Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (1047) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1203278 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by QuantAnalyst: 10:14am On Aug 06, 2022
Ose333:

Please note... I paid for only prime time the second time because it was the only slot available for that day, and then I did self service.

Please how was the prime time. I picked a prime time of 8 am and I would like to know what to expect. Do they stick to time. Are there long queue?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sazjun76: 10:15am On Aug 06, 2022
@duchess90 @Justwise @Gloriyah @Giselle237

Hello guru in the house we have a situation we don't know what to do.
We are family of 3 we present have a visa application waiting for decision (DMC). My wife and son are my dependant. The issue here is that my wife got a job in Health care and her COS just came in this morning requiring her to be in the UK at least 12th of September. My questions are what will happen to her present visa application awaiting decision. Can we put up another visa application or switch visa. Or how do we go about it.

Please help us, anybody should help iio
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kennyliga112: 10:24am On Aug 06, 2022
Good morning gurus in the house please is the payment for NHis and visa converted at bank rate or black market?kindly reply ASAP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kuvalis: 10:27am On Aug 06, 2022
Black Market

Kennyliga112:
Good morning gurus in the house please is the payment for NHis and visa converted at bank rate or black market?kindly reply ASAP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by okpafe: 10:30am On Aug 06, 2022
That's the best advice you can ever give to a friend. Biomedical science with placement will be the best option for her. She will have to work with her home university to be able to register with HCPC. She may be lucky to get HCPC registration. But as I know, HCPC registers scientist who are registered with medical laboratory Council of Nigeria. But she can try.
NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello Gift7428 and Okpafe,

I trust you guys are keeping well.

I have a graduate of Microbiology who is going to the UK for a Master's degree. She said she intends to Master in Public Health but I suggested MSc. Biomedical Science. I told her that she can apply for a Master's programme with placement. Thereafter, she will proceed to apply for a Licence to practice as a registered Biomedical Scientist in the UK.

I hope I did not advise her wrongly? grin grin grin

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Blurpy: 10:32am On Aug 06, 2022
first degree in biomedical science is what is required to practice as a biomedical scientist. She can work in research and academic roles only not clinical roles.
NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello Gift7428 and Okpafe,

I trust you guys are keeping well.

I have a graduate of Microbiology who is going to the UK for a Master's degree. She said she intends to Master in Public Health but I suggested MSc. Biomedical Science. I told her that she can apply for a Master's programme with placement. Thereafter, she will proceed to apply for a Licence to practice as a registered Biomedical Scientist in the UK.

I hope I did not advise her wrongly? grin grin grin

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ilovelearning(m): 10:36am On Aug 06, 2022
emeritus007:

Lost access to my mail. No longer in use

Oh ok.

1. Please the escalation you did was it paid call/mail and did they reply you?

2. Which TLS pls?

Got a friend still waiting for hers, decision made 11th July and she has escalated via paid call & mail over a week now but no feedback.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ilovelearning(m): 10:37am On Aug 06, 2022
June232022:

i am already in the uk sef

Oh wow,. Congratulations.

When did you receive collection mail, was it after escalation you got it?

A friend still awaiting hers (bio June 29th VI)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jona48(m): 10:42am On Aug 06, 2022
Ojiako4:
Anyone going to university of Bradford?

Masters in international relations and security studies, just paid my deposit and waiting for CBN to send my Telex, though I deferred till January because CBN wanted to spoil my joy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by emeritus007: 10:43am On Aug 06, 2022
ilovelearning:

Oh ok.

1. Please the escalation you did was it paid call/mail and did they reply you?

2. Which TLS pls?

Got a friend still waiting for hers, decision made 11th July and she has escalated via paid call & mail over a week now but no feedback.
1. Paid mail
2. Abuja TLS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jona48(m): 10:46am On Aug 06, 2022
tsowems:
Not a Bradford student but i’m in the city & hv a couple of friends studying there

Biko ask them if they have a Telegram channel for university of Bradford students
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sazjun76: 10:55am On Aug 06, 2022

We are family of 3 we present have a visa application waiting for decision (DMC). My wife and son are my dependant. The issue here is that my wife got a job in Health care and her COS just came in this morning requiring her to be in the UK at least 12th of September. My questions are what will happen to her present visa application awaiting decision. Can we put up another visa application or switch visa. Or how do we go about it.

Please I'm still waiting
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ose333(f): 10:56am On Aug 06, 2022
QuantAnalyst:

Please how was the prime time. I picked a prime time of 8 am and I would like to know what to expect. Do they stick to time. Are there long queue?

I did mine at VI.
I signed in at 7:45am
Signed out 8:05am

Since I chose self-service the second time, I had already uploaded all my documents.

I will advise you get there early and stay close to the gate before time, so that when they open the gate and ask every one to queue up, you'll be in front.

