Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,035 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? (6508 Views)

Vote An Aspirant That Has Capacity To Win Election - Maduka 'MR Evidence' Says / Salihu Garba: Northerners Will Pick Atiku Over Tinubu Any Day / Northerners Will Not Vote For Buhari In 2019 – Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Bounceboune7: 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2022
michael77777:

You carry this matter for head...

What will be your gain if Igbo losses in 2023?....you will still work before you eat, you will still pay school fees, you will still buy fuel at higher price...so what will you really gain?

We don't really care... whether we lose or win it's non of our problems..

We are still the ones rulling Nigeria economically till eternity

ruling economically with 2 by 2 shop abi
U aren't even among d 10 richest people in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Bounceboune7: 8:53pm On Jan 16, 2022
Ojiofor:

You mean Igbo like Orji Uzo Kalu and Okorocha hate muslim?
Have any Igbo ever attacked a muslim based on his religion?
igbos have attacked many based on religion

U hate Muslims big time

5 Likes

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2022
Bounceboune7:

That's the bitter truth son, you need to swallow it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Bounceboune7: 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2022
xelly:

I don't have candidate yet. But to be sincere with you, I will NEVER vote Tinubu.
who cares if u vote for shekau

Live n let live,vote whoever u want

5 Likes

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by xelly: 9:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
Bounceboune7:
who cares if u vote for shekau

Live n let live,vote whoever u want

I will Sure vote my candidate. My request is that you consider candidate's pedigree before voting. Nigeria is on fire. Stop adding fuel to fire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Ojiofor: 9:08pm On Jan 16, 2022
Bounceboune7:
igbos have attacked many based on religion

U hate Muslims big time

And muslims have not attacked Igbos?
Me and my brothers have to relocate from Kano as a result of constant attacks on Igbo/christian community in the North.
With what Bokoharam has done to christians and still doing to them in Bornu state you still have the gut to accuse Igbos of attacking muslim.
Do you even know how many tens of thousands of Igbo refugees that ranaway from Bornu as a result of attacks by muslim terrorist groups?
You don't count that as hate right?It is love you guys have been giving to Igbo since 1914.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Ojiofor: 9:09pm On Jan 16, 2022
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Oyinlomobambam(m): 9:09pm On Jan 16, 2022
November1857:
Lol, Since you can't trust them with presidency, then allow them to have their separate country as being requested by them..... You can't continue doing business with someone you don't trust..

Who's holding Igbo to leave?

Start holding your leader in corridor of power responsible if you want leave.

Let them present it in the house

3 Likes

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by God1stson(m): 9:15pm On Jan 16, 2022
Bounceboune7:
millions kwa?
The ones u victimize everyday n even burn their mosques Abi?

D question is do igbos love Muslims?

Yes or no

I am an igbo and I will give u the answer straight up nobody cares wether u be Muslim or christian so long as u are peace loving and ready to do business. I have many Muslims northerners doing their menial jobs like cobler, suya and they have been around for like 15yrs now. Making money don't enter their blood like the igbo pple. But the only time I have noticed fracass na when one JJC from maiduguri wey dey ride keke enter NSK come they show dagger anyhow, dem beat am to pulp na police save am. We are cool with peace loving people, but if u come with all these northern suprimacy mindset, then e go rain 4 ur head. We don't treat people bad on the basis of religion infact when I won repair shoe na aboki I dey meet because they are always sincere and considerate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by God1stson(m): 9:24pm On Jan 16, 2022
Bounceboune7:
leave unnecessary story

Yes or no?
There is something u want to hear and you will hear the whisper from Satan very soon.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Bounceboune7: 9:27pm On Jan 16, 2022
God1stson:

There is something u want to hear and you will hear the whisper from Satan very soon.
yes or no?
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by God1stson(m): 9:40pm On Jan 16, 2022
asanausana91:
The answer is nooooo. You cannot threaten and kill northerners then expect the same northerners to vote for you.
The igbos decided not to vote for Buhari two times but he won, that shows that in 2031 if the south east decided not to support the north, the north will still win. Therefore the north don't need the south east to win a presidential election.

I will still not vote for him even if my body resurrect again, my spirit will whisper to it never vote an Iredimable failure. We loved Musa Yaradua, infact I consider him the best thing we never had 4 so long. Problem with most of u guys is that u fail to understand what majority of the Igbos stand for. Anything that doesn't represent liberalism, equity and fairness then count the Igbos out. And your Buhari does not have these credentials.Igbos don't pretend when it comes to the aforementioned factors that's why other Nigeria view them as stubborn and disrespectful but that is his intrinsic make up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Penguin2: 9:49pm On Jan 16, 2022
God1stson:

I will still not vote for him even if my body resurrect again, my spirit will whisper to it never vote an Iredimable failure. We loved Musa Yaradua, infact I consider him the best thing we never had 4 so long. Problem with most of u guys is that u fail to understand what majority of the Igbos stand for. Anything that doesn't represent liberalism, equity and fairness then count the Igbos out. And your Buhari does not have these credentials.Igbos don't pretend when it comes to the aforementioned factors that's why other Nigeria view them as stubborn and disrespectful but that is his intrinsic make up.

