Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,506 members, 7,958,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:45 PM

The Will That Calmed My Friend - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Will That Calmed My Friend (37996 Views)

Mummy Has Calmed Down And Boy Is Smiling In Short Interview After / Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by chuksoyo21(m): 6:21am On Jan 29, 2022
dawnomike:
His father was a wise man...
Not just wise, but a good man...
He was lucky he was left with an option...
Nobody enteusts his will to a way-ward child...
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Obajuxxl(m): 6:23am On Jan 29, 2022
I don't know why people always feel they are entitled to their parent's inheritance. Go and hustle on your own. The only inheritance a parent can leave for his children is by sending them to a good school and laying a good foundation for their future, not properties.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by BennyDGreat: 6:27am On Jan 29, 2022
QueenEkongUlmtd:
Hello Everyone, I'm an upcoming Artiste and I currently specialize in celebrating people during their birthday celebration/Wedding/House warming/ Book Launch etc by recording a song/video.

I celebrated everyone who crossed over from last year (2021) to this New year (2022).

Positive vibes only.

Check out the video and be celebrated!

Please, help me grow my career as you like my videos on YouTube and subscribe to my channel.

I love you all
God bless you!

With Love, Queen Ekong

Here's the song/video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeMzqPLXGsY

Open I.G and Tiktok
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by malel1: 6:29am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:

Have u imagined begging ur sister for money from bizness that is ur own inheritance, and sh will ignore u and go to skl...

The sis is a lecture and she placed a manager there but comes back twice a week to supervise them

You are a wicked human being,I just pray I don’t advice him to So something wrong
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by umuna(m): 6:30am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:

Have u imagined begging ur sister for money from bizness that is ur own inheritance, and sh will ignore u and go to skl...

The sis is a lecture and she placed a manager there but comes back twice a week to supervise them

Who made it his inheritance? No wonder your friend refused to be responsible so that both of you will squander everything that the man had laboured for. Mr. Adviser, tell your friend to go and Hassle to make his own money. The Supreme court judgment have given women in the East to have inheritance from their fathers wealth.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by InvertedHammer: 6:45am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:
...My friend whose dad passed on two months ago and who was so sure he will henceforth become a big boy got the shock of his life when his dad's will was read to them by his father's lawyer...

In the will his dad gave him Nothing which was unusual especially being the eldest son and coming from the Igbo tribe.. his father owns two filling station, a big and very busy half-warehouse store where he sells dangote cement wholesale, three commercial houses , a sign supermarket,3 pieces of land also one SUV and two small cars.

We suspect, it may be connected to his visibly wayward lifestyle, he has twice been sent packing from two different private University in the south east over tuancy and suspected cultism....more shocking is the late father handing over the day to day running of the firm to his oldest daughter "not his wife"

The said girl is just 24 years old but graduated as second best in the dept of economic then..his father even helped her secure a lecturing job 5months before his demise..he stated that his wife will only be an important signitory for transaction worth a million and above.

He added a clause that his son can join the management of the firms and estate only when he graduates from any University with at least a pass and record less than 7police cases before he turns 28..

Even at that he can eventually take over the firm after joining management for minimum 4years...

Abeg oo. is this. Dead man not wicked... Allowing a girl lead the house when her mum is still alive.. although she is older than the guy.. sh is the first child
/

Do you expect him to hand over his wealth to a vagabond who will end up destroying everything for everybody?

/
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by ALABACONNECT(m): 6:45am On Jan 29, 2022
A smart move
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by CashVessel(m): 6:50am On Jan 29, 2022
Beautiful will! Your parents don't owe you their wealth. What they owe you is good education.

1 Like

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by anthonyuncle(m): 6:55am On Jan 29, 2022
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
silverkings:

The OP is the friend grin. How will a friend got to know every detail of the will? This one na bitter lesson oo

am telling you.

he thought we wouldn't know
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by anthonyuncle(m): 6:56am On Jan 29, 2022
ImaIma1:

This is very true. And mums almost always give in while a sister might be more strict.

when a girl is disciplined, breaking/penetrating her mind is very difficult
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by iguita: 7:00am On Jan 29, 2022
Saying these are too much is just previlegde. Poor folks achieve this without even the hope of getting a job. This one even had goodies attached to him graduating.
socialmediaman:

Are these the achievements that are too much? Explain why please
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by iguita: 7:03am On Jan 29, 2022
This is what an Igbo man represents. Someone who hustled for his money and cares about it. His daughter seems poised to manage his money well. His wife is also in charge if she is needed for transactions over a million. It's the boy that I am concerned about. He needs to drop his priveldge and go hustle. His dad owes him nothing!!!!!
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by passover221(m): 7:04am On Jan 29, 2022
And I'm sure you have been friends with the eediot just because of the plenty money he would have inherited. Pele oo, inheritance Kee una der, you are a very bad friend am I perceive that you and your friend have a hand in the death of his father.