I was the second to go in after a family of 3.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by NaughtyBrainiac: 11:01am On Aug 06, 2022
okpafe:
That's the best advice you can ever give to a friend. Biomedical science with placement will be the best option for her. She will have to work with her home university to be able to register with HCPC. She may be lucky to get HCPC registration. But as I know, HCPC registers scientist who are registered with medical laboratory Council of Nigeria. But she can try.
Thank you for the feedback.

@Blurpy mentioned that she can only work as a Researcher or work as an Academic because she does not have her first degree in Biomed.
@Blurpy, considering relevance in the UK as well as the possibility of getting an employer to sponsor her skilled worker visa, what will you suggest I advise her in this case.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by STONEUS: 11:17am On Aug 06, 2022
STONEUS:
Please house,

If I need to defer my admission till January, must I pay the tuition deposit now or I should wait till January?

Also, do UK schools process admissions in January?

Can someone help with this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by olaoye15(m): 11:31am On Aug 06, 2022
sazjun76:

Please help us, anybody should help iio

Hello. Could you put me through on how your wife got the health care job from Nigeria.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by QuantAnalyst: 11:42am On Aug 06, 2022
Ose333:

I did mine at VI.
I signed in at 7:45am
Signed out 8:05am

Since I chose self-service the second time, I had already uploaded all my documents.

I will advise you get there early and stay close to the gate before time, so that when they open the gate and ask every one to queue up, you'll be in front.

I was the second to go in after a family of 3.

Thanks a lot.

This is very helpful.

I plan to lodge around that area so that I can get there early enough, say 6am.

Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Promoter2: 11:46am On Aug 06, 2022
STONEUS:

Can someone help with this?
Better to pay now via CBN form A. January is only 4 months away
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bastardson: 11:52am On Aug 06, 2022
Opeyemikas:
Good morning everyone thanks to everyone contributing to this wonderful thread….pls my question is this,my husband and I have started our journey to Uk on study visa and I’ll be going as his dependant he has received conditional offer already for Jan intake and he’s on the process to pay deposit in other to receive cas,but my question is that my passport will expire April 2023 and I heard when one wants to apply for visa the passport must be at least 6months to expiry…so I want to confirm how true this is so I’ll know if I should apply for another passport now before it gets to the time we’ll apply for visa….thank you
Which of the schools please.?

I am yet to get any response from the schools I applied to for January intake?

E ma gba mi ke…
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bastardson: 11:53am On Aug 06, 2022
Promoter2:

Better to pay now via CBN form A. January is only 4 months away
Most of the schools I applied to for January intake are yet to reply me ohh..

Dunno what is happening
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sazjun76: 11:56am On Aug 06, 2022

Please help us, anybody should help � I dey wait
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jona48(m): 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2022
bastardson:
Most of the schools I applied to for January intake are yet to reply me ohh..

Dunno what is happening
They will reply you, they are battling with tons of requests from students for CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bastardson: 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2022
Jona48:

They will reply you, they are battling with tons of requests from students for CAS.
Ohh thanks.. Cuz the year is literally 4 months away.. I would have loved to resign properly.. It means that there wouldn’t be enough time to give my employers 3 months in lieu notice..

I wish everything can be waaaay faster

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2022
Your application is already awaiting decision so you can't discontinue it. What you should rather do is you all travel on your visa and when she gets to the UK switch from her dependent visa to the tier 2 visa.

She would need to convince the health care provider to give her a little bit more time and also explain the situation to them. It will pay you all in the long run as you will join her as dependent after graduation and count towards leave to remain.

Are you guys able to get the decision arrived at before the 12th of September?

sazjun76:

Please help us, anybody should help � I dey wait

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jona48(m): 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2022
bastardson:
Ohh thanks.. Cuz the year is literally 4 months away.. I would have loved to resign properly.. It means that there wouldn’t be enough time to give my employers 3 months in lieu notice..

I wish everything can be waaaay faster
Keep up at your job, while you continue fighting for your spot in UK

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Darmiegr8: 1:15pm On Aug 06, 2022
Please house I did biometrics July 19th and I still await collection mail up till now. Is anyone in my shoes ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bastardson: 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2022
Jona48:

Keep up at your job, while you continue fighting for your spot in UK
Thanks bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ZiggyMr(m): 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2022
Darmiegr8:
Please house I did biometrics July 19th and I still await collection mail up till now. Is anyone in my shoes ?

Which TLS?
I did bio 15th July, @VI no collection mail too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ose333(f): 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2022
QuantAnalyst:

Thanks a lot.

This is very helpful.

I plan to lodge around that area so that I can get there early enough, say 6am.

Thanks

You're welcome
I got there before 6:30am too... So 6am is fine
Just be ready to stand till you get in.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Darmiegr8: 1:31pm On Aug 06, 2022
ZiggyMr:

Which TLS?
I did bio 15th July, @VI no collection mail too.

Abuja TlS

Has decision been made?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ose333(f): 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2022
Darmiegr8:

July 20th..same
VI TLS

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.