You are true Igbo son.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by God1stson(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2022
Bounceboune7:
yes or no?

It's neither here nor there depending on what u come up with. Read my earlier post. We are not pretenders if we don't like a thing we tell u to u face, but if I say Igbos hate Muslim as u wish to hear then it will not represent the true picture on ground.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Modernizer: 9:59pm On Jan 16, 2022
freegaza:
You guys think all these insults are only online and the Northerner on the street doesn't know, right? Lol

Just go to Facebook where there are alot of Northerners, search for a Hausa news outlet BBC HAUSA, DW HAUSA, AMINIYA, LEADERSHIP HAUSA or DAILY NIGERIAN HAUSA and then look for a news that is talking about IPOB. Translate the comments and you will see that the hatred for Igbos is second to none.

The Igbos have burned bridges even if they should start building now it will certainly take time, more than the time it took for the completion of the second Niger bridge

when did the igbos burn those bridges?

has there ever been a time you weren't burning igbo shops and killing igbos.
So when did you love igbos?

My dear, the op na cruise, we know the hate in your hearts is real. But guess what, history is full of examples like you. In the end your hate loses.

But with respect to 2023, if buhari a very popular guy still had to rig and intimidate with imported terrorists, then let's go there with tinubu

Igbos will line up behind atiku.

Tinubu will never be president

Cc bounceboune7
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by freegaza(m): 10:09pm On Jan 16, 2022
Modernizer:

when did the igbos burn those bridges?

has there ever been a time you weren't burning igbo shops and killing igbos.
So when did you love igbos?

My dear, the op na cruise, we know the hate in your hearts is real. But guess what, history is full of examples like you. In the end your hate loses.

But with respect to 2023, if buhari a very popular guy still had to rig and intimidate with imported terrorists, then let's go there with tinubu

Igbos will line up behind atiku.

Tinubu will never be president

Cc bounceboune7

Anyone the Igbos support will lose. I can bet my life on that. In the end hate loses this is absolutely true!!! We know the most vile and bitter tribe in Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by asanausana91: 10:11pm On Jan 16, 2022
God1stson:

also we will not vote for any Igbo man even at gun point.
Talking about equity? I will just laugh at your lies. In abia state a zoning formula is arranged but Abaribe decided to contest even when he knows that it is not the turn of his zone. Is that the type of equity you are talking about?
We have 6 political zone in the country, two from the south has already ruled while only one in the north that rule,why didn't you guys allow north central to contest so that it will be 2 / 2?
Also, since the commencement of democracy in 1999, the south has ruled for 14 years while the north only have 10 years by 2023, why didn't you allow the north to have another 4 years so that there will be equity (14 / 14)?

3 Likes

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Modernizer: 10:16pm On Jan 16, 2022
freegaza:

Anyone the Igbos support will lose. I can bet my life on that. In the end hate loses this is absolutely truth!!! We know the most vile and bitter tribe in Nigeria

the igbos supported jonathan in 2015, the north supported buhari...
is the joke not on you?
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Modernizer: 10:18pm On Jan 16, 2022
asanausana91:
Talking about equity? I will just laugh at your lies. In abia state a zoning formula is arranged but Abaribe decided to contest even when he knows that it is not the turn of his zone. Is that the type of equity you are talking about?
We have 6 political zone in the country, two from the south has already ruled while only one in the north that rule,why didn't you guys allow north central to contest so that it will be 2 / 2?
Also, since the commencement of democracy in 1999, the south has ruled for 14 years while the north only have 10 years by 2023, why didn't you allow the north to have another 4 years so that there will be equity (14 / 14)?

Mention one precedent for a region continuing to rule after 8 straight years

Do you solve injustice with another injustice
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Modernizer: 10:20pm On Jan 16, 2022
Bounceboune7:

Yes we're not among the 10 richest, but go to all.our villages ...ALL... our 2x2 shop owners have better villages than the 10 richest.

Your region glorifies uneven distribution of wealth, igbos divide wealth evenly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by freegaza(m): 10:27pm On Jan 16, 2022
Modernizer:

the igbos supported jonathan in 2015, the north supported buhari...
is the joke not on you?

And who won?

2 Likes

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Modernizer: 10:33pm On Jan 16, 2022
freegaza:

And who won?

Sorry I meant 2011, Jonathan buhari first match up
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Kyase(m): 10:46pm On Jan 16, 2022
Penguin2:
Please, This question is directed strictly to northerners and I would love it if none northerners stay away and let’s get the honest pulse of northerners about an Igbo presidency.

