Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Capital Dreams - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Capital Dreams (7807 Views)

DREAMS & DATES ( Love Seriez ) / DREAMS / Dreams Could Come True By Tiffany J (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Capital Dreams by Ogamysamo: 10:19pm On Jan 27, 2022
allahIsAnIDOL:
I don land for here abeg as i be silent follower and I bet this will be my best read after katakata street.
man, you follow read mama akunna?

1 Like

Re: Capital Dreams by Ogamysamo: 10:21pm On Jan 27, 2022
allahIsAnIDOL:
I don land for here abeg as i be silent follower and I bet this will be my best read after katakata street.
if na true say you follow irikefe enter lodge abeg you help me see josephine?
Re: Capital Dreams by allahIsAnIDOL: 11:16pm On Jan 27, 2022
Ogamysamo:

Nope, abeg gimme link
Re: Capital Dreams by Twelvedemon12(m): 12:36am On Jan 28, 2022
Ogamysamo:

Mama akuna grin katakata street na piece I swear........
Re: Capital Dreams by allahIsAnIDOL: 9:35am On Jan 28, 2022
Twelvedemon12:

Mama akuna grin katakata street na piece I swear........

E don tey so I gats revisit am from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Capital Dreams by allahIsAnIDOL: 3:02pm On Jan 29, 2022
Dodoatirice abeg na

Bukolaberry, DSC7 make una call dodo na
Re: Capital Dreams by dodoatirice: 7:45pm On Jan 29, 2022
Everyone dispersed in o their room and everything kinda felt very alright. I thought i had to be very careful now as my thinking was that in someway, my Ild man didn’t have my time and he did have but postponed my flogging to another day so it was safe to say that my mother’s head was behind me. I flipped the light switch from on to off but right before, i adjusted the nob on the fan controller to full blast then slid in between the sheets on my bed.. what a day.. then i went through my head and the things that happened in my day. Only then did I remember the package i came in with.. the cold stone premium and fastfood seasoned chicken wings.. damn!! I remembered that i docked it in the freezer in the kitchen… a smile played on my lips.. I’ll get that dead seasoned left over chicken in the morning.. i was done tasking my mind for the night and i just let it tiptoe into.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Creeeek!!! Creeeeeeek!! I woke up with a start in the ensuing darkness. The fan still remained at full blast but that sound mean someone had pushed the door from behind!! In the whole mansion, the door to my room creaked whenever you push against it so that way i know what’s up. My eyes we’re slowly trying to adjust to the darkness when i made out a frame, a frame that sat inside a towel, a human frame that had the physique of my Big headed wicked dad. Then like a magical something, like when God said “let there be light and there was light” the light flipped on and the orange reflection from the bulb filtered through he room providing ambience. My Daddy stood at the foot of my bed holding assorted whips..

Pankere
Wire
Koboko.

I looked up at him frantically, not again, “

Dad:
shhhhhh, save the noise for a minute oya choose two from the list, (holding the weapons of mass pain up for me to see)
Choose two before i decide to descend on you with all three.. you know me oo.

I couldn’t come up with choices, and my dad ran out of patience quickly. I saw him backtrack to the door and closed/locked it from behind and in a minute, he produced an album of pain for me..

4 Likes

Re: Capital Dreams by Hungerbadoo: 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2022
Shey you wan sing? your Dad produced an album of pain, it's left for you to dance to it...Dad the wicked producer. But your Daddy should know that children shouldn't be caged because if the cage got broken either by design or accident, they would find the world too big to live in...bring it on mr rice and plantain.
Re: Capital Dreams by dodoatirice: 8:11pm On Jan 29, 2022
Hungerbadoo:
Shey yot wan sing? your Dad produced an album of pain, it's left for you to dance to it...Dad the wicked producer.

Hahaha this got me ROTFL
Re: Capital Dreams by Ogamysamo: 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2022
Hungerbadoo:
Shey yot wan sing? your Dad produced an album of pain, it's left for you to dance to it...Dad the wicked producer.
when bhard boy amarni jamp shoft man no-mercy he has to sing album of pleasure and dance random of pain
Re: Capital Dreams by Ogamysamo: 8:16pm On Jan 29, 2022
dodoatirice:

Hahaha this got me ROTFL
trying hard to know some of this acronyms. please what does that mean sir?
Re: Capital Dreams by Hungerbadoo: 8:18pm On Jan 29, 2022
Ogamysamo:
when bhard boy amarni jamp shoft man no-mercy he has to sing album of pleasure and dance random of pain
Real matters bro

1 Like

Re: Capital Dreams by dodoatirice: 8:20pm On Jan 29, 2022
Ogamysamo:

trying hard to know some of this acronyms.
please what does that mean sir?

