Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? (6526 Views)

Vote An Aspirant That Has Capacity To Win Election - Maduka 'MR Evidence' Says / Salihu Garba: Northerners Will Pick Atiku Over Tinubu Any Day / Northerners Will Not Vote For Buhari In 2019 – Shettima (2) (3) (4)

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by FoolishBoy419: 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2022
From Kafanchan, Kaduna. There are a few Igbo men that I wouldn't mind voting but at a go, I'd prefer someone from the South West or South South. No one has insulted us like the Igbos since the establishment of Najeriya

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by PeaceNexus(m): 6:26pm On Feb 09, 2022
To say that you are myopic is indeed equitable. If you live in Nigeria let me know which indices of development that has improved such that it would speak well of Buhari's government. There is an Igbo saying .."a good market sells itself"... So what are you talking about?
Bounceboune7:
the same northerners u want to stop their goods from entering d east abi?

The same northerners that u believe they are responsible for all your problem, see the way u embarrass buhari everyday that u even pitched him against Twitter by pushing him to d wall.

U think northerners are blind to how u igbos are paying international media to rubbish buhari.

The same way u love buhari now is d same way northerners will love u back
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by hmohammed(m): 6:29pm On Feb 09, 2022
Penguin2:
Please, This question is directed strictly to northerners and I would love it if non northerners stay away and let’s get the honest pulse of northerners about an Igbo presidency.

With that said, to my question, by north, I’m talking about Hausas, Fulanis, Tiv, Igala, Nupe, etc. The people from Southwest seem to have made themselves the spokespersons for the north, insisting that the north won’t vote an Igbo man as president but ironically the north has never said so themselves.

So, even though I think we do not have many northerners on this forum, I do believe we have a handful of them. Please help bring us to bay of the reality of northern sentiment towards an Igbo man occupying the highest seat in the land. Can you people vote for Umahi or Peter Obi or Pius Anyim or Orji Kalu, or is the narrative true that you dread an Igbo man in power?

Or would you rather vote a Yoruba man instead of assuaging the tension in the East over clamour for equity and fairness and justice?

Once again, non-northerners should not derail this thread let’s get the unfiltered opinion of northerners.

Lalasticlala
Arewa
Lovenorth
Asgard

When I am not crazy. I can never vote for an igbo man. Our vote goes to Tinubu in 2023

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by aribisala0(m): 6:34pm On Feb 09, 2022
Do you know that according to their story when the Israelites left Egypt they wandered in the wilderness for 40 years before reaching the promised land. None of those who left Egypt lived long enough to reach the promised land, only their children

None of those who was alive in 1970 when the Biafra war ended will witness an Eboe presidency

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by QuotaSystem: 9:02pm On Feb 09, 2022
Pre-2015 I’d have had no qualms with voting one, however with IPOB and everything rotten, insultive, provocative & antagonistic that is characteristic of the terrorist group with tacit and overt support of the Igbo majority, I’d honestly rather vote a log of wood.

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by aribisala0(m): 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2022
wiseone28:
I'm not Igbo i am from Aks.

If Yoruba didn't vote Buhari do you think he would have win?

As long as we are Nigerian and black we are all guilty of playing tribe card except we have something to gain from the other person.

Yoruba voted Buhari because of osibanjo.

Thou i usually don't vote cos i don't see anybody that merits my vote in Nigeria.
Yoruba did not vote Buhari because of Osinbajo
They voted Buhari because of Jonathan.
Come 2015 PDP was too weak to help Jonathan in the SW he had no foot soldiers , no structure. He had alienated everyone in the SW

They voted Jonathan in 2011 and he was a failure to all Nigerians

Also Jonathan dismantled the PDP structures in the SW following bad advice allowing Tinubu to grow

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by wiseone28: 9:23pm On Feb 09, 2022
aribisala0:
Yoruba did not vote Buhari because of Osinbajo
They voted Buhari because of Jonathan.
Come 2015 PDP was too weak to help Jonathan in the SW he had no foot soldiers , no structure. He had alienated everyone in the SW

They voted Jonathan in 2011 and he was a failure to all Nigerians

Also Jonathan dismantled the PDP structures in the SW following bad advice allowing Tinubu to grow
Buhari you guys voted back is not a failure or even worst?
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by aribisala0(m): 9:49pm On Feb 09, 2022
wiseone28:
Buhari you guys voted back is not a failure or even worst?
First who is you guys?
If he is a failure that is democracy . He won't be the first or the last elected politician to fail

Plan for the next election with a strategy

Hateful and spiteful talk will change nothing

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by asanausana91: 10:31pm On Feb 09, 2022
Penguin2:

Don’t lump IPOB excesses on the generality of Ndigbo.

