Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,245 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Capital Dreams - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Capital Dreams (7795 Views)

DREAMS & DATES ( Love Seriez ) / DREAMS / Dreams Could Come True By Tiffany J (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Capital Dreams by Haakeem(m): 12:15pm On Jan 24, 2022
allahIsAnIDOL:
I don land for here abeg as i be silent follower and I bet this will be my best read after katakata street.
This your name self angry
Re: Capital Dreams by dodoatirice: 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2022
I knew they left without me, and i better have a better explanation ready for my Pa and even at that, e no say make e no beat me. I was living int he moment. Like I’ve never been to a studio, I don’t even know what it looks like. Me and Ikenna exited the school and outside like I thought, my pa and his big Ol toyota tacoma jeep had left.. thank God atleast for the time been. Outside, me i was rushing to cross the road to the other side when Ikenna asked me to chill and before i could say jack or jill.. a white lexus es350 rolled sleekly to where we stood.. an elderly person gets down, takes his bag, throws it in the trunk, opens the back door and ushers ikenna who then ushers for him to fix me in the car too. Driver who i later got to onow his name as Pajoe rusjes to the other side of the car, opens it wide open, i go jnto the sleek air conditioned engulfed car, Pajoe carefully closes the door by me and makes for his side of the car, ignites the car then Ikenna tells him.

Ik:
Pajiee, not the usual route today,

Pajoe:
At your service small oga, where we dey go sir

Ik:
Take us to uncle Ben’s

Pajoe:
On admiralty oga?

Ik:
Yes Pajiee.

Pajoe:
I get am sir..

Ik went ahead and asked Pajoe if he’d eaten as he’d be dammned if his driver drove him around town with an empty stomach. Pajoe shooting back a reply to the former question.. “ogaa, i don chop.. your money remain for my hand yesterday. Naim i take buy lunch today”.

I asked Ik if this was really his car or he was an affiliate to it?? And he said he owned it completely as it was in his name.. his dad presented it to him on his 16th birthday and he could drive too but his dad got him a driver until he was of age and could get a license..

“If we say make we dey compare papa and papa, you go beat your own till he die”

We pulled up at Uncle Ben’s, the supposed building housed a studio named “uncle Ben’s music lab

Uncle Ben Music Lab
Sound recording,
Sound creation,
Music Studio,
Audio Hub
Jingles
Ep
Album
And musical promotions.

So was the inscription on the big banner that created awareness for the studio that was upstair. Kevin told Pajoe to idle and through the back, we climbed the steps and we soon got into the comfort of uncle Bens studio. From the moment i walked jnto the space, ive never ever felt at peace with my existence as what i was experiencing in this Audio atmosphere.. as we walked along the hallway that held several pictures and paintings of musical legends from the great Fela Anikula Pokuti to King Sunny Ade to an areaynof hiphop legends, stars in their time and ofcourse there was a very big potrait painting o the rap God Dagrin Omo ogun on the wall.. because i was filled to the anus with excitment, I didn’t know when i stopped right infront of the dagrin potrait and gave a sharp salute and maintained the stance close to a half minute before Ik snapped me out of my half minute madness. And oh, inside the studio itself was another world on its own, the computer, the midi keyboard, the Audio interface (sound card or soundbox), the studio monitors (studio speakers) the condenser microphone and the fluffy black foam that sat on it, etc.. all these connections, things that I’d later get to understand. Till i die, i will always see Music producers as mini gods.

3 Likes

Re: Capital Dreams by dodoatirice: 1:12pm On Jan 24, 2022
IKenna introduce me to Slimkid dah producer, he worked as the in-house producer at uncle Ben’s studio and he also managed the studio. When we got in and settled down…

Slimkid D.P:
Yooo Ik Blingzz
Dude you noor try.

Ik:
Bro, don’t be mad at me,
Music is not my thing..
I get bored every time i come here..
Its why i always come around anytime uncle ben comes to the country..

