Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

The Will That Calmed My Friend - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Will That Calmed My Friend (37647 Views)

Mummy Has Calmed Down And Boy Is Smiling In Short Interview After / Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:40am On Jan 29, 2022
19-20yrs as at then. Till today he hasn't relocated, despite that he acts like a changed person.
BennyDGreat:

Like how old was he when they abandoned him?
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:43am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:
...My friend whose dad passed on two months ago and who was so sure he will henceforth become a big boy got the shock of his life when his dad's will was read to them by his father's lawyer...

In the will his dad gave him Nothing which was unusual especially being the eldest son and coming from the Igbo tribe.. his father owns two filling station, a big and very busy half-warehouse store where he sells dangote cement wholesale, three commercial houses , a sign supermarket,3 pieces of land also one SUV and two small cars.

We suspect, it may be connected to his visibly wayward lifestyle, he has twice been sent packing from two different private University in the south east over tuancy and suspected cultism....more shocking is the late father handing over the day to day running of the firm to his oldest daughter "not his wife"

The said girl is just 24 years old but graduated as second best in the dept of economic then..his father even helped her secure a lecturing job 5months before his demise..he stated that his wife will only be an important signitory for transaction worth a million and above.

He added a clause that his son can join the management of the firms and estate only when he graduates from any University with at least a pass and record less than 7police cases before he turns 28..

Even at that he can eventually take over the firm after joining management for minimum 4years...

Abeg oo. is this. Dead man not wicked... Allowing a girl lead the house when her mum is still alive.. although she is older than the guy.. sh is the first child
this is beautiful

1 Like

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by twosquare(m): 8:46am On Jan 29, 2022
Agbojulogun fira re fun oshi (A person who relies on his parents' inheritance delivers himself to poverty) - Yoruba Proverb
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by DaddyFabooluz(m): 8:52am On Jan 29, 2022
Birds of the same feathers flock together so the op must also be a wayward friend for not being able to advise his friend and for also calling the father wicked for being a wise man. I am not surprised of the tribe because I have seen alot of them and their ego when it comes to being a first son.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by teemy(m): 8:52am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:

Ok.. but why didn't he hand the bizness to his wife.. thier mother

Don't u think the achievement he listed is too much..? People change na.. what if he hasn't achieve them and his sister got married.. so her husband would be controlling their bizness..?

Mums can easily be arm twisted. Most likely mumsi fed your friend's bad habbits by not being strict with him in the past.

Then he had better hurry up with his schooling. What the dad planned for your friend is like having an away prince come to his inheritance but he needs to prove himself as being capable. It's love, even if it is tough love. One day in the future, he will go to his dad's grave to say "Thank you dad".

The dad though in death has planned out a good future for his son only if he would be serious with his own life. Having to limit his police cases to 7 before age 28 shows your friend is on a fast downward spiral that the dad hoped to stall.

The dad is also wise in putting the mum in control of the 1m checks. That way, an outsider cannot overthrow the biz. Some even use a board of trustees.

The wealth is the dad's sweat, he can do with it as he wishes. That is why it is called 'HIS WILL'

Be a good friend and encourage your pal to be the best he can be.

Wishing you well - Teemy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Lokojatoofar: 8:52am On Jan 29, 2022
Op and people like him is why the world is bad.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by pizapato(m): 9:01am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:

Have u imagined begging ur sister for money from bizness that is ur own inheritance, and sh will ignore u and go to skl...

The sis is a lecture and she placed a manager there but comes back twice a week to supervise them

You and your so called friend are silly. You entitlement mentality stinks

Who said it is his inheritance. The father can decide whoever he wants to will his business and property.
Also for the man to hand over the business to the lady and not the wife, he definitely understood the financial discipline of every member of the house. The daughter might have been involved in the running of the business before now.
Besides, the man probably knew handling the business over to the wife will give the son unrestricted access to the business money.

A very wise man, dealt with everyone appropriately cheesy
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by AfroKnight: 9:28am On Jan 29, 2022
It’s so irritating to see the sheer sense of entitlement displayed by the OP.