With that said, to my question, by north, I’m talking about Hausas, Fulanis, Tiv, Igala, Nupe, etc. The people from Southwest seem to have made themselves the spokespersons for the north, insisting that the north won’t vote an Igbo man as president but ironically the north has never said so themselves.

So, even though I think we do not have many northerners on this forum, I do believe we have a handful of them. Please help bring us to bay of the reality of northern sentiment towards an Igbo man occupying the highest seat in the land. Can you people vote for Umahi or Peter Obi or Pius Anyim or Orji Kalu, or is the narrative true that you dread an Igbo man in power?

Or would you rather vote a Yoruba man instead of assuaging the tension in the East over clamour for equity and fairness and justice?

Once again, non-northerners should not derail this thread let’s get the unfiltered opinion of northerners.

Lalasticlala
Arewa
Lovenorth
Asgard
As a Tiv guy
YES I will under a certain condition
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by GeneralOjukwu: 10:46pm On Jan 16, 2022
Northerners would NEVER vote for yeebos for the next century.

I have said it, it's the bitter truth that yeebos refuse to believe.

ONLY Yoruba can insist on Yeebos getting Presidency and North would blink.

That's the blatant truth. They NEVER forgave Yeebos for the 1966 coup. Nnamdi Kanu et al are just cementing their negative opinion of yeebos for the next 100 years. He is just continuing the distrust that Nzeugwo et al earned for yeebos for 100 years.

The Yorubas Yeebos hate the most are the very ones who give them the most fair treatment.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Penguin2: 11:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
Kyase:

As a Tiv guy
YES I will under a certain condition

What are your conditions sir?
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by wiseone28: 11:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
asanausana91:
I'm from south south.

If i may asked which region have been ruling Nigeria the most since independent?

Or those year don't count it is now from 99 that you guys start counting who rules Nigeria.

I may not support igbo but comments i am reading is just laughable.

You guys are talking about igbo loving Muslim

Do Muslim loves christians?

I served at Katsina though there are churches in some LGA but dare not put a church sign post and you will only get permit to use microphones.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Bnladan(m): 11:08pm On Jan 16, 2022
November1857:
Lol, Since you can't trust them with presidency, then allow them to have their separate country as being requested by them..... You can't continue doing business with someone you don't trust..
I absolutely want them to have their separate country, but d problem is dat we can't have a country within another country. Does "a dot in a circle" ring a bell?

5 Likes

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by wiseone28: 11:11pm On Jan 16, 2022
Bnladan:

I absolutely want them to have their separate country, but d problem is dat we can't have a country within another country. Does "a dot in a circle" ring a bell?
Lesotho and Swaziland are inside the ocean?

The only obstacle with igbo country is us the south south.

We don't want to follow them and still end up with another version of Nigeria.

We prefer our own country.

Igbo too is their own undoing with their chest beating character.

They want to take south south by land grabbing and forced identity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Bounceboune7: 11:12pm On Jan 16, 2022
PeaceNexus:
This is a faceless forum and I just wonder how you want to sift comments from other regions outside North.

The highest population of people in the North asides Hausas are Igbos. The highest population of people in the East aside Igbos are Hausas. They will vote for Igbos. Don't forget that we have alot of reasonable Hausas who see beyond what people in the West write and propagate. They live with the Igbos in peace
the same northerners u want to stop their goods from entering d east abi?

The same northerners that u believe they are responsible for all your problem, see the way u embarrass buhari everyday that u even pitched him against Twitter by pushing him to d wall.

U think northerners are blind to how u igbos are paying international media to rubbish buhari.

The same way u love buhari now is d same way northerners will love u back

5 Likes

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by pointblank247(m): 11:20pm On Jan 16, 2022
People get time ooo

1 Like

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by wiseone28: 11:20pm On Jan 16, 2022
Bounceboune7:
the same northerners u want to stop their goods from entering d east abi?

The same northerners that u believe they are responsible for all your problem, see the way u embarrass buhari everyday that u even pitched him against Twitter by pushing him to d wall.

U think northerners are blind to how u igbos are paying international media to rubbish buhari.

The same way u love buhari now is d same way northerners will love u back
When Jonathan was the president which northerners loved him?

Even Buhari that has failed the country you guys will never talk ill about him.

But you guys were talking nonsense with Jonathan that he is not fighting boko haram enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Bounceboune7: 11:21pm On Jan 16, 2022
wiseone28:
When Jonathan was the president which northerners loved him?

Even Buhari that has failed the country you guys will never talk ill about him.

But you guys were talking nonsense with Jonathan that he is not fighting boko haram enough.
the same love u igbos showed buhari is what they will replicate to u come 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

u.s. Dismantles International Credit Card, Identity Theft Ring Of Nigerians / Naeto C's Father-in-law Battles Step-son, Dilly Over Business Deals / Video: Angry Biafran Youths Destroying The Nigerian Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.