Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (1014) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1216789 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Masters77: 2:02am On Aug 02, 2022
This wait is killing me. I didn't get deferment mail so they said I will certainly get CAS. It's been over 40 days since I applied. Nothing yet

mally19:
Hello, have you gotten any response as regards your CAS, I am also still waiting and nothing yet.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by KillBill2: 2:12am On Aug 02, 2022
Richie4l:

Ok. BSc?

https://www.bachelorstudies.com/Bachelor/Criminology/United-Kingdom/amp/

Thank you, yeah I'm Bachelor's....heard one can't apply for Bachelors gat to go through foundation pathways / program

Hi,

If you’re a school leaver, the chances are you’ll have to go through a foundation pathway for an undergraduate course.

However, if you’re currently an undergraduate in a Nigerian university, you will be able to proceed to either 1st or 2nd year in a UK university. The important fact is if your GPA, English (WAEC, NECO or IELTS) meet the university requirement you’ll be offered admission.
Also bear in mind that you need a strong SOP for your application to be successful.

There are about 144 providers of your intended course in the UK. UCAS is a good website to start your search.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 2:32am On Aug 02, 2022
dharmeelawlarh:
Good evening gurus,I’ll like to commend y’all for keeping the thread active and making the process easy for everyone,I have few questions please
1)I booked a flight with Egypt air already,will I be needing yellow card for my flight?If Yes,how do I get it
2)What other things will I be needing for my flight please?
3)My TB test certificate has expired already,do I need a new one before my travel date?
I have heard you need the yellow card especially for a long transit flight on Egypt air to be able to leave the airport to the hotel that will be provided. It is needed for Egypt and not the UK. if you stay in Lagos go to Port Health at Lagos airport or try here
To get the card, follow these steps:
1. Visit www.yellowcardnigeria.com
2. Click on register
3. Fill in your personal information
4. Click on “Pay Now” generate your Remitta retrieval receipt code. With it you can pay the fee of N2000 via internet banking or by going to the bank
5. Take the payment receipt along with your international passport to the Port health services office nearest to you to get vaccinated and obtain your new yellow card.
Port health/yellow fever vaccination centres in Nigeria- https://www.health.gov.ng/doc/PORT%20HEALTH%20VACCINATION%20CENTRES%20&%20POINT%20OF%20ENTRY.pdf
Alternatively, like I said you can go to the Port health services office to make payment and get everything done. It is advisable to go prior to the dates of travel in order to avoid queues and to make payment online
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 2:34am On Aug 02, 2022
Laski00:
@Duchess90
Did my biometrics today. It was a long long day at Ikeja.
While checking my TLS site, I realized the appointment date is written as “Not set yet”. Also the UPLOAD button isn’t showing at all whereas my wife has her own appointment date still showing today and the UPLOAD button is there but cannot be clicked. Is it something to worry about?
but you have done biometrics…
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by muaa(f): 3:10am On Aug 02, 2022
Your whatsapp number

FurnitureMart01:

Not yet please send me a message on WhatsApp
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ose333(f): 5:37am On Aug 02, 2022
Khendakillz01:

Funny … I did my biometric June 9th and decision was made 27th of June. I haven’t gotten my passport back since then.

Hello, please how did you realize the decision has been made?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 5:40am On Aug 02, 2022
Hello

I had assumed you won't be leaving the airport hence the No to the first question

Please look at @Giselle237 response if you are leaving the airport to the hotel for a yellow card process

Cheers
dharmeelawlarh:

Thank you so much Duchess
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 5:41am On Aug 02, 2022
Hello

Nothing to worry about

TLS system are sometimes updated late

Cheers
Laski00:
@Duchess90
While checking my TLS site, I realized the appointment date is written as “Not set yet”. Also the UPLOAD button isn’t showing at all whereas my wife has her own appointment date still showing today and the UPLOAD button is there but cannot be clicked. Is it something to worry about?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by farnet: 5:43am On Aug 02, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by MandyA: 5:53am On Aug 02, 2022
Hi @duchess90, @mimilyrics, others,

On the declaration page for a child dependent student visa (child under age 4), I chose the B option below. Is it correct?