Except you are also willing to lump the excesses of Boko Haram and Bandits on the generality of the north.

Don’t be a 2face.

Besides Igbos have no business with what northerners choose to do in their land. We only care about what they do in our land.
the north don't support boko haram or bandits but the igbos are in full support of ipob.
Let me show you prove: as a Northerner iam in support of the military to kill all boko haram and bandits.
Can you say the same thing against ipob?

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by asanausana91: 10:36pm On Feb 09, 2022
November1857:
Lol, Since you can't trust them with presidency, then allow them to have their separate country as being requested by them..... You can't continue doing business with someone you don't trust..
who stop them before? Didn't you read a report where a Northerner was telling an Igbo man that he dont want him as a neighbor? But instead of the ipob fool to take that opportunity and go back to the east,he start crying all over social media.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Koralords: 11:13pm On Feb 09, 2022
xelly:

Another child.

What do you say about Muslim and Israel?

I am a Christian, Igbo. I had a co tenant, a Muslim. In my work place, I keep the mat Muslims use in praying. When it is time for prayer, they meet me and I give it to them to set the ground and call for prayer.

I know the gifts I received from Saudi when they return from pilgrimage.

You may be the one pushing that SE hate Muslim.
God bless you ,just don’t know the reason for so much hatred in this forum and the mods seem to encourage it
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Penguin2: 5:09am On Feb 10, 2022
asanausana91:
the north don't support boko haram or bandits but the igbos are in full support of ipob.
Let me show you prove: as a Northerner iam in support of the military to kill all boko haram and bandits.
Can you say the same thing against ipob?

What did Buhari say about Boko Haram around 2013 or so?

What did Elrufai say about Boko Haram around same time?

The north always criticized GEJ for killing Boko Haram members and using it as a ploy to depopulate the north.

That was what cost Azubike Ihejirika his position as Chief of Army Staff.

Or have you suddenly forgotten about all these?
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by asanausana91: 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2022
Penguin2:

What did Buhari say about Boko Haram around 2013 or so?

What did Elrufai say about Boko Haram around same time?

The north always criticized GEJ for killing Boko Haram members and using it as a ploy to depopulate the north.

That was what cost Azubike Ihejirika his position as Chief of Army Staff.

Or have you suddenly forgotten about all these?
just say what I said, stop beating around the bush.

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Penguin2: 1:42pm On Feb 09, 2023
FoolishBoy419:
From Kafanchan, Kaduna. There are a few Igbo men that I wouldn't mind voting but at a go, I'd prefer someone from the South West or South South. No one has insulted us like the Igbos since the establishment of Najeriya

So, who are you voting for now🤔?
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by JohnnA1: 1:46pm On Feb 09, 2023
QuotaSystem:
Pre-2015 I’d have had no qualms with voting one, however with IPOB and everything rotten, insultive, provocative & antagonistic that is characteristic of the terrorist group with tacit and expressed support of SE’ners, I’d honestly rather vote a log of wood.
LOL, baba abeg calm down small grin grin cool

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Mfetenang: 1:48pm On Feb 09, 2023
Would you vote for someone you don't like?

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by FoolishBoy419: 6:59am On Feb 14, 2023
Penguin2:

So, who are you voting for now🤔?

I will be enjoying a nice sleep on the election day because I'm not interested in any of the characters contesting. I would have preferred to see technocrats like Amaechi, Fashola, or Osinbajo in the race. The moment Atiku emerged as PDP's flagbearer, I was sure my vote would be going to APC until they hit us with Tinubu. My problem with Tinubu is not that he's not good enough, but his physical and mental health has clearly deteriorated. He is also so desperate that he thinks Nigeria is his birthright. Otherwise, he has a better record than any of the four major contestants we have (in my opibion.)

