Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,300 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? (29591 Views)

Should I Confess That I Poured Hot Water On My Neighbor's Goat? / Bishop Emma Isong To Buhari: "Confess Your Sins To Nigerians To Win Second Term" / Reincarnation Proof: How To Remember Your Past Life The Easiest Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by wirinet(m): 10:23am On Jan 30, 2022
EMIOMOADEOYE:
Even though it's not required for all sins, fornication ranks among the top sins that require a confession.

And even when making the confession it is not required to go public public.

There are leaders in the Church or congregation.

Those are the ones you are to meet.

Sammy Okposu here is just trying to pull a PR stunt

Imagine fornication ranks among the top sins according to you where rape, murder, stealing, etc dey?
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by Awoleesu(m): 10:25am On Jan 30, 2022
wirinet:

Atheist have reasons to steal, but atheists don't have reasons to rationalize or justify their stealing. Atheists are aware they will face the consequences of their stealing especially if caught.

Can you please recoin the boldened?

How do you interpret the use of synonymous words repeatedly in the same sentence without intending an oxymoron?

*reason
*rational(size)
*justify
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by ensamy(m): 10:28am On Jan 30, 2022
Some sins will never be confessed, for instance when I was managing a bank branch in Jos I impregnated a married female colleague twice and she gave birth to those kids in a relationship that lasted 4 years before I left the bank branch. How do I confess such a sin and the husband is a senior officer with the Nigerian Army. How do I confess such a sin. Difficult to mehnnn, I just decided to seek for transfer to Abuja to avoid seeing her with my kids and the husband. shocked shocked
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by advanceDNA: 10:29am On Jan 30, 2022
ikorodureporta:
I'm a catholic, & I still don't agree with going to priest for confession on "every" sin commited...

The type of matter that I will go & confess for & seek for a peace of mind is something like accidentally hitting someone with my vehicle at night, & never waiting to see the victim

What don’t you agree...The doctrine of confessing one’s sin to another person comes James 5v16...the author James said it for encouragement so that we can assist and pray for one another when struggling with sin...though you don’t have to confess to you priest... it can be another person that helps you in your christain journey

The principle is also used in the circular world among drug addicts, alcoholics, or other forms of addicts where they join supports groups that help them in periods of falling back in the habit....they confess whenever they drink or use drug receive encouragement or help...

Pastors feel they are answerable to their congregation or the public that trust in them and listen to their preaching..so they feel they should confess and not be a hypocrite..
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by Kinzo0917(m): 10:31am On Jan 30, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

Your God is a useless hopeless worthless pieces of shit.i doesn't give a Bleep about him.
. Your words can't make me angry. The battle is not mine but God. You are not insulting me but God. If in the next 5 years you are not plagued with incurable sickness that you will never recover from, let what you said about God be positively .God I am challenging you with what your son you created in your sanctuary .God proof yourself. AMEN
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by legba1(m): 10:38am On Jan 30, 2022
Whatever makes them sleep well at night...it's a no no for me. If at all I need to remosrate,then that should be personal....
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by wirinet(m): 10:46am On Jan 30, 2022
Awoleesu:

Can you please recoin the boldened?

How do you interpret the use of synonymous words repeatedly in the same sentence without intending an oxymoron?

*reason
*rational(size)
*justify

This is not an English class, and I wanted the convey a specific message the best way I could.

What I meant was that some religions have specific reasons to justify their crimes. Like - Muslims can kill non believers (infidels) and obtain reward in heaven.

Christians can give their life to Christ and all previous sins like murder, rape, etc are wiped clean.
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by Kakamorufu(m): 10:47am On Jan 30, 2022
Wetin banky do wey make am confess o undecided
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by EnemyofGod22(m): 10:48am On Jan 30, 2022
McLizbae:
Religion and beliefs aside. So Supreme God that we can misteriously see His writing on everything making up the universe, you say He doesn't exist, and you want everyone to believe that you @EnemyofGod22 do exist just because this was posted through an irrelevant Monika on Nairaland!?