Slimkid D.P:
Ik nooor dey mental me heheheh.
I know an excuse, but it can slide.

(Then Ik goes on and throws me in the mix.. )

Ik:
You bro, look were still in our school uniforms as you can see, real quick here’s my dude Armani, just met him in my new school and something led to other things and he can actually sing. But I’d like you to access him because what do i know, its your job. But as soon as you find out, i want you to put him on a session or two. I’ll have my mum wire you the payments lets see the results through the output. You in??

Slimkid D.P:
For sure. Ik, i assure you, you’d do great.. you have the mindset of a business executive and your mind seems matured for your age.. look let me tell you, maybe after high school and college you could go into artiste management, i assure you you’d do good.. like my job primarily is to create music with the artiste as a producer, but i envy your type of mindset.

Ik:
No, for the lesser details, I’m just helping out a friend.

Slimkid D.P:
We’ll revisit this conversation in the near feature..
(Looks at me)
What’s up Bro

Me:
I’m okay bros

Slimkid D.P:
What’s your name again??

Me:
Bhadboi Armani

Slimkid D.P:
Hmmn smooth
Care to show me what you got??

Me:
Yes you got a beat??

Slimkid D.P:
I got one two three a many.

He taps on his laptop, browses around for a sec. opens a file that sat on the desktop and this log shows up that said “Fruity Loops” the interface loads up, he hits the space bar and the whole room starts reaming with sweet sweet afro beat instrumental.. i boo my head for a second, looks at Ikenna while boping my head rhythmically to the sweet sweet rhythms.. in that moment of estacy, it felt like the up point feeling you get from drugs. A point where your soul takes over your body and just stays there for a minute. Music.. a drug that no federal agency can stop or regulate, a drug that you can be proudly caught with, a drug that has no repercussions. A cure for stress..

Girl it’s been many days pe pe
That I’ve been waiting for your love
Come be my odoh
I wan get that space (get that space)
Got me chopping your love
Like say i chop your jollof
Ye ye ye
Ask angela i don forr for you oo
And as for my heart i give am to you
Shey na money you want cause i don work for you oo
And girl if you ask for the panpele i no go dull on you..
Yeh.. girl i live the way you wear that smile on your face
Cuz e fit you so perfectly
Shey na you i wan de lie for baby
Anytime you call my name (call my name)
But you know that you’re my baby
Tell the world that you my baby
Girl your love necessary,
Baby do me jejely (jejely o)
E be like say i don fall for you love like
Wall of jericho
Dem be wan spoil our show
Dem wan do wayo
Girlie say i promise you i no go let you go

3 Likes

Re: Capital Dreams by SekaniSG: 1:15pm On Jan 24, 2022
Interesting grin

1 Like

Re: Capital Dreams by Hungerbadoo: 1:54pm On Jan 24, 2022
allahIsAnIDOL:
I don land for here abeg as i be silent follower and I bet this will be my best read after katakata street.
Katakata street, na so that centino guy sabi write.
Re: Capital Dreams by Twelvedemon12(m): 3:15pm On Jan 24, 2022
The turn's or twist in this story is something else........Boss we die here I swear
Re: Capital Dreams by Haakeem(m): 4:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
allahIsAnIDOL:
I'll die here walai, more

You saw it right, allah is not G-D and he's an idol just like Ogun but Ogun is better than him cos allah is the biggest prostitute that has ever lived on Earth.
shut ur rotten mouth jare...i'm nt replying ur mentions again.
Re: Capital Dreams by allahIsAnIDOL: 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hungerbadoo:
Katakata street, na so that centino guy sabi write.

So you mean say e no make sense?
Re: Capital Dreams by Haakeem(m): 4:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
Next pls.
Re: Capital Dreams by Bukolaberry(f): 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
wow dodo peperempe, patiently waiting.
Re: Capital Dreams by dodoatirice: 7:47am On Jan 25, 2022
Slimkid D.P:
Rawwwww!!!
You just killed this beat!!
Funny enough, i made it for another artist for reals!!!

