Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise (33768 Views)

Help!!! My brother is down as his wife got back in contacts with her Ex / HELP! My Brother Is Too Dull / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Victerica(m): 10:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Asinn. I gree. The life of a man is as hard as a frozen Eba. cry I really piry y'all.

Please, the life of a man is not hard.... Stop, making men to be scared.

Life is easy...
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by nnenwa5: 10:12pm On Jan 27, 2022
Kriss216:

Exactly

I filled 3kg earlier this year. Was arranging one stubborn soup like that, gas finished midway and my favourite female neighbor travelled. Man was low on funds, had to call the gasman to help top 3kg.

Still on the 3kg now cheesy

Wonders shall never end shocked sad shocked so your favorite female neighbor is not a Nigerian girl?

3 Likes

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Didi2d(m): 10:16pm On Jan 27, 2022
OP drop your account make I dash you 1k.

But no be today o, e fit reach next week o and e can still be tomorrow or next cos I no no wetin I wan talk for this matter

Anyway, squatting with friend or family member is not always easy, depending on their character.

The first person I stay with made sure I am comfortable, whenever he returns from work the first thing he will ask me is if I have eaten.
This guy gave an order that I should collect food stuff from the landlady's shop whenever am hungry. But I never attempted to collect anything, I always make sure he returns first.
God bless you Steve, I pray God bless's me so I can reciprocate

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Bezo247(m): 10:18pm On Jan 27, 2022
Send your account, nothing is too small

2 Likes

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Bezo247(m): 10:22pm On Jan 27, 2022
[quote author=Ahmed0336 send your account to this WhatsApp number ‪+234 905 568 9467‬
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by wiseoneking: 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2022
Picktrust:
Good day all, please judge this matter and see if what my brother is doing to me is fine or not. I also need your advice.

I live with my senior brother. We are all managing life because we are struggling. He sell for person in the market while I am an apprentice. Last year November, I started learning fashion design and I am barely 3 months. So we agreed I will be the one refilling cooking gas always and buy other little things like salt, pepper, soap and so on while he'll buy most of food items.

Since I cannot sew well yet, money does not flow my way so common but there is how my boss will send me to go deliver work to someone and the person will dash me N1000 or N2000 sometimes for my effort. Another way I make money is by amendment of clothes when i have. That is how I make little little money for survival. I have been refilling the gas as far as money is in my hand but this January, things are very tough that I hardly see N100 especially the last two weeks.

Because I don't have money to refill gas, my brother is now eating from outside or sometimes borrow a neighbour gas to cook noodles and he will eat alone without minding if I have eat or not like what happened yesterday which i was very hungry, saying when I have money to refill gas, we will start cooking in the house again and I will eat. I have try to tell him I don't have money these days but he is saying I'm hiding my money and be looking at his face. This is coming from a blood brother who is my senior.

Note: I am 23, SSCE holder. I decided to learn the trade after my attempts to go to university failed financially and otherwise.

Please is this alright because am beginning to keep malice with him.
Don't ever keep malice with your brother or think evil about him. It may be too hard but learn to forgive him or whosoever it may be. Your humble beginning could be a preparation ground to your future glory. If you are a Christian, make up your mind to love, trust, fear and walk with Jesus. I have a widows mite to give you if you are able to get intouch. It shall be well.
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Arrogantbro(m): 10:35pm On Jan 27, 2022
Picktrust:
Good day all, please judge this matter and see if what my brother is doing to me is fine or not. I also need your advice.

I live with my senior brother. We are all managing life because we are struggling. He sell for person in the market while I am an apprentice. Last year November, I started learning fashion design and I am barely 3 months. So we agreed I will be the one refilling cooking gas always and buy other little things like salt, pepper, soap and so on while he'll buy most of food items.

Since I cannot sew well yet, money does not flow my way so common but there is how my boss will send me to go deliver work to someone and the person will dash me N1000 or N2000 sometimes for my effort. Another way I make money is by amendment of clothes when i have. That is how I make little little money for survival. I have been refilling the gas as far as money is in my hand but this January, things are very tough that I hardly see N100 especially the last two weeks.

