Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,478 members, 7,830,407 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

The Will That Calmed My Friend - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Will That Calmed My Friend (37687 Views)

Mummy Has Calmed Down And Boy Is Smiling In Short Interview After / Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by excell0001: 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2022
the father is wise. if he calms down he would achieve a lot

5 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Lovinghauwa: 11:55pm On Jan 24, 2022
"Allowing a girl" at least she is more sensible than your friend.

7 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by alphaNomega: 6:09am On Jan 25, 2022
bigpicture001:
...My friend whose dad passed on two months ago and who was so sure he will henceforth become a big boy got the shock of his life when his dad's will was read to them by his father's lawyer...

In the will his dad gave him Nothing which was unusual especially being the eldest son and coming from the Igbo tribe.. his father owns two filling station, a big and very busy half-warehouse store where he sells dangote cement wholesale, three commercial houses , a sign supermarket,3 pieces of land also one SUV and two small cars.

We suspect, it may be connected to his visibly wayward lifestyle, he has twice been sent packing from two different private University in the south east over tuancy and suspected cultism....more shocking is the late father handing over the day to day running of the firm to his oldest daughter "not his wife"

The said girl is just 24 years old but graduated as second best in the dept of economic then..his father even helped her secure a lecturing job 5months before his demise..he stated that his wife will only be an important signitory for transaction worth a million and above.

He added a clause that his son can join the management of the firms and estate only when he graduates from any University with at least a pass and record less than 7police cases before he turns 28..

Even at that he can eventually take over the firm after joining management for minimum 4years...

Abeg oo. is this. Dead man not wicked... Allowing a girl lead the house when her mum is still alive.. although she is older than the guy.. sh is the first child
How do Nigerians like you even think? Someone has demonstrated potential recklessness in his ability to get his shit together, yet you want him to control multimillion naira business ventures. No wonder you voted a twàt like Buhari in 2015.

34 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by alphaNomega: 6:11am On Jan 25, 2022
bigpicture001:

Ok.. but why didn't he hand the bizness to his wife.. thier mother

Don't u think the achievement he listed is too much..? People change na.. what if he hasn't achieve them and his sister got married.. so her husband would be controlling their bizness..?

Again, I wonder how you fucking think. Did the will say the daughter's husband will control the business?

Walahi if Nigerians use their brains for one week, this country will greatly improve angry

24 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by cayorday89(m): 9:15am On Jan 25, 2022
You and your friend seem like the wicked one here... That is an empire that is catering for a lot of people and families directly and indirectly and you want your friend to be given total control of such business so that you can also tag along going to clubs and be doing hypeman without considering the significance of such investments.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by cayorday89(m): 9:17am On Jan 25, 2022
alphaNomega:

Again, I wonder how you fucking think. Did the will say the daughter's husband will control the business?

Walahi if Nigerians use their brains for one week, this country will greatly improve angry

Come to think of it, even if he does and the business prospers is it not a win win for the dead and the living attached to the business and a loss to the so called self appointed big boy and friend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:26am On Jan 25, 2022
*He joined CULT in school.
*He changed university 2times
*He was thrown out of school, due to truancy, I believe this was (secondary level) education.
*He had several police cases , etc.

I can imagine the PAIN AND EMBARRASSMENT this EVIL CHILD must have caused the parents.

Some of these Children decide to become a black sheep and be a pain to their family.

The late man was not totally wise. The will states that the guy can join the the company if he completes his university, this is dangerous. A child like that will be a problem to his other siblings in future. The father should have rather willed one property to him, and cut him off from the family.

Atimes I pray and beg God that my womb should not carry an evil child. If I was the late man, and had a son like that, I would throw him out of the house, but give him money to go far far away and live his life, or I relocate with my other children, and leave him behind. An evil son like that might kill his other good siblings out of jealousy. The elder sister is in for trouble whenever that guy joins the family business in future. I have seen a guy who was dumped by his family, and his parents relocated abandoning him, they abandoned him till today, though at some points they began reaching out to him through phone calls.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by cayorday89(m): 9:30am On Jan 25, 2022
bigpicture001:

Don't u think the achievement he listed is too much..? People change na.. what if he hasn't achieve them and his sister got married.. so her husband would be controlling their bizness..?

Okay imagine yourself as the guy that gets married to such girl and you are asked to head such at the expense of your friend due to his attributes you stated above, what will be your reaction? Will you gladly take it or leave it with the excuse that you can't take what is suppose to be another person's position due to his first born status but yet lacking in competence.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:33am On Jan 25, 2022
Why would the sister's husband handle the family business? Was future husband's included in the will? The sister is capable and wise, and I don't believe she would allow her husband encroach into her family businesses when she gets married.
bigpicture001:

8 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by AutoChick4U(f): 1:47pm On Jan 25, 2022
greenie77:

He is not an only child thus not his inheritance! It seems you were financially benefiting from the wayward friend of yours and feel pained by the loss of income.

