Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,637 members, 7,827,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (725) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1215958 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by babey543: 7:19pm On Jun 13, 2022
Champay:
Barter, and the rest of the cards are expensive. Any alternatives please??
Pay with form A and other relevant means.

Don't fall for scam.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by YoungDenzel(m): 7:19pm On Jun 13, 2022
DaCrypto:

How easy is it to get a job straight from Nigeria? I'm considering school because I feel it's easier and it gives one a kinder of edge.

So you don't feel the career progression reason won't apply?
Not impossible but may be difficult to get jobs in the UK and being in the cyber security field gives you an edge because there are a lot of opportunities in that space
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Happyfellow147: 7:23pm On Jun 13, 2022
I think you can just generate a new payment slip and upload

You have to do so before it expires
Skin90:
Anyone here who his payment timeline from flywire has expired before payment?

What steps did you take after it expired?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by KillBill2: 7:25pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pacypatty:
Good evening gurus, if as a student in the UK and your program hasn't ended and you get an employer who is willing to give sponsorship to switch to tier 2 , can the student accept? Are their implications?
Thanks

A close relative was in a similar situation last year. She started her course in September 21 and got a sponsorship job 3 months later. Her sponsor knew she was on a student visa, still new in the country but didn’t see it as a problem. I recall she queried about the 3 month timeline in the UKVI guideline but her sponsor clarified that it wouldn’t affect her application.

She got her COS, applied and was granted a 5 year Tier 2 visa in February. She is now working full time, still studying albeit on a different visa category. Judging from her outcome, I’ll say it’s possible to switch while you’re a student as long as you meet the requirements.

Be aware that no one here can tell you what your outcome will be as every case differ. I’ll advise that you speak to your sponsor about your concerns. This is what my relative did and her employer was more than happy to assist her throughout the process.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Happyfellow147: 7:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
You are right

Statement generated from mobile app or online banking platforms usually don't have those opening and closing summaries.

Better to walk into the bank
Ayowolebami:

The email states that your statement does not have a closing balance clearly stated on your statement. That might be an issue cause ordinarily, a statement should have an opening and closing balance clearly stated.

Is your statement mobile app generated one or you walked into the branch to request for a stamped statement? I’d advise you request your statement from your branch. That way, it has the required details and crystal clear for an ECO to easily understand.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ugmama(m): 7:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
Guys I don't understand the actual amount for VISA and IHS anymore. Someone should assist with the currect amount for both.

Does it increase like prices of things in Nigerian market?

Secondly, is Canterbury in London or outside London?

@justwise @Gloriyah @Duchess
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Happyfellow147: 7:42pm On Jun 13, 2022
Stanbic IBTC has another option apart from the CBN forex allocation.
They call it I&E.

Has anyone used this?
Got this information when I contacted their customer service

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 7:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hello

Visa fee is £363

IHS for student is £470

Canterbury is in Kent, outskirts of London

Cheers

Ugmama:
Guys I don't understand the actual amount for VISA and IHS anymore. Someone should assist with the currect amount for both.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 7:44pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hello

After June 28

Cheers

Happyfellow147:
@duchess please explain this to me.

I'm building my proof of funds and it will mature by June 28

When should I apply for Visa?
quote author=duchess90 post=113643650]Hello,

I know it can be quite confusing but I agree with others have said. All documents including POFs should be ready (altleast 28days) before application is made.

Here is a screenshot from Gov.UK website on this anology, it explains better.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 7:46pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hello

During visa application.

However some schools may request them during admission processes.When you are issued CAS it means you have fulfilled all the conditions the school requires

Cheers
Happyfellow147:
Please I want to ask, where does reference letter and appointment letter for study gap apply?
During visa application and processing or during CAS issuance from school?

@duchess @Gloriyah @justwise

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 7:48pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hello,

Not sure what good number of installments means at the bolded

Anyway,have a look at the first page of the thread and do some Google on the course you will like to study and the schools offering them

Have a list of questions we can then hopefully help answer

Cheers.
Topccy007z:
Hello house, please I'm a complete novice about this UK study thing. I need help concerning affordable schools that are itch free and will agree on a good number of installments for the fees. I'm targeting Jan 2023 admission. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Walatip222: 7:59pm On Jun 13, 2022
https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/Type

Visa fee is £363 for applicant

Ugmama:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Pipe1g: 8:00pm On Jun 13, 2022
@bigtt76

Thanks so much really appreciate
bigtt76:
Go on and apply, the abnormality spotted is not something to affect your application. They are looking for TB and if spotted, they won't issue you that certificate. Their mentioning it, is to your advantage. Don't judge your reality with someone else's. All the best

