Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1208054 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ensamy(m): 6:39pm On Jan 25, 2022
mimilyrics:
Personal/credibility statements are for you to sell yourself so go for it. Tell a story of your motivations, your unique experiences and why you applied for the course.
Ok thank you I am going to hit it real good.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mimilyrics: 6:41pm On Jan 25, 2022
Why don't you ask your school? They are best-positioned to answer you.
For some of the schools that I'm conversant with, you can combine multiple discounts but not scholarships (for scholarships, the highest one is applied to your fees). Lincoln might be different.
Kimberx:
Please this scholarship that is stated below is what is written for fees before application in university of Lincoln
Would it still apply in case of the 5000 discount for Africa discount

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by RIZE554: 7:00pm On Jan 25, 2022
Which TLS?
captainxero:
Hello house, please I want to ask if anybody here is in the same situation I am in.i did my biometric on the 15th of December 2021 and I got nsf mail requesting for work experience on the 5th of January which I replied the same day .i have sent 3 paid mails and even called but they keep telling me they have escalated my case to the relevant department and I should wait another 15 working days for them to get back to me.my school deadline is next week.has anyone been in such situation before ? Please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Madeforher(f): 7:23pm On Jan 25, 2022
Ahamzii12:
RGU accept NECO. That's what I used.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kimberx: 7:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
mimilyrics:
Why don't you ask your school? They are best-positioned to answer you.
For some of the schools that I'm conversant with, you can combine multiple discounts but not scholarships (for scholarships, the highest one is applied to your fees). Lincoln might be different.

Thank you
I’ll do that

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ahamzii12: 7:29pm On Jan 25, 2022
Madeforher:

Thanks so much for your reply I really appreciate.What course do you applied for please?
project management
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Tycoon027: 7:50pm On Jan 25, 2022
Good day House,Anyone with an idea of a School in Birmingham or Sheffield that accepts HND Graduate for Masters?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bouffdaddy99: 7:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
RIZE554:
Which TLS?
My husband visa did exactly like yours,I am so sorry you are going through this
So this is what we did . His biometrics was 16th and he just got his visa yestd
He got an nsf mail on 5th he replied on 7th. and sent a paid mail on 13th ( no decision made)and afterwards he escalated.
He also sent another paid mail on 19th to ask for decision status and decision was made. So I think u shld send a paid mail to check if decision is made and I think it shld come out shortly after that. Or try to do a pickup at tls, sometimes we can never tell.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by donogaga(m): 8:22pm On Jan 25, 2022
ensamy:
I have an M.Sc in Microbiology, and applied another M.Sc in Molecular microbiology for a career shift or change, now the school wants me to provide credibility statement , that's Personal statement to prove I am genuine. Hope this is not roadblock. Please any one done credibility statement.

Why didn't you apply for PHD instead?

I don't think it's cool to apply for M.Sc with M.Sc.

You aren't supposed to declare your M.Sc status. You should have applied with your B.Sc.

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by efosakelly: 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2022
captainxero:
Hello house, please I want to ask if anybody here is in the same situation I am in.i did my biometric on the 15th of December 2021 and I got nsf mail requesting for work experience on the 5th of January which I replied the same day .i have sent 3 paid mails and even called but they keep telling me they have escalated my case to the relevant department and I should wait another 15 working days for them to get back to me.my school deadline is next week.has anyone been in such situation before ? Please help

You are not alone, Though mine is DEC 21, I got NSF mail nothing requested on the 12 JAN. they did not request anything from me, i also have a friend in similar situation who did biometric on DEC 20 got NSF twice, first request nothing JAN11, second JAN 21 he got another NSF mail requesting evidence of employment or studies, , I have send several email, until yesterday see below response i got from them.

""Thank you for your enquiry.

Apologies for the delay on your application. Your case is currently under consideration and is being worked on. Please be assured that we will conclude your application and return any documents we hold as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.""

like say i tell them say i get patience, i have decided to keep an open mind and not send them any mail again, until i see collection mail, i don't want anything to put me under unnecessary pressure.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kenson1: 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2022
Good day house,
Pls how do I process form A and which bank is the fastest.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Layii(f): 8:44pm On Jan 25, 2022
Hi house, please any hope for January intake that are yet to receive cas from dmu. This thing is draining me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by donogaga(m): 8:59pm On Jan 25, 2022
Ahamzii12:
VISA ALERT!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

Faithful God to him be all the glory.