It is also disgusting that you don’t consider the daughter as a competent human being even though she’s older, more educated and more successful than the boy.

What is wrong with you?

1 Like

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by twosquare(m): 9:39am On Jan 29, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
*He joined CULT in school.
*He changed university 2times
*He was thrown out of school, due to truancy, I believe this was (secondary level) education.
*He had several police cases , etc.

I can imagine the PAIN AND EMBARRASSMENT this EVIL CHILD must have caused the parents.

Some of these Children decide to become a black sheep and be a pain to their family.

The late man was not totally wise. The will states that the guy can join the the company if he completes his university, this is dangerous. A child like that will be a problem to his other siblings in future. The father should have rather willed one property to him, and cut him off from the family.

Atimes I pray and beg God that my womb should not carry an evil child. If I was the late man, and had a son like that, I would throw him out of the house, but give him money to go far far away and live his life, or I relocate with my other children, and leave him behind. An evil son like that might kill his other good siblings out of jealousy. The elder sister is in for trouble whenever that guy joins the family business in future. I have seen a guy who was dumped by his family, and his parents relocated abandoning him, they abandoned him till today, though at some points they began reaching out to him through phone calls.

"Even at that he can eventually take over the firm after joining management for minimum 4years..."

That is one of the conditions...minimum (he won't take over the company like that)...the father expects that perhaps he would have been made wise after finishing uni, then most importantly, less than 7 police cases...knowing the nature of the son, he knows it will take someone who becomes born again and forsake his ways, to fulfil most of those conditions. If he can't forsake his ways, no show for the guy. How much he wants the inheritance will determine how much he is ready to change. The obtaining of the inheritance is tied to "ways".

And to those who are afraid he may harm the sister, even at that, the inheritance will not be handed over so far he fails to meet the conditions. The law is the law. So, no gain here.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Vicoymi: 10:14am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:
...My friend whose dad passed on two months ago and who was so sure he will henceforth become a big boy got the shock of his life when his dad's will was read to them by his father's lawyer...

In the will his dad gave him Nothing which was unusual especially being the eldest son and coming from the Igbo tribe.. his father owns two filling station, a big and very busy half-warehouse store where he sells dangote cement wholesale, three commercial houses , a sign supermarket,3 pieces of land also one SUV and two small cars.

We suspect, it may be connected to his visibly wayward lifestyle, he has twice been sent packing from two different private University in the south east over tuancy and suspected cultism....more shocking is the late father handing over the day to day running of the firm to his oldest daughter "not his wife"

The said girl is just 24 years old but graduated as second best in the dept of economic then..his father even helped her secure a lecturing job 5months before his demise..he stated that his wife will only be an important signitory for transaction worth a million and above.

He added a clause that his son can join the management of the firms and estate only when he graduates from any University with at least a pass and record less than 7police cases before he turns 28..

Even at that he can eventually take over the firm after joining management for minimum 4years...

Abeg oo. is this. Dead man not wicked... Allowing a girl lead the house when her mum is still alive.. although she is older than the guy.. sh is the first child
may I never have people like you around me
God forbid

3 Likes

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Agboconsult1(m): 10:34am On Jan 29, 2022
The OP asking is "the dead man not wicked"...you said ur friend is waywar. Do you expect the man to hand over everything to a wayward son, so that u and him can go on lavish spending right?

Give women chance abeg, i know the matter the pain you.

The man made a good decision. Haven't you read about some wealthy men who donated half of their wealth to charity and foundations.?
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by bigman001(m): 10:46am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:

Why would you say such a thing that the dead man is wicked because you want to support your friends wayward life abi? at his age he has been rusticated from 2 different university , and he is always having police cases , which father will be proud of such a son, he the father has been wayward during his youth life do you think he can acquire all he has now for the kids? He made the best decision and the guy needs to buckle up and become a good child not because he wants to but because he needs to lead by example. he is lucky he is from a comfortable family yet he is messing up his life.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by midolian(m): 10:51am On Jan 29, 2022
Ginaz:

you better keep that ego aside. who the ego help? she should give free entrance to the money right ? so the useless son can come chop the money to form big boy ehn?

you are a bad friend , stay away from the family . if you are a good friend , his life won't be this wayward . I wish his sister can see your writeup and drive you from the family .

you can plan with that your friend to do evil .
God bless you

My own fear is that they don't look for a way to eliminate the girl so as to take over these things by force. If the friend can sound this desperate, it sends a scary message...
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by TheSameGuy(m): 11:10am On Jan 29, 2022
Whether good or bad, no child Should be exempted from inheritance.

