Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja (18702 Views)

How Do I Move My Pension Funds From Leadway Assurance To Another PFA. / For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. / Nigerian Chief Turns Down Award In South Africa Because Of Xenophobia(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by ikllbrokehoes(m): 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2022
Have you heard about xenophobia? stay away from South Africa, being in Abuja is better for you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by KaluwisxPRO: 1:50pm On Jan 27, 2022
CSTRR:

The socio-economic conditions of that country is worsening.
Pro- Xenophobia politicians are taking advantage and gaining popularity.

It will collapse soon.

I pity foreigners caught in that hell hole when it does.

Before that will happen in SA, it has happened in all Asia countries, Middle East and Europe. Outside US and UK, South Africa holds the highest number of Nigerians outside the country, so what do you expect them to do

If Nigeria has %30 of the amount of hustling Nigerians in South Africa, there will be Xenophobia daily in Nigeria. First we’re the biggest promoters of tribalism, make we leave racism out of it first, because black man always thinks only whites are racist.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by doctor306(m): 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2022
Marcelnali:
Have you been to South Africa? If he goes to South Africa he is gonna regret it, no doubt about it.
That you failed doesn’t guarantee everybody will fail .

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by tshtsh: 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2022
EzegeNdiigbo:
ABJ

Do you have a work permit for south africa ? If you have a work permit and a desirable skill I can tell you for free that life in south africa as a middle income earner is more comforting than life in any part of nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Coldie(m): 1:55pm On Jan 27, 2022
doctor306:
Why do I have a feeling your in dire need of education cus only an illiterate with a smart phone can make such stupid comment
U will regret it at some point even if not in the short run but on the long run, going to South Africa these days is almost equal to taking a trip round a volcano.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by wink2015(m): 1:56pm On Jan 27, 2022
Gbagbuo247:
Please my brothers and I sisters, I will make this as simple as possible. I really need your advice urgently I just have one week to decide.
I have two options facing me:

1: Should I move to South Africa
2:Or Get a Corolla and move to Abuja and do Uber/Bolt.

I have accommodation offers in both South Africa and Abuja.

Note:
I have the money to get the car. And a friend gave me one bed room flat in Abuja with rent Free.

I don’t have any job offers in South Africa. Strictly hustle. Though I have close relations there. Who will still accommodate me.

Please moderator help me move this to the front page I really need all the advice I can get. I just have one week to make up my mind.

SOUTHY PEOPLE ARE XENOPHOBIC.

Avoid their country.

Their people hate black foreigners in their land.

Better remain in Nigeria and be doing your Taxi driver work.

SOUTH AFRICAN BLACK DO NOT WANT TO TAKE EYE SEE FOREIGNERS IN THE COUNTRY ESPECIALLY IF THAT FOREIGNERS HAPPENS TO BE A NIGERIANS AND HE IS PROSPERING.

BETTER FACE ABUJA QUIETLY !
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by des4ella(m): 1:57pm On Jan 27, 2022
JosephXavier:
To get an accommodation in Abuja is very difficult and you have one which is free of charge

You also have money to buy a far which you can use for uber

I think it more feasible option for you than to travel to South Africa where you don't even know you'd be doing there and I know you may not have any special skill that can land you a good job?

It's better for you to move to Abuja, then save up and acquire a skill that will make you employable if you really want to migrate from Nigeria

And perhaps look for a better country to migrate to than South Africa

These are my opinion though
I agree with you 1000%
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by faleyebee: 1:57pm On Jan 27, 2022
Oga, moving to SA is like moving into a trap. Pls try and move to abuja and start a better life. South Africa is dangerous and a lot of barriers.quote author=Gbagbuo247 post=109709745]Please my brothers and I sisters, I will make this as simple as possible. I really need your advice urgently I just have one week to decide.

Note:
I have the money to get the car. And a friend gave me one bed room flat in Abuja with rent Free.

I don’t have any job offers in South Africa. Strictly hustle. Though I have close relations there. Who will still accommodate me.

Please moderator help me move this to the front page I really need all the advice I can get. I just have one week to make up my mind.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by kenkszii(m): 1:58pm On Jan 27, 2022
Abeg i make i be your room mate I'm planning thesame thing na just accommodation they stop me
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2022
Gbagbuo247:
Please my brothers and I sisters, I will make this as simple as possible. I really need your advice urgently I just have one week to decide.

Note:

Except I am wealthy enough to be treated with regard in another man's land. I rather stay in my country and enjoy the full benefit of "The Son of the Soil".
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by CSTRR: 2:06pm On Jan 27, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:

Before that will happen in SA, it has happened in all Asia countries, Middle East and Europe. Outside US and UK, South Africa holds the highest number of Nigerians outside the country, so what do you expect them to do

If Nigeria has %30 of the amount of hustling Nigerians in South Africa, there will be Xenophobia daily in Nigeria. First we’re the biggest promoters of tribalism, make we leave racism out of it first, because black man always thinks only whites are racist.
Lol
You are deluded to stupor.