Roll on the floor
Re: Capital Dreams by Ogamysamo: 8:47pm On Jan 29, 2022
dodoatirice:

Roll on the floor
abeg o better come Roll On My Enemies(Rome) make them reduce 4 me
Re: Capital Dreams by Haakeem(m): 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2022
nxt pls
Re: Capital Dreams by dodoatirice: 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2022
My Daddy beat me like he was trying to beat the music out of me.. as he was beating me, e no tey, mumsy and my sister come dey my door dey knock dey beg pman say e don do make e free me but for where. Dad only stopped when it seemed like he hit his elbow on the wardrobe in my room because i wasn’t still and was running all over the place trying to escape his assorted weapon of mass injuries. There’s assault rifles, my These ones were assault whips.. at the end of the session, i had swollen bruises and cuts. My dad exited my room and my mum at the door engaged him in a very heated argument. That almost resulted in another fight between them both.. and they ended up trading insults and my mum telling him the next time he lays his hands on me ever again, she’d make sure no peace reigns in the house. More insultive exchange was when i got to know that, my dad’s wealth was as a result of my mum… nufsaid..

“Na so you papa dey beat you?
When you small i hear as you dey trouble people
Your pikin come dey do am you wan use beating kill am. And dem go dey beg you u noor go hear
Come touch am again”

That night, mumsy and popsy slept in different rooms, and my sister slept in my room. The morning after, it eas so unusual of my Dad, he didn’t wake up and come sit in the living room as he always did. From what i can say, its the first time my mum ever stood up to him. And my mum obviously didn’t give a hoot about his no show at breakfast attitude. A usual thing that my mum does after every beatings I received from Dad was to help me fix or massage or clean a cut she took on that right after dinner.

I don’t know if to go ahead and keep to appointment as agreed with Slimkid and IKenna, even though my Dad was a no show at breakfast, i still feared for the unknown. As I wouldn’t want a repeat of what happened last night between Da and Ma to surface again. So I canceled the movement but then again, the music wouldn’t let me be.. I wouldn’t let me be, it wouldn’t let me be, it wouldn’t let me be.. 10am, i said Bleep my mum’s feelings, i reached into the drawer in my bedroom, grabbed some cash, exited the building, into the street and looking for transportation to uncle Ben’s Music Studio.

4 Likes

Re: Capital Dreams by Hungerbadoo: 9:40pm On Jan 29, 2022
Bahdboy Armani last last you go dey alright
Re: Capital Dreams by SekaniSG: 11:11pm On Jan 29, 2022
The suspense is killing but the story is worth the wait...
Fantastic storyline, continue

1 Like

Re: Capital Dreams by allahIsAnIDOL: 11:12pm On Jan 29, 2022
Re: Capital Dreams by Haakeem(m): 8:22am On Jan 30, 2022
Next pls...ur dad would be like...you see.... He even fit go table ur mama's matter to her parents.
Re: Capital Dreams by Twelvedemon12(m): 8:26am On Jan 30, 2022
Following like Twitter
Re: Capital Dreams by dodoatirice: 9:37am On Jan 30, 2022
A high school student that didn’t have a phone, i was unreachable. I only used my mum’s phone or my sister’s phone (my sister had an iphone and she’s a lower class) just that, she can’t take the phone to school. E still good but me?? No show. If not i was sure by now, Ik would have been trying to reach me.. with faith and expectancy, i found a cab and he soon tolled the car towards uncle Ben’s Studio.. e sure me doe say dem go don know for house say i don disappear. But it wasn’t just me.. music na the inly thing wry dey gimmie joy for my soul even though I haven’t recorded a demo or a single, i loved it everytime i played around with a supposed tune in my head, or when i have to jot down a line, i love it even when my teach handed me my further mathematics note that instead of housing my school work, housed so many lyrical content and as i read to the class and they laughed at me, i imagined they were fans, and that spurred me on and when my teach saw the tenacity of how i read out the lines, it got her angry the more then she doubled the punishment. Now one of the punishment was, i would be the lead at the school assembly ground starting Monday. I’d have to sing the school to God before classes started. Mrs Adenifuja, a bitch that i thought consulted that big further maths textbook before she cooked in her home, or function.. another thought that piled up in my head was,

“Come, wetin you go go sing for that studio sef? Today na the first day wey you go record and recording different from freestyle. Omo na true oo”

So went my thought and the car came to a alt. I was seeing the big sign board that uncle Ben was inscribed boldly on, i still looked around to be sure. I paid the taxo, thanked him and alighted. Bit for the first time in my life, i took a few steps and got cold feet. What if i go in there and it didn’t go as planned? Or what if……… Ikenna had exited the building and saw me standing there.. he’d observed that i was lost in thoughts.