Biometrics :31st December. TLS Abuja.
Application moved to VAC 25th January.
Application received by VAC 25th January.
Collected 25th January.
I refuse to send a paid mail.
No NSF mail.
14years study gap.
5 months to passport expiration. I was told is minimal of 6 months.
DOCUMENTS submitted.  WAEC, TB cert, Degree cert. That's all. No work reference .
Indeed WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT EXIST.
You are next to testify in Jesus Name. Amen

Congratulations.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Tycoon027: 9:38pm On Jan 25, 2022
You guys should answer me Edakun. University in Birmingham or Sheffield that accepts HND Degree for Master
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mojisolab: 9:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
Kimberx:

Thank you
I’ll do that
You can only get one scholarship from Lincoln.
You are entitled to the 5k scholarship if you have 2;1 or 2:2 and its automatic
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 25, 2022
Tycoon027:
You guys should answer me Edakun. University in Birmingham or Sheffield that accepts HND Degree for Master

Third class holders and HND holders can get 1 year UK Masters admission directly if you have valid and many work experience. Check Howoheye and my post (hosey) in the link below for UK universities that accept Masters directly from HND and Third class graduates with success stories:

https://www.nairaland.com/6331164/uk-student-visa-tier-4/372#102024310

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mannymanny: 9:55pm On Jan 25, 2022
Tycoon027:
Good day House,Anyone with an idea of a School in Birmingham or Sheffield that accepts HND Graduate for Masters?
Sheffield Hallam Uni
University College Birmingham

What grade tho?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by triumphantboi(m): 10:29pm On Jan 25, 2022
Good evening my Oga’s .....

Please can anyone suggest good accredited and understanding laboratories for pre Covid test in Lagos

Treat as urgent

Cc: All
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mimilyrics: 10:39pm On Jan 25, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SpongeBobSP: 10:41pm On Jan 25, 2022
ensamy:
I have an M.Sc in Microbiology, and applied another M.Sc in Molecular microbiology for a career shift or change, now the school wants me to provide credibility statement , that's Personal statement to prove I am genuine. Hope this is not roadblock. Please any one done credibility statement.

Hi, what school and what's the process like? I've got a BSc in microbiology and I'm just exploring all my options.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ensamy(m): 10:44pm On Jan 25, 2022
donogaga:

Why didn't you apply for PHD instead?

I don't think it's cool to apply for M.Sc with M.Sc.

You aren't supposed to declare your M.Sc status. You should have applied with your B.Sc.
I applied because I wanted a career change towards my PhD. I applied with B.Sc alone and the question of 12years gap came up , then I mentioned work and M.Sc which knocked off the 12 years study gap and IELTS earlier requested,
But I was only asked for Explanation for the 2nd M.Sc so that application to be fully considered.
For example if I do Bioinformatics without a solid foundation on Molecular microbiology I think it would in the future not make me to be fully grounded. Theses are areas which are fully lacking in Nigeria. How many Professors in Nigeria can do DNA/RNA sequencing ??, Go round our Universities. Sars-cov-2, Delta variant, Omicron , does it mean we don't have a different variant here ? It may be just because of lack of the technology to perform this analysis. Just like Polio virus variant and many more circulating emerging viruses may be circulating but lack of the technology to trace these things hampers development in this sector, instead we send these samples to Ghana and Sout Africa for sequencing, so they is a big problem to solve in Nigeria. I am going for Molecular microbiology and then later Bioinformatics in PhD.
The few molecular scientists here in Nigeria who are running all the PCR Covid-19 tests earn almost 350k to 500k per month and maybe almost all or less than 1% including the ones at all our Universities can sequence DNA/RNA of isolates gotten (genomics).They is a problem and big technological gap in Nigeria.
Even at our NCDC Abuja (I stand to be corrected).

