Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja (18595 Views)

How Do I Move My Pension Funds From Leadway Assurance To Another PFA. / For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. / Nigerian Chief Turns Down Award In South Africa Because Of Xenophobia(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Godsgift7837: 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2022
Gbagbuo247:
Please my brothers and I sisters, I will make this as simple as possible. I really need your advice urgently I just have one week to decide.
I have two options facing me:

1: Should I move to South Africa
2:Or Get a Corolla and move to Abuja and do Uber/Bolt.

I have accommodation offers in both South Africa and Abuja.

Note:
I have the money to get the car. And a friend gave me one bed room flat in Abuja with rent Free.

I don’t have any job offers in South Africa. Strictly hustle. Though I have close relations there. Who will still accommodate me.

Please moderator help me move this to the front page I really need all the advice I can get. I just have one week to make up my mind.
bro I will be very honest with you, don’t even think of coming to SA if you’re looking to do anything legit. There’s no job in South Africa and even the citizen’s are asking government to stop employing foreigners. I live here in SA so my nigga find another country enter SA is not an option.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by bayumyguy: 3:27pm On Jan 27, 2022
Bros if you don't have hand/skill work don't go to south Africa oooo I have been there severally for medical check up and I see how Nigerian are living there na only handwork you fit do for south Africa that you will make cool money anything else forget it.So it,s better u are in Abuja and hustle there oooo.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Govocrete: 3:30pm On Jan 27, 2022
Gbagbuo247:
Please my brothers and I sisters, I will make this as simple as possible. I really need your advice urgently I just have one week to decide.

Note:
I have the money to get the car. And a friend gave me one bed room flat in Abuja with rent Free.

I don’t have any job offers in South Africa. Strictly hustle. Though I have close relations there. Who will still accommodate me.

Please moderator help me move this to the front page I need all the advice I can get. I just have one week to make up my mind.

Your best bet is Abuja. Moving to SA, it will take you more than a year to settle down and the crime rate there is scary.

I know it's not easy here at home but when you start running from immigration and police in a foreign land. You will realise that there is no place at home.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by LeSudAfricaine: 3:34pm On Jan 27, 2022
Segzy19:
They have about 11 different languages (English inclusive) in SA. All of them are official in their region i.e. if you are in Durban for example, Zulu and English will be the official language their. You will easily give yourself away as a foreigner if you can't speak Zulu... You speak to someone in English, the person hears and understands but will intentionally reply you in Zulu or any of the other languages. That should tell you to move on immediately. Yeah, you can learn the language with time but for most of the jobs they usually require one to be able to communicate in Zulu or their local language.

Bro, I see no reason why anyone will want to go hustle in SA except if one wants to go do runs, drugs and those illegal stuffs.

SA is a closed economy o. U can't just pick up any job on the street like in the UK or USA. The citizens ain't smiling o.

It's good for professionals like lecturers, doctors, nurses etc. or if your company transfers you there. Street hustle is to hard in SA o...

Again, stay in your Abuja and try that one first
Bro, there are no language barriers between two Anglophone countries.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by LeSudAfricaine: 3:36pm On Jan 27, 2022
Govocrete:

Your best bet is Abuja. Moving to SA, it will take you more than a year to settle down and the crime rate there is scary.

I know it's not easy here at home but when you start running from immigration and police in a foreign land. You will realise that there is no place at home.
It's exaggerated

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by porthouse7(f): 3:42pm On Jan 27, 2022
Gbagbuo247:

Note:

Please moderator help me move this to the front page I really need all the advice I can get. I just have one week to make up my mind.
i will advice u go to south africa, but they dont issue permit to nigerians again, if u will run it agent will charge u 1m
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 27, 2022
South Africa! Run for your life!
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by porthouse7(f): 3:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
rita25:
move to abuja then gather and move to canada
naso canada easy, even people with 15m no get canada visa
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by morpheus101: 3:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
LeSudAfricaine:
It's exaggerated

Its not exaggerated.

Aren't you happy a majority of people on this thread are advising this fellow not to venture to South Africa.

isn't that what your people want or you are here in defense of your xenophobic nation.

@ OP

Please desist from making any plans to go to South Africa, the time for going to that place for a better life is over for now. Seek better opportunities else where or manage Abuja, at least it is not as mad as Lagos and your best bet would be to find something in civil service.

Shikena!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by LEGITCHUDDY: 3:52pm On Jan 27, 2022
Ekeeyhandsome:
Southy sweet if u get money oo.. no office or company job here ,strictly business or street hustle..

Southy get both jobless nd employed women nd majority r single mothers.
Sex nd alcohol r the two easiest things here..

