Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1207948 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Grishy(m): 10:06pm On May 06, 2022
nwosu35:

I created the Form A application on the 25th of April and was debited yesterday, but you know we have two days holiday. I choose electronic transfer on the form and got my Telex today, l used UBA, and did not visit any of their branch. For the rate it varies every week it's between 530 - 550.

Nwosu did you pay your tuition deposit without going to the bank? Pls explain.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Francology41: 10:31pm On May 06, 2022
Grishy:

Nwosu did you pay your tuition deposit without going to the bank? Pls explain.

You do not need to go to the bank to use form A

I don't go to the bank for mine.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Allsmyles(f): 10:34pm On May 06, 2022
nwosu35:

Please l choose electronic transfer, will they still issue me a Telex copy as l have been debited. I sent an email to them today but did not yet any response. Please help with a response
I’m not sure about this tho. You can visit a branch of the bank you used on Monday.
Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Allsmyles(f): 10:35pm On May 06, 2022
nwosu35:
Please someone should respond to me, l got debited for my school fees with UBA yesterday am just seeing that the right option should have been Telex but l choose electronic transfer, will l still get a Telex copy from them, PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD RESPOND.

THANKS.
=≠≠======
Just received my Telex copy. Thanks
Great
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Allsmyles(f): 10:39pm On May 06, 2022
bigdan4u:
pls I have a question,
1.Did you choose marina branch when filling the form A....or even if someone uses another branch can he still send the message?

2. Can I select a lagos UBA branch when filling the form A...though am in Portharcourt and none of its branch is listed on the form A.....I would want to know in case am needed to go to the branch choosen for other documentation.

Thanks for your anticipated response.

You wouldn’t be required to visit the chosen branch for documentation. People have advised to pick marina branch cos that is the head office and its treated directly, without going through the process of being sent by a branch.

You can go ahead to use Marina as your branch. If there’s any need to visit a branch, I’m sure you can visit any at your location.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sirleecoded(m): 11:11pm On May 06, 2022
Oracle55:
send me a mail
send me your mail boss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ZeeMai: 11:24pm On May 06, 2022
Please can anyone help with this? Thank you
ZeeMai:
Good afternoon guys. I got a conditional offer from the University of Stirling and another conditional offer from RGU. Stirling's condition requires me to upload some documents which can be provided by my school alone and unfortunately NASU is on strike. RGU's conditions are pretty much easier for me to meet. Now, this is my concern, I don't know if anyone knows much about RGU and Aberdeen in general. I will be going with my husband and two kids. In terms of accommodation, ease of getting a job, cost of living and all. How is Aberdeen compared to Stirling? I intend to stay in Glasgow and school in Stirling, that's if I meet Stirling's condition but now I am confused. Can anyone help shed more light on this. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Landlord2020: 11:27pm On May 06, 2022
nwosu35:

Please l choose electronic transfer, will they still issue me a Telex copy as l have been debited. I sent an email to them today but did not yet any response. Please help with a response

You will get it. I got debited yesterday and I got telex today. I choosed transfer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Landlord2020: 12:12am On May 07, 2022
Good day to all the gurus. Please I need your candid opinion.

My 10year ban for UK visa expired last year August 2021 for misrepresentation.
And have now secured admission for September 2022 intake which I made it clear to the school during the application process and they asked me to upload the refusal/ban letter which I did.

I want to ask what are my chances or what do I need to do to convince the Visa Officer?

Also, I already have masters degree in Psychology here in Nigeria in 2013 but I'm into real estate business with CAC cert since 2015; all these I stated in my SOP and was given admission into M.Sc Real Estate due to my career line.

Is it a must I declare my M.sc certificate during visa application cos some people said it will raise a red flag?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Promoter2: 12:40am On May 07, 2022
Is it late to apply for September entry? Are all applications closed now?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jenniangel(f): 2:29am On May 07, 2022
ZeeMai:
Good afternoon guys. I got a conditional offer from the University of Stirling and another conditional offer from RGU. Stirling's condition requires me to upload some documents which can be provided by my school alone and unfortunately NASU is on strike. RGU's conditions are pretty much easier for me to meet. Now, this is my concern, I don't know if anyone knows much about RGU and Aberdeen in general. I will be going with my husband and two kids. In terms of accommodation, ease of getting a job, cost of living and all. How is Aberdeen compared to Stirling? I intend to stay in Glasgow and school in Stirling, that's if I meet Stirling's condition but now I am confused. Can anyone help shed more light on this. Thank you.
Hi sis