You are comparing your unstable, unequal, drug-ridden, violence prone, badly governed country with Europe and Asia?

You don't know the time of day yet.

Those Nigerians there don't know better or have nothing much going on in their life.

Because there is no way any sensible Nigeria with prospects will go to South Africa right now.

I would rather remain in Nigeria.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by TjoBATHONG(m): 2:07pm On Jan 27, 2022
Gbagbuo247:

Note:

Go to Abuja, my guy. SA is about to tighten laws around foreign workers. There are currently violent protests against the hiring of foreign truck truckers and e-hailing is also involved in a violent turf war with taxi drivers.

In general, SA is moving towards Critical Skills importation of foreigners and driving an Uber is not one of them - it's a job a South African can do.

So spare yourself the misery, things are about to get tough for migrants without critical skills and ordinary citizens are taking matters into their own hands.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by ojex004: 2:08pm On Jan 27, 2022
Please brother, I beg you in the name of whatever you believes in.
No try move to South Africa , do consider abuja straight
Am talking from experience

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
Southy sweet if u get money oo.. no office or company job here ,strictly business or street hustle..

Southy get both jobless nd employed women nd majority r single mothers.
Sex nd alcohol r the two easiest things here..

Meanwhile, ur relatives wey go accommodate u here ,go still push u out if u struggling, no love here at all...
bills are paid every month, so monthend is usually hectic if u don't have cash for ur bills for the coming month.

I don't know shit about Abuja shaa..

Choose ur fate wisely nd Goodluck with it.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by AgentGoat: 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2022
adecz:

⏩Take control of your destiny...

......move quietly to Abuja without
letting your village people know❗️❗️

From your post, Abuja is bird in hand
while SA is bird in the bush..

A single word is enough for the wise✌️✌️
grin grin
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by TjoBATHONG(m): 2:16pm On Jan 27, 2022
Segzy19:
Don't ever try SA if you don't have a formal job or except you are going for studies. Even at that, it's not easy.

You will suffer. I repeat you will suffer for it.

Language barrier
Xenophobia is everywhere there...
It's a very closed economy
To get a proper job requires you to have south African ID document. Very difficult to get
Crime rate is high.. Assurance of making it back home once you leave home isn't guaranteed.

Once they know you are a Nigerian or term you as one, then you are a target...

Stay in your Abuja o....

What do u mean by the bolded line?
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by TjoBATHONG(m): 2:18pm On Jan 27, 2022
Coldie:

U will regret it at some point even if not in the short run but on the long run, going to South Africa these days is almost equal to taking a trip round a volcano.

grin grin grin
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by humberjade: 2:18pm On Jan 27, 2022
The streets of SA are not for Nigerians without a solid plan on ground...just as people have mentioned, Abuja is more feasible than SA. I studied and lived in SA for a few years, so I must mention that it is all not bed of roses for Nigerians on the street...if you are not into medical line, or have a very special skill set, forget it...owning a successful business in the country makes you a target during Xenophobic attacks...on the streets, you either do powder, finger works or other crimes; exposing you to even more danger.

Even as a student who didn't dabble into illegality, thrice I escaped robberies and potential stabbings...one of them at the MTN taxi rank in Jo'burg; I and my friend were being robbed at gun abd knife point around noon, in the presence of a South African soldier, we beckoned on him, and the dude looked away. While still pleading that they don't take our wallet and phones, I saw the opportunity, and bailed, my friend wasn't so lucky, he was held back, robbed and injured.

I wish you the very best in whatever your final decision is.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by TjoBATHONG(m): 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2022
wink2015:

SOUTHY PEOPLE ARE XENOPHOBIC.

Avoid their country.

Their people hate black foreigners in their land.

Better remain in Nigeria and be doing your Taxi driver work.

SOUTH AFRICAN BLACK DO NOT WANT TO TAKE EYE SEE FOREIGNERS IN THE COUNTRY ESPECIALLY IF THAT FOREIGNERS HAPPENS TO BE A NIGERIANS AND HE IS PROSPERING.

BETTER FACE ABUJA QUIETLY !

I wonder why just Nigerians when SA is home to prosperous people from literally all over the world undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by lereinter(m): 2:30pm On Jan 27, 2022
tahir01:
Move to south Africa abeg. 9ja don cast.

So SA hasn't cast?

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by iTearHerToto: 2:33pm On Jan 27, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

To be sincere....abuja is not a place where uber/bolt pays
Nobody patronize it that much because there is nobody living life on the fast lane in abuja...

