Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,474 members, 7,836,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1227847 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Emmyk(m): 2:57pm On Feb 03, 2022
Hello everyone. I'd like to know if there is any bank here in the UK that I can get a good conversion rate similar to what is on oanda.com.

I have a GTBank Dollar card linked to my GTBank USD domiciliary account and I have been using it to withdraw since we got here and it appears no ATM is giving the rate oanda.com has on their website.

For instance, if I withdraw 100 pounds, I get charged about $158 (inclusive of charges), meaning 1 pound is around 1.55 dollars. On oanda.com, 1 pound is around 1.35 dollars. Abi there is now official rate and bank rate in the UK ni? grin

Kindly advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by amnwa(m): 2:59pm On Feb 03, 2022
Please my sister's school sent her a mail that they will be calling her soon to access her situation and be updated.

Abeg any likely questions or tips so she can be well prepared

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by WCEC(m): 3:06pm On Feb 03, 2022
Wahabuuu:

Because going by the date it’s not even 15th working days if it is standard

Abeg suffery oh.
When did you do your biometrics

It's standard and biometric was at TLS Abuja, 17th January
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sonwa: 3:07pm On Feb 03, 2022
Thanks
Sonwa:
Good morning, please this return ticket can one book any month in the year or it has a time limit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Madeforher(f): 3:09pm On Feb 03, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sonwa: 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2022
Thanks... Pls I sent you a mail
Oggg:
best to buy directly buy from the airline .. they can offer 1 year open tickets
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Wahabuuu: 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2022
prinzcharminn:

24th priority self never see anything yet

You know after the NSF mail it’s going to be reviewed before decisions will be made

God will come through just be positive
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jennilove1991(f): 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2022
Good afternoon house I got a mail from visainfo.shefo requesting I send more documents to proof my marriage since it’s an early marriage. But I have been sending mails to the link that was sent to me to submit the documents which is at
sheffieldstudentteam.docrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk
But since morning it has been bouncing back saying delivery failure , please is anyone having same issues like this? I
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Beedollas(f): 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2022
Good evening fam, please is there a possibility of a single parent of 2 kids age 5and 7 to get study Visa approved? If yes what has to be kept in place before application? Thank you gurus in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Eritob(m): 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2022
Paid mail said decision has been made o.
VI tls please update quick oooo

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by cyberbullly(m): 3:47pm On Feb 03, 2022
Eritob:

Pls when was your biometric?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ibom2345: 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2022
Ibom2345:
Good day everyone,

please how can one apply for a scholarship, and would it reduce the chances of me getting CAS and Visa.

thanks.

please i need help , my family really needs the scholarship
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2022
Oggg:

In terms of advantage to you, PTA allows you buy foreign currency at cbn rate of say 415naira to 1 usd as against the black market rate of maybe 580 naira to 1 usd. In this way you avail yourself more foreign currency for cheaper.
So with 580k with aboki you’ll get 1000usd, with pta application and then approval with same 580k you will get 1400usd. Extra 400 usd for same worth of naira.
The FG only allows individuals this opportunity after certain criteria are met such as return ticket, trip outside west africa with more than 5 hours flight time etc. it’s a cost saving mechanism if u have naira to exchange to dollar or pounds for ur travel.

OK. so, if I understand you correctly, the PTA concept is all about cheaper FOREX.

And has got nothing to do with POE questioning, right?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Exoticmm(f): 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2022
Guys help!!

Exoticmm:
Help!!!! Please where can I do Covid test on the mainland that’s affordable.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Akanni2424(m): 3:59pm On Feb 03, 2022
Good day everyone, please my school Bournemouth university has given a deadline to meet up for the physical class on the 14th February and my biometrics date is 9th February .Note,I did priority Visa and I heard it is now exceeding the normal 5 working days. Please who has been in my situation before because I am looking at how to meet up with the deadline because my school is really adamant on the deadline. Any advise on how to go about . I pleaded for extension was why I was even given to 14th February.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Meeddah: 3:59pm On Feb 03, 2022
Same as my school unilag but this applies only to official transcript I guess.

What I did was I requested for student copy transcript ,so that’s what ve been hiding for applying to schools then request for academic transcript when I have been granted admission to be sent from my school to the school directly. I hope this helps .

claseek:
Good afternoon. I have a question pls
My school (OOU) only processes transcript online and only to organizations/institutions.

Now if I request for transcript to be sent to one uni and they don’t give me admission, that’s already a waste of money, and I can’t possibly pay to keep sending transcript to different schools, as I’d actually like to apply to more than one school. What if I request it to be sent to my workplace, I collect it and send to the university myself.

Will the universities accept it coming directly from me. Cos My school don’t send transcript to the student.

Or if you attended OOU (olabisi onabanjo university), pls how did you do your transcript ish
Jennilove1991:
Good afternoon house I got a mail from visainfo.shefo requesting I send more documents to proof my marriage since it’s an early marriage. But I have been sending mails to the link that was sent to me to submit the documents which is at
But since morning it has been bouncing back saying delivery failure , please is anyone having same issues like this? I

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Meeddah: 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2022
Why not try sending to Sheffield email you used to apply for admission

I hope this helps

Jennilove1991:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Blackdove: 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2022
What date was the biometrics ?
Eritob:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ymcmbbb: 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2022
Good Afternoon all,

My friend got admitted into Wolverhampton Uni and has been asked to attend a Pre-CAS interview.

