Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,590 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1209919 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DuBooVay(f): 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2022
Go for what youre most passionate about.
There is justification for doing a second masters since you've been working in the field. You can cite passion and experience as your evidence.
If you want a phd in mech you need to be passionate about it. Also, you will need a convincing proposal and you acceptance may be subject to availability of a lab and supervisor.
Phd is good to hear but it requires more work.conferences,presentations,research is a lot. CHOOSE YOUR PASSION
DaCrypto:
Hello Everyone,

I studied Mechanical Engineering in my first degree...graduated with 2.1 in 2009. I have also done my master degree still in Mechanical Engineering.

However, after my undergraduate program, I got a job as a cybersecurity officer in a Bank and I have been in the banking industry ever since. I have done some information security certifications like Sec+, CEH, CISM.

My problem is that I am confused on what part to follow;

1. Should I start from Master Mechanical Engineering

2. Should I go straight for PhD

3. Or should I continue with Cybersecurity?

I got some information that it would be difficult to get VISA if I go for Cybersecurity because it's different from my first degree..."Lack of career progression".

Please I need guidance from experienced members

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mrguobadia: 2:45pm On Jun 13, 2022
pls which school is requesting this?
Olorunrinu:
Good day house please i have an emergency question i just uploaded my bank statement Pof to obtain CAS on cas shield they said i should show source of funds please what does this mean pls someone helpout
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Padraic: 2:52pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hi guys, has anyone been granted visa. I have been waiting for 2 weeks now. I miss the days of priority
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by personal59: 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2022
Paragraph ST 34.2 States - Child applicant’s parents must each be either applying at the same time as the applicant or have permission to be in the UK (other than as a visitor) unless the parent with permission as a Student is the sole surviving parent or has sole responsibility for the child’s upbringing
• Please provide Details of your parents Visa application to travel with you to the UK or proof in the form of a court document to evidence that the parent that you are travelling with has sole legal responsibility.

please help what do they need?

i have post our visa, weeding certificate and all documents I can think of
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Preshila(f): 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Thanks for adding to this

Hope the journey is getting easier

All the best

Yes, it is. Will be going for the registration tomorrow and hopefully before the week runs out, we will have it, since the marriage is already subsisting, we were told that all the protocols will be waived.

Thank you once again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Preshila(f): 2:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
nodetest:
Hello

If i may ask, what steps are you taking to resolve this?

Thanks

The plan is to go to the registry tomorrow and have it done. After explaining my plight to the officer in charge, she said some of their protocols will be waived because our marriage is already subsisting. So we won't have to wait the 21day wait period stipulated by Government before we get the certificate.

Hope this answers your question.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Madeforher(f): 3:07pm On Jun 13, 2022
DuBooVay:
I used barter for all my card payments. Fear not
Thanks so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gooci(m): 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2022
toms55:
ABERYSTWHYTH UNIVERSITY Wales

They have only September intake
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Susky(m): 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2022
Did you have lump sum in your statement of account like receiving large deposit?
Olorunrinu:
Good day house please i have an emergency question i just uploaded my bank statement Pof to obtain CAS on cas shield they said i should show source of funds please what does this mean pls someone helpout
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ojoval: 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
Good day fam,
Please I need advice from you guys. Which bank is better and faster when it comes to UK school fees deposit?
UBA or Zenith Bank?
I am running out of time.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by kosby09(m): 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hello everyone

My passport is expired and under process for renewal. Can i use my old passport number for applying to uk schools?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by shegzb50: 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2022
I used uba when I wanted to pay mine and it was fast

Ojoval:
Good day fam,
Please I need advice from you guys. Which bank is better and faster when it comes to UK school fees deposit?
UBA or Zenith Bank?
I am running out of time.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by IvanCardozo: 3:54pm On Jun 13, 2022
Sakol4life:
Hello gurus in the house i have a question. I already applied for one of the uk universities for jan intake.

The issue now is that, in my cv, i fill my NYSC program which started November 3rd 2019 but my service was non appearance as i did not go to my PPA till i finished my program because i already had a job in that same november 2019 which i use as my professional reference in my cv submitted to the school

The question now is that would this affect my application for having my NYSC and professional work the same year

Whats are my chances of gaining an offer?

No no no
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by IvanCardozo: 3:55pm On Jun 13, 2022
Augustine073:
Someone should please answer me , i graduated 2019 do i have to show evidence of work experience for Student visa . Thank you

Only visa officer treating your application can say for a certainty.

In any case, it's never an issue even if you're asked to show evidence. I was asked same.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Obiiokafor: 4:00pm On Jun 13, 2022
Dmcool:

Hi, do I need to apply for CAS after paying deposit?
Portsmouth has confirmed my payment for over 7 days now, I haven't heard anything from them about CAS.

@sinmie20 please it seems you are going to Portsmouth, abeg can we text privately via email or whatever channel , I need to have someone I am going through the same process with .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Oracle55: 4:00pm On Jun 13, 2022
IvanCardozo:

Only visa officer treating your application can say for a certainty.