Because I don't have money to refill gas, my brother is now eating from outside or sometimes borrow a neighbour gas to cook noodles and he will eat alone without minding if I have eat or not like what happened yesterday which i was very hungry, saying when I have money to refill gas, we will start cooking in the house again and I will eat. I have try to tell him I don't have money these days but he is saying I'm hiding my money and be looking at his face. This is coming from a blood brother who is my senior.

Note: I am 23, SSCE holder. I decided to learn the trade after my attempts to go to university failed financially and otherwise.

Whats the cost to fill the gas cylinder ?

2 Likes

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by wilsonchilboy(m): 10:45pm On Jan 27, 2022
U nd ur brother dey mad
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:45pm On Jan 27, 2022
This life ...those who think are your blood turn out to be your worst enemy angry
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Theevilone(m): 10:52pm On Jan 27, 2022
ViperAda:
You see these apprentices dem never chop belleful but go dey carry money dash girls, enter hotel go smash ashewo with small change dey suppose take chop. Your brother is doing well until you get sense.

-Viper

Na laugh I just dey laugh here since , see you convict him just like that ��
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by michael1508: 10:55pm On Jan 27, 2022
pansophist:
Your brother is a shitty person. I can be greedy to every damn person outside, but my family I don't joke with. You're hustling, younger, have been refilling the gas before, but just two weeks, not even two years, and he is eating in your presence while you're hungry. Blood may be thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood. He got no love for you.

It's sad it took something as small as food for him to show himself, now imagine if your life have to depend on him, maybe due to sickness, it can be catastrophic. Situations like this teaches you something, and it is that you're alone in this world. So double your hustle, and just get something to survive on for a start. This too shall pass, but you'll emerge stronger and see the world for what it is.

Please,we shouldn't be emotional about this,it's easy for the op to go astray in situations like this where he starts seeing his brother as an enemy with such advise from different individuals.
For crying out loud,the senior brother has been catering for majority of the things needed before now,things are not easy for anyone at the moment,no matter how rich you are presently, everyone is spending prudently.
Not supporting the brother full time on this as I
myself will never see my sibling suffer for anything,but maybe the op's brother is just trying to make sure the op is responsible for something,no matter how little it is,our parents do this every now and then where they give us just little amount to carter for only out basic needs despite being able to afford frivolities, they call it discipline,the emotional children will tag it wicked parents.
My suggestion will be that the op should talk to his brother, heart to heart, reasons why he is having shortcomings in recent times and like someone said,maybe the op has given a reason to doubt him before now when it comes to finances.
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by GeneralB: 10:55pm On Jan 27, 2022
TF is this doing on fp undecided
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by chatinent: 10:58pm On Jan 27, 2022
23 years of age is enough age to stop depending on anyone.
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 27, 2022
Picktrust:

Bro, Your Bro na Your Bro.
Make food no make you disbro your bro.
If you get money still fill the gas show am love,
Na you go become the Big Bro
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by pansophist(m): 11:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
michael1508:

Please,we shouldn't be emotional about this,it's easy for the op to go astray in situations like this where he starts seeing his brother as an enemy with such advise from different individuals.
For crying out loud,the senior brother has been catering for majority of the things needed before now,things are not easy for anyone at the moment,no matter how rich you are presently, everyone is spending prudently.
Not supporting the brother full time on this as I
myself will never see my sibling suffer for anything,but maybe the op's brother is just trying to make sure the op is responsible for something,no matter how little it is,our parents do this every now and then where they give us just little amount to carter for only out basic needs despite being able to afford frivolities, they call it discipline,the emotional children will tag it wicked parents.
My suggestion will be that the op should talk to his brother, heart to heart, reasons why he is having shortcomings in recent times and like someone said,maybe the op has given a reason to doubt him before now when it comes to finances.

I can understand different families have different bonds within themselves, but I'll never be eating and my younger brother be hungry right there in my present, even a good friend even, we will share it. Even if it's one noodle pack, we will share it. Elder brother is not just a symbolic name, it necessitate actions, and sacrificial to some extent.

So you can actually be eating and your younger brother will be hungry. You get mind. I don't agree with you, and I'm no, I'm not being emotional here. Unless the op lied, but if everything he says there is true, then his older brother did not act right. If my older brother does that to me, I'll lost my respect for him. Permanently.

