Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,621 members, 7,827,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (942) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1215944 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by olaoye15(m): 8:51pm On Jul 20, 2022
ignis:

I had C6 in WAEC, year 2006. Plymouth accepted it. They even asked for WAEC scratch card to verify the result.

How can I also go about my qualifications verification check? My school also requested for it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bastardson: 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2022
ignis:

I had C6 in WAEC, year 2006. Plymouth accepted it. They even asked for WAEC scratch card to verify the result.
Please, how much does Plymouth require as deposit before issuance of CAS? Also, do they require POF?

Please guyz can you kindly suggest schools i can apply to? I have already applied to Sheffield Hallam though, for January intake. Thinking of 4-6 more to apply to.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kalakris: 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2022
oyetbaba:
over two months now, nothing

Did you pay deposit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:25pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hello

Perhaps you haven't gotten to that section yet?

It's usually towards the end I think

Cheers
mufasa123:
Please I’m currently not seeing this page while filing my form, but the page popped up during my friend’s application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hello

Either to a specific British High Commission address (pending on where you are applying from Lagos or Abuja).Here's a link for Abuja as an example

https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-high-commission-abuja/office/british-high-commission-abuja

Or a generic "To whom it may concern"

Cheers
lightofjoy:
Pls house which address will work reference letter be addressed to.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:30pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hello

Yes but the onus is on them to meet the criteria for a visit visa and ensure they will return after their visit

Your status as a student doesn't make much difference.
The general visa thread is a good place to start

Cheers

ocpaschal:
Pls o... Can an international student in UK invite his family members (siblings & parents) and relatives ( like Uncle or Cousins etc) for a visit to the UK?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hello

I assume you refer to your biometrics at TLS, I will advise slightly early but you will only be allowed at your appointment time (atleast for Abuja) unless things have changed now.

Cheers

Liell:
Hello,
My appointment is at 10.30am, but I'd like to know if arriving earlier than that will get me in or if I'll have to wait until 10.30.
���

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hello

Yes please print an up to date statement when going for your biometrics and request for it to be uploaded.

If you can upload it yourself and remove the out of date statement.

The rules are there for a reason,don't attract an unnecessary refusal

Cheers

Readytojapa:
Good evening house

Please I need your input here.

I've submitted my online application and uploaded on TLS.
Issue is with POF - I uploaded matured statement on TLS, but my printed bank statement will be beyond 31 days old by the time I go for biometrics.

How does this affect my chances please? Do I have to print an updated copy when going for Bio?
@duchess90

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:35pm On Jul 20, 2022
grin grin
Mattmich:
Let me answer like @Duchess90
Your living expenses + your outstanding tuition balance. Please it's better the money exceeds the required amount than being deficit.
CHEERS!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hello

What exactly is the concern, what you highlighted in my opinion is very clear

If you have specific questions then ask

Here's a link for abit of research if you need to : https://www.gov.uk/graduate-visa/your-partner-and-children

Cheers
romelady:

Please how does this dependent stuff work ..

Biko explain
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ignis: 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2022
bastardson:
Please, how much does Plymouth require as deposit before issuance of CAS? Also, do they require POF?

Please guyz can you kindly suggest schools i can apply to? I have already applied to Sheffield Hallam though, for January intake. Thinking of 4-6 more to apply to.

£2,000 pounds is the required amount by Plymouth for issuance of CAS.

@Bolded, you don't just apply to schools just like that...There are factors you should put into consideration. Remember, you gonna spend money and at least one year of your life. Think about that.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ignis: 9:46pm On Jul 20, 2022
olaoye15:

How can I also go about my qualifications verification check? My school also requested for it.

Which of the qualification?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Liell: 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2022
It's Vi center.
Thanks
duchess90:
Hello

I assume you refer to your biometrics at TLS, I will advise slightly early but you will only be allowed at your appointment time (atleast for Abuja) unless things have changed now.

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mannymanny: 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2022
boladale123:

O yes!!
I see the premaster as a waste of resources and time.
Please do you know of any University/colleges offering a direct master out London I .e Sunderland,Swansea?
De Montfort uni, Cardiff metropolitan, Canterbury christ church uni, Sheffield Hallam, Edinburg Napier, uni of stirling etc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Readytojapa: 10:08pm On Jul 20, 2022
Thanks for the response.