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2022
Happyfellow147:

Statement generated from mobile app or online banking platforms usually don't have those opening and closing summaries.

you say what grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Pipe1g: 8:04pm On Jun 13, 2022
Lol
Kcallerpsi:

No, I haven’t, for I am still waiting for my CAS from Lincoln. But fret not, certificates won’t be issued if there was sign of TB. The extra X-ray was for them to conclude, for not being sure about the first one.
Those people bent me anyhow sha for the extra X-ray lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Plaitex(f): 8:04pm On Jun 13, 2022
Please do we have anyone who is currently studying or studied at the East London University? I haven't seen much talks about it and I will love to hear Nairalanders honest reviews.

I applied for Digital marketing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Masjeff14: 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2022
grin grin
giselle237:
you say what grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by scarfaceIII(m): 8:15pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hello guys, I’m about to apply for Visa and these are all the documents I have with me
Personal Bank statement
Transcript
Degree certificate
Tb test
Passport
CAS.
I graduated in 2019, will I need any other documents ready?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Alliswell123: 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hello pls I have withdrawn 6million from my account after application but I didn’t withdraw below requested amount.
Now that I want to send pof to ukvi,

it’s advisable to print POF till date or I just print the POF of the 29 days that I submitted earlier

Guys pls help..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Goodbetterbest: 8:30pm On Jun 13, 2022
Jay5mie:
Please house, does school reputation determine if the embassy would grant you visa or not? I got an admission from Bedfordshire uni and I'm worried if the reputation of the school is high enough to be granted easy visa before paying a deposit of 4.5mil naira(65% of total fees).

Congratulations on your admission. How long did it take them to give you admission? I just applied to them a week ago.

I also know a friend's friend there and she was given visa. So I don't think it affects your visa chances. Just have your documents as required
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by chkb: 8:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Visa fee is £363

IHS is £624 per year

Canterbury is in Kent, outskirts of London

Cheers

Is ihs no longer 705pounds?
Is the visa fee same for both main applicant and dependant?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kcallerpsi: 8:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pipe1g:
Lol

Why laughing mate? Was I chatting shii?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ugmama(m): 9:10pm On Jun 13, 2022
Walatip222:
https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/Type

Visa fee is £363 for applicant

2 years course for me and a dependant.

Is it correct?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:10pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hello,

But these a questions a quick Google search can answer plus the links are on the first page

IHS is £470 per year the visa duration is more than a year that's why you have £705. Use link https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/how-much-pay

Dependants visa is £490

Just seeing my error, I quoted the wrong figure . Sleep been dey my eye.

You are absolutely correct

Cheers
chkb:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ugmama(m): 9:11pm On Jun 13, 2022
chkb:

Na 705 as per my screenshot o kiss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jay5mie: 9:21pm On Jun 13, 2022
Goodbetterbest:

Congratulations on your admission. How long did it take them to give you admission? I just applied to them a week ago.

I also know a friend's friend there and she was given visa. So I don't think it affects your visa chances. Just have your documents as required

I applied in March and got the admission ending of April. Overlooked it cos i was looking for a Canadian admission but I'm back to it now after weighing my options.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by emangks: 9:28pm On Jun 13, 2022
Good evening everyone... Please when filling the Visa application... Under the "Dependent Details" if d main applicant is the husband, am I to input both my wife and kid or just my kid.

Mind you, I have stated under "Spouse Details" that my wife is travelling with me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DuBooVay(f): 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
Linking doesnt relate to biometrics. Refers to inputting main applicants gwf number on your online application
Alliswell123:

I’m not aware of that, we didn’t do biometrics the same day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DuBooVay(f): 9:42pm On Jun 13, 2022
Safe to add both of them. Thats what i did
emangks:
Good evening everyone... Please when filling the Visa application... Under the "Dependent Details" if d main applicant is the husband, am I to input both my wife and kid or just my kid.

Mind you, I have stated under "Spouse Details" that my wife is travelling with me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DuBooVay(f): 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
They specifically asked for a statement dated before your application. Go back and reread that email. Youre to resubmit the statement you initially tendered
Alliswell123:
Hello pls I have withdrawn 6million from my account after application but I didn’t withdraw below requested amount.
Now that I want to send pof to ukvi,

it’s advisable to print POF till date or I just print the POF of the 29 days that I submitted earlier

Guys pls help..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DuBooVay(f): 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2022
DELETE THIS AND STOP MISLEADING PEOPLE
Happyfellow147:
You are right

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.