Anyone gone through the interview before? What was asked and how long was it for?

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mande674: 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2022
claseek:
Good afternoon. I have a question pls
My school (OOU) only processes transcript online and only to organizations/institutions.

Now if I request for transcript to be sent to one uni and they don’t give me admission, that’s already a waste of money, and I can’t possibly pay to keep sending transcript to different schools, as I’d actually like to apply to more than one school. What if I request it to be sent to my workplace, I collect it and send to the university myself.

Will the universities accept it coming directly from me. Cos My school don’t send transcript to the student.

Or if you attended OOU (olabisi onabanjo university), pls how did you do your transcript ish

@ claseek … Try to re confirm this from your department. I finished from OOU and I got my transcripts and Infact it was stamped .
As for your second question, I believe if that’s possible thou , So far your document is genuine and can be verified as valid document. Don’t think you have a problem using it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Meeddah: 4:02pm On Feb 03, 2022
I think academic transcript should be sent from schools directly to institutions.

He/She can request for student transcript for now

Oggg:
u can request it to be sent to ur workplace so u get a hold of it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Exoticmm(f): 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2022
VISA ALERT!!!!!

God is so good!

Biometrics 11th Jan. VI standard.
Collection mail 3rd Feb.
Pickup 3rd Feb.
No nsf
Paid mail sent 1st Feb, decision made.

UK here I come!!!!

21 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ymcmbbb: 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2022
Mande674:

@ Ymcmbbb . UK rules keeps changing every time and you can’t predict . But as of now the rule is if your dependent doesn’t join your during your Masters Visa and study , Your dependent won’t be able to join you during your post work study visa ! Moreso if your dependent apples after 6 month of your program. Your dependent won’t get same length of visa as yours . I advise since she’s your daughter. You can apply with her from beginning and then after some months you can come pick her before the validity expires .

I stand to be corrected thou ‘

Thank you so much for this information. I was also thinking about applying with her instead then she joining me later.

I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ymcmbbb: 4:05pm On Feb 03, 2022
ammierie:

What if her visa has moved to the tier 2 visa?

Exactly. I wanted to ask this as well

If I switch to a Tier 2, will she still be able to join me normally after my studies?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Meeddah: 4:05pm On Feb 03, 2022
Yes I think you should be able to in as much as you get a letter of consent from the other parents or in case of death death certificate be presented.

Let’s wait to hear from others though

Beedollas:
Good evening fam, please is there a possibility of a single parent of 2 kids age 5and 7 to get study Visa approved? If yes what has to be kept in place before application? Thank you gurus in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Meeddah: 4:06pm On Feb 03, 2022
Alhamdulilah

Congratulations

May we all be able to testify

Exoticmm:
VISA ALERT!!!!!

God is so good!

Collection mail 3rd Feb.
Pickup 3rd Feb.
No nsf

UK here I come!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Blackdove: 4:08pm On Feb 03, 2022
Biometrics VI on the 12th , decision made after paid mail, still at DMC , anyone with same issue?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by okegolden: 4:09pm On Feb 03, 2022
Are you sure there is a dot in-between before @. Check well

quote author=Jennilove1991 post=109923722]Good afternoon house I got a mail from visainfo.shefo requesting I send more documents to proof my marriage since it’s an early marriage. But I have been sending mails to the link that was sent to me to submit the documents which is at
But since morning it has been bouncing back saying delivery failure , please is anyone having same issues like this? I[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by prinzcharminn(m): 4:09pm On Feb 03, 2022
Exoticmm:
VISA ALERT!!!!!

God is so good!

Collection mail 3rd Feb.
Pickup 3rd Feb.
No nsf

UK here I come!!!!

Congratulations!!!.

It’s like standard is getting faster response that priority sef.

I tire for this people o

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jennilove1991(f): 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2022
Meeddah:
Why not try sending to Sheffield email you used to apply for admission

I hope this helps

thanks dear , I later tried by removing conversations of almost 13mb so it went. The pictures, calls , transactions went through I hope that will be enough for them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Waha1: 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2022
Ymcmbbb:
Good Afternoon all,

My friend got admitted into Wolverhampton Uni and has been asked to attend a Pre-CAS interview.

Anyone gone through the interview before? What was asked and how long was it for?

Thanks smiley

All I know is you need to prepare well they will send him materials to prepare, if he doesn’t pass rejection straight. So just know your school and course well and why you are going there.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by cyberbullly(m): 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2022
Akanni2424:
Good day everyone, please my school Bournemouth university has given a deadline to meet up for the physical class on the 14th February and my biometrics date is 9th February .Note,I did priority Visa and I heard it is now exceeding the normal 5 working days. Please who has been in my situation before because I am looking at how to meet up with the deadline because my school is really adamant on the deadline. Any advise on how to go about . I pleaded for extension was why I was even given to 14th February.

Why not try the walk-in service. 9th is too close.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.