Me:
Thank you sir i…..

Slimkid D.P:
No sirs here, call me slim.
Honestly I’m impressed.
And you say you’ve not recorded anything before,
Not even a demo
And you.. you know what, long story short..
Meet me here tomorrow morning..
Its a free Saturday, and I’m not booked
I’ll put you into my schedule tomorrow
As i have so many mixes i need to send out
So better be here.
I’d love to see more into your talent.

Me:
Thank you sir,
I’ll be here in the morning for sure.

Slimkid:
(Facing Ikenna)
You should come around tomorrow,
We re gonna create something tomorrow and I’d love for you to be around.

Ikenna:
Sure thing, I’d be bore at home anyway,
You know what it is on my end
They always leave me at home..

Slimkid D.P
(Chuckles)
Don’t worry things will improve
Its why i want you out here more
And i could be using and building up your talent
If at all. Don’t be stucked up and locked up in your Daddy’s mansion.. (chuckles again) at the end of the anyway, its yours…

(We all burst into general laughter)
Finished up the refreshments and we sool used the exit to the studio and Pajoe came around again once more to collect us..

Once again inside the chilling ride, Pajoe handed Ikenna a package that contained goodies, chicken wings like he’d mentioned earlier and cold-stone Premium. Ik took from the contents and passed the plastic bag that housed the junk goodies and passed the remaining stuff around. I got two sizable chicken wings and a large cup size cold-stone premium and seem to eat my worries away.. then suddenly my eye caught what looked like the damn time on the Car dashboard and it said 6:09. What!!!! Omo the dead seasoned chicken wings i was assaulting with my teeth cannibaly turned sour the exact moment i began to think about the repercussions.. in my head, i pictured my retired old soldier Daddy and began to think of the numerous military drills and beatings i was gonna recieve.. i pictured him picturing himself in the mental gym that i always though sat in his head.. working out and getting ready for me. I pictured my mum and my sister already in a half mourning for me. Tonight i knew i would have to swimm in torrents of pain, Dad inflicted pains.

3 Likes

Re: Capital Dreams by Haakeem(m): 8:13am On Jan 25, 2022
Hm Next pls.
Re: Capital Dreams by Hungerbadoo: 9:18am On Jan 25, 2022
allahIsAnIDOL:

So you mean say e no make sense?
e make sense well bro
Re: Capital Dreams by Twelvedemon12(m): 10:37am On Jan 25, 2022
That year My dad will beat you and lock you inside his room........from morning till evening then give you food grin

1 Like

Re: Capital Dreams by Hungerbadoo: 10:42am On Jan 25, 2022
Beta enjoy your chicken cos last last you must chop that beating today.
Re: Capital Dreams by SekaniSG: 11:56am On Jan 25, 2022
Following
Re: Capital Dreams by Bukolaberry(f): 3:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
we right here, thanks for the update
Re: Capital Dreams by allahIsAnIDOL: 8:34am On Jan 26, 2022
Na wa ooo
Re: Capital Dreams by dodoatirice: 8:42am On Jan 26, 2022
I tied up the fancy eatery type plastic bag that housed the contents of my chicken and coldstone because the after-Thoughts of my action, the after-school missing in action that i served my dad chai. Ik didn’t really read into folding up the plastic bag and pending my treat. The drive continued and Ikenna had informed Pajoe to drop me at my my house before he began his homebound journey. Well yes, Ikenna had all the time, freedom and resources. Something i got to know later was that he had parents who chased the bag down the rabbit hole and had no time to see what’s up about him.. anything he wanted he would get and if his parents didn’t give, a call to France or Germany or Holland or the United States settled the scores as he had uncles, Aunts, nieces and friends scattered allover the aforementioned places if at all and take his family as a case example, he didn’t tell me but I’d later get to figure out that they showered him all these love because whatever grace these people got was because of Ikenna’s Dad philanthropic personality, a selfless man, the type of man that, the day you manage or luckily jamm him, your life will have a massive turn around. He gives and gives and gives. But the hustle is, you can’t see him.. today Dubai, tomorrow china, next week Usa etc.. always busy and working always chasing the bag, he’s wealthy but works alot. Then his mum.. ik papa dey wyn for where ik mama dey.. Ikenna’s mum, their family had a lineage of wealth that had been passed down from generations to generations.. a career woman too at that. Money ego…

