Maybe she was afraid the fit guy was attracting other girls like bees to honey. grin
Nah, not just her, even my mum and other girlfriends I know. Also women are more attracted to your emotional side than your physical form

1 Like

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by LLiKYekoba: 3:36pm On Jan 18, 2022
Flamemignon1:

Nah, not just her, even my mum and other girlfriends I know. Also women are more attracted to your emotional side than your physical form

You dey jonse your sef. If you like go marry monkey wey go born gorrilla for you. Your village people go laugh you tire. cheesy
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by Flamemignon1(m): 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
LLiKYekoba:

You dey jonse your sef. If you like go marry monkey wey go born gorrilla for you. Your village people go laugh you tire. cheesy
It's a fact man, take down a survey yourself
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by Daveconsult007: 8:39pm On Jan 18, 2022
Aufbauh:

Okoro, when has investment outside one's locality culminates to an act of patriotism?
They're simply investing for values and returns.
So we should conclude that all those who invested in Dubai are patriotic to UAE.

Pls check the dictionary meaning of Patriotism.
It's simply Love for ones country.
You & I know that this is not true about those that consistently refer to their own country as 'Zoo', detest & defile constituted authorities of their own country.

So those who can't put their resources across other ethnic area have patriotism?

What can be more valuable to humanity if not resources both human and material?

So Hausa and fulanis who can't bring out their money to buy land and do cow business in my land have patriotism?

I hold ibos for what they do not what they say.

Patriotism is an action not a verbel expression, ibos match theirs with their hard earned money

1 Like

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 18, 2022
hammer567:
THIS IS NOW OLD AND OUT-DATED AFONJA PROPAGANDA.

THE PRESIDENCY OF 2023, CAN ONLY COME FROM THE SE REGION, OTHERWISE GOOD BYE NIGERIA.

The traditional chest beating in full force. Reminds me of "no force in Africa..." talk by one Igbo that bolted to Cote d'ivoire in the heat of battle.
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by Aufbauh(m): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
Daveconsult007:

Patriotism is an action not a verbel expression, ibos match theirs with their hard earned money

Patriotism is in words and in deed.
It's not a product that you can buy with money.
The fact that I'd lived and have invested in a place doesn't translate to patriotic act. In most cases its purely a liveable decision.

People who demean it own country and calls it all kinds of derogatory name like zoo, burned down govt properties and kill security agencies, openly professed not to be Nigerian can never be square up as patriotic.
FYI, we live with them just like every other tribes in the country so we know them.

Maybe you should look for another fable to justify their patriotism & not the standpoint of living in every nooks and crannies of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by sirp9898(m): 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2022
Ovamboland:

You are still playing the Zik playbook of God of Africa made the Ibo to be leaders and liberator of Africa that has put you in the current predicament. The lie is seem in your inability to excel in the little enclave given to you to manage.

It's not a curse but your situation will take a very long time to get solution

As long as you people is holding Igbo's backward you peoples is also backward.
Learn to liberate yourselves by standing a lone without Igbo's to help you.
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by MDM2021: 11:30am On Apr 24, 2022
omoharry:
When it comes to the two ethnic group that throws jabs at one another online ,the Igbos and the Yorubas have thier own fair share of abusing one another. So ,dont start with only the Jabs that have be thrown against the Yorubas by the Igbos, without capturing some horrible jabs that have been thrown at the Igbo by the Yorubas.
Stop playing the victim here- as if both ethnic group have not be at each others throat since 2015. If you know you don't have the stomach for unecessary insult, then your guys must stop throwing insulting statement all over the place just to annoy the other ethnic group. Don't you know it pinches them as much as it does to you ?
So, when it comes to insulting one another online , both the Igbos and the Yorubas are guilty of horrible comments against the other ethnic group .
However, that are not the reasons why people are skeptical of the Igbo presidency.
I think some of them as as follows:
1) Pro-Divsion advocate: I feel other ethnic group don't believe the Igbos will unit Nigerians, becos they are Pro-dis-integration of the country ,which the elite from the north don't want to hear.They feel that through an Igbo presidency, Nigeria can easily divide .

