Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (728) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1203167 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mistakay1112: 12:01pm On Jun 14, 2022
Yes, the naira is converted to virtual Dillard card.

quote author=tadaax post=113792090]
did you convert the naira to their virtual dollar card?[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mistakay1112: 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2022
Yes, the naira is converted to their virtual dollar card

tadaax:

did you convert the naira to their virtual dollar card?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Hanzzyyy(m): 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mrguobadia: 12:34pm On Jun 14, 2022
Thanks a lot
Gx470:

Birmingham city university
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Eddibloc(m): 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
duchess90:
Hello,

Your gaps are less than 5years.

Yiu shouldn't worry

Cheers

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nurnur: 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
@Justwise

Please, is it possible to transfer from one University in the UK to another University in the UK on the same course?

I am currently studying Nursing, and I am almost done with my first year. Still, for some personal family reasons and the level of racism in my current city (there are very few blacks in my current city), I would like to transfer to a University in the Midlands for Mental Health Nursing in September for my second year. I have been in talks with the University I want to move to, and it looks like it will be positive.

My only fear now is with my Student Visa.

Do I have to return to Nigeria to apply for a new Student Visa when the new University gives me a CAS, or can I apply for a new student visa within the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by justwise(m): 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nurnur:
@Justwise

Please, is it possible to transfer from one University in the UK to another University in the UK on the same course?

I am currently studying Nursing, and I am almost done with my first year. Still, for some personal family reasons and the level of racism in my current city (there are very few blacks in my current city), I would like to transfer to a University in the Midlands for Mental Health Nursing in September for my second year. I have been in talks with the University I want to move to, and it looks like it will be positive.

Do I have to return to Nigeria to apply for a new Student Visa when the new University gives me a CAS, or can I apply for a new student visa within the UK?

Contact the new university to discuss this, if your current university allows you to leave and the new one is willing to admit you then you will be fine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jsaviour(f): 12:59pm On Jun 14, 2022
nwaogukings03:

Pls whats the name of the telegram channel? U can send the link as well pls

Don't join any telegram channel if you aren't sure. Telegram is filled with scammers oo!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by medoty: 1:13pm On Jun 14, 2022
Will advise to complete your studies with your present university and move to another city immediately except for serious issues like accreditation by NMC UK. Racism is almost everywhere just that it is more serious in other places than others.

It's possible to transfer but time consuming as you have to collect your transcript and first year results, get admission from the new university, the present university cancel your CAS, the new university issued you a new CAS and you apply for another Visa and pay IHS and Visa application fees even though they may refund the IHS later.

Do you have all the time for this? After all the Nursing Msc is 50 percent coursework and 50% placement and you will spend the remaining 9 months mostly in hospitals which are basically the same when it comes to the issue of racism.

I am saying this from my over two years experience as a support worker in over a dozen hospitals in the UK.

Thank you.
Nurnur:
@Justwise

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sakol4life: 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hi nairalanders and the gurus on this platform. Im curious to know if i and my partner are on a safer side.

I am the main applicant while my wife will join me later. Just one step at a time! Please when is the latest time we can get married?

I hope its not too late after visa application or its a must we get married before i apply for visa as the main applicant ?

Will i need to fill in my spouse name in the visa application?

And for how long should we have gotten married before she can apply as a dependent ?

I need a quick response please � God bless you for being informative!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by pramil: 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2022
This one sweet me oooo

WatchYourSix:

Enjoy your IHS abeg....
Most people dont get the chance to do so

Make sure you maximize your spending...opt for c-section abeg.... grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Vicktorhmustjap: 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2022
@justwise and other gurus

please I need advice on this please

I'm the main Applicant... I did my biometric 9th May.. I sent a paid mail 30th May, status says that decision has been made that I should give 10 working days to get a collection mail.. up till now no mail for collection...

My dependants wants to apply as thier pof is over 28 days already...

Please should I wait to pick up my visa before I apply for them so I can indicate that MA visa is ready or I can just apply for them and tick MA visa not ready..

Any advantages or disadvantages....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nurnur: 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
@Justwise and @Medoty
Thank you so much for your response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Julidab: 1:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
Please what is the easiest way to enter uk. If is through students visa. What sch can I apply I have BSc and MSc in Biochemistry. Any health related short program with smal tuition fees. I want to enter then look for work there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cashmadam: 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
Julidab:
Please what is the easiest way to enter uk. If is through students visa. What sch can I apply I have BSc and MSc in Biochemistry. Any health related short program with smal tuition fees. I want to enter then look for work there

No easy way to enter UK. You can apply if you genuinely want to go back to school

Google is your friend. All the information you need are online.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by justwise(m): 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2022
Vicktorhmustjap:
@justwise and other gurus

please I need advice on this please

I'm the main Applicant... I did my biometric 9th May.. I sent a paid mail 30th May, status says that decision has been made that I should give 10 working days to get a collection mail.. up till now no mail for collection...

My dependants wants to apply as thier pof is over 28 days already...

Please should I wait to pick up my visa before I apply for them so I can indicate that MA visa is ready or I can just apply for them and tick MA visa not ready..

