Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime (10219 Views)

Transparency Int’l Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Buhari Regime / Transparency International: Nigeria's Corruption Rating Gets Worse / Not Just Buhari — Even Trump ‘doesn’t Know What’s Happening In His White House’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by Abagworo(m): 9:34am On Jan 27, 2022
No be lie. Almost everything from private to public sector is riddled with corruption. The change begins with you and I
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by Buckeyemedia1: 9:38am On Jan 27, 2022
VaselineCrew:

Wasn’t it a police officer under this government that aided him?

Who controls the police?

If we ran a transparent democracy, a president would even make statements, publicly decrying the said police officer.

Also reforms would be put in place to checkmate corruption within the police force.

I believe a president really serious about ending corruption in Nigeria can get a lot done despite the difficulty, because most of the society is already corrupt, so one could do a random check here and there and correct a lot of wrongs.

So besides having the right subordinates in place who should honestly report back the dealings of a ministry or sector or whatever, a president can do checks him/herself.

Take the passport office for instance, imagine a president making an impromptu visit to an office to see the corruption taking place, or, or, remotely checking in via cctv with audio. At a glance, you already see the massive corruption taking place in broad daylight and subordinates can be immediately reprimanded.

Remember when Osinbajo visited the airport public bathrooms as acting president? That was epic, even though it was a one time gesture.

When you know that a president is acting daily to catch corrupt individuals, I’m telling you, even airport immigration officer will be scared to ask you for bribe.

A president can also react once in a while to viral corruption videos, be it involving administrators or law enforcement. That will go a long way to curb corruption as well, when others note that a president is directly interested in a case involving corruption.

For instance, imagine a president reacting to a single case of police corruption or brutality caught on tape.

Nigeria so needs an active president with the fear of God and I’m telling you, a lot of things can get done on a macro scale. Of course we can’t forget about governors and legislators.

Mr Man you are a child, even Yankee is as corrupt as the Nigeria. Nonsense.

Since you were born into corruption, what has changed in Nigeria?
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by Masterclass32: 9:40am On Jan 27, 2022
You promised to end corruption. 7yrs down the line and corruption is thriving like never before, completely in good health. Instead of accepting your failure, you blame Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by michoim(m): 9:40am On Jan 27, 2022
Since they succeeded in removing Ibrahim Magu, corruption has dropped to the level it was during PDP era. So bad....
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by namo77: 9:40am On Jan 27, 2022
When the head is corrupt, the body will be corrupt... Simple
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by VaselineCrew: 10:00am On Jan 27, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Mr Man you are a child, even Yankee is as corrupt as the Nigeria. Nonsense.

Since you were born into corruption, what has changed in Nigeria?

How is yankee as corrupt as Nigeria?

Do immigration officers ask for bribe in yankee? When you travel, and they tell you that the chips you brought are not allowed, take N10,000 and try to bribe the officer and see where that lands you.

Do police officers take bribe en mass in yankee? When you get pulled over and given a ticket, fold up 50 dollars and give to the officer, let’s see how that goes for you.

When they go get American passport, don’t they all have to line up? Since you are a Nigerian, when you go, bypass the line and go to the next window and give them 100 dollars, because you don’t want to line up, then report back what happened here.

I can go on and on and on...

But something tells me you already knew these things and are just being the typical hypocritical Nigerian.

Do you even have water or did you have to buy water in tanker this morning to “baff”, chai!
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by luizpippo(m): 10:06am On Jan 27, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Can you people ever change, are you not a yahoo boy or don’t you have friends that do 419 for a living? So I should blame President Buhari for Huspuppi’s atrocities?

Nonsense Hypocrites, the corruption index got worse, because people like you intensified your criminal capabilities.

Who is the blindeyedmedia fellow.

1. I am not a yahoo boy and i have deliberately give a long leash to those i was once close to who were since my spirit doesn't fancy that.

2. I have never been a politician like Buhari the mamon you worship nor been associated with one so tagging me a criminal is a very bad slander taken too far.

Your foolishness is highlights by the fact that the hushpuppy you referenced is having his partner in crime ( world best Tailor) Kyari being protected by your Buhari's govt.
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by Ferdinandu(m): 10:12am On Jan 27, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Ignorance na bad thing, Oyibo man call you Criminal, you say na the Government.

Maybe Huspuppi & Investo Obi dey work for Federal Government?
You are the ignorant one my friend. Transparency International corruption perception index rating is based solely on public sector in each country, get informed and be educated . Now you have been brainwashed by the idiot to start mentioning Hushpuppi and co. Can't you see that you are the ignorant, dumb and gullible one here. Every country has their own share of Criminals but we are talking of public sector today, but it was safe for him to bring other sectors to divert attention from their disastrous failure
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by babadee1(m): 10:17am On Jan 27, 2022
Azeemokoya:

https://newsroundtheclock.com/transparency-international-rating-indicts-all-nigerians/

But they said Buhari's body language would put an end to corruption though.
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by Uchek(m): 10:24am On Jan 27, 2022
Thank you my brother!

olabrad:

Then corruption during Jonathan days wasn't the fault of Jonathan, but that of every Nigerian, including Buhari, el Rufai, Femi Adesina, you, etc.
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by Sambadalo(m): 10:31am On Jan 27, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
I concur....
The corruption and criminality in every Nigerian can not be over emphasized

Come to the streets, visit government parastatal....go round public sectors and check civil abi na public servant and see the huge corruption

One thing about Nigerians is that we really don't hate corruption the way we pretend to..we are just angry because we are not the one in office carrying out the corruption

Well I can tell you Nigeria is not the only corrupt country but our system is very poor and nobody is held accountable for corruption.
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by tesppidd: 10:32am On Jan 27, 2022
Racoon:
[s]Guess you think you are smart by this silly statement? Why not blame the past government as usual? Thought even your sanctimonious boss body odour fights corruption?