How does a damn creation even believe there is no creator!?

Big shame on you the poster!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You are a joker,i just the laugh you here,you said supreme God we can misteriously see his writing on everything making up the universe.who are the we ? Apart from the Brainwashed gullible religious faithfools,who are the we ?

Can you prove to me that your God or Satan truly existed ? I don't believe in mistesism,mistesism is not real.

You have not seen me before but I EnemyofGod2 can prove to you that I truly exist by given you my phone number and we can see each other true communication.so can that also apply to your God ?
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by Awoleesu(m): 10:51am On Jan 30, 2022
wirinet:

This is not an English class, and I wanted the convey a specific message the best way I could.

What I meant was that some religions have specific reasons to justify their crimes. Like - Muslims can kill non believers (infidels) and obtain reward in heaven.

Christians can give their life to Christ and all previous sins like murder, rape, etc are wiped clean.

Now I understand you.
Sorry, I do not intend to drag you into an English grammar class... grin

So, if I understand you clearly, people should face the repercussions (punishment) of their actions (crime, sin ...) strictly under the law right? No cover-ups under any religious umbrella! Abi?
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by wirinet(m): 11:08am On Jan 30, 2022
Awoleesu:

Now I understand you.
Sorry, I do not intend to drag you into an English grammar class... grin

So, if I understand you clearly, people should face the repercussions (punishment) of their actions (crime, sin ...) strictly under the law right? No cover-ups under any religious umbrella! Abi?

Gbam! That's the way the universe works - action and reaction are always equal and opposite. We should all learn to face the consequences of our actions.
If Sammy Okposu had that mind set, he would not have commited adultery or gone in raw without protection.

Our conscience should be a valve that helps us filter good from evil. Certain religions destroys that filter and we unable to differentiate good from evil. That's why yahoo boys and ritualists go to do Thanksgiving for wealth acquired through causing others pains. Their conscience has been deadened.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by DeepSight(m): 11:26am On Jan 30, 2022
wirinet:

That's against the universal spiritual law of Karma, that prescribes actual consequences for our actions.

So even as an atheist, you believe in this?
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by Goodnigga: 11:28am On Jan 30, 2022
Oluwapresley:
I think Sammie realized he made a mistake by taking down the post. You apologize to the whole world when it was your wife you offended. Tsew. Abeg abeg abeg.
No, he can't apologize to his wife alone, when the other lady already accused him. It is either she denies it which will further aggravate it or he publicly apologizes
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by wirinet(m): 11:30am On Jan 30, 2022
DeepSight:

So even as an atheist, you believe in this?
There are several shades of atheists as there are theists. The one thing binding atheists is a lack of a personal God or Gods in human form, or any other form directing our affairs and that of the universe.
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by vettius(m): 11:35am On Jan 30, 2022
if only the priest will confess his own sin first,
meanwhile, those celebrities did damage control not real confession
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by DeepSight(m): 11:51am On Jan 30, 2022
wirinet:

There are several shades of atheists as there are theists. The one thing binding atheists is a lack of a personal God or Gods in human form, or any other form directing our affairs and that of the universe.

I know that, I just found it interesting.
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by Maafiaalady: 12:10pm On Jan 30, 2022
ikorodureporta:
I'm a catholic, & I still don't agree with going to priest for confession on "every" sin commited...

The type of matter that I will go & confess for & seek for a peace of mind is something like accidentally hitting someone with my vehicle at night, & never waiting to see the victim

Same here, I am a catholic and I don't subscribe to confessions to a priest. I believe in seeking for forgiveness directly from God and getting direct penance for my sins. IMO
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 30, 2022
Past evil deeds are different from recent Pastor evil deeds.
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by ITbomb(m): 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2022
No,
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by Truvelisback(m): 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2022
"I holier than thou" Nigerians no go let us hear word. In Nigeria, if u confess ur sins, u are a sinner but if u do not confess ur sins, u are a Saint.
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by VULCAN(m): 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2022
Even you do not exist!

