Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise (33821 Views)

Help!!! My brother is down as his wife got back in contacts with her Ex / HELP! My Brother Is Too Dull / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Arrogantbro(m): 5:58am On Jan 28, 2022
Picktrust:

To refill full may cost 7-8k but even half will be ok. Thank you.
Send account details
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by rex21: 6:06am On Jan 28, 2022
Romanoff:

I'm not in conflict with my siblings.

I've just seen a lot of times that blood is not thicker than water.

I've seen siblings kill each other over inheritance.

I've seen a rich sibling abandon his family because the became rich.

I've seen a son and daughter call their mother a witch.

I've seen a mother and father hate thier children.

So is blood thicker than water in these instances?

This blood is thicker than water quote, u people use it upside down.
It actually means that one shares a stronger bond with friends than family
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Born2conquer: 6:14am On Jan 28, 2022
RSVP:

You see human being can be unpredictable sometimes. I've had a roommate whom will stack hundreds or thousands of naira on bet9ja sport ticket and come home saying he doesn't have money to buy little things like paper or fish to prepare food infact this guy has a childish habit of licking soup inside pot. Iiving with people like that would make one start acting funny though some people could be unnecessarily stingy to their siblings which is very bad oo. Let's just pray make God bless us all sha so we won't be at someone's mercy you know.

@Didi2d one really needs to be smart and loyal when living with someone as roommate especially when the person is financially buoyant than you do... You have to be loyal and transparent so you don't give bad impression and get blacklist real quick then you have to be really moderate in everything.
I have lived with silly people except for one bros like that. My last roommate once told me we aren't eating "enough". Say as guy man we must be using at least half paint of garri to make eba shocked shocked just 2 of us oo.. I shock bros!
Me weh be say Lagos don shrink my belle cheesy
2 wraps of restaurant eba don do me like dis but him no get money still want dey chop like glutton. cheesy nobi juju be dat.
It's hard to judge, the brother might have been handling 90% of the whole bills in the house, man suspected the OP is trynna dump the gas bill and the rest on him.

This is not poverty, this is irresponsibility! Someone is paying your house rent, foodstuffs and the rest and you can't make filling of gas a priority ?

And Op, don't let people feel you created the thread to generat money, let people know others already sent you money for the gas.. they can decide to send you money for something else
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 28, 2022
Kriss216:

I know.

That guy with female hmmmm

Anyways, everyone have his or her own experience

And we are right with the statement, you are right likewise him,shit happens and it gives us a sense of conclusion.... at d op, never depend on anyone, depend solely on God,don't try to live the house and squat with another cus definitely you will see worse,if u have money any amount, u can refill the gas,if e no dey ask ur boss for help, even though you are learning, ur boss might understand the situation, I won't say ur brother is wicked or good, he is human and we will behave like human...hence,if men were god, God no be man... just hustle up... he should be doing those things as ur elder brother, him trying to starve you shows no sense,it's something I will never do,but hold on,pray and talk to ur boss,ur boss might be of help...
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Romanoff(f): 6:34am On Jan 28, 2022
WHITELIGHTER:

Yes, blood is thicker than water...haven't u seen the opposite of all you listed above? Like he said, go reconcile with your siblings

And like I said, I am not in conflict with my siblings.

And since you agree that I've seen the opposite of what I put there, it means that blood isn't always thicker than water.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Classickj(m): 7:23am On Jan 28, 2022
Ahmed0336:

Double your hustle and keep to his terms of agreement.

Baba what part of English "" Since I cannot sew well yet, money does not flow my way "" don't you understand..
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Classickj(m): 7:27am On Jan 28, 2022
Mariangeles:
Your brother doesn't want to be overburdened and one can't blame him.
He's doing so much for you already as it is (by housing and feeding you), so don't be ungrateful with the sense of entitlement.
Remember, he's your brother and not your father.
So, you should be responsible for him as much as he is for you.

It's not even like he owns his own business yet, he's just an onye oso ahia, but he still does what he can to meet up.
You too you need to step up and support him. Borrow if you have to and fill the cylinder, even if it's half way. (You know you can if you want to)
Don't just relax and say "I don't have", find a way.
Elder brothers are humans and they need support too. We need to cut them some slack.

If you were squatting with someone that wasn't your brother, wouldn't you find a way to meet up with your own contributions?

You're the one that's not being fair with your brother to be sincere with you.
Meaning that you can't take care of your younger once
It a pity men
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by TheSameGuy(m): 7:40am On Jan 28, 2022
Ghetto politician, get yourself a beautiful Nigerian lady
Kriss216:

Exactly

I filled 3kg earlier this year. Was arranging one stubborn soup like that, gas finished midway and my favourite female neighbor travelled. Man was low on funds, had to call the gasman to help top 3kg.

