Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? (6510 Views)

Vote An Aspirant That Has Capacity To Win Election - Maduka 'MR Evidence' Says / Salihu Garba: Northerners Will Pick Atiku Over Tinubu Any Day / Northerners Will Not Vote For Buhari In 2019 – Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by wegevv: 3:17pm On Feb 14, 2023
Penguin2:

So bad to see that you fell for the propagandists.

Peter Obi supporters are not IPOB supporters.

Are Edo, Plateau, Benue people IPOB supporters?

Intelligent people like you should do better than believe those bullshits.

It’s like saying that Atiku is Bandit candidate and I hold that against him. Does it make sense?

If you think the person you're replying to is "intelligent" then I have a bridge to sell you grin

Read their other comments and you will apologise to him for making that false accusation lol
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by QuotaSystem: 3:49pm On Feb 14, 2023
Penguin2:

So bad to see that you fell for the propagandists.

Peter Obi supporters are not IPOB supporters.

Are Edo, Plateau, Benue people IPOB supporters?

Intelligent people like you should do better than believe those bullshits.

It’s like saying that Atiku is Bandit candidate and I hold that against him. Does it make sense?

Dead on arrival.

Have you ever seen Atiku defend bandits like Obi defends IPOB terrorists?

Your renewed attempt to get northern votes after IPOB’s unapologetic rubbish especially against the North has hit a brick wall as usual.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by PeterObi4LP: 4:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
Why is South West threatened by Igbo Presidency?
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Zulum500: 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2023
PeterObi4LP:
Why is South West threatened by Igbo Presidency?

South West is not threatened but you clearly felt the waves 😁

Too much of propaganda is worrying Igbos

4 Likes

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Penguin2: 6:04pm On Feb 14, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

That won't only be a surprise but a miracle as well.

God has not stopped performing miracles, has He?
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Penguin2: 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
QuotaSystem:

Dead on arrival.

Have you ever seen Atiku defend bandits like Obi defends IPOB terrorists?

Your renewed attempt to get northern votes after IPOB’s unapologetic rubbish especially against the North has hit a brick wall as usual.

But has he condemned their activities either?

But it is on record that a lot of MASSOB who refused to hid the voice of reason under Obi governorship were given the supreme punishment for it.

And you still accuse Obi of supporting Biafra?

1 Like

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by QuotaSystem: 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2023
Penguin2:

But has he condemned their activities either?

But it is on record that a lot of MASSOB who refused to hid the voice of reason under Obi governorship were given the supreme punishment for it.

And you still accuse Obi of supporting Biafra?

Absolutely……..💯%.

Peter Obi’s most recent statements are in total support and defense of the Arewa-hating terrorist group.

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by FoolishBoy419: 8:50pm On Feb 14, 2023
Penguin2:

You know, this thing you said has confirmed what I said sometime ago that there would be voter apathy in the north.

I feel like some northerners, if not most, are so disappointed that Buhari failed that they don’t see the reason to participate in elections anymore. They don’t know who to trust anymore.

Meanwhile, do you think Igbos are following Peter Obi because of tribalism and not because of his capacity?

My apathy started in 2019 I think but it is not because of Buhari's failure. My main problem is lack of credible and high quality candidates to vote for. Atiku is a no-go area for me.

The kind of following and support Peter Obi is enjoying from the Igbos is not justifiable. There was nothing special about his tenure in Anambra and with the way they are acting, one would think he isn't among the people that have brought Nigeria to this horrible state. He's an equivalent of Buhari before 2015: overrated. It mostly has to do with tribalism in my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by blabulu2000: 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2023
I wonder how will Seun Oshewa use mostly Nyamairi people as the MOD on this platform..honestly, They have monopolize this platform..only obi supporters can post nonsense on this website and will.not be penalize ...if any other candidate post such, they will automatic be banned
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Mfetenang: 9:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
Cyberterror:
Why will northerners vote for people who call their country a zoo? Igbos are killing northern soldiers and policemen stationed in the east, Igbos are aggressively pursuing division of Nigeria to keep the oil wealth for themselves, you think the north will allow Igbos get an opportunity to cause civil war again with an Ipob stooge in Aso rock?

1 Like

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Mfetenang: 10:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
Which oil wealth do the Igbos have?
I hope you're not joining South South with Igbos because we're not the same people. Yes we're neighbours with the Igbos but we hate them more than the Hausas hate them because they're trying to colonize our oil.
THE NIGER DELTA PEOPLE HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON WITH IGBOS.

1 Like

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Penguin2: 12:04am On Feb 15, 2023
FoolishBoy419:

My apathy started in 2019 I think but it is not because of Buhari's failure. My main problem is lack of credible and high quality candidates to vote for. Atiku is a no-go area for me.

