Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,980 members, 7,828,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? (29550 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / Groom Shows Off What He Gave His In-laws For Traditional Wedding In Enugu (Pix) / My 4-Year-Old Niece Loves To Perceive Horrific Scents. Is This Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by ellizy(m): 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2022
I give accolades to men who thinks of going through marriage before having a wife…
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by NoQualmz: 3:30pm On Feb 01, 2022
sammirano:
IGBOS. SELLERS OF CHILD

Op this is the more reason u need to state the area...pls be specific because this fool i am quoting has already concluded and generalised
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by AutoChick4U(f): 3:30pm On Feb 01, 2022
skywalker240:
If I show you my own when I do last December enh

You go know say your own de learn
Congratulations oo, na Man you be.
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Heterodox(m): 3:30pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blixon:

She said that’s what they told her to tell me. She doesn’t have a clue either.
She looks a weakling.

Never marry someone who don't have a mind of their own.

4 Likes

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Oovi5(f): 3:30pm On Feb 01, 2022
AutoChick4U:
I've got only two brothers and my uncles are millionaires so they don't need ur envelop. Bride price is 50naira just apply within.
Very nice "advert"

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
Qwerty4u:
It's like that my brother especially in the East side shaa.. But the truth is you do the reasonably much you can do and finish up later after the wedding.

My people say nobody finishes eating from an in-law once.

Calm down with this song

https://mayvibe.com/album/idi-ebube1612459870

This is not true.
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by AutoChick4U(f): 3:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
Oovi5:
Very nice "advert"
Sis advertise yours aswell as time no dey.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Phock2sweet: 3:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
AutoChick4U:
Bros this ur moniker eh
I sabi d thing and I go do you well well. I wan settle down with you

2 Likes

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Bounceboune7: 3:32pm On Feb 01, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
Ninu rogbodiyan yi, u still Dey marry Igbo girl.. comrade u bam o.
don't mind him, instead of marrying from a less greedy place n use d remaining money to buy land.

After 5 years he will thank God than marrying from a greedy place where everyone will write all their problems n expect a potential suitor to pay for it.

What if they are all male in d family with no women,won't d brothers n sisters wear clothes?
Won't they live their life's?

It's annoying reading it,they don't even care if the newly married will have something to fall on after marriage, their own is to cut his head now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Munzy14(m): 3:32pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blixon:
Please my Igbo brothers and sisters,

Help me answer this.

I went with my friend to collect list from my prospective in-laws last weekend..

I am fine with the list though heavily loaded already, but now the family are saying that that’s not all, that I will also bring wine and money in envelope for all her brothers, they are seven in number, same for all her paternal uncles and wrappers for her paternal aunts, they called it something in Igbo “to marry for someone”.

Please is this supposed to be so? I am not very knowledgeable about the culture, help me here pls. What custom is this? I don’t understand why I have to marry for anyone else or buy wine for every sibling, uncle and aunt.

The Diokpara’s own is already stated in the list so why asking to do another one for the same diokpara again including the siblings and uncles and aunts.
As a son of the soil, this marriage list things are negotiable..To be honest, the only important thing is her bride price which are usually cheap sef.
Then, things you buy for her mom, dad and siblings...Those her uncle things na gra gra...Some people exploit thier brother's kids suitors in this type of situation.

Every other things is a test for you to scale through...It will be a mirror to know the caiibre of man who is coming to marry there daughter.

One secret, dont agree to any thing they present...Bargain, negotiate...If e reach to do small gra gra, please do...In the end they will know this in-law no be mumu...You will as well earn your respect..

But, have this in mind, no amount placed your woman's head is too big for her worth for the fact you really really love her...go and negotiate...

If they say 5k pay half... grin

Them no dey marry woman finish..

Most average homes won't allow you spend much, so if you treat their daughter bad, they can come back to take her...

All this require wisdom to navigate.

If na poor house with entitlement mentally you go marry, may God see you through sha... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Oovi5(f): 3:33pm On Feb 01, 2022
AutoChick4U:
Sis advertise yours aswell as time no dey.
Naso
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by awa(m): 3:33pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blixon:

Help me answer this.