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Penguin2: 7:36am On Feb 14, 2023
FoolishBoy419:

I will be enjoying a nice sleep on the election day because I'm not interested in any of the characters contesting. I would have preferred to see technocrats like Amaechi, Fashola, or Osinbajo in the race. The moment Atiku emerged as PDP's flagbearer, I was sure my vote would be going to APC until they hit us with Tinubu. My problem with Tinubu is not that he's not good enough, but his physical and mental health has clearly deteriorated. He is also so desperate that he thinks Nigeria is his birthright. Otherwise, he has a better record than any of the four major contestants we have (in my opibion.)

You know, this thing you said has confirmed what I said sometime ago that there would be voter apathy in the north.

I feel like some northerners, if not most, are so disappointed that Buhari failed that they don’t see the reason to participate in elections anymore. They don’t know who to trust anymore.

Meanwhile, do you think Igbos are following Peter Obi because of tribalism and not because of his capacity?
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:52am On Feb 14, 2023
Penguin2:
Please, This question is directed strictly to northerners and I would love it if non northerners stay away and let’s get the honest pulse of northerners about an Igbo presidency.

With that said, to my question, by north, I’m talking about Hausas, Fulanis, Tiv, Igala, Nupe, etc. The people from Southwest seem to have made themselves the spokespersons for the north, insisting that the north won’t vote an Igbo man as president but ironically the north has never said so themselves.

So, even though I think we do not have many northerners on this forum, I do believe we have a handful of them. Please help bring us to bay of the reality of northern sentiment towards an Igbo man occupying the highest seat in the land. Can you people vote for Umahi or Peter Obi or Pius Anyim or Orji Kalu, or is the narrative true that you dread an Igbo man in power?

Or would you rather vote a Yoruba man instead of assuaging the tension in the East over clamour for equity and fairness and justice?

Once again, non-northerners should not derail this thread let’s get the unfiltered opinion of northerners.

Lalasticlala
Arewa
Lovenorth
Asgard

Just seeing this, over a year after but I feel I should share my views.

I am from a Hausa-Fulani family (mom is Hausa, father fulani, extended family, a mixture of many other tribes including Tera and Bolewa), I am a Muslim from the NE and I believe I can model the minds of millions of my people and this is what I say:

The north will vote for anyone, irrespective of tribe and religion, so long he proves his mettle.

Northerners have no special hatred and rejection of the Igbo race, so long as the igbo man does not dabble into issues that do not concern him about the north, as long as he respects the way of lives of northerners.

You will be surprised, but some of us view, respect and like a few leaders (political, economical, industrial) from the other side. People who have shown character, vision and empathy plus a purposeful leadership.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Penguin2: 8:27am On Feb 14, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Just seeing this, over a year after but I feel I should share my views.

I am from a Hausa-Fulani family (mom is Hausa, father fulani, extended family, a mixture of many other tribes including Tera and Bolewa), I am a Muslim from the NE and I believe I can model the minds of millions of my people and this is what I say:

The north will vote for anyone, irrespective of tribe and religion, so long he proves his mettle.

Northerners have no special hatred and rejection of the Igbo race, so long as the igbo man does not dabble into issues that do not concern him about the north, as long as he respects the way of lives of northerners.

You will be surprised, but some of us view, respect and like a few leaders (political, economical, industrial) from the other side. People who have shown character, vision and empathy plus a purposeful leadership.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and view on this.
But, of the 4 front runners right now, who are you guys most likely going to vote for?

Atiku and Kwankwaso because they are northerners and Muslims?

Or Tinubu because your governors are supporting him?

Or would you guys even consider a Peter Obi.

More specifically, I wanna know the standing of the four candidates in your location right now.👌
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Tochi3(m): 8:29am On Feb 14, 2023
Bounceboune7:
so u want them to vote an igbo man so he can kill all Muslims in Nigeria right?
People who hate Muslims among them n treat them like shit will not hesitate to kill northern Muslims
who have been killing the muslims & Christians in the past 8 yrs...

Poo'hari or APCshit grin

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 8:49am On Feb 14, 2023
Penguin2:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and view on this.
But, of the 4 front runners right now, who are you guys most likely going to vote for?

Atiku and Kwankwaso because they are northerners and Muslims?

Or Tinubu because your governors are supporting him?

Or would you guys even consider a Peter Obi.

More specifically, I wanna know the standing of the four candidates in your location right now.👌

I am likely or let me use at best, voting for Atiku, my reasons: I believe he has the best blueprint among the candidates for this country. Major thing militating against him in the north has been: his perceived corruption- economic and moral, his silent or even non-existent support and 'building' of his constituents i.e northerners (in almost Stark contrast to Tinubu but and other northern politicians, plus he's seen as part of the old order; people who bleeped there country up.