Perhaps your reasoning was still warped when all you lots do is to accused others of same corruption when you fully know it is innate in an average Nigerian.Femi Adeshina will forever remains an asshole.
[s][/s] You think you are smart but you are not. Guess it's after seeing that Buhari govt is corruption personified abi? Yet the sanctimonious Mr.Integrity and zombies alike overhyped corruption of former governments as if all of them dropped from heaven?

The truth remains that "We can see, therefore, that President Buhari’s anti-corruption fervour is merely self-serving. He regards only his political opponents as having the copyright on corruption. By this token, every allegation of corruption leveled against his friends and financiers must be “baseless.” https://opinion.premiumtimesng.com/2018/10/23/president-buhari-is-not-against-corruption-by-femi-aribisala[/s]/
Stop "talking" nonsense.

And stop generalizing. You would have to point out anywhere I ever commented that there is no corruption in this government.

If you want to find a system devoid of corruption them you better go to the heavens.

I.have always maintained that even the angels in heaven cannot fight corruption in Nigeria.

There is corruption at even the smallest units which is the family..

You are obviously one of the people I spoke about; who love to read negative reports from TI about corruption in Nigeria so you can point you fucccking finger at Buhari and say
"Look, there's the bad guy"

People like you love to push the narrative; "APC is more corrupt than PDP" and hence you jerk off on whatever negative report TI reels out.

But my point is; Nigga, you, me and Buhari all formed the sample space upon which TI came about their conclusions.

Whatever corruption happens at the Federal level n any administration is only a minute fraction of the level of corruption in the populace.

In terms of corruption, you stink just as much as the Buhari you love to blame..

If you cannot point out to any place during Jonathan where I exonerated the citizens and heaped all of the blame on Jonathan then you better keep your trap sealed.
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by Masterkernel1: 10:34am On Jan 27, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
I concur....

Come to the streets, visit government parastatal....go round public sectors and check civil abi na public servant and see the huge corruption

One thing about Nigerians is that we really don't hate corruption the way we pretend to..we are just angry because we are not the one in office carrying out the corruption

It's governments that set up standard and rules, not individuals. If the state prosecute Police, Politicians and individuals for crime speedily... Thinks will change.
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by mediainc: 10:40am On Jan 27, 2022
In other words you agree with what was said, especially you Femi you are corrupt inside out.
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by peterdrock001(m): 10:51am On Jan 27, 2022
I don't agree with you sir.
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by Deepthoughts: 11:21am On Jan 27, 2022
Azeemokoya:

https://newsroundtheclock.com/transparency-international-rating-indicts-all-nigerians/
There's a Chinese proverb that "don't be so much concern about a position but be concern about your capacity to perform in that position"buhari is just useless.
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by Medley02(m): 11:25am On Jan 27, 2022
Confused elements grin
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by Mrpojj(m): 11:27am On Jan 27, 2022
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 27, 2022
When I wasn’t looking out for myself everyone was nice to me but the second you realize your worth and how most of the free things you do for people others earn a wage by I got more enemies.

I won’t deny this presidency has preempted everyone to find conniving ways to make money even by sabotage

It’s sad but poverty is real end poverty end criminality
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by Sammerboi: 11:51am On Jan 27, 2022
Femi Odeshina waffling again as usual lol. No be una president talk say he go end kwaroption before 100 days in office. He’s in his 7th year now and he’s lost the plot. So u wanna blame it on all Nigerians for the increase rate of corruption in the country among government officials lol.
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by Tikobanidi: 12:21pm On Jan 27, 2022
[quote author=slawormiir post=109725730]Damnnn niggarrrr
I concur....

I agree with you 100%.

You can't imagine, weeks ago some people came to our street in the mid-night and removed the whole heavy duty generator that powers about five streets in our locality, the entire area has been battling with darkness since then. This equally gives the bad boys save haven to operate.

Do we still blame this on Government?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by eguarojeona: 1:21pm On Jan 27, 2022
Azeemokoya:

Principal of a school which failed waec woefully is saying the students are to blame.
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by globalgistng: 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2022
I believe will should ask ourselves, What makes Nigerians think the way they think, what make them behave the way they behave.

Corruption does not start in a day, What brings it.
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by Cousin9999: 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2022
Corruption is in every nation. The difference is Nigeria and other black nations have to deal with multiple oyinbo governments sabotaging progress by funding and organizing more corruption.

"Corruption" (like ethnic conflict, terrorism and rebels) is a smoke screen for chaos orchestrated by foreigners who want to exploit Nigeria in every way possible.
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by goldmatrix(m): 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
Unrepentant and ass hole criminal this man is..
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:51pm On Jan 27, 2022
I like Femi Adesina remarks for one bitter truth,

He is a Nigerian, the so called FG are Nigerians too so technically he's referring to all and sundry. No distinction whatsoever.
Re: Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime by Abdogood(m): 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
They should stop granting this man attention. Bikonu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Money Spent On Politics Can Meet Lecturers’ Demands – Shehu Sani / Okowa: My Administration Created 223,000 Direct Jobs / Peter Obi: I Welcome Constructive Criticisms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.