Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? (6517 Views)

Vote An Aspirant That Has Capacity To Win Election - Maduka 'MR Evidence' Says / Salihu Garba: Northerners Will Pick Atiku Over Tinubu Any Day / Northerners Will Not Vote For Buhari In 2019 – Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by HarunaWest(m): 11:29pm On Jan 16, 2022
Penguin2:
Please, This question is directed strictly to northerners and I would love it if non northerners stay away and let’s get the honest pulse of northerners about an Igbo presidency.

With that said, to my question, by north, I’m talking about Hausas, Fulanis, Tiv, Igala, Nupe, etc. The people from Southwest seem to have made themselves the spokespersons for the north, insisting that the north won’t vote an Igbo man as president but ironically the north has never said so themselves.

So, even though I think we do not have many northerners on this forum, I do believe we have a handful of them. Please help bring us to bay of the reality of northern sentiment towards an Igbo man occupying the highest seat in the land. Can you people vote for Umahi or Peter Obi or Pius Anyim or Orji Kalu, or is the narrative true that you dread an Igbo man in power?

Or would you rather vote a Yoruba man instead of assuaging the tension in the East over clamour for equity and fairness and justice?

Once again, non-northerners should not derail this thread let’s get the unfiltered opinion of northerners.

Lalasticlala
Arewa
Lovenorth
Asgard
If the Igbos were to present an Amaechi or Ogbonnaya Onu, we might tilt towards them. These two can be trusted, cant say for the rest. These two have built bridges and the North doesn't forget.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by wiseone28: 11:30pm On Jan 16, 2022
Bounceboune7:
the same love u igbos showed buhari is what they will replicate to u come 2023
I'm not Igbo i am from Aks.

If Yoruba didn't vote Buhari do you think he would have win?

As long as we are Nigerian and black we are all guilty of playing tribe card except we have something to gain from the other person.

Yoruba voted Buhari because of osibanjo.

Thou i usually don't vote cos i don't see anybody that merits my vote in Nigeria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Ovamboland(m): 1:26am On Jan 17, 2022
xelly:

Well, I know that a fool is one that does the same thing over and over and expect different result.

The KOWA woman is not Igbo, just to tell you how we think. If you present Orji Uzor and Okorocha, Igbos will reject them. If you have any wrong done by Peter Obi, show it and stop spreading hate. Ebonyi State Governor is interested in contesting. Can you check his record and transformations in Ebonyi State?

If Abia State Governor still declare interest and he is to contest against Sowore, Sowore will get much votes in Abia State compared to the Governor.

Atiku who Obasanjo said is a thief got all your votes in an election Sowore, Oby and Mighalu also contested

Stop deceiving yourself

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by GodIsBiafran: 1:42am On Jan 17, 2022
Any Igbo that begs an almajiri for political support is a bastard. You do not deserve to call yourself Igbo. Shame on you. What is our business with almajiri? Light and darkness have no relation.

4 Likes

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by ablejesus26(m): 1:45am On Jan 17, 2022
Bounceboune7:
do igbos like muslims?

You obviously have finished yourself with nairaland tribal gbasgbos ��
Oga an Igboman has no business with your religion,all he just wants to do is do his business and excel in it.
Can't you just see.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Idiko1: 2:06am On Jan 17, 2022
The same Kano pack of dingbats who shouted "Sai Baba".
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by xelly: 2:45am On Jan 17, 2022
Ovamboland:

Atiku who Obasanjo said is a thief got all your votes in an election Sowore, Oby and Mighalu also contested

Stop deceiving yourself

The way you guys do say this thing (got all the vote) is mind boggling. Are you saying the truth or you want to be mischievous?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by 00FFT00(m): 4:13am On Jan 17, 2022
alhassanyusuf29:
Lol. How do you expect them to comment, when about 90% of Northerners on this forum have been banned by majority nyamuri mods

Anyways, to ur question.. northerners will never vote for a ibo person, it's a no go area.. a taboo!!

Tinubu is definitely the north's candidate in APC

I have no problem with Umahi, as I believe his among the best and effective governor.. but I won't vote for him for the fact that he is Ibo

Says a yoruba Muslim from kwara.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by naija4life247: 7:13am On Jan 17, 2022
Bounceboune7:
how does begging n referendum relate?
If only u know there are homeless people in USA too,so u want to come here n boast that u don't have igbo beggars?

U people are just nothing but empty barrels that makes d best noise,that's y u are stranded in Nigeria with no ally

There are very very few Igbo beggars who are handicapped. No able bodied Igbo man will beg.