Still on the 3kg now cheesy
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by TheMostComplex1: 7:52am On Jan 28, 2022
Hope he didn't see your bank account
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Kriss216: 7:53am On Jan 28, 2022
TheSameGuy:
Ghetto politician, get yourself a beautiful Nigerian lady
Okay chief... I'm working on that.
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Picktrust: 8:01am On Jan 28, 2022
elooma:
Hello,How can you be reached?Quite sorry you went hungry.Can I know how to get to you?
Thanks
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Picktrust: 8:10am On Jan 28, 2022
Arrogantbro:
Send account details
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Picktrust: 8:12am On Jan 28, 2022
Born2conquer:

It's hard to judge, the brother might have been handling 90% of the whole bills in the house, man suspected the OP is trynna dump the gas bill and the rest on him.

This is not poverty, this is irresponsibility! Someone is paying your house rent, foodstuffs and the rest and you can't make filling of gas a priority ?

Thanks. Any amount I get from here will be accounted for.

And Op, don't let people feel you created the thread to generat money, let people know others already sent you money for the gas.. they can decide to send you money for something else
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Didi2d(m): 8:28am On Jan 28, 2022
RSVP:

You see human being can be unpredictable sometimes. I've had a roommate whom will stack hundreds or thousands of naira on bet9ja sport ticket and come home saying he doesn't have money to buy little things like paper or fish to prepare food infact this guy has a childish habit of licking soup inside pot. Iiving with people like that would make one start acting funny though some people could be unnecessarily stingy to their siblings which is very bad oo. Let's just pray make God bless us all sha so we won't be at someone's mercy you know.

@Didi2d one really needs to be smart and loyal when living with someone as roommate especially when the person is financially buoyant than you do... You have to be loyal and transparent so you don't give bad impression and get blacklist real quick then you have to be really moderate in everything.
I have lived with silly people except for one bros like that. My last roommate once told me we aren't eating "enough". Say as guy man we must be using at least half paint of garri to make eba shocked shocked just 2 of us oo.. I shock bros!
Me weh be say Lagos don shrink my belle cheesy
2 wraps of restaurant eba don do me like dis but him no get money still want dey chop like glutton. cheesy nobi juju be dat.

You're correct, that's why even the guy I stayed with ask to collect anything I need from the landlady's shop, I still didn't do that
I always wait till he comes
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by 77up(m): 8:36am On Jan 28, 2022
Any kind of family issue dey break my heart ❤️
Please talk to your brother,no matter what, don't make him enemy. I'm sure things are not going well for him too hence.

E go better my brother.
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Johel(m): 8:39am On Jan 28, 2022
Picktrust:
Good day all, please judge this matter and see if what my brother is doing to me is fine or not. I also need your advice.

I live with my senior brother. We are all managing life because we are struggling. He sell for person in the market while I am an apprentice. Last year November, I started learning fashion design and I am barely 3 months. So we agreed I will be the one refilling cooking gas always and buy other little things like salt, pepper, soap and so on while he'll buy most of food items.

Since I cannot sew well yet, money does not flow my way so common but there is how my boss will send me to go deliver work to someone and the person will dash me N1000 or N2000 sometimes for my effort. Another way I make money is by amendment of clothes when i have. That is how I make little little money for survival. I have been refilling the gas as far as money is in my hand but this January, things are very tough that I hardly see N100 especially the last two weeks.

Because I don't have money to refill gas, my brother is now eating from outside or sometimes borrow a neighbour gas to cook noodles and he will eat alone without minding if I have eat or not like what happened yesterday which i was very hungry, saying when I have money to refill gas, we will start cooking in the house again and I will eat. I have try to tell him I don't have money these days but he is saying I'm hiding my money and be looking at his face. This is coming from a blood brother who is my senior.

Note: I am 23, SSCE holder. I decided to learn the trade after my attempts to go to university failed financially and otherwise.

Please is this alright because am beginning to keep malice with him.

U see family ehn...most are just enemies within.
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Psoul(m): 8:44am On Jan 28, 2022
Picktrust:
Good day all, please judge this matter and see if what my brother is doing to me is fine or not. I also need your advice.

I live with my senior brother. We are all managing life because we are struggling. He sell for person in the market while I am an apprentice. Last year November, I started learning fashion design and I am barely 3 months. So we agreed I will be the one refilling cooking gas always and buy other little things like salt, pepper, soap and so on while he'll buy most of food items.