Will submit an updated version.

duchess90:
Hello

Yes please print an up to date statement when going for your biometrics and request for it to be uploaded.

If you can upload it yourself and remove the out of date statement.

The rules are there for a reason,don't attract an unnecessary refusal

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by lightofjoy(m): 10:17pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hello house, pls in filling for IHS, where we have what type of visa route:
I have the following but look similar:
PBS Tier 4 Student
Student.

Which one should I pick,
1. If I pick PBS Tier 4, the second option'what is your visa type ' will not display anything.
2. But if I pick student, it will display 'student and other options' in the what is your visa type. And with the the IHS charge is £705 per person. Which is right pls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ocpaschal: 10:23pm On Jul 20, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Yes but the onus is on them to meet the criteria for a visit visa and ensure they will return after their visit

Your status as a student doesn't make much difference.
The general visa thread is a good place to start

Cheers

do u have any general visa thread link for Britain?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SaintOpzy(m): 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hello guys, good day.

Please is it advisable to fill visa by self or agents?

I tried filling it myself tho but up till ihs, there's no place to upload documents yet, is that how it is for everyone?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sen2paco: 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

When you alight at Along, cross to the other side, make you enter market, as if you dey go computer village.

Walk straight to the bridge, you'll see Korope by your left, tell them you're going to Isaac John, them go carry you drop you for the beginning of the street, then you trek down.

Heading back, (incase you need this), just enter Korope wey dey go Ikeja, them go drop you for bridge, walk down to Along... Dazzal
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hello

The correct one is Option 2

Because option 2 replaced option 1

Cheers
lightofjoy:
Hello house, pls in filling for IHS, where we have what type of visa route:
I have the following but look similar:
PBS Tier 4 Student
Student.

Which one should I pick,
1. If I pick PBS Tier 4, the second option'what is your visa type ' will not display anything.
2. But if I pick student, it will display 'student and other options' in the what is your visa type. And with the the IHS charge is £705 per person. Which is right pls?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hello

We DIY here

Uploading documents is when you have finished your visa application and submitted it.

You have to go back into the link and select your appointment on TLS

Self service will be when you upload it yourself,and assisted is when a staff of TLS uploads it for you

Cheers
SaintOpzy:
Hello guys, good day.

Please is it advisable to fill visa by self or agents?

I tried filling it myself tho but up till ihs, there's no place to upload documents yet, is that how it is for everyone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 10:56pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hello

Here you go

https://www.nairaland.com/6969367/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part

Cheers

ocpaschal:
do u have any general visa thread link for Britain?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cjaylawson: 11:54pm On Jul 20, 2022
Pls what's d current amount for Visa and ihs fee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ibukune(m): 11:58pm On Jul 20, 2022
@duchess90 and other gurus in the house, my poor will mature next month. Pls is it possible to pay for its and visa fee ahead in order to secure a biometric date since date are had to come by now. Hope it has no disadvantage
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davidandgo: 12:30am On Jul 21, 2022
Ibukune:
@duchess90 and other gurus in the house, my poor will mature next month. Pls is it possible to pay for its and visa fee ahead in order to secure a biometric date since date are had to come by now. Hope it has no disadvantage

No it is not safe. Please wait for your POF to mature before paying for the visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mydeporch(f): 12:34am On Jul 21, 2022
This is encouraging. I got a visit visa refusal in April. Am really worried it might affect my application. Am worried because I use a relative biz name that I work there and no salary was reflecting in my account. I had funds entering account as I was helping wt my parents house project since dy are not in Naija. They said It was inconsistent .....If I had known, I would not have tried it. I will use faith believing it will work out since it's a different class of application.Na only faith remain

Adejumoke00:
Visa Alert!
Visa Alert!!
Visa Alert!!!

Family of 5

Please It's going to be a long read, Kindly be patient as you read through �

Application date for MA : 17th of May

Application date for 4 dependants : 28th of May (Hubby and 3kids )

Biometric for all : 31st of May

NSF for MA : 17th of June ( For study gap documents which I sent on the 21st of June

Paid mail for MA on the 28th of June, Collection mail for MA same day.