Any advantages or disadvantages....

You can wait or apply for them now as long as you are not recycling the same money you used for your own application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sammyuche(m): 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
ocpaschal:
he is an international medical graduate that studied medicine outside UK and Nigeria last year (2021). So he got admission for masters in public health nutrition at a UK university and traveled to UK last year. He's also done with the Masters program. And while in UK, he plans to do his internship (Fy1 and Fy2) and also take both PLAB 1 & 2 exams in UK with the sole aim of becoming a certified doctor later in the near future via GMC.

Please is it possible to get contact of your friend as I'm considering a similar pathway. I want to know if msc public health is worth it , although of course whilst still re-alligning myself back to work as a doctor there by writing plan and the rest. But like they say it's always good to have a plan b too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bourne007(m): 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2022
Just to add .. . you don't have to leave the country to apply for a new visa. IHS is non-refundable and have to pay for another.

Nurnur:
@Justwise

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mhizlateefah(f): 2:10pm On Jun 14, 2022
adegbitetunji:

No it is not … same Access .. 33 days now !!

This means, that one should start looking on the black market. angry angry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sakol4life: 2:33pm On Jun 14, 2022
Sakol4life:
Hi nairalanders and the gurus on this platform. Im curious to know if i and my partner are on a safer side.

I am the main applicant while my wife will join me later. Just one step at a time! Please when is the latest time we can get married?

I hope its not too late after visa application or its a must we get married before i apply for visa as the main applicant ?

Will i need to fill in my spouse name in the visa application?

And for how long should we have gotten married before she can apply as a dependent ?

Please respond asap
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mercymabonx: 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
SPARKAMANI:

You will get your visa soon don’t worry. I would advice you to better stop worrying. I have applied since the 25th of april and i am still waiting. Its just God at this point and then luck.

Omo I’m worried sick
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 3:03pm On Jun 14, 2022
Sakol4life:
Im curious to know if i and my partner are on a safer side.
I am the main applicant while my wife will join me later. Just one step at a time! Please when is the latest time we can get married?I hope its not too late after visa application or its a must we get married before i apply for visa as the main applicant ?Will i need to fill in my spouse name in the visa application? And for how long should we have gotten married before she can apply as a dependent ?
you are not married and therefore she is not your spouse.
When you get married, you simply provide spouse details in real time not forecasted time. Again sir, she is not your wife as you are not married. When the union is consummated you need to prove to the visa officer tht it is a genuine marriage and this is not dependent on marriage length.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by isialo(f): 3:04pm On Jun 14, 2022
Please if my maiden name is same as my husband's surname, do I need a change of name publication for visa application purpose? Please it's urgent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by MatrixCircle: 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hanzzyyy:
Hello @duchess90 ,I did self service, Biometrics soon.. So on one of my documents, I used electronic signature (From Microsoft Office) and after uploading and submitting, I just found out the signature didn't appear
on the PDF and I don't know why... So can I pay for Assisted Service when I go for Biometrics so they can upload the document with signature or what do you advise I do??
Also I hope COURIER SERVICE can be paid on the day of Biometrics?
Thanks wink
How much is the Assisted services smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2022
isialo:
Please if my maiden name is same as my husband's surname, do I need a change of name publication for visa application purpose? Please it's urgent
i do not see the need.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ZiggyMr(m): 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2022
Gloriyah:

Your current employment letter is from 2017 till date. UKVI would still need to see what you did from 2012-2017.
If there’s someone else in the company in a higher position that can sign other than your brother, I would advice you go for that.

Thanks Gloriyah.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by freshestAy: 3:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
Please, I graduated February 2017, finished NYSC April 2018, do I still need to show study gap ??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by olaintel(m): 3:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hi All,

Please whats happening when home office required you to upload additional Proof of education/ employment history. also I will like to know how long it do take before they give response on the application after I submit the additional documents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by lavida001: 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
mistakay1112:
Yes, the naira is converted to their virtual dollar card

Most people have been complaining about this same issue. I hope Barter card do the needful in time or else they will lose customers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mosimileoluwa12: 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
Both of you are right. Some statement generated with some bank app(Globus, UBA.....) have all the necessary details you'd need while some (Zenith, Providus.....) don't.

If a statement generated with a bank app has all the necessary details needed for visa application, you can use it. It doesn't even need to have a stamp.

These things dey Home website.

DuBooVay:
1. All the statements myself and my family used were generated from a mobile app and contained necessary details
2. To allow for the evidence of doubt. I went back to download my zenith app amd requested a statement. It contained these things as did my globus bank.
So please, what are you on about?
People need to reduce the stress they go thru during this visa process period and if you can get a mobile statement, save yourself the stress. Globus that i used even came with a stamp despite being online. The embassy accepted it for the entire family. PLEASE LETS STOP CREATING PANIC IN THE MINDS OF PEOPLE. MANY THINGS ARE STRAIGHTFORWARD!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Vicktorhmustjap: 4:21pm On Jun 14, 2022
justwise:

You can wait or apply for them now as long as you are not recycling the same money you used for your own application

Honestly the money for my own application will be recycled with additional money

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (1048)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.