B) I am the applicant aged under 18
C) I am the parent or legal guardian of the applicant who is aged under 18 and completing and submitting the form on their behalf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Engineerito: 5:56am On Aug 02, 2022
House I graduated 2014 (undergraduate),just concluded my MSC February and also did convocation march but haven't yet collected my MSC certificate cos of strike can I use my msc receipts ,pics and convocation book where my name is written as evidence for study gap ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by shawnmich: 5:57am On Aug 02, 2022
Good day guru in the house... I just schedule my TV test and I can't find payment link online, was told to pay into there bank account via transfer. After transfer will I go with the receipt of payment or how can I know that my payment has been received and which documents will I go with on the appointment day?
Thank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hooged: 6:14am On Aug 02, 2022
shawnmich:
Good day guru in the house... I just schedule my TV test and I can't find payment link online, was told to pay into there bank account via transfer. After transfer will I go with the receipt of payment or how can I know that my payment has been received and which documents will I go with on the appointment day?
Thank
print out your receipt after payment and take it along with your appointment date printout , that’s enough for you to run the test .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bharkarh(m): 6:21am On Aug 02, 2022
badassProdigy:

Hull
Bangor
Strathclyde
Ravensbourne
Northumbria
Bradford
Sheffield Hallam
Middlesex
BCU
Plymouth
Stirling
Brighton
Cranfield
Glasgow
is any of these schools in London?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ose333(f): 6:29am On Aug 02, 2022
Please can someone inform me... How do people know that a decision has been made on their application, even before receiving the collection mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mattmich(m): 6:31am On Aug 02, 2022
This is not VISA requirements but FORM A. As per VISA, TB is a prerequisite for the application. The above details are for Form-A
teebaxy:
what of tb certificate.... I discovered they usually don't add it as mandatory doc to upload.... As anyone ever been denied visa for not uploading TB Cert?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Andrewgame42: 6:32am On Aug 02, 2022
Ose333:
Please can someone inform me... How do people know that a decision has been made on their application, even before receiving the collection mail?

Through paid call or mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ose333(f): 6:35am On Aug 02, 2022
Andrewgame42:

Through paid call or mail

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Realdeets: 6:45am On Aug 02, 2022
Ajiboyehify:

This your response boss was what motivated and carried me today. Got the passport around 4 but was still able to do walk in with my spouse. Thank God for mercy.
@Duchess. I appreciate the prompt response

Alhamdulilah!

Glad you were able to get the biometric done.

All the best

Regards

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Realdeets: 6:52am On Aug 02, 2022
MandyA:
Hi @duchess90, @mimilyrics, others,

On the declaration page for a child dependent student visa (child under age 4), I chose the B option below. Is it correct?

B) I am the applicant aged under 18
C) I am the parent or legal guardian of the applicant who is aged under 18 and completing and submitting the form on their behalf

Hello!

The answer is “C” as a child cannot enter into a contract.
Option “B” is for teenagers under 18 that can fill the form themselves and sign.

Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by offwego: 7:34am On Aug 02, 2022
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before the expiration of your existing visa. The latest you can apply for a visa extension from the UK is within 14 days of having overstayed on your existing Visa. With this you need to demonstrate a good reason beyond your control why you could not apply before the expiry date. As per your question, if you have not received an unconditional offer for the Masters Programme by the end date of your Visa, due to no fault of yours, this would be the underlying reason for applying post visa expiration.

JamesHanu:
Thank you so much for this response..

Now I’m much concerned about the top up program. Since I can apply for a visa extension before the existing one expires. But how possible is it for me to apply for masters three months to the time I’m supposed to finish my top up program. I thought my top up student visa will be valid through out my program alone which can be a year…I’m just concerned about the extension cos I would like to continue from there instead of coming back home..

1. Are there universities in the Uk that truly accept HND for masters?. I mean maybe someone on here has tried it and it worked out. If yes please sir/ma I would like to see the lists of schools that accept HND so I can start making enquires pending the time I’m ready.