I don't know much about Stirling. But I'm going to RGU with my husband and 3 kids. Heard cost of living in Aberdeen is cheap compared to other cities and there are jobs available (part and full time)
All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jenniangel(f): 2:31am On May 07, 2022
Promoter2:
Is it late to apply for September entry? Are all applications closed now?
Some schools still accept applications till June, depending on the course though. Just use the Google search engine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Rollitout: 2:32am On May 07, 2022
nwosu35:
Please someone should respond to me, l got debited for my school fees with UBA yesterday am just seeing that the right option should have been Telex but l choose electronic transfer, will l still get a Telex copy from them, PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD RESPOND.

THANKS.
=≠≠======

Swift and electronic transfer are the new tech for transferring funds to oversea. For any mode you choose, you will always get a copy.

Kindly tell me how much waa carded?
Just received my Telex copy. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Masjeff14: 2:35am On May 07, 2022
I don't think it will raise any red flag. You changed your career for passion I assumed and to equip yourself with the right skills and knowledge academically. Also make sure your CAC is active. All the best.
Landlord2020:
Good day to all the gurus. Please I need your candid opinion.

My 10year ban for UK visa expired last year August 2021 for misrepresentation.
And have now secured admission for September 2022 intake which I made it clear to the school during the application process and they asked me to upload the refusal/ban letter which I did.

I want to ask what are my chances or what do I need to do to convince the Visa Officer?

Also, I already have masters degree in Psychology here in Nigeria in 2013 but I'm into real estate business with CAC cert since 2015; all these I stated in my SOP and was given admission into M.Sc Real Estate due to my career line.

Is it a must I declare my M.sc certificate during visa application cos some people said it will raise a red flag?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Rollitout: 2:40am On May 07, 2022
ZeeMai:

I am currently schooling at univer of stirling. You can write stirling that the required document can't be provided at the moment due to academic staffs on strike that if they can go ahead on your offer that you will provide all documents electronically once the strike is over.

For RGU, there tuition deposit is too much, it is about 7k pounds, I am sure you won't want to go for that right?

Aberdeen will give you an offer to study even without having to pay deposit, that is for some courses anyway. I heard that there are no jobs in Aberdeen. People who school at Aberdeen usually travel to Glasgow to work. Kindly find out about this before you make conclusions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Rollitout: 2:50am On May 07, 2022
tadaax:
Pls has anybody used form A with access bank, how long does it take?

Those bank are thieves, they are very very slow due to many people paying deposit fee and tuition fee and people applying for upkeep maintenance allowance.

They will debit you as follows
1. 5,700 naira
2. 10,400 naira
3. 5,000 naira

I am only worried about the 5k debit. In the text message, I saw debit from CBN
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by BenedictStinson(m): 2:56am On May 07, 2022
Please for those who have used Flywire for payment, there's no tab on the Form A portal to input the payment reference and on Flywire payment instructions, it is written that Flywire needs the reference to identify your payment. How did you circumvent this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jenniangel(f): 3:13am On May 07, 2022
Rollitout:

I am currently schooling at univer of stirling. You can write stirling that the required document can't be provided at the moment due to academic staffs on strike that if they can go ahead on your offer that you will provide all documents electronically once the strike is over.

For RGU, there tuition deposit is too much, it is about 7k pounds, I am sure you won't want to go for that right?

Aberdeen will give you an offer to study even without having to pay deposit, that is for some causes anyway. I heard that there are no jobs in Aberdeen. People who school at Aberdeen usually travel to Glasgow to work. Kindly find out about this before you make conclusions.
No offense, but I think a lot of misinformation on your post
I paid £4124.20 for deposit, which is 34% for RGU
RGU is located in Aberdeen, not different schools as claimed
Aberdeen is about 3 hrs away from Glasgow ( according to google) so I don't know how feasible is it to school in Aberdeen and work in Glasgow

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Elektra008(f): 4:00am On May 07, 2022
abuhusna1:

My wife got conditional admission to their london campus and all tuition paid but they insist to bring letter that the language of instruction was English now ASUU on strike in big dilemma now as full tuition has been paid by her.
I'm open to suggestions here as well

I will suggest you inform them about the ongoing strike you can mail them to explore other options. Possibly write ielts if the funds wouldn't be a problem. If it is, I hear some schools accept tests like duolingo which is less expensive, some ppl also do pte etc. I don't really know about these English language equivalent tests though so do your research and look for alternatives.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by MSbarbieK: 4:03am On May 07, 2022
abuhusna1:

My wife got conditional admission to their london campus and all tuition paid but they insist to bring letter that the language of instruction was English now ASUU on strike in big dilemma now as full tuition has been paid by her.
I'm open to suggestions here as well

Hi, I'll suggest your wife writes the ielts exam or PTE since you don't know when the strike will be called off. You've made full payment already.
Just my suggestion though

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Teenwa: 4:16am On May 07, 2022
My advise to anyone intending to apply for Visa against September admission is to book for TB test now.The available dates are very far and sending emails or going to their office to get a closer date is no longer working.They insist there are no earlier dates(Lagos office). The earliest as at yesterday was June 27th.

It is painful that one is ready to apply for Visa but cannot because of TB test.

Pls book now!

Note:If anyone has a suggestion on how to solve this problem, pls drop it here.Thanks.

ZiggyMr:
Is there anything I can do to get a more closer date for TB test? The date i got online is 21st June which I think its too far.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Vicktorhmustjap: 4:33am On May 07, 2022
skydude:

Menh bros sometimes format of names comes in different form, sometimes surname first then other names or first name first then middle name then other names. if when filling ur visa application and it asked for ur first name first and in ur international passport it started with ur surname first bros u r not wrong, it still swings to d same pedullum aside u r saying u wrote down ur first name as ur last name or something of that nature
. Thanks a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Vicktorhmustjap: 4:34am On May 07, 2022
duchess90:
Hello,

The bolded may be correct or maybe it was skipped. I would like to think the later.

Anyway, back to your question,if you are certain the format is wrong there are 2 options ; 1. Leave it as it is and hope it is not a problem maybe it isn't a problem. 2. If you are concerned,cancel the application and start all over.

Whichever you choose and for anyone applying in future,please use the format of you name as it appears on your International passport. That is your main official document.

Hope this helps and your feeling has moved from not nice to nice grin grin

Cheers

I am grateful...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Vicktorhmustjap: 4:34am On May 07, 2022
Naomimary:

I don’t think this is an issue. On our passport, the surname comes first. Hence, the format it is written. But on the visa application, first name (s) comes before the surname. So, it isn’t an issue. There are different formats to writing names.
However, if you have written your last name (surname) as your first name on your visa application, then that would be a problem.
much appreciated �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Vicktorhmustjap: 4:35am On May 07, 2022
Gloriyah:

You can’t be upset because no one responded,they either don’t know what you can do or didn’t see it.

I don’t know how it works for visa but for my passport renewal,my NIN and passport names didn’t match cause my middle name in my passport was my first name on NIN, so I had to fix it. You would have to find a way to fix yours with visa.
Thank you for your response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Vicktorhmustjap: 4:35am On May 07, 2022
MizTyna:

If you've not done biometrics, cancel the application. You'll get everything refunded. If you have done biometrics, send a paid email explaining
much appreciated

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Vicktorhmustjap: 4:42am On May 07, 2022
Yewwie:
I got a conditional offer too. Do I have to make a payment of the 5500 GBP or just print my statement of account as a proof of financial guarantee before I get the unconditional offer? Please advise.
you have to pay before you can get unconditional offer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Rollitout: 4:49am On May 07, 2022
Ace0074:
Good afternoon nairalanders, please what am I going to attach here. I'm filling the attachment column in form A. It says I should upload school bill for the period

Attach your:
1. Offer letter
2. Passport data page
3. Bsc certificate
4. Statement of payment
5. Authorization to debit account

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Vicktorhmustjap: 5:11am On May 07, 2022
emangks:
Hello, pls I need your advice on what to do;

My wife is the MA and she graduated 2015, and she has been running her business ever since then.

Pls what can we do in regard to study Gap/work reference as her business is not registered?

Although the school asked for the study Gap during application and what was submitted reads child bearing/care and business.
Is it advisable to just go for work reference to be on the safer side?
look for a school that can give you reference that she is a caregiver or nanny that should suffice... My 2 cent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by awumen: 5:27am On May 07, 2022
No jobs in Aberdeen per say compare to Glasgow, Edinburgh and co. But Las Las you can work in Glasgow,Hamilton,Lanark, Falkirk axis these are about an hour from you and alot guys do it
Jenniangel:

Hi sis

I don't know much about Stirling. But I'm going to RGU with my husband and 3 kids. Heard cost of living in Aberdeen is cheap compared to other cities and there are jobs available (part and full time)
All the best

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.