Since I cannot sew well yet, money does not flow my way so common but there is how my boss will send me to go deliver work to someone and the person will dash me N1000 or N2000 sometimes for my effort. Another way I make money is by amendment of clothes when i have. That is how I make little little money for survival. I have been refilling the gas as far as money is in my hand but this January, things are very tough that I hardly see N100 especially the last two weeks.

Because I don't have money to refill gas, my brother is now eating from outside or sometimes borrow a neighbour gas to cook noodles and he will eat alone without minding if I have eat or not like what happened yesterday which i was very hungry, saying when I have money to refill gas, we will start cooking in the house again and I will eat. I have try to tell him I don't have money these days but he is saying I'm hiding my money and be looking at his face. This is coming from a blood brother who is my senior.

Note: I am 23, SSCE holder. I decided to learn the trade after my attempts to go to university failed financially and otherwise.

Let's see is this way too;
I don't know how much love and unity your parents instilled in you the children and how much you kids imbibed.
This would've made things easier for you guys.
Secondly, do you think you have done anything that will make your brother suspect you of eating alone?
Do you most time buy things like biscuit, groundnut or mineral and eat after eating meals?
Now, this side of it too,
Think about it. What if you don't have a brother or you are living on your own, paying all your bills by urslf and unfortunately, you don't have money for gas, you don't have food in the house and no money in the pocket. Who will u blame for not giving you food?
Guy, be a man. Men don't cry for food. Rather, the empty stomach wakes them up to hustle more.
You are trying, but don't always have this mentality that someone must help me.
Start helping urslf in all round and when u have extra help, you thank God. If it doesn't come, then you are already focused to make it all by urslf.
That is life. Wake up to it.
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by FaithBrain1994(m): 8:53am On Jan 28, 2022
Most times you do not need to preach long sermon to a hungry man. Op is broke and needs money to refill his gas. That is what his complaint is about. Gift him money if you can and save yourself these unnecessary sermons.

2 Likes

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by MOTOPARK: 9:04am On Jan 28, 2022
Picktrust:

please drop me your account details
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Obivestor: 9:06am On Jan 28, 2022
rex21:

This blood is thicker than water quote, u people use it upside down.
It actually means that one shares a stronger bond with friends than family
you are a fool
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by TripleAkutigi: 9:11am On Jan 28, 2022
Ahmed0336:
Few things may be the cause of his reaction.

1. You have a history of not saying the truth hence his mistrust to you.
2. He is just being an aszhole.

My take; sh*t happens, double your hustle and keep to his terms of agreement.
yes true, mynamesake.
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Mariangeles(f): 9:16am On Jan 28, 2022
Classickj:

Meaning that you can't take care of your younger once
It a pity men

When the older one is always expected to take care of the younger ones, who takes care of the older one?

You will be shocked by op's brother's side of the story.
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by TripleAkutigi: 9:19am On Jan 28, 2022
Picktrust:

you are from where? Follow me on facebook by dis username withno pic ondi profile., let chat and direct each other.
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Sterope(f): 9:37am On Jan 28, 2022
We have normalised older ones taking up responsibilities that should never have been theirs in the first place.
Mariangeles:

When the older one is always expected to take care of the younger ones, who takes care of the older one?

You will be shocked by op's brother's side of the story.
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Fame1309(f): 10:04am On Jan 28, 2022
chii8:
Someone should just dash him 3k to refill the gas nah undecided undecided undecided
Fund raising.how do we start?
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Fame1309(f): 10:10am On Jan 28, 2022
Fame1309:

The last time I checked we have over 2million members on this forum,if each donate hundred naira to her, think it will go a long way to putting smile on her face.
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by chii8(f): 10:19am On Jan 28, 2022
Fame1309:

grin grin grin
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by ahmEenu(m): 10:27am On Jan 28, 2022
Take this story to twitter . People might help u with money
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Justkatty(f): 10:44am On Jan 28, 2022
Picktrust:
@Justkatty, please check above. Thanks.
Still not seeing it
Please mention me together with it.
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Adamson55: 10:59am On Jan 28, 2022
U sure Say Na Ur Brother Call Ur Mama ask again
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Mariangeles(f): 11:13am On Jan 28, 2022
Sterope:
We have normalised older ones taking up responsibilities that should never have been theirs in the first place.

My dear, going through the comments on this thread, you'd be shocked.
Now, op thinks he was right for being mad at his brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? / Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms / Mr Hope Ejerovbo Is Missing In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.