The kind of following and support Peter Obi is enjoying from the Igbos is not justifiable. There was nothing special about his tenure in Anambra and with the way they are acting, one would think he isn't among the people that have brought Nigeria to this horrible state. He's an equivalent of Buhari before 2015: overrated. It mostly has to do with tribalism in my opinion.

Hmmmm!

The problem is that we find it difficult to explain to people like you the wonders Peter Obi performed in Anambra.

For the records, I’m not from Anambra, but Anambra is second Lagos to Igbos. People from all over Igboland are in Anambra doing one business or another.

It was before Peter Obi that insecurity in Anambra was so bad that the then governor, Chinwoke Mbadinuju, had to resort to Bakassi Boys that came and started slaughtering people in Onitsha in the name of curbing insecurity.

Before Peter Obi, Upper Iweka in Onitsha was the most dreaded area for travelers from the West to the East. The robbers there used to operate in broad daylight. If you are traveling and you have not passed Upper Iweka by 7pm, forget it, you will be robbed in Upper Iweka.

Anambra had no roads.

Godfathers reigned supreme to the extent they kidnapped a sitting governor.

Educational system was in shambles.

Health system was failing.

Obi came and turned these things around and all Igbos saw it because we had our people in Anambra for first hand information and not through media propaganda.

So, we are not supporting Obi because of some tribal sentiments but due to conviction in his capacity to deliver.

Ask yourself, do you think Igbos would be doing this if it was Rochas Okorocha, Orji Uzor Kalu, Theodore Orji, Chimaroke Nnamani, and any other failed governors from the East?

1 Like

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Penguin2: 12:07am On Feb 15, 2023
blabulu2000:
I wonder how will Seun Oshewa use mostly Nyamairi people as the MOD on this platform..honestly, They have monopolize this platform..only obi supporters can post nonsense on this website and will.not be penalize ...if any other candidate post such, they will automatic be banned

What’s the nonsense that anyone posted and was not banned 🤔?
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Penguin2: 12:08am On Feb 15, 2023
Mfetenang:
I hope you're not joining South with Igbos because we're not the same people. Yes we're neighbours with the Igbos but we hate them more than the Hausas hate them because they're trying to colonize our oil.

You are not from the South South.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Mfetenang: 3:31am On Feb 15, 2023
Penguin2:

You are not from the South South.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Mfetenang: 3:31am On Feb 15, 2023
Believe whatever you want NR ATTACHEEE.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by ImperialYoruba: 3:45am On Feb 15, 2023
November1857:
Lol, Since you can't trust them with presidency, then allow them to have their separate country as being requested by them..... You can't continue doing business with someone you don't trust..

Who told them to abandon their biafra or death parade?
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by waldigit: 3:46am On Feb 15, 2023
Penguin2:
Please, This question is directed strictly to northerners and I would love it if non northerners stay away and let’s get the honest pulse of northerners about an Igbo presidency.

With that said, to my question, by north, I’m talking about Hausas, Fulanis, Tiv, Igala, Nupe, etc. The people from Southwest seem to have made themselves the spokespersons for the north, insisting that the north won’t vote an Igbo man as president but ironically the north has never said so themselves.

So, even though I think we do not have many northerners on this forum, I do believe we have a handful of them. Please help bring us to bay of the reality of northern sentiment towards an Igbo man occupying the highest seat in the land. Can you people vote for Umahi or Peter Obi or Pius Anyim or Orji Kalu, or is the narrative true that you dread an Igbo man in power?

Or would you rather vote a Yoruba man instead of assuaging the tension in the East over clamour for equity and fairness and justice?

Once again, non-northerners should not derail this thread let’s get the unfiltered opinion of northerners.

Lalasticlala
Arewa
Lovenorth

Asgard
I find difficult to understand the how an homosapiens would be comfortable to the myth around can someone be leader of a society he belongs because of his tribe. It shows many people who think they are smart are just so so dumb. (I am sorry for the choice of words.)
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by FoolishBoy419: 7:46am On Feb 15, 2023
Penguin2:

Hmmmm!

The problem is that we find it difficult to explain to people like you the wonders Peter Obi performed in Anambra.

For the records, I’m not from Anambra, but Anambra is second Lagos to Igbos. People from all over Igboland are in Anambra doing one business or another.

It was before Peter Obi that insecurity in Anambra was so bad that the then governor, Chinwoke Mbadinuju, had to resort to Bakassi Boys that came and started slaughtering people in Onitsha in the name of curbing insecurity.

Before Peter Obi, Upper Iweka in Onitsha was the most dreaded area for travelers from the West to the East. The robbers there used to operate in broad daylight. If you are traveling and you have not passed Upper Iweka by 7pm, forget it, you will be robbed in Upper Iweka.

Anambra had no roads.