Meanwhile, ur relatives wey go accommodate u here ,go still push u out if u struggling, no love here at all...
bills are paid every month, so monthend is usually hectic if u don't have cash for ur bills for the coming month.

I don't know shit about Abuja shaa..

Choose ur fate wisely nd Goodluck with it.

boss what if someone is moving there with his own money and willing to buy his own car.....then start driving and become a taxi,,bolt,uber or even an airport driver in that side

rather the waiting for a white cola job??

whats ur suggestion and pls what do think about it??
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by porthouse7(f): 3:55pm On Jan 27, 2022
Laturuturu:

Okokopioko
Why should not to go South
Rent is costly
No job
Hmm may be you can get a job that pays 2500 rand , house rent is big room 1500pm small room 1000pm Parlor space 800 curtain space 500. Fala fala 350 all this is minus electricity.
Ita problem dey , immigration problem after ur three months visa expired yiu will go to marabastad to declare for asylum (horror)

If you still wanna go south
Ur options
Yahoo serious one
Hand work hairdressing barbing cooking

Why all this stress sef when u have a good accommodation in abj plus u can afford a car for uber

Pls.no go
He no worth am abeg
dem no dey give nigerians aduro again
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by TjoBATHONG(m): 3:55pm On Jan 27, 2022
Segzy19:
Jobs are not their except you already have one waiting for you or you are into lines like academics, health.

The requirements they put around their jobs make it difficult for foreigners to get their jobs easily.

Please seek more information about SA from other persons too... They will tell you.

I'm South African and we run an open market economy - the most globally intergrated in Africa.

I thought maybe u were talking about monopolies - which SA has many in big business, but in the informal sector it's a free-for-all (infact South Africans are at a disadvantage because most employers prefer cheap foreign labour) and hence the resentment.

Just last week Julius Malema was inspecting restaurants and found most overwhelmingly hired foreign staff. So to that extent the SA economy is too open, even to the detriment of the locals.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by LeSudAfricaine: 3:57pm On Jan 27, 2022
morpheus101:

Its not exaggerated.

Aren't you happy a majority of people on this thread are advising this fellow not to venture to South Africa.

isn't that what your people want or you are here in defense of your xenophobic nation.

@ OP

Please desist from making any plans to go to South Africa, the time for going to that place for a better life is over for now. Seek better opportunities else where or manage Abuja, at least it is not as mad as Lagos and your best bet would be to find something in civil service.

Shikena!

The crime situation in South Africa is exaggerated. I don't need you tell me about my own country, I know it better.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by LEGITCHUDDY: 3:59pm On Jan 27, 2022
Godsgift7837:
bro I will be very honest with you, don’t even think of coming to SA if you’re looking to do anything legit. There’s no job in South Africa and even the citizen’s are asking government to stop employing foreigners. I live here in SA so my nigga find another country enter SA is not an option.

boss what if am coming with my own money and willing to buy my own car then start taxi..uber...bolt or even an airport driver in that side

rather than waiting for white cola jobs or to be employed by any company

pls what do you think or what do you have say about it?
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by morpheus101: 4:02pm On Jan 27, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

I'm South African and we run an open market economy - the most globally intergrated in Africa.

I thought maybe u were talking about monopolies - which SA has many in big business, but in the informal sector it's a free-for-all (infact South Africans are at a disadvantage because most employers prefer cheap foreign labour) and hence the resentment.

Just last week Julius Malema was inspecting restaurants and found most overwhelmingly hired foreign staff. So to that extent the SA economy is too open, even to the detriment of the locals.

Thank you for your education on the formal sector, now the Op is obviously one who wants to employed in the informal and unregulated sector. He must not go there and add to the foreign nationals who are about to be chased out of South Africa. It will be a waste of his precious time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Govocrete: 4:03pm On Jan 27, 2022
LeSudAfricaine:
It's exaggerated

I don't think it's exaggerated, I was in SA in 2014 and I saw things myself.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by morpheus101: 4:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
Govocrete:

I don't think it's exaggerated, I was in SA in 2014 and I saw things myself.

I second this. I myself have been a victim of crime in Johannesburg and capetown.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 4:17pm On Jan 27, 2022
LEGITCHUDDY:

boss what if someone is moving there with his own money and willing to buy his own car.....then start driving and become a taxi,,bolt,uber or even an airport driver in that side

rather the waiting for a white cola job??

whats ur suggestion and pls what do think about it??

Bolt business is very lucrative here.. u fit dey make plus minus R12k a month ,which is about 400k .. drivers who drives for ppl here dey do monthly payments of 6k/7k ..