This particular thing done by the late dad has already caused bad blood between the sweet family, Never will that boy be in good term with the girl.

He can even get her killed.

This is why it's good to plan accordingly what God's commandment.

No will in Islam, your property has already been shared even before you're birthed by Islamic jurisprudence.

No Will, no bad blood
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by TheSameGuy(m): 11:15am On Jan 29, 2022
1736sx:
[s][/s]

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by BluntCrazeMan: 11:19am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:

You're a bad friend.
Both you and that your lazy cultist friend are not wise at all..
Fools so to so.
You should be advising your friend to wise up and go and meet his father's conditions..
And you both are here plotting wickedness on top of a dead wise man’s properties.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by MaverickA3: 12:14pm On Jan 29, 2022
Read what you quoted again. Read careful the part where I used the word heir Nevertheless, you are right to some extent
LilMissFavvy:
If the man didn't train his children well, how come the girl came out best in every aspect of life? The daughter will definitely end up with a responsible husband, and I wish her future husband will step in and assist in the businesses in future, so as to protect the man's daughter from being killed by the evil son. Better for responsible outsider to help manage family business, than a useless evil son. That business will always be of help to the late man's grand children.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by davillian(m): 12:39pm On Jan 29, 2022
freshalien:

Your last requirement made me burst out in laughter. grin grin

But all your requirements are very reasonable. However, I keep asking aren’t these things he ought to do normally? Does his father need to put it on his will as a requirement before he knows he would be responsible? That fact alone makes me already lose hope that the young man would ever be redeemed.
Some children are just never serious
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Abdulpro1(m): 12:52pm On Jan 29, 2022
This right here is my kind of human, i will do this and a lot lot more, quote me anywhere.
You want to be wayward abi, i will even start cheering you on if all efforts to rehabilitate you proves abortive, but trust me, i will deal with you.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by divineappo(m): 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:

Op, you are asking if the dead man is not wicked

You asked that question because you are very very very stupi*d, you don't have sense just like your friend, whom his father taught a good lesson.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Born2Breed(f): 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2022
Very wise man
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by CalmElder(m): 3:48pm On Jan 29, 2022
My dad would have done worse.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Goldentulip2: 3:52pm On Jan 29, 2022
Clap for him. The father has done VERY well
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by openmine(m): 5:55pm On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:

Have u imagined begging ur sister for money from bizness that is ur own inheritance, and sh will ignore u and go to skl...

The sis is a lecture and she placed a manager there but comes back twice a week to supervise them
How is that his inheritance?
No wonder he was bragging about becoming a big boy!
He would have destroyed a business a man spent years and sweat building!
For the fact that the late father included conditions like reduced police cases simply implies that the son was really in the wrong side of the law which automatically make him a liability!
Would you hand your business or enterprise to such an irresponsible fellow?
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Rajahbite(m): 6:31pm On Jan 29, 2022
This reminds me of a novel titled ; The Testament, authored by John Grisham.

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by coolclarke(m): 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2022
The baba is so wise!
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by basadenet: 6:38pm On Jan 29, 2022
The father has done the right, if not, his empire will crumble like a pack of cards in no distance time.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by ebig21(m): 8:52pm On Jan 29, 2022
He can challenge that will in a court, his father cannot disinherit him. There’s is a law which can help him, he should get a lawyer, by the time wey all of them go court that her sister go call for out of court settlement find an his share
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Posha(m): 9:27am On Jan 30, 2022
very very wise man
dawnomike:
His father was a wise man...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Agonies Of A Child Born Of A Wicked Mother / His Wife Is Always Tired At Night For Sex / This Girl Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.