3 Likes

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by crown08(m): 11:14pm On Jan 27, 2022
Picktrust:

send acct. Manage 2k from me pls

2 Likes

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Nexttpage(m): 11:14pm On Jan 27, 2022
Kindly quote me with your account details for a token.

2 Likes

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Pharaohny: 11:18pm On Jan 27, 2022
That brother of yours is an isolated idiot not sorry to say , is he the first person to render help, you being an Apprentice to should demand help from him in the first instance Shai people can be wicked ooo
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Pharaohny: 11:20pm On Jan 27, 2022
Picktrust:

Not everybody do the same thing.

His sense of generalization is shitty
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Picktrust: 11:20pm On Jan 27, 2022
Nexttpage:
Kindly quote me with your account details for a token.

K

4 Likes

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by nams77: 11:35pm On Jan 27, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Done
Nwanna. Thank you for helping out.

2 Likes

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Picktrust: 11:35pm On Jan 27, 2022
MrMcJay:

You need food not advice. Practical over theory.
Drop your account details let me send you a token.

Cheers.

Account details posted above. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by michael1508: 11:37pm On Jan 27, 2022
pansophist:

I can understand different families have different bonds within themselves, but I'll never be eating and my younger brother be hungry right there in my present, even a good friend even, we will share it. Even if it's one noodle pack, we will share it. Elder brother is not just a symbolic name, it necessitate actions, and sacrificial to some extent.

So you can actually be eating and your younger brother will be hungry. You get mind. I don't agree with you, and I'm no, I'm not being emotional here. Unless the op lied, but if everything he says there is true, then his older brother did not act right. If my older brother does that to me, I'll lost my respect for him. Permanently.
To be honest with you,it's really a dicy one to pick a side on this,like I said "I ll go extra miles for my own siblings" as long as they are genuine with their thoughts and actions.
I like the fact you said "if the op is not lying"how about if the op has not explained things to him in a clearer manner,the brother might have given a little share of the responsibilities to the op cause he believes he earns which the op agreed to.
Ok,what will you say to this,let's assume they are both playing victims here where the brother feels he is been used by his younger sibling whereby the younger one is hiding his own earnings for personal use?
So,my take is that, I ll still try to be neutral on this instead of advising him to start seeing his brother like an enemy

From what the op said, psychologically,I feel the brother still doesn't trust the op's words enough to be the truth,maybe due to past incidents or something else beyond my thoughts.
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by nedekid: 11:51pm On Jan 27, 2022
Justkatty:
Drop your details I'll send 1k just manage
Sorry about that...we keep hoping for better days.
Nice one

1 Like

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by nedekid: 11:52pm On Jan 27, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Send me your account number, let me transfer 3k to you.
I do not see any sign of laziness here on your part.
All i see is an elder brother whose sense of love and responsibility has been blunted by poverty.
May God have mercy on him.
Bravo

1 Like

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by nedekid: 11:55pm On Jan 27, 2022
Xerum:
@Picktrust,

I have asked someone to send you 5k. Pls buy gas with it and manage it. I HATE to hear people suffer issues with feeding. It should be something basic. And avoid grudging your brother o. People have their reasons for doing whatever it is they do. We do not have to agree with their reasons. Focus on your hustle, work hard. Your time will come.
Bravo
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Picktrust: 11:57pm On Jan 27, 2022
Arrogantbro:
Whats the cost to fill the gas cylinder ?

To refill full may cost 7-8k but even half will be ok. Thank you.
Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Picktrust: 12:01am On Jan 28, 2022
wiseoneking:
Don't ever keep malice with your brother or think evil about him. It may be too hard but learn to forgive him or whosoever it may be. Your humble beginning could be a preparation ground to your future glory. If you are a Christian, make up your mind to love, trust, fear and walk with Jesus. I have a widows mite to give you if you are able to get intouch. It shall be well.

Please my account details is posted just above. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Nexttpage(m): 12:02am On Jan 28, 2022
sent.
Picktrust:

05800 41007, GTBank

1 Like

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by Picktrust: 12:15am On Jan 28, 2022
crown08:
send acct. Manage 2k from me pls

Account posted

1 Like

Re: What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 12:17am On Jan 28, 2022
I hope he's not seeing you with a Girlfriend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage / I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad / I Caught My Husband Cheating On Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.