If i reminisced an Ikenna comment,

I’d have been in the US. But it took mum years after marriage before she had me.. and the moment she birthed me, she just wanted to keep me for as long as she deems fit as her job at the hospital where she’s a director demands she stays in Nigeria and she couldn’t cope with winter. she’d have gone to the Us to birth me. But going there means a stay permanently but her obsession with her career and what not made me a victim of our beloved country. But then. I just have till after high school here anyway… bro, pops can’t even stop me! Not even the Queen of our time (mum)!! They dare not!

Me:
They dare not?

Ikenna:
Absolutely..

I couldn’t tell Ikenna that my Dad’s Elder brother had offered to take me to the US the last time he visited naija. Uncle had oyinbo wife and halfcaste kids and i was already dreaming about a new life, a life where id be able to express myself and do my thing, an escape to severe military drills and beatings. But my daddy went ahead and destroyed my rep with Big Uncle saying i was troublesome, a handful and a big pain in the assss.. and my attitude was o school work was like a spoilt egg!!! He even said He doubt if i could spell out my name.. Man even went ahead and showed him one of my bad results that he’d kept in his archives.. Big Uncle even said it didn’t matter and still maintained that i can still take him stance. But no oo Papa went ahead and killed it and that was it! Uncle left without me. It was my mum that now gave me the update that my Dad kinda convinced my Uncle to arrange it for my big sis as academically she was sound and was already in her second year in the varsity.. plans went underway.. omo before I know o piam!! Big sis post for Instagram, location ATL, USA.

Then reality dawned on me as we arrived the junction that led to my house.

Time: 7:00pm on the doot.

3 Likes

Re: Capital Dreams by Haakeem(m): 9:08am On Jan 26, 2022
if my father should do me this wicked thing, i no go forgive am at all..
Next pls
Re: Capital Dreams by allahIsAnIDOL: 12:28pm On Jan 26, 2022
Ewweeee

1 Like

Re: Capital Dreams by SekaniSG: 3:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
Chai... this one too much abeg
Re: Capital Dreams by dodoatirice: 5:08pm On Jan 26, 2022
I bade Ik farewell just right after he had dropped me off ay my Dad’s mansion. I saw the Lexus trunk disappear right into the encroaching night. Tightly closed gate, security lights on. I approached the gate like i already had an idea of whats to come.. i unlocked the gate, went all the way through the back, the back led to the kitchen and mum and my sister were right in there making dinner and like dad always did, he’d sot with his bald head watching cnn or bbc in the large sitting room area. (Cnn and Bbc the only channel we were allowed to watch in my home). The moment my mum and sister saw me, i could see pity written all over their faces.. mum asked me where i had been and why I didn’t come to the car when school closed.. frankly, i explained to mummy i went to the studio and blah and blah.. she understood my love for music and knew it wasn’t a bad thing but for that night, it was doom for the repercussions, the repercussion agent sat and was waiting in the sitting room and it was a fear i needed to face. Mumsy tried very hard to help me to come up with reasons to avoid the impending doom.. but she couldn’t tell a lie and her attempt at helping me lie failed because she respected Pa alot and wouldn’t dare lie to the big head. She just asked me to go ahead and announce my presence in the home as i was home already and she didn’t think she can help me escape whatever my dad had planned for me tonight if at all.