The average northerner may vote for him due to: APC's and Buhari's failures (even former stauch Buharists are in this category), Apc Fielding Tinubu (who people regard as a more corrupted version of Atiku; in other words, Atiku is a lesser eveil compared to Tinubu), and lastly, people are just tired and will vote for anything but Apc.

Second option for me is Tinubu; funny isn't it? But many northerners (myself inclusive will vote for Tinubu ahead of Kwankwaso, without Atiku in this race, it would have been a straight victory for Tinubu). I am voting for Tinubu (who I personally dont like) ahead of Kwankwaso because I believe he has greater administrative qualifications than the former Kano gov. Kwankwaso is still stuck in the thinking that a president needs to be building roads and classrooms, 19th century thinking.

Kwankwaso is supported by his own mob of 'northern urchins' 😂. Guy dosent know Jack and you dare tell his people that this man isn't fit to be leader of 21st century Kano talkless Nigeria, so we let them have their space and spew their venom and ignorance.

Obi is virtually non existent, not even to a great extent among the Christian population here. They are PDP and Atiku fanatics, literally.
The Christians know a vote for him to some extent is a vote for Asiwaju and God, the Christian population hates APC, you can feel it in their tones and everything.

So, here goes the order: Atiku, Tinubu, (One of these may come tops, it's not a constant that Atiku always comes 1st, certain people and places can't stand the man). Kwankwaso (maybe), Obi.

Having stayed in a place in the south, I have seen marked difference in the politics between north and south. The govs are influential but not as strong as portrayed to be. In 2015, PDP had almost the entire crop of political leaders from the north but some of them couldn't deliver their polling units, even with money and state apparatus at their disposal. This is in direct contrast to say Rivers, where an emperor says where elections take place and where they don't, who should be allowed to vote and who shouldn't. Don't be surprised to see Elrufai losing his PU, man is strong and has shown character, but people may punish him for 1 or 2 things save he takes precautions before time.

There is a lot to say on this topic but typing is not a very convenient something to do.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by 9jii(m): 9:27am On Feb 14, 2023
Penguin2:

Lalasticlala
Arewa
Lovenorth
Asgard
I'm Hausa-fulani.
I ll not vote for Obi in 2023 not because he's an Igbo but because of what majority of his supporters represent, Igbos agenda.

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Penguin2: 11:36am On Feb 14, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

I am likely or let me use at best, voting for Atiku, my reasons: I believe he has the best blueprint among the candidates for this country. Major thing militating against him in the north has been: his perceived corruption- economic and moral, his silent or even non-existent support and 'building' of his constituents i.e northerners (in almost Stark contrast to Tinubu but and other northern politicians, plus he's seen as part of the old order; people who bleeped there country up.

The average northerner may vote for him due to: APC's and Buhari's failures (even former stauch Buharists are in this category), Apc Fielding Tinubu (who people regard as a more corrupted version of Atiku; in other words, Atiku is a lesser eveil compared to Tinubu), and lastly, people are just tired and will vote for anything but Apc.

Second option for me is Tinubu; funny isn't it? But many northerners (myself inclusive will vote for Tinubu ahead of Kwankwaso, without Atiku in this race, it would have been a straight victory for Tinubu). I am voting for Tinubu (who I personally dont like) ahead of Kwankwaso because I believe he has greater administrative qualifications than the former Kano gov. Kwankwaso is still stuck in the thinking that a president needs to be building roads and classrooms, 19th century thinking.

Kwankwaso is supported by his own mob of 'northern urchins' 😂. Guy dosent know Jack and you dare tell his people that this man isn't fit to be leader of 21st century Kano talkless Nigeria, so we let them have their space and spew their venom and ignorance.

Obi is virtually non existent, not even to a great extent among the Christian population here. They are PDP and Atiku fanatics, literally.
The Christians know a vote for him to some extent is a vote for Asiwaju and God, the Christian population hates APC, you can feel it in their tones and everything.

So, here goes the order: Atiku, Tinubu, (One of these may come tops, it's not a constant that Atiku always comes 1st, certain people and places can't stand the man). Kwankwaso (maybe), Obi.