But u are not allowed to pick passengers around the taxi ranks or these taxi associations fit kill u or set ur car on fire . it's a war between taxi(bus owners) nd private taxi operators.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 4:31pm On Jan 27, 2022
LeSudAfricaine:
Isn't this the same in every country ?

For those wey dey reason say women fit change their lives here.. it's difficult these days cox of unemployment rates. I know nighas wey enter USA nd next day, them dey with akata via papers nd free accommodation..

Here na different story, infact na the opposite..

There's no love here, since sex is too common.. infact,person wey u call ur babe dey collect steady dick from other men.. here is all about the money nd groove.

If u no get money Here, woman fit accommodate u, just to have access to your dick anytime she wants nd when u start to the bore her, she go throw u out..

3some ,5some is too common if u get money to flex them oo.. flexing here means, buy them alcohol, weed, takeaways, thn money for transportation..
Even ur main babe here fit arrange 3som for u.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by femiaction(m): 4:35pm On Jan 27, 2022
Guy dont encourage him to come SA, when you know that it is very difficult to get SA permit
Ekeeyhandsome:

Bolt business is very lucrative here.. u fit dey make plus minus R12k a month ,which is about 400k .. drivers who drives for ppl here dey do monthly payments of 6k/7k ..

But u are not allowed to pick passengers around the taxi ranks or these taxi associations fit kill u or set ur car on fire . it's a war between taxi(bus owners) nd private taxi operators.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by morpheus101: 4:40pm On Jan 27, 2022
Ekeeyhandsome:

For those wey dey reason say women fit change their lives here.. it's difficult these days cox of unemployment rates. I know nighas wey enter USA nd next day, them dey with akata via papers nd free accommodation..

Here na different story, infact na the opposite..

There's no love here, since sex is too common.. infact,person wey u call ur babe dey collect steady dick from other men.. here is all about the money nd groove.

If u no get money Here, woman fit accommodate u, just to have access to your dick anytime she wants nd when u start to the bore her, she go throw u out..

3some ,5some is too common if u get money to flex them oo.. flexing here means, buy them alcohol, weed, takeaways, thn money for transportation..
Even ur main babe here fit arrange 3som for u.

Guy abeg no make me fall laugh o!
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by AutoC: 4:55pm On Jan 27, 2022
Tboymessiah:

NasoLifeBe!!!

Why u no go better pass them no be drug u dey push for there.

Everybody no sey money dey Ilegal deal pass Legal business

Well, if u say it's drug, yes it's drug...you want some ? Talk
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 27, 2022
Laturuturu:

Okokopioko
Why should not to go South
Rent is costly
No job
Hmm may be you can get a job that pays 2500 rand , house rent is big room 1500pm small room 1000pm Parlor space 800 curtain space 500. Fala fala 350 all this is minus electricity.
Ita problem dey , immigration problem after ur three months visa expired yiu will go to marabastad to declare for asylum (horror)

If you still wanna go south
Ur options
Yahoo serious one
Hand work hairdressing barbing cooking

Why all this stress sef when u have a good accommodation in abj plus u can afford a car for uber

Pls.no go
He no worth am abeg
This guy's grammar might be a little poor but he said the whole truth.

Those talking about crime and xenophobia don't know South Africa. If you make good money ($1k upwards per month) you won't experience any of that.

Do not go to South Africa if you do not have a guaranteed job or at least a fixed accommodation waiting for you.

If you were a G-boy with a steady paying work (at least $1k per month) I'll say you go to Southy. Life there is so so sweet with money.

I know because I've lived in Abuja and Southy and you can't compare them. I'd pick Southy in a heartbeat.

But with your given options, I'd say go with Abuja. Southy will swallow your uber money in 6 months and you'll be left stranded with nothing.

Damn, I miss SA so much. embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 5:04pm On Jan 27, 2022
femiaction:
Guy dont encourage him to come SA, when you know that it is very difficult to get SA permit

Lol permit na story for another day..

OP in case u decide to come Southy, come with plenty money ooo ... bolt car will cost u around 3m/5m . R30k is 1million bythway..
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Godsgift7837: 5:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
LEGITCHUDDY:

boss what if am coming with my own money and willing to buy my own car then start taxi..uber...bolt or even an airport driver in that side

rather than waiting for white cola jobs or to be employed by any company

pls what do you think or what do you have say about it?
That depends on the type of visa you enter the country with. If you enter with a visit permit then you will spend that money you have to get a work permit and without proper documentation you can’t drive taxi. Bro honestly just look for a better country and move there I won’t advice anyone to come down to SA. But if you wan do yahoo like 90% of the guys here then you can.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by morpheus101: 5:10pm On Jan 27, 2022
Godsgift7837:
That depends on the type of visa you enter the country with. If you enter with a visit permit then you will spend that money you have to get a work permit and without proper documentation you can’t drive taxi. Bro honestly just look for a better country and move there I won’t advice anyone to come down to SA. But if you wan do yahoo like 90% of the guys here then you can.