His late father knew that handing it over to his wife means handing it over your irresponsible friend as some mothers tend to be soft with their first sons and enable their irresponsible lifestyles.

For you to see becoming responsible and graduating before 28 while keeping a clean criminal record as wickedness on the part of the late father is a proof you are also not responsible.
That op has an entitled mentality

3 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by naija4life247: 5:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
2goodbobo:
Nothing wrong in allowing the Girl to head the businesses. Is the Girl not human? When the Boy is busy fooling around with his life?

If i was the Father i will do the same thing. Irresponsible Child be it Male or Female is a no no. I am sure the Girl will take care of the businesses and the Mother. Person way drop out of School and is wayward does not deserve anything if not he will squander everything and run the business down.

The OP is an uncivilized and uncultured local goat. The OP never born even a lizard not to talk having a child, now he is referring to a girl child as being less than his drug addict and irresponsible friend just because his friend has a dick.

11 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by frozen70(f): 9:34pm On Jan 28, 2022
bigpicture001:
...My friend whose dad passed on two months ago and who was so sure he will henceforth become a big boy got the shock of his life when his dad's will was read to them by his father's lawyer...

In the will his dad gave him Nothing which was unusual especially being the eldest son and coming from the Igbo tribe.. his father owns two filling station, a big and very busy half-warehouse store where he sells dangote cement wholesale, three commercial houses , a sign supermarket,3 pieces of land also one SUV and two small cars.

We suspect, it may be connected to his visibly wayward lifestyle, he has twice been sent packing from two different private University in the south east over tuancy and suspected cultism....more shocking is the late father handing over the day to day running of the firm to his oldest daughter "not his wife"

The said girl is just 24 years old but graduated as second best in the dept of economic then..his father even helped her secure a lecturing job 5months before his demise..he stated that his wife will only be an important signitory for transaction worth a million and above.

He added a clause that his son can join the management of the firms and estate only when he graduates from any University with at least a pass and record less than 7police cases before he turns 28..

Even at that he can eventually take over the firm after joining management for minimum 4years...

Abeg oo. is this. Dead man not wicked... Allowing a girl lead the house when her mum is still alive.. although she is older than the guy.. sh is the first child

His father is not wicked, he gave his will according to his heart desires

That guy is not serious with his future

So, since his daughter is the only sensible and serious person among them all,

Let her go ahead and wear the shoe that fits the crown

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by SeriouslySense(m): 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
The dad is not wicked, what we need to know is that wealth and power comes with responsibility.

The dads motive is very clear, we dont need to be emotional, we just need to see where the father is coming from.

Irresponsible children cannot sustain or build on the legacies of their parents, it seems like a tedious task, or overwhelming, because that child does not appreciate the process of building, or lack the interest, and was not keen in gradually building such a skill.

An irresponsible child, cannot manage and over-see, the legacy of the parents, so just like the Universe, its better to give the inheritance to someone who is capable, irrespective of gender or age.

bigpicture001:

4 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Ceska(f): 10:02pm On Jan 28, 2022
His father was a wise man. He carefully assessed his children's capabilities and not their gender.

10 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by elantraceey(f): 10:02pm On Jan 28, 2022
Very wise man.

5 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by FILEBE(m): 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
Ginaz:

you better keep that ego aside. who the ego help? she should give free entrance to the money right ? so the useless son can come chop the money to form big boy ehn?

you are a bad friend , stay away from the family . if you are a good friend , his life won't be this wayward . I wish his sister can see your writeup and drive you from the family .

you can plan with that your friend to do evil .

He even said the sister is older than the boy o. As long as the sister is older than the boy. The boy na still small boy for the sister side. He should respect the sister and mother .

4 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by superCleanworks(m): 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2022
bigpicture001:

So a girl of 24 is not fit to handle responsibilities?
Or you prefer seeing her on Timaya vidoes shaking nyash for 5k?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by tolufase: 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2022
Ginaz:
his late father was extremely a wise man. the son was already feeling on top of the world even before the death of his father , having thoughts of becoming a BIG BOY through his inheritance.

he would definitely ruined everything to the ground, his head is empty with no sense of how to handle the heavy responsibilities of his late father's legacy.

your friend should even be thankful his father didn't remove him totally from his will. atleast there is hope for him somewhere.

lazy son ! he wants to use his father's properties to form big boy. someone who couldn't stay in school to help his life.