Ikenna:
Bro, dude what’s up, we’ve be waiting for you. And……… wait what? What happened? Got into a fight?

He’d seen the whip marks and cut that scattered all over the visible parts of my body and to think of it, the visible cuts looked like a joke. But the ones that my clothes covered, i bet if he saw them, he’d sue my dad haha.

Me:
Yes, armed robbers came to our house hence why all of these

I was eager to end the convo quickly i switched the subject and made to go in. Tactic worked even though IK was very concerned from his gaze. We got inside, exchanged pleasantries with SlimKid.. four other guys were in the studio too. I was going to get another cold feet but I’m not a coward.. Slimkid told me to hold on a bit as he was exporting things from the studio pc. Then i used that opportunity to check my archives of mental songs..

Me:
(Eureka!!!!)
I settled for one of my already written tracks and kept practicing it in my head..

Then a twist in lot was when, Chyno came into the studio.. i was booked for. Session quite alright, but Chyno was a big starrrrr.. he affiliated with uncle Ben’s and recorded there once in a while and today was one of such days. So i still had to wait because people gathered around him, pictures and snaps right in the studio until he asked to listen to one jamm he did sometime last year.. Slimkid produced the jamm but it was unfinished just yet. Slim found the file, double clicked it and loaded it on a studio recording software they call softwares like that

DAW Digital Audio Workstation.

Song loaded, slim hit the space bar of the studio pc and the song bommed and bammed and everybody nodding rhythmically to me except me. Because I wasn’t feeling the jam.. but until i got to a point where Chyno’s voice trailed off his verse and on the accompanying instrumental played on.. wow some free bars to spit on and an opportunity.. i started murmuring the lines that I thought could fit best to the empty space left, and Chyno somehow caught on the vibe asking Slimkid to reduce he volume and facing me pointing at me..

Chyno:
Sing that thing again.

Me:
(Didn’t even waste time like i had been expecting it..)
(Repeated what i was murmuring audibly and before i knew it they packaged and threw me in the recording booth. An area of the studio where they take your vocals..

Slimkid:

Okay put the headphone on your head, tell me if its the right volume because that’s where you listen to the instrumental from.

(I did as he instructed)

And be sure to not lean or touch the mic we don’t want unwanted sounds in the audio file.

Ready??

Me:
Yes

Song comes on in the headphone, i waited till it got to the free part then

Bhadguy Amarni

Bi omo elere de otipe ti moti gbere de
Feeling myself and my flows motikola de
Domape
Coma tutape
Bhadguy Armani is my name jekan ma sooor loo
Oya shoutout to my niggas
Saying hello hello
Been on my grind everyday melo melo
Pussycat pussycat
Where have you been
I’ve been to London forming Mario
No dey ask me question questions
I’m a brazilian player Ronaldo
Playing as their striker
Playing like the buzza
But playing dem like Ronaldinho
Playing on the Buzza
No dey ask me question questions
I’m a brazilian player Ronaldo
Playing as their striker
Playing like the buzza
But playing dem like Ronaldinho
Playing on the Buzza

Then the Chyno chorus came in

Nibi loma kusi kusi
Boya loma dele dele aaaah
Nibi loma kusi
(Owo yapa)
Boya loma dele, dele ah na na na

3 Likes

Re: Capital Dreams by Hungerbadoo: 11:39am On Jan 30, 2022
Dodo you're lyrically good
Re: Capital Dreams by dodoatirice: 11:44am On Jan 30, 2022
Hungerbadoo:
Dodo you're lyrically good

Boss,
Na mindset
Re: Capital Dreams by allahIsAnIDOL: 12:15pm On Jan 30, 2022
Dodo abeg just drop one music make person dey jam am as d tori dey go na