In any case, it's never an issue even if you're asked to show evidence. I was asked same.
when did you graduate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by QuantAnalyst: 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2022
I would like to know if it's necessary for my wife to change her account name to my last name. She's the main applicant and the fund is in her account that is still showing her maiden name( this is the name on all her documents) We have marriage certificate, change of name affidavit and newspaper paper publication. Will it be suffice to just upload the mentioned documents or is it a must to visit the bank and do change of name on her account. Thanks

Cc Justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DuBooVay(f): 4:04pm On Jun 13, 2022
Provide visa details again.
personal59:
Paragraph ST 34.2 States - Child applicant’s parents must each be either applying at the same time as the applicant or have permission to be in the UK (other than as a visitor) unless the parent with permission as a Student is the sole surviving parent or has sole responsibility for the child’s upbringing
• Please provide Details of your parents Visa application to travel with you to the UK or proof in the form of a court document to evidence that the parent that you are travelling with has sole legal responsibility.

please help what do they need?

i have post our visa, weeding certificate and all documents I can think of
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DuBooVay(f): 4:05pm On Jun 13, 2022
Its not compulsory to change. So long as the account name matches with the passport and other docs its okay
QuantAnalyst:
I would like to know if it's necessary for my wife to change her account name to my last name. She's the main applicant and the fund is in her account that is still showing her maiden name( this is the name on all her documents) We have marriage certificate, change of name affidavit and newspaper paper publication. Will it be suffice to just upload the mentioned documents or is it a must to visit the bank and do change of name on her account. Thanks

Cc Justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by angel4sure: 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2022
Good day everyone. Pls is it possible to defer admission in Cranfield university.

Also between Cranfield university and university of Aberdeen, pls which is better to choose in terms of Job opportunities before and after graduation, and cost of living.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by User10011: 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2022
when was this pls?

shegzb50:
I used uba when I wanted to pay mine and it was fast

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Champay: 4:50pm On Jun 13, 2022
Please, are we to provide evidences such as bank statement, birth certificate and the rest on the UKVI website?

Or its until biometrics?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by iretiogo1: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
Godbless55:
Good day everyone.

I applied for student visa from TLS VI 14th of April and got NSF Mail 16th, replied on 17th and send a paid email on 25th which I was told decision made. That I should wait for 10 working days for TLS to contact me for visa collection.

It's is more than 10 working days now that the decision has been made but my application is still sitting at the DMC till now when I track it.

Note: My school email me on the 24th that my BRP is ready for collection in the school. I'm still in Nigeria waiting for my application to be sent to VAC and for VAC to email me for collection.

I have sent email to VAC they respond after 3 working days that I was told that if my application is transfered to them they will contact me. I also made a paid call today to UKVI they said they are limited to only check if decision has been made.

School already resumemed. Anyone with useful info of what I can do should pls respond to this message. Im already worried.
any update regarding collection mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Polithiefcian(m): 4:59pm On Jun 13, 2022
For visa and IHS, paying with domiciliary debit card or Barter, which is better, which saves more money?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Daempireboss: 5:11pm On Jun 13, 2022
Over 2 weeks now.
Can I apply for visa b enlisting the ATAS Certificate with old and new passport?

duchess90:
Hello,

How long have you chase up ATAS team?

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 5:17pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hello

This is completely wrong, If they go on with the process I hope they get caught and banned.

You are encouraging sham marriage and cheating the system

Too bad

Cheers
Wealthinwealth1:
@justwise and every expert in the house, please HELP ME TREAT AS URGENT.

I and my wife have been trying to help my brother inlaw and his family come join us in the UK, issue came up between him and his wife and we couldnt continue the process. Someone came up with a match up deal, i.e he act as a husband to a lady who already had admission. It's something that came up suddenly and I kind of not liking the fast process cos it doesnt gimme time to think over it and alot of money is involved. My issue with it is

they both have kids as single parent, what happen to the kids? Cos both will like to bring thier kids. Isnt it gonna be an issue? And wont they suspect theres a foul play?

I dont want all this rush and I dont want something that will put my family in distress

11 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 5:19pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hello,

Yes you can defer your admission at anytime

I remember you were working with Lendwise, did it not work out?

I can only give a breakdown for Cranfield, hopefully someone will for Aberdeen

My advise on cost of living is to stay off-campus preferably Cranfield village or Bedford,Milton Keynes is slightly more expensive. There a job opportunities to keep you going at the city centre but not necessarily enough to pay fees as you know Cranfield is quite expensive

With jobs it depends on what you studied, Cranfield has a lot of links with industries,how you access those links and connects is up to you.

Cheers

angel4sure:
Good day everyone. Pls is it possible to defer admission in Cranfield university.

Also between Cranfield university and university of Aberdeen, pls which is better to choose in terms of Job opportunities before and after graduation, and cost of living.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Isiterere(m): 5:20pm On Jun 13, 2022
Wealthinwealth1:
@justwise and every expert in the house, please HELP ME TREAT AS URGENT.

I and my wife have been trying to help my brother inlaw and his family come join us in the UK, issue came up between him and his wife and we couldnt continue the process. Someone came up with a match up deal, i.e he act as a husband to a lady who already had admission. It's something that came up suddenly and I kind of not liking the fast process cos it doesnt gimme time to think over it and alot of money is involved. My issue with it is

they both have kids as single parent, what happen to the kids? Cos both will like to bring thier kids. Isnt it gonna be an issue? And wont they suspect theres a foul play?

I dont want all this rush and I dont want something that will put my family in distress

Whaooooo, I am speechless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Champay: 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2022
What are cheaper alternatives to paying IHS and Visa application fee? Good evening everyone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.