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ensamy(m): 11:06pm On Jan 25, 2022
SpongeBobSP:

Hi, what school and what's the process like? I've got a BSc in microbiology and I'm just exploring all my options.
Nottingham Trent university and other universities in UK or other areas, if you are interested in molecular microbiology it's good because everything in the Microbiology lab has gone molecular, Covid-19 exposed lot of things Otherwise you will be left behind as a Microbiologist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Osoderi(m): 11:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
MrsDanex:
Okay, thanks. Was it because of the food you said it’s fair? And did I have to do pre covid test for fully vaccinated person? Please just enlighten me on what to expect before boarding. Thanks

Just the food I am not happy about. I even requested to change seat, was not comfortable were I sat.

Yes u will have to do pre covid test, day 2 , just order and print the order mail, then fill the lucutor form and just print the front cover to show at the airport. Just make sure u print two pre covid test BC one will be taken at the airport and one shown at instabul.
Your luggage should be 23kg

Nothing much, just make sure if you like food, buy many snacks like meat pie oooo. OR chop well well bf u enter flight. Na night flight ooo.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by africahero1: 11:39pm On Jan 25, 2022
Good evening house, please I intend to pay my ihs fee and visa fee tomorrow morning using barter dollar card.
Now where I need help is I need an explanation on how to pay for it using the virtual card.
Ahbeg make una no vex for my silly question.
Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sazjun76: 11:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
Please who knows any school in the UK for May 2022 intake. It's urgent thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Osoderi(m): 12:12am On Jan 26, 2022
temmyti:
LOL, please did you need a covid test? I am fully vaccinated

Yes u need a covid test
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Teecol: 1:09am On Jan 26, 2022
Dear Nairalander, i need your help.
My visa was refused last year Sept 2021, i put in an Administrative review immediately and To God be the glory the decision was overturned. i was told to submit my passport in November 2021, i submitted on the 24th November 2021. its been 2months now and im yet to get a response from them.
Although i couldn't meet up with last year academic session which was Sept 2021, since the AR came out late, so i have to wait for the next session Sept 2022, because the university only has Sept session for my course.

Has anyone been in this situation? pls what can i do next ? im yet to get my passport back since Nov2021 and i'm yet to hear from the home office since then. Kindly advice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ggoldmine: 1:24am On Jan 26, 2022
Polish this write-up and send to the university.

ensamy:

I applied because I wanted a career change towards my PhD. I applied with B.Sc alone and the question of 12years gap came up , then I mentioned work and M.Sc which knocked off the 12 years study gap and IELTS earlier requested,
But I was only asked for Explanation for the 2nd M.Sc so that application to be fully considered.
For example if I do Bioinformatics without a solid foundation on Molecular microbiology I think it would in the future not make me to be fully grounded. Theses are areas which are fully lacking in Nigeria. How many Professors in Nigeria can do DNA/RNA sequencing ??, Go round our Universities. Sars-cov-2, Delta variant, Omicron , does it mean we don't have a different variant here , No, just because of lack of the technology, Polio virus variant and many things happening but lack of technology instead we send samples to Ghana for sequencing, so they is a big problem to solve in Nigeria. I am going for Molecular microbiology and the Bioinformatics in PhD.
The few molecular scientist here in Nigeria running all this PCR Covid-19 test earn almost 350k to 500k per month but maybe almost all or less than 1% including the ones at all our Universities can fully sequence a DNA/RNA of isolates, genomics. There's a problem and gap in Nigeria.
Even at our NCDC Abuja (I stand to be corrected).

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mannymanny: 1:36am On Jan 26, 2022
sazjun76:
Please who knows any school in the UK for May 2022 intake. It's urgent thanks
Google it out... it also depends on course

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Dimejidude(m): 2:09am On Jan 26, 2022
africahero1:
Good evening house, please I intend to pay my ihs fee and visa fee tomorrow morning using barter dollar card.
Now where I need help is I need an explanation on how to pay for it using the virtual card.
Ahbeg make una no vex for my silly question.
Thanks in advance
Download the barter app first, and fund your account with naira (you'll see the account number to send the money to on the app). After sending the money, once they've confirmed it, they'll credit your barter account with the naira. You will then use the naira to buy dollars on the app after you've created a virtual dollar card. After this you can make your payment with the card. It's a virtual card, so the card details needed for payment are on the app. Goodluck!

8 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.