(2) Lack of Unity : The Igbos are not united . They don't have that unity of purpose to support a choosen & credible candidate among them, without allowing thier Ego and pride to get in the way .E.g Atiku/Peter Obis' case .

3) Past Sins: They still have not been forgiven for the killings of thier leaders in the first Republic.( Though the north have done worse than the Igbos and they still get elected ,so what is thier own) The general north still hold majority of the vote and nobody would want to risk thier ticket with an ethnic group that is not in good terms with the north .
4) No national figure from the Igbo extraction had been tested and praised by his works. Just like Osibanjo from the S.W. He managed to showed his leadership skills with the little time he was given to lead the country. On the other hand , most of the Igbo leaders from both APC & PDP have been a big disappointment and leave less to he desired .
The only person from the SE I know is Peter Obi &Umahi from PDP . Obi, Who is known on a national level becos of the last presidential election as a VP to Atiku. Umahi on the other hand, is good but he is not known on a national level.
Aside from these two ,the rest contenders, especially from the APC party are nothing to right home about .They are a complete disaster just like our other politicians.

There will be unity in the Southern Nigeria the day every trible learn to stay and survive in their regions or the day those resident in another people's region stop saying that their host's land is a no-man's land.
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by MDM2021: 11:32am On Apr 24, 2022
sirp9898:

As long as you people is holding Igbo's backward you peoples is also backward.
Learn to liberate yourselves by standing a lone without Igbo's to help you.

You can only say that to those trooping to your region for survival.
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by MDM2021: 11:41am On Apr 24, 2022
Daveconsult007:

So those who can't put their resources across other ethnic area have patriotism?

What can be more valuable to humanity if not resources both human and material?

So Hausa and fulanis who can't bring out their money to buy land and do cow business in my land have patriotism?

I hold ibos for what they do not what they say.

Finance and Investment 101, you invest where your investment can be secured in addition to bringing returns. Those who invest in an insecure environment though may have high returns are only playing with fire. Why should someone have a fertile ground but will be contemplating of going to lease a land in the desert for cultivation, a land that is even abhorred by its owners? Are they doing land by barter?
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by citizenY(m): 11:41am On Apr 24, 2022
olisaEze:
Politics in Nigeria is a 'winner takes all' affair. The igbos as astute in marketing as they are, don’t know how to market themselves in politics, that’s why. You can either be President or you can choose to keep fighting for a phantom country, but u can’t have both! "The Yoruba are snakes and come from a brown roof republic", "the Hausas are murderers", "the Middle-belters are Fulani enablers", "the South-South are living in Biafraland". You’ll always stand alone when ure a know it all, that’s a fact! If the Igbo want support from the rest of the country, let them build bridges and not cheer as MNK burns them to the ground.

You got it.

We shall use our PVC to protect ourselves from the insolence. Dem never win be dat o. If dem win nko?

DEM GO SHIT FOR OUR HEAD, I TELL YOU.
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by MDM2021: 11:46am On Apr 24, 2022
okeyfrank:
Envy, hatred and jealousy

They know that the Igbos are far more intelligent, more industrious, more achieving

Igbo presidency will have to reverse their age-long action of 'keeping the Igbos down at all cost'

But they fail to see the opportunity in allowing the Igboman to lead Nigeria to their God's given greatness for the good of all..

Nomatter how bad Nigeria gets to, Igboman would definitely succeed better than any other tribe in Nigeria.

Shame!!!

Then use your most intelligence to get what you want.
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by citizenY(m): 12:11pm On Apr 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

U can't market yourself to people who fear ,envy and are intimated by how successful you are

You cannot be claim to be successful, if what you are fighting for is beyond you by your own default and you now want it through the backdoor....

You, Mr Vitalis are the worst exhibition of the product you want to sell.... Too bad.
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by citizenY(m): 12:17pm On Apr 24, 2022
TheRealestGuy:

Yes I agree that some Igbos can be very boastful and is full of himself especially when he's successful.

I also agree that denigrating other ethnic groups is unacceptable and I mentioned this in another comment that this can cause disaffection (even though Igbos also received their fair share of this denigration).

However, should this be the reason for intense hate to the extent of targeting them during riots or an Oba threatening their entire existence?