Meanwhile, everybody in the North begs. Even your Almajari President called Buhari goes to China, Saudi, US, Europe begging for alms calling it loans because begging is in his DNA. He too was born by the roadside by destitute parents.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by latexxbro(m): 8:19am On Jan 17, 2022
Seeing people writing long epistle to market Tinubu to Nigerians is shockingly disappointing and irritating

Someone who worked to bring Buhari's regime into power and wanting to take over from him just not because he wants to make Nigeria better but because it was his dream to be president

Nigerians tends to be too forgetful of events or maybe we love to suffer

Where is the credility?

Where are the qualities?

Where is the passion to lead?

The worst is that graduates will prefer to vote someone who's academic qualifications are contestible is mind-boggling and ludicrous

Perhaps we are not tired of someone telling us that farming is better than going to school on national TV or that cow business is more lucrative than crude oil
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by asanausana91: 8:49am On Jan 17, 2022
wiseone28:
I'm from south south.

If i may asked which region have been ruling Nigeria the most since independent?

Or those year don't count it is now from 99 that you guys start counting who rules Nigeria.

I may not support igbo but comments i am reading is just laughable.

You guys are talking about igbo loving Muslim

Do Muslim loves christians?

I served at Katsina though there are churches in some LGA but dare not put a church sign post and you will only get permit to use microphones.
first of all iam not a Muslim and I will never be.
Secondly, there is nothing like region during the military rule. If you are talking about region you should know that nobody from the north east has ever rule this country during and after the military rule. South East is even lucky to rule during the military rule but the north east has never rule.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by asanausana91: 8:52am On Jan 17, 2022
Modernizer:

Mention one precedent for a region continuing to rule after 8 straight years

Do you solve injustice with another injustice
if that is the case, then why did Jonathan decided to contest knowingly well that it is the tenure of the north west.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by durangokid: 9:08am On Jan 17, 2022
alhassanyusuf29:
Lol. How do you expect them to comment, when about 90% of Northerners on this forum have been banned by majority nyamuri mods

Anyways, to ur question.. northerners will never vote for a ibo person, it's a no go area.. a taboo!!

Tinubu is definitely the north's candidate in APC

I have no problem with Umahi, as I believe his among the best and effective governor.. but I won't vote for him for the fact that he is Ibo
. You people should continue to open stupid post and comment rubbish trying to create enemity between north and Igbo, it has been the pattern and way Yoruba used to cause problem between ethnic group, most of you here chatting as northerner are Yoruba , even to that, we know Hausa Fulani hated and Igbo man we hate them too, they have always been killing igbis even before 1960, the blood of the Igbo man on the ground in the north will continue to bring cause and hardships to them, even as f them and Yoruba rule for 1000 years, they can not be better than Igbo man, that is the obvious fact, you can. Continue the with your fake data and propaganda and Igbo man knows the truth and care less, a day of reckoning is coming and very soon, this political era for now will teach some people the effects of politics of backstabbing
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by wiseone28: 9:19am On Jan 17, 2022
asanausana91:
Secondly, there is nothing like region during the military rule. If you are talking about region you should know that nobody from the north east has ever rule this country during and after the military rule. South East is even lucky to rule during the military rule but the north east has never rule.
Then when it is time for the north to rule again they should also give the north east a chance
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by asanausana91: 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2022
wiseone28:
Then when it is time for the north to rule again they should also give the north east a chance
this is the time,so that it will be 14/14.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by asanausana91: 5:30pm On Jan 17, 2022
Did the igbos vote for buhari?

1 Like

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by wiseone28: 5:58pm On Jan 17, 2022
asanausana91:
this is the time,so that it will be 14/14.
Good for you guys i don't do politics
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by asanausana91: 6:06pm On Jan 17, 2022
wiseone28:
Good for you guys i don't do politics
OK.thanks

1 Like

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 17, 2022
Modernizer:

when did the igbos burn those bridges?

has there ever been a time you weren't burning igbo shops and killing igbos.
So when did you love igbos?

My dear, the op na cruise, we know the hate in your hearts is real. But guess what, history is full of examples like you. In the end your hate loses.

But with respect to 2023, if buhari a very popular guy still had to rig and intimidate with imported terrorists, then let's go there with tinubu

Igbos will line up behind atiku.

Tinubu will never be president

Cc bounceboune7
You will rather vote people you say kill Ibos and burn Ibo shops? grin

1 Like

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Modernizer: 8:58am On Jan 18, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:
You will rather vote people you say kill Ibos and burn Ibo shops? grin

I'll play a sucker to get a sucker
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by 00FFT00(m): 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2022
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by snitchbitch: 2:47am On Jan 23, 2022
dogs dont eat kolanuts!

nor chocolate!

if you have lived in the north, then you wont even create this thread

nor ask this question!

they northerners are living large and feeling swell and high

you may be thinking BOKO HARAM, ALMAJIRI and other things bla bla bla

but these guys dont care about SOUTHERNERS oh

ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THEMSELVES!
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by ManMountain(m): 10:51am On Jan 23, 2022
00FFT00:

Says a yoruba Muslim from kwara.

