Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja (18665 Views)

How Do I Move My Pension Funds From Leadway Assurance To Another PFA. / For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. / Nigerian Chief Turns Down Award In South Africa Because Of Xenophobia(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by awa(m): 1:07pm On Jan 27, 2022
You may consider going to Abuja. Do your Bolt drive and plan more on what next. Deciding on going to SA within a week is short a time. Don't be in a haste to go to SA. The Visa will still come again. God bless you with your final decision.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by skylarr: 1:08pm On Jan 27, 2022
It's better you move to Abuja. There's nothing in SA

If you can't get USA, Canada, Australia etc first world countries, better stay in Nigeria. Else, you'll go and increase your sorrows.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by noskcid(m): 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
The problem with Abuja has been solved for you already which is accommodation and it depends on the area anyways. But if you must travel and it’s within Africa, go to Mauritius or Seychelles, they are closer to South Africa but go to hospitality school then from there you can move to USA or Canada. What do I know sef.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Stevenson1(m): 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
Gbagbuo247:
Please my brothers and I sisters, I will make this as simple as possible. I really need your advice urgently I just have one week to decide.
I have two options facing me:

1: Should I move to South Africa
2:Or Get a Corolla and move to Abuja and do Uber/Bolt.

I have accommodation offers in both South Africa and Abuja.

Note:
I have the money to get the car. And a friend gave me one bed room flat in Abuja with rent Free.

I don’t have any job offers in South Africa. Strictly hustle. Though I have close relations there. Who will still accommodate me.

Please moderator help me move this to the front page I really need all the advice I can get. I just have one week to make up my mind.

What are you going to do in South Africa??
Oga, get your Corolla and move to Abuja jor.
Trust me ... You won't regret it.
Also, try and be investing whatever Money you get no matter how little.
One business and one source of income no dey sustain Nigerians this days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Ebubu: 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
Gbagbuo247:
Please my brothers and I sisters, I will make this as simple as possible. I really need your advice urgently I just have one week to decide.

Note:
I have the money to get the car. And a friend gave me one bed room flat in Abuja with rent Free.

I don’t have any job offers in South Africa. Strictly hustle. Though I have close relations there. Who will still accommodate me.

Please moderator help me move this to the front page I really need all the advice I can get. I just have one week to make up my mind.

Going into a foreign country with no legit plan on success can lead to many wasted years that you’d regret. The South Africa trip is too sudden and devoid of legitimate plans. Just saying just lying is too vague to me. I’m not against it but the lack of a well laid down plan is what is not tasteful.

Why not go to Abuja, get the ride and start Uber, I think Abuja pays Uber well and is also safe and secure as a city.

With that you can have enough income to save monthly money while also having enough time to plan your South Africa trip and the kind of business you’ll be doing there when you arrive,when you will eventually leave the country and return to naija to retire or set up business, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by King44(m): 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
None...
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by eronapo: 1:10pm On Jan 27, 2022
South Africa
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 27, 2022
Beware of Abuja people, if you want to rent a house better rent a house.Before you become homeless when your friend tells you madam want to use the room. Abuja might be good for Uber Business and the roads are pretty good.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by AutoC: 1:10pm On Jan 27, 2022
skylarr:
It's better you move to Abuja. There's nothing in SA

If you can't get USA, Canada, Australia etc first world countries, better stay in Nigeria. Else, you'll go and increase your sorrows.

The truth is, many people look down on African countries...

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by CSTRR: 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
You want to go to South Africa with the xenophobia there.

Your sense is small.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by ugodson(m): 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
Guy u better go to Abuja. South Africa is no place to go. If you don't know south get juju o,is a very rough place.
If is not a company you are going to work for in southy na DRUGS,THIEF or ARMED ROBBERY or Yahoo plus.
If you haven't killed anyone before you will if you get there is cos you can get into a situation where is either you kill or BE KILLED.
Brother I don't know who you are but my advice to you is go to Abuja.

Southy is MAD o

10 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by ogub(m): 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2022
Above every man's suggestions seek God's will in it. 'll suggest you go to Abuja cause it an environment you'll not much time to adjust unlike South Africa.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by adecz: 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2022
⏩Take control of your destiny...

......move quietly to Abuja without
letting your village people know❗️❗️

From your post, Abuja is bird in hand
while SA is bird in the bush..

A single word is enough for the wise✌️✌️

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by CSTRR: 1:14pm On Jan 27, 2022
ugodson:
Guy u better go to Abuja. South Africa is no place to go. If you don't know south get juju o,is a very rough place.
If is not a company you are going to work for in southy na DRUGS,THIEF or ARMED ROBBERY or Yahoo plus.
If you haven't killed anyone before you will if you get there is cos you can get into a situation where is either you kill or BE KILLED.
Brother I don't know who you are but my advice to you is go to Abuja.