The man was definitely a wise man, no wise man will hand over his edifice to a wayward son who is also a suspected cultist. His mother may also be in support of his wayward lifestyle that is why she wasn't giving a chance too.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Udodiri01: 7:10am On Jan 29, 2022
Ur father for add marriage.. Join
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by JuanDeDios: 7:11am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:
...My friend whose dad passed on two months ago and who was so sure he will henceforth become a big boy got the shock of his life when his dad's will was read to them by his father's lawyer...

In the will his dad gave him Nothing which was unusual especially being the eldest son and coming from the Igbo tribe.. his father owns two filling station, a big and very busy half-warehouse store where he sells dangote cement wholesale, three commercial houses , a sign supermarket,3 pieces of land also one SUV and two small cars.

We suspect, it may be connected to his visibly wayward lifestyle, he has twice been sent packing from two different private University in the south east over tuancy and suspected cultism....more shocking is the late father handing over the day to day running of the firm to his oldest daughter "not his wife"

The said girl is just 24 years old but graduated as second best in the dept of economic then..his father even helped her secure a lecturing job 5months before his demise..he stated that his wife will only be an important signitory for transaction worth a million and above.

He added a clause that his son can join the management of the firms and estate only when he graduates from any University with at least a pass and record less than 7police cases before he turns 28..

Even at that he can eventually take over the firm after joining management for minimum 4years...

Abeg oo. is this. Dead man not wicked... Allowing a girl lead the house when her mum is still alive.. although she is older than the guy.. sh is the first child
Seems our people are beginning to have sense.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by McCoy662(m): 7:11am On Jan 29, 2022
OP, are u sure u are not the one that killed the man so u will start flexing with your "big boy" friend?
The man is an original igbo man; always wise with foresight. He knows what will become of his investments if he entrusted it with the fugitive son.
RIP wise man!
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by mapet: 7:14am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:

Ok.. but why didn't he hand the bizness to his wife.. thier mother

Don't u think the achievement he listed is too much..? People change na.. what if he hasn't achieve them and his sister got married.. so her husband would be controlling their bizness..?
Bros,

The father probably knows that if he hands over to the wife, women are overtly soft with sons, she will overturn the will and hand everything to the errant son
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Skmoda360(m): 7:19am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:

Don't u think the achievement he listed is too much..? People change na.. what if he hasn't achieve them and his sister got married.. so her husband would be controlling their bizness..?
Ogbeni your talk dey smell .....
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by fof1: 7:23am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:

The Dead Man While alive Saw the Wife's Mischief in Over Pampering their First Son...resulting in his Decadence. He Deliberately gave Authority to the First Daughter to Maintain Progress of his Wealth Creation Processes. He did very well Pls. The Son should Build himself and his Wealth Pls
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Nikes(m): 7:32am On Jan 29, 2022
Wise man. To think the op sides with the said son tells a lot about his person. Sure say no be Op b the prodigal son sef?
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by freshalien: 7:38am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:

Which kind myopic thinking be dis? How would her husband control the business, is it his name that is in the will? The late man simply picked the best brain in his family to handle his business and keep it going.

And what requirements are too high? Isn’t that what he ought to do normally even without it being stated in his late father’s will? Do you need to have it spelt out in your father’s will before you know you should have no cases with police? Is there something wrong with you in your head?

1 Like

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Tinyemeka(m): 7:41am On Jan 29, 2022
davillian:
His father is nice....
He should graduate
He should have less than 7 police case
He should work with the company for 4 years before taking over....
His father still trust and believe in him......

Me o
No police case
He should graduate with a 1st or second class
He would work with the company for 10 yes get married have a kid
before he can take over grin

Chop knuckle!
We think alike.
I was even saying that the father was extremely lenient with the boy in giving the condition that the boy should graduate with a Pass.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by freshalien: 7:47am On Jan 29, 2022
davillian:
His father is nice....
He should graduate
He should have less than 7 police case
He should work with the company for 4 years before taking over....
His father still trust and believe in him......