“Shey I’ve been warning you huh??
Na you know oo..
E dey palour
Go explain yourself”

As soon as mum finished off that statement, Dad walked into the kitchen holding his tummy and looking a bit pissed probably as to why the food mum was preparing took too long.. he stopped short as soon as he saw me, wanted to say something but stopped.. headed for the fridge, grabbed an orange juice container then a glass then disappeared into the corridor.. mum still asked me to go check him out. I found my way to the sitting room and wanted to say something.. he just dismissed me with a wave of his hand while his gaze was glued to the tv.. acting like he didn’t have my time.. i went to my room changed from my school uniform and just stayed in my room locking the door from behind. I knew if i hear a knock and that baritone voice.. then i was in trouble..

Gba!! Gba!!! Gba!!
My sister knocked from outside my room.. inhad my heart in my mouth for a minute and thought i was going to chew it.. but i felt better after my sister spoke from outside informing me that Dad asked me to come to dinner.. okay that can work.. i went to dinner and i was like an eagle that was looking for its first prey/meal of the day, i was very alert and monitoring every move my Daddy made at the table… i was trying hard to read him, i was trying hard to tap read is body language, i was trying to decode him.. i was trying ti decode the atmosphere around us to atleast have an hint to see if he’d beat me tonight.. if i was a dog, i would snif snif snif.. but my Big headed Daddy was unreadable, undecodable.. this make me fear for the unknown and couldn’t eat very well. I picked on the food.. My mum didn’t even ask me if anything was wring as to why I didn’t eat.. they already knew whats up.. after dinner, we all held hands and said the family night time prayers and everyone dispersed for their various rooms. The way my Dad even signed off to his bedroom, you’d think he didn’t have my time or was too tired to reason my matter or he’d postponed the beatings to when I’d do something else snd he’d beat me everything all together.. i even bade him good night and he replied in a way that i felt at ease and because of that i went ahead snd loosegaurd the door to my room that i had locked earlier when i first came in. I left it unlocked like i just closed it but didn’t use the latch or the key in the lock to secure the door.. if not

3 Likes

Re: Capital Dreams by Twelvedemon12(m): 5:10pm On Jan 26, 2022
Could this be love or something else shocked
Re: Capital Dreams by Haakeem(m): 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hmm lets see what would happen next.
Ride on op.
Re: Capital Dreams by Haakeem(m): 5:44pm On Jan 26, 2022
Twelvedemon12:
Could this be love or something else shocked
Ati love.

i remember when i falled inside my dad's trap when i was young,he did as he has forgotten about it,me self they don think say i don free, i didnt lock the room door, around 12am in the midnight the old man came with nepa cable, lockED the door and showED me shegegrin

1 Like

Re: Capital Dreams by allahIsAnIDOL: 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2022
Dodoatirice abeg wetin dey shele na?
Re: Capital Dreams by MoneyGoDrop: 6:26am On Jan 27, 2022
Ride on abeg
Re: Capital Dreams by SekaniSG: 8:04am On Jan 27, 2022
Armani don looseguard oo
Re: Capital Dreams by Twelvedemon12(m): 12:58pm On Jan 27, 2022
Haakeem:
Ati love.

i remember when i falled inside my dad's trap when i was young,he did as he has forgotten about it,me self they don think say i don free, i didnt lock the room door, around 12am in the midnight the old man came with nepa cable, lockED the door and showED me shegegrin

Those men no been show love o grin
Re: Capital Dreams by Haakeem(m): 1:02pm On Jan 27, 2022
Twelvedemon12:

Those men no been show love o grin
na for some people sha....

At still that na my pale i like pass my mama, but if were ask to choose inbetween two of them,i gat no choice than to choose mum, dad i'm sorry na she give birth to me.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

[story] The New Form Teacher(rated: 18+)…part 1 / Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? / Some Interesting Books You Have Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.