Every ethnic group has a stereotype and some form of weakness or Achilles heel that others really dislike (for example I could talk about Yorubas being cunning and not standing for principles or the Idoma/Ijaws being drunks - however these are mainly stereotypesthat do not necessarily hold as truth).

Talking about ethnic bigotry, we all know that all ethnic groups in Nigeria are guilty of this and this didn't make one group refuse to vote another based off of their ethnicity alone.

The part about Jonathan's administration is pure nonsense so I won't bother to comment on it.

You are sitting on the fence and it is not helping your case. Your folks Don spoil market tey tey....

Better join them or just vanish... literally. It is an irredeemable situation.

1 Like

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by mrvitalis(m): 12:25pm On Apr 24, 2022
citizenY:

You cannot be claim to be successful, if what you are fighting for is beyond you by your own default and you now want it through the backdoor....

You, Mr Vitalis are the worst exhibition of the product you want to sell.... Too bad.
Product? Nigerians are the ones struggling to sale Nigeria to Igbos
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by citizenY(m): 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

Product? Nigerians are the ones struggling to sale Nigeria to Igbos

And who is selling presidency to Nigerians? By fire by force?
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by mrvitalis(m): 12:38pm On Apr 24, 2022
citizenY:

And who is selling presidency to Nigerians? By fire by force?
Nigerians say it's turn of Igbos to produce president only if we present credible Candidates which we have in Peter obi and umiah ...this two candidates have been reaching out to Nigerians

Now let's see the excuse Nigerians would give for not making an Igbo man president come 2023
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by citizenY(m): 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

Nigerians say it's turn of Igbos to produce president only if we present credible Candidates which we have in Peter obi and umiah ...this two candidates have been reaching out to Nigerians

Now let's see the excuse Nigerians would give for not making an Igbo man president come 2023

Follow the process, party primaries first. And remember We and not you decides who is credible. Its a long hard road to travel.... not with the baggage you are carrying
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by mrvitalis(m): 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2022
citizenY:

Follow the process, party primaries first. And remember We and not you decides who is credible. Its a long hard road to travel.... not with the baggage you are carrying
That's Nigerians business ooh ..after may 29th next year and Igbo man is not president then we would know the next step to follow
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by citizenY(m): 1:17pm On Apr 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

That's Nigerians business ooh ..after may 29th next year and Igbo man is not president then we would know the next step to follow

A democrat should accept outcomes. What if your candidate does not win?

With this blackmail, just give us a president. Right away. My vote is for Kanu. If not I will also follow the next step
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by mrvitalis(m): 1:26pm On Apr 24, 2022
citizenY:

A democrat should accept outcomes. What if your candidate does not win?

With this blackmail, just give us a president. Right away. My vote is for Kanu. If not I will also follow the next step
We never said give us president , we all only saying respect agreement we all reached in 1999 ....

We have always known we are not loved and appreciated in Nigeria reason we want our own nation 2023 would prove that idea right or wrong
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by citizenY(m): 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

We never said give us president , we all only saying respect agreement we all reached in 1999 ....

We have always known we are not loved and appreciated in Nigeria reason we want our own nation 2023 would prove that idea right or wrong

You and who reached an agreement? Let me have a copy.
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by mrvitalis(m): 1:41pm On Apr 24, 2022
citizenY:

You and who reached an agreement? Let me have a copy.
You and who reach agreement that power should come down to south ?
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by sirp9898(m): 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2022
MDM2021:

You can only say that to those trooping to your region for survival.

But you understand my msg?
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by jude79(m): 7:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
Aufbauh:
The simple reason is that we've seen through their actions and words that they're are Democratic in nature.
They have shown over the time that they lack most of the Democratic tendencies to govern a multiethnic and multi religious country like Nigeria.

Again we don't really know what they want going by their disposition. Today it's Biafra or death, then tomorrow it's Nigeria president.

Also they are the least patriotic tribe in Nigeria to be entrusted the highest office of the nation.

We've seen were the patriotic ones left Nigeria ( poverty capital of the world) so much for patriotism, a people that are afraid of investing anywhere in Nigeria, apart from their region, are now calling igboes that have faith in investing in any part of Nigeria, non patriotic, continue, you are really doing well in deceiving your self.
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by jude79(m): 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2022
aribisala0:
Eboes did not vote a Yoruba ,at any time

Spare that story for the gods.