Several Paid mails and calls for dependants : awaiting decision( I literally got tired of these)

Paid Call for all dependants: 8th of July ( Decision has been made ) Ope o��

Transferred and received by VAC : 15th of July

Collection Mail : 15th of July

Collection of our 5 Passport: 18th of July with Vignette sitting pretty on it ���
------------------------------------'
Ok, Back to the main gist ;

I submitted a proof of Fund from 1st of May to 30th of May.. (30 days pof)

On the 3rd of June , Someone here said she was refused because she Applied and paid both Visa and IHS 5 days to her POF maturity of 28th days .. when i saw it, I was devastated because I applied on the 17th of May, Paid both Visa and IHS same day...but printed from 1st to 30th of May which means I only held it for 17 days .. MOGBE!!!��‍♀️�‍♀️

I became so worried , but Thank God for God , @duchee90 and @Mosinmiloluwa that came through for Me and gave me hope for NSF .

Kindly note, My pof has been in my account since March, Paid my full tuition fees in April ... submitted my pof for cas ... from March 30th to 27th of April ( Cas was given on the 12th of May)

Hence , NSF became my everyday prayer cos I really needed it to print another POF for them .. infact I've informed my account officer I'm coming to the bank very soon .

When I got the first NSF for my 10 years study Gap , I kept on praying for the second one so I can send the POF to them .. but it's didn't come . On the 28th of May I made a paid mail and I was told decision has Been made and Collection mail dropped! How ? Why ? Without NSF for the POF ? That was when I realised what my school told me then that they are sending my documents with my POF and Bank Reference letter to UKVI for my CAS , so it has to be up to date .

Documents submitted : Passport,POF, Degree Certificate,Transcript, Neco Certificate, Change of Name , Marriage certificate , TB Certificate, IHS and Visa evidence of payment, Cas file ,checklist , Visa Application form ..(Infact I uploaded enough documents for them )

Dependants: hubby - his POF , Marriage Certificate, Biodata page, family pictures in a file , TB Certificate
For the kids: Hubby POF, Consent form signed by both Parents, biodata page, birth Certificate, TB Certificate.

I declared 2 Canada study visa refusal 2015 & 2016
1 UK Visiting visa 2021 December.

The kids also declared UK Visitor visa refusal ..

It was Only Hubby that was given the Visitor Visa and He Spent just 2 weeks

All declared !!

I'm just so happy seeing our passports with visa stamped in it ...

It's a dream comes true Fam...

Like what Pastor Jerry said on NSPPD on the 6th of June : He said.. "STOP THE FEAR , NOTHING WOULD GO WRONG" I held on to the word and God Came through for me and my Family ...

I'm also saying to everyone here waiting for their Visa that You should "Stop the fear; Nothing will go wrong .

As we are Investing into our future and that of our Family , May God Smile on Us and Ours�May We All Eat the Fruits of The UK Land . Amen

Sunderland.. He We Come .. You Must Favour Us �

Thank you so much Everyone, God bless �

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by babra19: 12:56am On Jul 21, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Is your passport in your maiden name?

Cheers
Yes please
I had the passport before my wedding.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by awo666(m): 1:31am On Jul 21, 2022
Please, who has a way of helping to pick a date for biometric. I am tired searching for date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Phil46: 1:41am On Jul 21, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

When you alight at Along, cross to the other side, make you enter market, as if you dey go computer village.

Walk straight to the bridge, you'll see Korope by your left, tell them you're going to Isaac John, them go carry you drop you for the beginning of the street, then you trek down.

Heading back, (incase you need this), just enter Korope wey dey go Ikeja, them go drop you for bridge, walk down to Along... Dazzal

Thank you very much for this. God bless you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by everyevery: 2:06am On Jul 21, 2022
Is there any school still available for September/October MSC admission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by nwauwa(m): 2:08am On Jul 21, 2022
Please what are your opinions or way out on this:
someone is being fully sponsored by the foster parents ( a priest and wife) , they are not related nor bear same surname, they have enough money in their bank statement and have paid more than half tuition, however on the visa application form, the space for sponsor says you must provide court document or adoption letters or birth certificate to prove relationship with the sponsor. how do i overcome or handle this ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by TobyTreasure: 2:11am On Jul 21, 2022
afolayanto:
I got same email. It is not a mistake. It was clearly stated in the email they have unprecedented demand than they anticipated. Guess some people has paid their deposit and they've met their target of students they want to admit. Or have you made deposit?
Initiated Form A since one month and 2 weeks now. I was hoping to be debited this week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.