GBAM.

It is left for him to pick his poison.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 5:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
Jesusdiedhaha:

This guy's grammar might be a little poor but he said the whole truth.

Those talking about crime and xenophobia don't know South Africa. If you make good money ($1k upwards per month) you won't experience any of that.

Do not go to South Africa if you do not have a guaranteed job or at least a fixed accommodation waiting for you.

If you were a G-boy with a steady paying work (at least $1k per month) I'll say you go to Southy. Life there is so so sweet with money.

I know because I've lived in Abuja and Southy and you can't compare them. I'd pick Southy in a heartbeat.

But with your given options, I'd say go with Abuja. Southy will swallow your uber money in 6 months and you'll be left stranded with nothing.

Damn, I miss SA so much. embarassed

Xenophobia na for ppl wey dey stay for location nd this happens once in 2yrs or less.

Southy sweet pass any African country.. beautiful big ass women everywhere, cheap alcohol too, nice clubs everywhere.
$1k is too much joor.. Atleast from $500 upwards .. $500 is R8k .. pay rent R4k/5k , manage the remaining R3k . U can't be spending too much when u no get anyone to give u dime when the bah finishes nah.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Godsgift7837: 5:16pm On Jan 27, 2022
morpheus101:

GBAM.

It is left for him to pick his poison.

I almost run go back 9ja when I enter SA na luck I get when I meet someone when help me and that luck no Dey happen everyday. Even my enemy I no go advice am to come here. I Dey pay 500k monthly on rent light and water never Dey and groceries for the month, internet and other things. No job and the country is fu*king expensive except you wan stay for villages.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 27, 2022
Ekeeyhandsome:

Xenophobia na for ppl wey dey stay for location nd this happens once in 2yrs or less.

Southy sweet pass any African country.. beautiful big ass women everywhere, cheap alcohol too, nice clubs everywhere.
$1k is too much joor.. Atleast from $500 upwards .. $500 is R8k .. pay rent R4k/5k , manage the remaining R3k . U can't be spending too much when u no get anyone to give u dime when the bah finishes nah.
I dey tell you.
If you want to live good and without stress then $1k usd is a good amount. At least you will have some savings for rainy days.
If you sabi online work $1k is not hard at all.
When I dey there naim I realize say Nigerians too like suffering. Southy like enjoyment pass everything.
Good roads, electricity, fresh food, highness, sex (big ass everywhere).
My years in Southy still remains the best years of my life. And I'll be back this year.

Not only Africa, no country in the world sweet pass Southy.
I miss Pretoria like mad.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by DSoj(m): 5:30pm On Jan 27, 2022
DO NOT GO TO SOUTH AFRICA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by tyup(m): 5:32pm On Jan 27, 2022
doctor306:
Why do I have a feeling your in dire need of education cus only an illiterate with a smart phone can make such stupid comment

Leave Coldie alone, you should be the one not making stupid comment out of sheer ignorance. have you even been to South Africa before to know he's talking out of subliteracy?? our last trip to Gauteng opened my eyes & understanding that the issue of kidnapping in Nigeria is minimal as compared to SA's and as worse as you think there's no employment in Nigeria, 9ja still get low employment rate as compared to South Africa

So Yes I support Coldie comment, if he goes to SA without a work permit or possess Working skills, he'd regret it
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2022
Jesusdiedhaha:

I dey tell you.
If you want to live good and without stress then $1k usd is a good amount. At least you will have some savings for rainy days.
If you sabi online work $1k is not hard at all.
When I dey there naim I realize say Nigerians too like suffering. Southy like enjoyment pass everything.
Good roads, electricity, fresh food, highness, sex (big ass everywhere).
My years in Southy still remains the best years of my life. And I'll be back this year.

Not only Africa, no country in the world sweet pass Southy.
I miss Pretoria like mad.

Lol I keep telling my nighas this.. Southy sweet die.. reason why our brothers no wan go bck even with their sufferings here.. Abeg this ur $1k monthly work easy, enter my eyes oo, u fit update me ni? Na only crypto spot trading fit give u such amount comfortably monthly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome / What Oil Companies Pay Their Workers In Port Hacourt / Why You Must Learn Digital Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.