You are the figment of someone's imagination.
EnemyofGod22:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I will continue preaching until I open the eyes of those brainwashed gullible religious faithfools,

Jesus Christ, Angels, demons, Satan and God doesn't exist, there's no reliable verifiable concrete approved evidence of their existence.

Heaven and hellfire doesn't exist

Know this and have peace of mind.
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by wirinet(m): 12:34pm On Jan 30, 2022
VULCAN:
Even you do not exist!

But you are discussing with him directly and he is responding without any intermediary.
He can even present himself physically or through photos if the need be.
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 12:38pm On Jan 30, 2022
wirinet:

Imagine fornication ranks among the top sins according to you where rape, murder, stealing, etc dey?

1Corithians 6:18
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by DGascon: 12:55pm On Jan 30, 2022
Restitution doesn't comes as a gift in subtle ways. You have to confess to the person offended and make your restitutions. Sometimes, what we call karma is restitution for offence committed.

There are offences you must seek forgiveness from the person offended

Even if you ask God to forgive and He does, sometimes you have to pay for the sins committed.

MaxInDHouse:
You just need to do so with action not words!

If you've stolen something from someone in the past (before you become a Christian) and you're feeling it may hinder you from entering God's Kingdom. All you need to do is go back to that person and pay back as a gift without making it public, you don't have to say a word about what happened in the past, you are paying what you stole secretly back in secret.

In the case where the person is dead then go on your knees and tell God what you intend to do but death has caused a breakup between you and the person. This is necessary because the person is dead and no more in need of worldly possessions. Then you can take what you supposed to give him/her to help paupers around you (without announcing it) because if it's announced then it can't pay off what you stole anymore, you've received the glory by making it public, remember you want to pay back what you stole in secret so you must pay back in secret! Matthew 6:2
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by EnemyofGod22(m): 1:10pm On Jan 30, 2022
VULCAN:
Even you do not exist!

Please,Send me your phone number let me call you so that I can prove to you that I EnemyofGod22 truly existed.

But can that also apply to God ?
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by DeepSight(m): 1:18pm On Jan 30, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

Please,Send me your phone number let me call you so that I can prove to you that I EnemyofGod22 truly existed.

That will not prove that you exist.
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by Kay25(m): 1:44pm On Jan 30, 2022
ikorodureporta:

Catholic operates on traditions and doctrines of men confession of sin if first before the Lord by the convinction of the holyspirit then u are cleared once u accept your fault and you don't return to it except in certain cases of where I can't handle the issue I can go seek for pastor's counsel
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by streetzdreamz(m): 2:31pm On Jan 30, 2022
wirinet:

Gbam! That's the way the universe works - action and reaction are always equal and opposite. We should all learn to face the consequences of our actions.
If Sammy Okposu had that mind set, he would not have commited adultery or gone in raw without protection.

Our conscience should be a valve that helps us filter good from evil. Certain religions destroys that filter and we unable to differentiate good from evil. That's why yahoo boys and ritualists go to do Thanksgiving for wealth acquired through causing others pains. Their conscience has been deadened.
I like your reasoning. I had issues with religion because of this same points you raised, so many contradictory views. Views a random moralist wouldn't even buy because they sound unjust and evil. Threatening people with hell fire before they can live right, treat others right is a no no! This things are basics and we shouldn't have to be compelled or threatened but then,we ain't all the same. Some humans are natural wall to wall assholes, hence the chaos in the world. For decades I just coasted through with no belief whatsoever, with just my moral compass as a guide. Then I realized it'll be foolish of me to keep towing that atheism inclined path because of my unanswered questions and ofcourse I couldn't accept the world just came to be, scientific, geological theories about the origin of the Earth wasn't enough for me. So I found my way back and just made it a one step at a time process, not buying any bullshit from any preacher but having a baseline of the existence of God...
Re: Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? by rosechika1994: 2:36pm On Jan 30, 2022
Don't confess to man, confess to God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Men That Wash Plate Don't Prosper' - Evangelist Ebuka Obi / Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight / 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.