You contested against Obasanjo and were defeated.

So why don't you contest against Tinubu or whoever and defeat them.

If you are successful in clinching the tickets of PDP AND APC then see if Nigerians will vote for you

Do not make false comparisons

You MUST COMPETE AT THE PARTY LEVEL and clinch tickets there . Do not expect any party to gift you their candidacy because you are Eboe

You are too young to know when igboes voted yorubas, it's go outside and play.
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by jude79(m): 7:44pm On Apr 24, 2022
TheRealestGuy:

Your comments in quotes are simply banter that we all do to each other.

Similar to "Igbo man fit sell him family or use him mama for rituals, dem too like money". These banks should not form basis of treating them like second class citizens and keeping them away from the presidency perpetually.

The average hausa-fualni has been killing Igbos and other southerners since the 1950s for one flimsy reason or another. This did not make Igbos to not vote Yar'adua or hate Atiku.

About Igbos not "knowing how to market themselves in politics" the thing is that the average Igbo man does not conform to herd thinking and tries to be as republican in nature as possible. Also, I'm not sure what marketing Yar'adua ever did or GEJ, for them to be elected presidents.

What you said looks simple to the eye but, a lot of wisdom and perception is embedded into it, your observations are too notch, Republican nature of the igboes, no herd mentality, apt observations.

1 Like

Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by adekolaelect(m): 8:14pm On Apr 24, 2022
Bcs they are greedy ,unfriendly and not loyal to the project " Nigeria"
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by Aufbauh(m): 4:02am On Apr 25, 2022
jude79:

We've seen were the patriotic ones left Nigeria ( poverty capital of the world) so much for patriotism, a people that are afraid of investing anywhere in Nigeria, apart from their region, are now calling igboes that have faith in investing in any part of Nigeria, non patriotic, continue, you are really doing well in deceiving your self.

Ndo!
Investing in every part of the country is a business decision borne out of the desire for personal gain, and not necessarily a patriotic act.

FYI,people still invest in Iraq,Syria, Libya etc.
The fact that some Palestinians still invest in Is real & vise versa doesn't show that the believe in the Nationhood.

It's same way you guys claimed to have invested in other Africa countries so investing in Nigeria shouldn't be the yardstick for ur false patriotism.
Even the Olowu of Iwo corroborated this recently.
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by haslaw(m): 10:12am On Apr 25, 2022
TheRealestGuy:

By default?

Who measures the indices for this your default?

I dare say that Zik of Africa was one of the best political leaders and admistrators Nigeria ever had.

As a matter of fact, it was his nationalistic outlook and idealist principles that made him lose to other more tribalistic leaders like Awo and Ahmadu Bello in the scheme of things at the time.

Your reason is not only awkward but a figment of your imagination.

Pls stop smoking mkporu miri.

Which Zik are you speaking of. The same tribalistic bitter that almost turned Nigeria upside down just so that Ojukwu would emerge the governor of eastern region.
Re: Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? by pchukwudi: 10:30am On Apr 25, 2022
Wicked hypocrite.

How many bridges did the South West build with the Igbo's and the other groups to have Obasanjo emerge in 99?

Was it the bridge he built in prison that made Ekweume to step down for him in the primaries? For someone who could not even build a single bridge in his SW region which he lost colossally?

Is it only when Igbo presidency is mentioned that you clowns remember bridge building garbage?

Hypocrites. Where is your sense of equity and fairness?

olisaEze:
Politics in Nigeria is a 'winner takes all' affair. The igbos as astute in marketing as they are, don’t know how to market themselves in politics, that’s why. You can either be President or you can choose to keep fighting for a phantom country, but u can’t have both! "The Yoruba are snakes and come from a brown roof republic", "the Hausas are murderers", "the Middle-belters are Fulani enablers", "the South-South are living in Biafraland". You’ll always stand alone when ure a know it all, that’s a fact! If the Igbo want support from the rest of the country, let them build bridges and not cheer as MNK burns them to the ground.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Adebayo Alao Akala: A Disgrace To Nigeria / Lagos Live / How Colonial Powers Empowered The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.