Pukes angry
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by DaddyFabooluz(m): 2:34pm On Jan 27, 2022
Anything to leave naija right now just try your best to leave. If you read many comments on this Nairaland sometimes you will know that naija situation has really affected many peoples brain and I believe by 2023 it will be worse.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by LeSudAfricaine: 2:37pm On Jan 27, 2022
Segzy19:
Don't ever try SA if you don't have a formal job or except you are going for studies. Even at that, it's not easy.

You will suffer. I repeat you will suffer for it.

Language barrier
Xenophobia is everywhere there...
It's a very closed economy
To get a proper job requires you to have south African ID document. Very difficult to get
Crime rate is high.. Assurance of making it back home once you leave home isn't guaranteed.

Once they know you are a Nigerian or term you as one, then you are a target...

Stay in your Abuja o....
Lol,what do you mean by language barrier?

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Maobichek: 2:38pm On Jan 27, 2022
doctor306:
There’s a higher chance of making it in SÁ than Abuja … the risk involved is the same , xenophobia or terrorism choose ur own devil . That Uber idea is a no no in Abuja thou

All through Lugbe, Jabi, Kubuwa, begger, Nyanya etc "taut" everywhere with their id card oh! There should be no room for miscreants in Abj but the reverse is the case.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by LeSudAfricaine: 2:39pm On Jan 27, 2022
Ekeeyhandsome:
Southy sweet if u get money oo.. no office or company job here ,strictly business or street hustle..

Southy get both jobless nd employed women nd majority r single mothers.
Sex nd alcohol r the two easiest things here..

Meanwhile, ur relatives wey go accommodate u here ,go still push u out if u struggling, no love here at all...
bills are paid every month, so monthend is usually hectic if u don't have cash for ur bills for the coming month.

I don't know shit about Abuja shaa..

Choose ur fate wisely nd Goodluck with it.
Isn't this the same in every country ?

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Marimart: 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2022
Gbagbuo247:

Note:

Forget SA for now bro,move to Abuja ,you are better off there , meanwhile you can alert me if you need a room mate over there.
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Segzy19: 3:02pm On Jan 27, 2022
They have about 11 different languages (English inclusive) in SA. All of them are official in their region i.e. if you are in Durban for example, Zulu and English will be the official language their. You will easily give yourself away as a foreigner if you can't speak Zulu... You speak to someone in English, the person hears and understands but will intentionally reply you in Zulu or any of the other languages. That should tell you to move on immediately. Yeah, you can learn the language with time but for most of the jobs they usually require one to be able to communicate in Zulu or their local language.

Bro, I see no reason why anyone will want to go hustle in SA except if one wants to go do runs, drugs and those illegal stuffs.

SA is a closed economy o. U can't just pick up any job on the street like in the UK or USA. The citizens ain't smiling o.

It's good for professionals like lecturers, doctors, nurses etc. or if your company transfers you there. Street hustle is to hard in SA o...

Again, stay in your Abuja and try that one first
LeSudAfricaine:
Lol,what do you mean by language barrier?
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Segzy19: 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2022
Jobs are not their except you already have one waiting for you or you are into lines like academics, health.

The requirements they put around their jobs make it difficult for foreigners to get their jobs easily.

Please seek more information about SA from other persons too... They will tell you.

TjoBATHONG:

What do u mean by the bolded line?
Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by kunkelhanspeter(m): 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2022
If you don’t have the mind to do drugs or yahoo better stay in Nigeria nothing to do in SA apart from does two job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2022
Your people staying in SA , why are they not telling u d truth because I'm a resident here and truth is bitter. The day u buy the car is the day it will be stolen. And the terrible aspect is that what's the name or the kind of permit u want to use here? Police n immigration are busy arresting people everyday here n they can't go to shop or open their flat then u wanna come. Oga, take Abuja n prosper because after 6 month wey dem don use gun collect your car in SA your own relatives go show u attitude to get your own space or go home

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by planetx: 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2022
Who in their right mind go to a country like South Africa in search of greener pastures. If it is not tourism and vacation you better leave that dysfunctional country alone, when are you Nigerians going to have sense that the average South African do not want more of you in their country

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja by Aidejay(m): 3:14pm On Jan 27, 2022
come to Abuja. that your plan is solid.
just yesterday a client wanted to book bolt to somewhere and the app gave him a price of 1500.

10 rides can get you 15k daily at least.

I've said it before the only thing that is hard in Abuja is transportation and housing.

figure those two out and you're set.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Much Does A Surveyor Earn Per Month In Naija / Rejoinder To When A University Degree No Longer Guarantees A Job / Tolulope Fayokun Wins Racial Profiling Case Against US Pharmaceutical Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.