Godfathers reigned supreme to the extent they kidnapped a sitting governor.

Educational system was in shambles.

Health system was failing.

Obi came and turned these things around and all Igbos saw it because we had our people in Anambra for first hand information and not through media propaganda.

So, we are not supporting Obi because of some tribal sentiments but due to conviction in his capacity to deliver.

Ask yourself, do you think Igbos would be doing this if it was Rochas Okorocha, Orji Uzor Kalu, Theodore Orji, Chimaroke Nnamani, and any other failed governors from the East?

I will have to verify these claims sha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Penguin2: 7:59am On Feb 15, 2023
FoolishBoy419:

See, everything I said up there is the truth. There even more that I can’t mention because of difficulty in typing.

Do you know that to ensure he repositions the very essence of Anambra, he changed the motto of the state from “Home For All” to “Light of the Nation”.

The argument then was that “Home for All” could as well mean that Anambra was home to armed robbers, kidnappers, and other social irritants.

Forget, Peter Obi is good. You should know that Igbos are not easily fooled.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by NigerianAngelo(m): 8:33am On Feb 15, 2023
Zandena:
We can hesitantly vote a Muslim Igbo as president in 2023! Anything other than that is dead on arrival.
They hates what we love and we love what they hate. So we are on parallel paths that will never meet!
Igbos should tolerate their brethren that do not share the same religious views.
Igbos let's love lead!

Let love lead but you cannot vote a Christian.

Go and tell your people that once we take that power we will never hand it back.

Demons.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Aldol: 8:43am On Feb 15, 2023
FoolishBoy419:

Don't mind the liar....Obi is a failure that want to imposed on Nigeria.....verify from these threads below of when he was a governor

https://www.nairaland.com/934734/peter-obi-killing-anambra-state

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing

https://www.nairaland.com/863236/peter-obi-vs-theodore-orji

2 Likes

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Aldol: 9:08am On Feb 15, 2023
Mfetenang:
I hope you're not joining South South with Igbos because we're not the same people. Yes we're neighbours with the Igbos but we hate them more than the Hausas hate them because they're trying to colonize our oil.
Lol they always attach to you when it favors them but quick to detach themselves from you when it won't favor them.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 9:11am On Feb 15, 2023
Penguin2:

God has not stopped performing miracles, has He?

Nope, he has not. But expecting harmattan in August will be way out of place you know, there is a pattern to the world, a balance it is built on.

1 Like

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Aldol: 10:28am On Feb 15, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Nope, he has not. But expecting harmattan in August will be way out of place you know, there is a pattern to the world, a balance it is built on.
Tell am o

1 Like

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by DeOTR: 10:44am On Feb 17, 2023
xelly:

Well, I know that a fool is one that does the same thing over and over and expect different result.

The KOWA woman is not Igbo, just to tell you how we think. If you present Orji Uzor and Okorocha, Igbos will reject them. If you have any wrong done by Peter Obi, show it and stop spreading hate. Ebonyi State Governor is interested in contesting. Can you check his record and transformations in Ebonyi State?

If Abia State Governor still declare interest and he is to contest against Sowore, Sowore will get much votes in Abia State compared to the Governor.
So how did he become their two-term governor in Abia if they'd rather vote Sowore?
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by effort1: 11:24am On Feb 17, 2023
Bounceboune7:
so u want them to vote an igbo man so he can kill all Muslims in Nigeria right?
People who hate Muslims among them n treat them like shit will not hesitate to kill northern Muslims

The same way northerners killed Igbos because a northerner is president, right?
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by effort1: 11:25am On Feb 17, 2023
Bounceboune7:
do igbos like muslims?

Are Igbos the onee killing Muslims? Are Igbos the herdsmen that have been killing both Christians and Muslims in the north and south?

Are Igbos the bandits collecting tax from farmers in Zamfara?
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Ceenaija(m): 11:27am On Feb 17, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha_FMPgHp0U

Nigerians need solutions to their numerous problems
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Aldol: 11:51am On Feb 23, 2023
effort1:

Are Igbos the onee killing Muslims? Are Igbos the herdsmen that have been killing both Christians and Muslims in the north and south?

Are Igbos the bandits collecting tax from farmers in Zamfara?
See question o
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Aldol: 7:03am On Feb 24, 2023
ImperialYoruba:

Who told them to abandon their biafra or death parade?
Good question
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Aldol: 7:17am On Feb 24, 2023
Bounceboune7:
igbos have attacked many based on religion

U hate Muslims big time
No mind them as if Muslims are not humans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bankole’s Father Cries Out, They Want To Kill My Son / PDP: Akpabio Is Not A Spendthrift, He’s Benevolent, Kind Hearted / The BUHARI We Know - Obasanjo Exposes What Nigerians Don't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.