There are institutions that can consider an application for a direct Masters with an HND qualification. However, you must have most preferable an upper credit AND significant years of work experience

2. Also for the Bachelor’s top up degree program. Am I to come back to Nigeria and apply for masters after I completed the program? Or I can just switch directly while I’m still in the uk instead of coming back to Nigeria to apply for masters again?.

You do not need to return to your home country. you can apply for a visa extension. You must submit your visa extension application before your existing visa expires and no later, and you will need to have applied for the Masters Programme and received an offer of a place on the programme. The earliest you can apply is three months before the existing visa expires.

3.concerning the part payment of tuition fee, can someone in the uk help me pay probably if I send him/her the money to help me pay?..

Yes please

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by donkdonk: 7:58am On Aug 02, 2022
Hi Gurus in the house, A partner dependant picked up hios BRP and found no work, no business written on it. Who do they write to change this as we understand dependant partners are eligible to full time work. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by dharmeelawlarh(m): 8:01am On Aug 02, 2022
giselle237:

I have heard you need the yellow card especially for a long transit flight on Egypt air to be able to leave the airport to the hotel that will be provided. It is needed for Egypt and not the UK. if you stay in Lagos go to Port Health at Lagos airport or try here
To get the card, follow these steps:
1. Visit www.yellowcardnigeria.com
2. Click on register
3. Fill in your personal information
4. Click on “Pay Now” generate your Remitta
retrieval receipt code. With it you can pay the fee of N2000 via internet banking or by going to the bank
5. Take the payment receipt along with your international passport to the Port health services office nearest to you to get vaccinated and obtain your new yellow card.
Port health/yellow fever vaccination centres in Nigeria- https://www.health.gov.ng/doc/PORT%20HEALTH%20VACCINATION%20CENTRES%20&%20POINT%20OF%20ENTRY.pdf
Alternatively, like I said you can go to the Port health services office to make payment and get everything done. It is advisable to go prior to the dates of travel in order to avoid queues and to make payment online

Thank you for this,will I be needing a covid-19 test too pls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by dharmeelawlarh(m): 8:02am On Aug 02, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

I had assumed you won't be leaving the airport hence the No to the first question

Please look at @Giselle237 response if you are leaving the airport to the hotel for a yellow card process

Cheers

Thank you duchess,will I be needing a covid-19 test too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Laski00: 8:08am On Aug 02, 2022
Yes I’ve. Just wondering why my wife’s page is different from mine.

giselle237:
but you have done biometrics…
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Immality(m): 8:23am On Aug 02, 2022
bigtt76:
You don't have any issue, submit your application like that. If you had TB the certificate won't be issued to you in the first instance. What the doctor saw and drew your attention to is just for your information and action.

Thanks for your response.
I really appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kennyliga112: 8:41am On Aug 02, 2022
Good morning on here,please I need an assistance ASAP..I want to pay for me and my family of (4)Tb test..and it cost 150 dollars each for we adults and 60 dollars each for the kids..and the website there is no conversion rate their.please how much will I pay in naira.your urgent reply reply will be appropriated…
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Missyetty(f): 8:49am On Aug 02, 2022
Hello everyone,

Please l have a nearer date at tls for my biometrics as a dependant, but we are hoping my husband who happens to be the main applicant can do walk-in with me as his own date is too far. Earlier today someone told us they only allow family members with same surname to do walk-in together and l am still using my maiden name. Please how true is this? Plus we have marriage certificate to show proof of our marriage.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jobakemz: 8:50am On Aug 02, 2022
Laski00:
@Duchess90

Please did they allow walk in?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by donkdonk: 8:50am On Aug 02, 2022
donkdonk:
Hi Gurus in the house, A partner dependant picked up hios BRP and found no work, no business written on it. Who do they write to change this as we understand dependant partners are eligible to full time work. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by FurnitureMart01: 8:53am On Aug 02, 2022
muaa:
Your whatsapp number

08128816943 please send a message
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kennyliga112: 8:57am On Aug 02, 2022
shawnmich:
Thank
Good morning ,please am having this similar isssue ,I wanted to make payment for family of 4 .2 adults and 2 kids.please how much are we paying in Naira?please kindly reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.