We go download am

1 Like

Re: Capital Dreams by Haakeem(m): 3:41pm On Jan 30, 2022
Next pls.
Re: Capital Dreams by Bukolaberry(f): 4:11pm On Jan 30, 2022
welcome back dearest dodo peperempe.
Re: Capital Dreams by Twelvedemon12(m): 4:43pm On Jan 30, 2022
allahIsAnIDOL:

Dodo abeg just drop one music make person dey jam am as d tori deyo na

We go download am

Baba I like your reasoning die
Re: Capital Dreams by Twelvedemon12(m): 4:45pm On Jan 30, 2022
Dodoatirice Baba I no fit talk

This story the give me memories and e da motivate me more sad
Re: Capital Dreams by dodoatirice: 11:29pm On Jan 30, 2022
The beat stopped in the headphone strapped on my head, i opened my eyes and Slimkid gestured for me to come outside the recording boot, i saw Chyno kinda dazed, only the look on Ik’s face was somewhat encouraging.. carefully i docked the beats studio headphone and exited the recording booth.. maybe it was jargons like my Dad always screamed. We all stood behind the big computer and waited for Slimkid as He hovered around on the Cubase digital audio workstation for s minute, click click click, autotune here, a little reverb there and he tapped on play.. what!!!! My already cool voice had been enhanced and it sounded sweet to my ears snd my core soul.. tapping into the realty of the moment, chyno gave me a very tight hug and

Chyno:
Dope shiiiiiit! Truth be told, you murdered me on the whole track. And you had to do this like in one take? Woah!! (Turning to slimm who was hyping Chyno’s praises as he spoke) play that again please..

All the while as Chyno and slim spoke putting in mind that Ikenna all the while was observing grinning from ear to ear, i kept nodding my head not sure what to say..As instructed slim hit the play button again and Chyno was overwhelmed, everyone was in awe of how i dished that line out and kinda made the beat mine. If this piece was a video content, i bet you’d hear what the whole song sounded like and my own part in the song that did wonders, complemented the whole song and gave it a vibe..

Chyno;
What’s your instagram dude.

Me:
@Bhadguyarmani

Chyno:
Just a moment.

Taps in the instagram app in his phone, asks slim to replay the sing and sleek it to my part. Slim does as instructed, Chyno goes live on the app and streams my part of the song, asking his followers to check out the new underground talent that he just made a song with and he’d be sure to release the single as soon as the song is finished. I take Ikenna’s phone and go check my ig page and Chyno had followed me on the app. I followed him back.. we recorded more that day and when slimm completed taking all the vocals he needed for the mix Chyno bought us lunch and slim worked on the mixing of the song. Me and Chyno then spoke extensively.. he asked for my number and I couldn’t provide any but asked him to reachout to me on the app as i was gonna be checking from time to time and to compliment it, i gave him Ikenna’s number. Chyno asked if Ikenna was my manager, and Ikenna answered in the affirmative for me. Chyno later left the studio before me and Ikenna did but before he left, My respect for Chyno trippled.. why because he was technical. He understood the technical part of the music.. he sat back and let slim do his thing at first and challenged Slim at every point during the mix.
He’d say things like

Chyno:
Yo slim, that reverb is really wide.

You slim.. what autotune key is that

Don’t push it, i think the vocals are now too compressed.

Yo yo. That’s tight. Its sounding clean and robust now.. could slim could you please turn the instrumental a notch down so it can balance up like that. Check the metering bro.

The. Slim stands up for a second to pour himself a drink and Chyno takes over the computer and clicks away on the cubase interface manipulating the vicals for the best end results and Slim, he didn’t even look behind his shoulders and was at peace with the fact that Chyno was at the computer clicking away.. he must know about studio works i thought..woow i envied him, i wish I could be like that.. i think i could model my artistry around Chyno.. there goes my role model then i thought. Chyno’s sleek BMW looked sweet as it sat in the sun idling and sunbathing. Hust maybe, maybe someday.

Chyno had left and now i had a new resolution, i was going to learn the magic in music, recording music, music production and beat making. I’d love to be versatile as an artiste and as a music producer. That meant

A half of SlimKid and a half of Chyno. Lets see how it goes then. But wait, Dad?

2 Likes

Re: Capital Dreams by allahIsAnIDOL: 1:27am On Jan 31, 2022
Dodoatirice abeg no kill me, hypertension dey with im papa matter ooo
Re: Capital Dreams by Haakeem(m): 6:32am On Jan 31, 2022
Nxt pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? / Some Interesting Books You Have Read / Behind The Glamour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.