Is he a Northerner or not ?
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by JOemmy(m): 12:38pm On Jan 23, 2022
Bounceboune7:
so u want them to vote an igbo man so he can kill all Muslims in Nigeria right?
People who hate Muslims among them n treat them like shit will not hesitate to kill northern Muslims

You are just being delusional how many times have the igbos organized themselves and attacked muslims in nigeria unprovoked like the way ur brothers normally does to igbos living in the north and in their own land down south? The only incident which u guys use to unleash ur age long hate on the igbos is the nzougu coup in 1966 which was purely a military affair.
The best option for peace to reign is for everyone to be on their own and govern themselves the way they want but the greed for the huge natural resources in the south won't allow ur northern leaders to take the right decision, there are so many muslim dominated countries in the world that are doing extremely well today but here in nigeria the fulani muslim north have vehemently refused to do the right thing for their region they instead preferred to make themselves an obstacle to stop the great igbo race from making any political progress in nigeria there by also stopping their own progress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by oyatz(m): 3:20pm On Jan 23, 2022
wiseone28:
I'm not Igbo i am from Aks.

If Yoruba didn't vote Buhari do you think he would have win?

As long as we are Nigerian and black we are all guilty of playing tribe card except we have something to gain from the other person.

Yoruba voted Buhari because of osibanjo.

Thou i usually don't vote cos i don't see anybody that merits my vote in Nigeria.

What about the millions of Yorubas that voted for Jonathan/PDP?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Perfectbeing(m): 4:44pm On Jan 23, 2022
They just need to show the illiterate Northerners the video where Igbos burnt down a mosque in Igbo land and tell the Northerners that an Igbo president will burn all the mosques in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Paretomaster1(m): 5:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
Penguin2:
Please, This question is directed strictly to northerners and I would love it if non northerners stay away and let’s get the honest pulse of northerners about an Igbo presidency.

With that said, to my question, by north, I’m talking about Hausas, Fulanis, Tiv, Igala, Nupe, etc. The people from Southwest seem to have made themselves the spokespersons for the north, insisting that the north won’t vote an Igbo man as president but ironically the north has never said so themselves.

So, even though I think we do not have many northerners on this forum, I do believe we have a handful of them. Please help bring us to bay of the reality of northern sentiment towards an Igbo man occupying the highest seat in the land. Can you people vote for Umahi or Peter Obi or Pius Anyim or Orji Kalu, or is the narrative true that you dread an Igbo man in power?

Or would you rather vote a Yoruba man instead of assuaging the tension in the East over clamour for equity and fairness and justice?

Once again, non-northerners should not derail this thread let’s get the unfiltered opinion of northerners.

Lalasticlala
Arewa
Lovenorth
Asgard

Ain't you even ashame to ask them that question

The level of hate you have for them, daily insults like say tomorrow no dey

Like someone say, the real voters are not online, go to the North, and seek their opinion..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Paretomaster1(m): 5:12pm On Jan 23, 2022
Penguin2:

Don’t lump IPOB excesses on the generality of Ndigbo.

Except you are also willing to lump the excesses of Boko Haram and Bandits on the generality of the north.

Don’t be a 2face.

Besides Igbos have no business with what northerners choose to do in their land. We only care about what they do in our land.

Speaking from both side of the mouth..... Are you people not hailing, and applauding IPOB, for a job well done??

Are you not lumping all BH as Northerners?? So it's "their land", and "our land" now?? And you asking for equality?? Gerraheremehn

1 Like

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by DabuIIIT: 5:14pm On Jan 23, 2022
asanausana91:

Look at what this one is saying?
The north that was one single region after independence?!!

You arewa think we are also cows,abi?!
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Bounceboune7: 5:18pm On Jan 23, 2022
Perfectbeing:
They just need to show the illiterate Northerners the video where Igbos burnt down a mosque in Igbo land and tell the Northerners that an Igbo president will burn all the mosques in Nigeria.
that's all
Igbos never know wetin wan hit them
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by asanausana91: 6:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
DabuIIIT:

Look at what this one is saying?
The north that was one single region after independence?!!

You arewa think we are also cows,abi?!
I would have considered you to be human being if you know the meaning "was" in your statement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rufai Of Arisetv Don Scatter Everywhere, This One Is So Loud Oh Just Watch / Terrorists Damage Bridge At Makera-Rim Road In Plateau / After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.