*modified*

you are a bad friend too. for you to even think your friend's father is wicked says a lot about you. birds of the same feather fly together o. don't go and advise that your irresponsible friend to change his wayward life , be there calling his father wicked .

witches of the same coven! big boys kee una there!

Many thanks to you for this comment

2 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Remman(m): 10:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
It was because of the father's wealth that the boy was stupid. It's hard for rich people's sons to read. After all, everything is provided for them. The man is a very wise man. The wife has no future or dreams compared to the daughter. So, he did the best. He'll receive a good handshake from angel Michael as he enters heaven. Let the boy change.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Brownshoe: 10:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
This op come and regurgate that afternoon film on ROK2, i watch it too.

3 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Vinas1: 10:06pm On Jan 28, 2022
That good from his father
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by oluwaahmed: 10:06pm On Jan 28, 2022
Na Ogun go kee you so that you will ask the father in the afterlife why he was wicked to his son. This should let you know that igbo people are not sentimental when it comes to biz,hence why they are very rich.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by SeriouslySense(m): 10:06pm On Jan 28, 2022
grin cheesy cheesy
Brownshoe:
This op come and regurgate that afternoon film on ROK2, i watch it too.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by marsup: 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2022
What is wrong with a responsible girl taking the lead? Most men don't entrust anything directly to the wife, for fear of squandering it with another man.
The consequences of irresponsibility is what your friend has seen, and if he doesn't change............

5 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by vikstandon(m): 10:10pm On Jan 28, 2022
bigpicture001:

The man is a wise man and means well for the boy...Sanity must be restored on the boy.
I tell you, the father was lenient; allowing him to head his firm with a Pass from the University and giving him up to 7 chances of been wayward.
Is easy for him to get back into the management of the firm and estate if he is street intelligent, but he is a slowpoke.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by FILEBE(m): 10:10pm On Jan 28, 2022
bigpicture001:

If she and the mother are in good rapport. No issue here. The mum at this age should be enjoying and be pampered . Mum shouldn't be working but be an adviser to the children. Amoney should be used to take care of their mum .

Even the woman will will her properties to her children . The mum should just be flexing and enjoying, then giving advices to her children . That's all
Let the children work.

The father is truly a wise man

8 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by SeriouslySense(m): 10:10pm On Jan 28, 2022
If i were the daughter, i will also wisely set apart something for the elder brother, and when he fulfills the requirements or has shown reasonable progress, i will give back the portion of his inheritance, but with discretion before it was released.

So he does not know he will still receive his inheritance, and he will step-up.

2 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Ayemileto(m): 10:12pm On Jan 28, 2022
Dailyparrot:

Imagine someone that was supposed to use his father's wealth to move faster in the ladder of life, is only hoping to use it to form big boy. Probably, sleep around with women and club.

(

Omo, just imagine.

Dude even dropped out from 2 private universities.

See how he wasted the golden opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by LincolnOnyeabor: 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2022
You all are missing the point.

From all indications and Op's narrations and defense, Op is the said son.

So my guy, you want to take your inheritance, your father has outlined his conditions, the Ball is now in your court.

11 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by LadySwitz: 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2022
“Allowing a girl lead the house when her mum is still alive.. although she is older than the guy.. sh is the first child”

You are very stupid to talk about the girl In this manner. She’s a responsible girl and fit to take care of her late father’s willed property to her.sorry to say this, Most igbo sons are irresponsible and wayward. I think this has to do with bad parenting. Igbo parents allow their sons to rot away while disciplining the girl child. These boys grow up to start disturbing their old Parents as well as the community they live in. The father did well.

6 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Adrielbradshaw(f): 10:17pm On Jan 28, 2022
bigpicture001:

Have u imagined begging ur sister for money from bizness that is ur own inheritance, and sh will ignore u and go to skl...

The sis is a lecture and she placed a manager there but comes back twice a week to supervise them

How's she wicked? Na so una dey take spoil person...
Everything would have been in his care, if he was responsible enough... U want the guy to sell all d inheritance n render everybody homeless and penniless abi?
U r a wicked friend Sha, instead of you to talk sense into d@ boys head, u brought the topic here, to seek people's opinions and question the father's decision..... It is obvious, d@ birds of same feathers flock together.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Forgives Her Father 27 Years After He Abandoned Her / Agonies Of A Child Born Of A Wicked Mother / Lady Travels To The US To Give Birth, Dumps Husband, Gives Child Up For Adoption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.