Southy is MAD o
The socio-economic conditions of that country is worsening.
Pro- Xenophobia politicians are taking advantage and gaining popularity.

It will collapse soon.

I pity foreigners caught in that hell hole when it does.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Naturalobserver(m): 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2022
Leave accommodation first
Wetin u wan go do for South Africa?

7 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Marcelnali: 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2022
doctor306:
Why do I have a feeling your in dire need of education cus only an illiterate with a smart phone can make such stupid comment
Have you been to South Africa? If he goes to South Africa he is gonna regret it, no doubt about it.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Obodo999(m): 1:24pm On Jan 27, 2022
izzy4shizzy:
The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.

It seems Abuja is less if a gamble for me, then SA with there xenophobia you can't be too sure

Wrong.
If you know the devil, you can never meet the Angel.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Marcelnali: 1:24pm On Jan 27, 2022
[go to Abuja and register your Corolla as airport taxi and thank me later. Forget SA unless you want to dieuote author=sylvestersamuel post=109710608] cool[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by izzy4shizzy(m): 1:25pm On Jan 27, 2022
Obodo999:

Wrong.
If you know the devil, you can never meet the Angel.

Okay sir
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Bullet01(f): 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2022
South Africa of all countries. My sincere advice is for you to stay back in Nigeria. Abuja is your best bet pal

4 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by GreatGod906: 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2022
bilo1:
Life is all about risk,so carry your loads(if you have any)and move to a country where things are working atleast to a reasonable extent.
u didn't even bother to ask him the skills he has that will make him employable in south Africa, u just want him to move because u believe Nigeria is not good.

Let me tell u how people get tricked into carrying drugs in south africa,Nigerians will get there with the mentality of "just leave Nigeria " n when they get there they realise it's not as easy as they think so after they have exhausted all the cash on them then one drug pusher will tell them they can make money with drug peddling n since they have no option they will embrace it n get caught n u will see their pix on nairaland front page.

He has a house in abj n a car meaning he has something to hold on to,so y leave certainty for uncertainty?

5 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by sakanifemi123(m): 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2022
start from Abuja, later try second part after everything don set
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by idonuh10: 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2022
Bros just go straight to Abuja, forget about south Africa, gather enough and reason Canada,may God help you

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Tboymessiah(m): 1:39pm On Jan 27, 2022
AutoC:

The truth is, many people look down on African countries...I relocated to SA and I'm much better than all my friends who relocated to Canada.. my one cent

NasoLifeBe!!!

Why u no go better pass them no be drug u dey push for there.

Everybody no sey money dey Ilegal deal pass Legal business

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Shakitibob0: 1:40pm On Jan 27, 2022
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Springboot: 1:40pm On Jan 27, 2022
fikayormi:
If you don’t mind the xenophobia and all
I think you should try southy.

Laslas Naija don cast

Don't follow this advice, the person is uneducated.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by GreatGod906: 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2022
Tboymessiah:

NasoLifeBe!!!

Why u no go better pass them no be drug u dey push for there.

Everybody no sey money dey Ilegal deal pass Legal business
no mind am
No b d same south Africa again?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by sivel(m): 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2022
OP if you have friends or family in South Africa that you can trust please ask them about the opportunities there that you can exploit. I have the feeling that most of the comments above are from people who are doing well for themselves in Nigeria. People have migrated even to neighboring Cameroon and Chad and found success. Bottom line is carve out your own destiny. My two cents.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by KaluwisxPRO: 1:46pm On Jan 27, 2022
Get your International drivers license, your Nigeria. Driver license, Move to SA, and start your Uber Business, thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Segzy19: 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2022
Don't ever try SA if you don't have a formal job or except you are going for studies. Even at that, it's not easy.

You will suffer. I repeat you will suffer for it.

Language barrier
Xenophobia is everywhere there...
It's a very closed economy
To get a proper job requires you to have south African ID document. Very difficult to get
Crime rate is high.. Assurance of making it back home once you leave home isn't guaranteed.

Once they know you are a Nigerian or term you as one, then you are a target...

Stay in your Abuja o....

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Laturuturu: 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
Gbagbuo247:

Note:

Okokopioko
Why should not to go South
Rent is costly
No job
Hmm may be you can get a job that pays 2500 rand , house rent is big room 1500pm small room 1000pm Parlor space 800 curtain space 500. Fala fala 350 all this is minus electricity.
Ita problem dey , immigration problem after ur three months visa expired yiu will go to marabastad to declare for asylum (horror)

If you still wanna go south
Ur options
Yahoo serious one
Hand work hairdressing barbing cooking

Why all this stress sef when u have a good accommodation in abj plus u can afford a car for uber

Pls.no go
He no worth am abeg

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by pr9511487: 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
see below

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Some Moment You Can Relate To In Arms Force Training / COVID-19: Unvaccinated Civil Servants Allowed Into Offices In Abuja (Photos) / Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.