Me o
No police case
He should graduate with a 1st or second class
He would work with the company for 10 yes get married have a kid before he can take over grin

Your last requirement made me burst out in laughter. grin grin

But all your requirements are very reasonable. However, I keep asking aren’t these things he ought to do normally? Does his father need to put it on his will as a requirement before he knows he would be responsible? That fact alone makes me already lose hope that the young man would ever be redeemed.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Sensiblerealist: 7:47am On Jan 29, 2022
If the OP is the said boy or not, there is still ample time to redirect his steps.
Work hard at it, change circle of friends, turn a new leaf and show everyone impossible is nothing.
He can even use them as a spring board to become successful and 'shame' them all.
Then the story would be magnificent to hear in later years.
I only hope he doesn't harbour resentment and listen to wicked counsel to do the sister or family harm in trying to claim what might be his or not depending on how you look at it.
Best wishes

Dailyparrot:

From the replies, there's no friend here. Op is the person in question.

His father is an Economist either professionally or through his business experience.

That's why he looked through the family and got a good manager. The wife isn't and that's why she was not chosen.

Imagine someone that was supposed to use his father's wealth to move faster in the ladder of life, is only hoping to use it to form big boy. Probably, sleep around with women and club.

Op, your sister ignores your demand for money only when the demand is irrelevant and wasteful. There's no way she will deny you money for your school fees or something important.

Your sister is 24 and older than you. That means you are much younger from 28 years. Your father gave you a long time to become responsible.

If you don't use your time well, you will regret it. Read this again. sad
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Tinyemeka(m): 7:48am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:

Dad didn't hand the estate to mum, because I highly suspect that he believed it was mum's excessive free handedness and lack of discipline with you sorry your friend, that caused your his waywardness and unproductive state. Therefore if he'd left the management of the Estate in her custody, a similar fate would befall the Estate.

1 Like

Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Sensiblerealist: 7:52am On Jan 29, 2022
Very horrible smell indeed

Skmoda360:

Ogbeni your talk dey smell .....
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:

Firstly, you are the friend stop deceiving people.
Secondly, I just hope with this bitter and entitling mentality of yours, you would not end up killing your sister so you can take over and squander your father’s inheritance.

Your father made the BEST choice by leaving your sister in charge of his company. You on the other hand, I think your father was even lenient with you sef. He should have increased that condition by saying you must Graduate from any university with at least a 2:2, no police case and be of good conduct, work under your sister in the company for at least 4 years, then mandates you to get married and have atleast a child before you would be allowed to take over from your sister and also if anything happens to your sister before all these conditions are met, all his inheritance should be given out to charity because you are obviously a cultist that has mixed with the wrong crowd and is capable of anything
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by henrimoto(m): 8:01am On Jan 29, 2022
Ginaz:
his late father was extremely a wise man. the son was already feeling on top of the world even before the death of his father , having thoughts of becoming a BIG BOY through his inheritance.

he would definitely ruined everything to the ground, his head is empty with no sense of how to handle the heavy responsibilities of his late father's legacy.

your friend should even be thankful his father didn't remove him totally from his will. atleast there is hope for him somewhere.

lazy son ! he wants to use his father's properties to form big boy. someone who couldn't stay in school to help his life.

*modified*

you are a bad friend too. for you to even think your friend's father is wicked says a lot about you. birds of the same feather fly together o. don't go and advise that your irresponsible friend to change his wayward life , be there calling his father wicked .

witches of the same coven! big boys kee una there!
@ ginaz. Na benin woman you be ? ..
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by amaks: 8:17am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:

I was reading a beautiful wise story but you spoilt it with your st#pid opinion at the end.
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Muzikluva(m): 8:29am On Jan 29, 2022
Ginaz:
his late father was extremely a wise man. the son was already feeling on top of the world even before the death of his father , having thoughts of becoming a BIG BOY through his inheritance.

he would definitely ruined everything to the ground, his head is empty with no sense of how to handle the heavy responsibilities of his late father's legacy.

your friend should even be thankful his father didn't remove him totally from his will. atleast there is hope for him somewhere.

lazy son ! he wants to use his father's properties to form big boy. someone who couldn't stay in school to help his life.

*modified*

you are a bad friend too. for you to even think your friend's father is wicked says a lot about you. birds of the same feather fly together o. don't go and advise that your irresponsible friend to change his wayward life , be there calling his father wicked .

witches of the same coven! big boys kee una there!
If I could send you kisses for this post, I would! grin grin grin cheesy
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by chika0072(m): 8:29am On Jan 29, 2022
bigpicture001:

Why will u say the father is wicked...abeg u are attracting insults to your self by that single line
Re: The Will That Calmed My Friend by Jimasun: 8:35am On Jan 29, 2022
The father did well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? / 11 Illustrations Showing That Moms Definitely Use Magic / I Slept On A Snake On My Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.