Having stayed in a place in the south, I have seen marked difference in the politics between north and south. The govs are influential but not as strong as portrayed to be. In 2015, PDP had almost the entire crop of political leaders from the north but some of them couldn't deliver their polling units, even with money and state apparatus at their disposal. This is in direct contrast to say Rivers, where an emperor says where elections take place and where they don't, who should be allowed to vote and who shouldn't. Don't be surprised to see Elrufai losing his PU, man is strong and has shown character, but people may punish him for 1 or 2 things save he takes precautions before time.

There is a lot to say on this topic but typing is not a very convenient something to do.

Thank you for taking out your time, energy and mental strength to write this.

At least I’m now more abreast with happenings up north.

But I tell you that Obi will win the presidential election.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Penguin2: 11:38am On Feb 14, 2023
9jii:

I'm Hausa-fulani.
I ll not vote for Obi in 2023 not because he's an Igbo but because of what majority of his supporters represent, Igbos agenda.

So bad to see that you fell for the propagandists.

Peter Obi supporters are not IPOB supporters.

Are Edo, Plateau, Benue people IPOB supporters?

Intelligent people like you should do better than believe those bullshits.

It’s like saying that Atiku is Bandit candidate and I hold that against him. Does it make sense?
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 2:04pm On Feb 14, 2023
Penguin2:

Thank you for taking out your time, energy and mental strength to write this.

At least I’m now more abreast with happenings up north.

But I tell you that Obi will win the presidential election.

That won't only be a surprise but a miracle as well.
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by tinsel: 2:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
Penguin2:

True!

But it’s just like how most Igbo voters are not online but Igbos on Nairaland can accurately tell you where Igbo voters will go, based on words on the street, and be sure it will go that way.

That same way I wanna hope some northerners online can help us with words on the street in the north.
90 percent of Igbo traders are online
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by Mfetenang: 2:32pm On Feb 14, 2023
Would you vote for your enemy?
Would you handover your military to your enemy?
Would you vote a criminal?
If your answer to my questions is NO then you have answered your dumb question.

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by EngrKemp: 2:37pm On Feb 14, 2023
Zandena:
We can hesitantly vote a Muslim Igbo as president in 2023! Anything other than that is dead on arrival.
They hates what we love and we love what they hate. So we are on parallel paths that will never meet!
Igbos should tolerate their brethren that do not share the same religious views.
Igbos let's love lead!

U r not making sense..
Is a Muslim the president of the US?
Why didn't u go to Iran or Afghanistan n leave the US?

Why mix religion with politics n leadership?
Even the sultan who is ur spiritual n religious leader said forget about religion in politics and lead the people with the right n quality leadership.

Low IQ lots causing problems in Nigeria like apes
Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by stuffs2002: 2:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
xelly:

Another child.

What do you say about Muslim and Israel?

I am a Christian, Igbo. I had a co tenant, a Muslim. In my work place, I keep the mat Muslims use in praying. When it is time for prayer, they meet me and I give it to them to set the ground and call for prayer.

I know the gifts I received from Saudi when they return from pilgrimage.

You may be the one pushing that SE hate Muslim.

Ever since Peter Obi has come out for presidency three months ago, every Ibo person is now claiming to love Northerners and Muslims.

We received loads aand loads of insults from SE for seven and and half years and you think it will just go away in an instant because you smiled at us when you need our votes?

Re: Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? by stuffs2002: 2:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
God1stson:

I am an igbo and I will give u the answer straight up nobody cares wether u be Muslim or christian so long as u are peace loving and ready to do business. I have many Muslims northerners doing their menial jobs like cobler, suya and they have been around for like 15yrs now. Making money don't enter their blood like the igbo pple. But the only time I have noticed fracass na when one JJC from maiduguri wey dey ride keke enter NSK come they show dagger anyhow, dem beat am to pulp na police save am. We are cool with peace loving people, but if u come with all these northern suprimacy mindset, then e go rain 4 ur head. We don't treat people bad on the basis of religion infact when I won repair shoe na aboki I dey meet because they are always sincere and considerate.

This is not true... SE are the most intolerant people in Nigeria and it gets worse when they know you are a northerner and a Muslim

Prison Dog Better Off Than Inmate In Nigeria, Gets N3,000 Daily Allowance. / Nigeria: Sokoto Acting Governor Spent N1.52 Billion In Three Weeks / Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86