I went with my friend to collect list from my prospective in-laws last weekend..

I am fine with the list though heavily loaded already, but now the family are saying that that’s not all, that I will also bring wine and money in envelope for all her brothers, they are seven in number, same for all her paternal uncles and wrappers for her paternal aunts, they called it something in Igbo “to marry for someone”.

Please is this supposed to be so? I am not very knowledgeable about the culture, help me here pls. What custom is this? I don’t understand why I have to marry for anyone else or buy wine for every sibling, uncle and aunt.

The Diokpara’s own is already stated in the list so why asking to do another one for the same diokpara again including the siblings and uncles and aunts.

Bros if you are not ready for marriage better continue living your Bachelor life. If you want to marry the lady, why not go ahead and marry her instead of coming online to talk about these childish talk. It doesn't show you are matured. It's childish please. You are asking us without mentioning the community so that people from the exact Community will advise.

Sometimes you guys online to write whatever you want to write to trend.... Na 2022 we dey. Stop am

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by GeneralOjukwu: 3:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
Kai. ... sorry for these Igbo guys.

After Afonja boys don pump her severally full of cum...

Na you go dey get 25 page wedding list.

Chineke!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Qatar2022: 3:35pm On Feb 01, 2022
donbachi:
Pay...but.wen dem ask u for financial help in future.no help dem.as dem no get conscience.
Just 500 naira inside each envelope
Please take this advice
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 3:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
Bounceboune7:
don't mind him, instead of marrying from a less greedy place n use d remaining money to buy land.

After 5 years he will thank God than marrying from a greedy place where everyone will write all their problems n expect a potential suitor to pay for it.

What if they are all male in d family with no women,won't d brothers n sisters wear clothes?
Won't they live their life's?

It's annoying reading it,they don't even care if the newly married will have something to fall on after marriage, their own is to cut his head now
aswear, the most annoying part is they compulsory it..
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by 07kjb: 3:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
Heterodox:
She looks a weakling.

Trash
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by shortIGBOman: 3:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blixon:

Help me answer this.

You choose to marry Igbo lady, what do you expect? Endure and allow them drain your pocket as usual. But Igbo Girls dey fine sha grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Akinzola: 3:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
No wonder you are Autochick
AutoChick4U:
I've got only two brothers and my uncles are millionaires so they don't need ur envelop. Bride price is 50naira just apply within.
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by NOBILITY22(f): 3:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
Heterodox:
She looks a weakling.

I guess he is getting married to either to the only girl of the house or the last baby of the house.

I am the last baby of the house...
I remembered during my own time, I had little or no say during my marriage rite preparation.
If I wanted to talk or complain, they will shut me down... That it seems like I want to appear cheap in front of my husband to be.

Guess what I did....
I have to back everything up in prayers together with my husband...

We didn't spend up to half a million in doing everything in the list and also our traditional marriage was also on a low key...

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by HRMK: 3:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
U MEAN UR NOT AN IGBOMAN?ANYWAY,IF UR LADY LOVES YOU AS YOU LOVE HER,NOTHING STOPS HER FROM PLEADING FOR U OR ASSITING IN SETTLING THE BILLS!MOST OF THESE INLAWS ARE OPPORTUNISTS!PLS DONT EXCEED UR MEANS!!
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Maxxim: 3:37pm On Feb 01, 2022
Hope she's still a virgin
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Temptee101(m): 3:37pm On Feb 01, 2022
Which part of Igbo is that?

This is strange, I am Igbo and I have never heard of such tradition.

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by awa(m): 3:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
Munzy14:

As a son of the soil, this marriage list things are negotiable..To be honest, the only important thing is her bride price which are usually cheap sef.
Then, things you buy for her mom, dad and siblings...Those her uncle things na gra gra...Some people exploit thier brother's kids suitors in this type of situation.

Every other things is a test for you to scale through...It will be a mirror to know the caiibre of man who is coming to marry there daughter.

One secret, dont agree to any thing they present...Bargain, negotiate...If e reach to do small gra gra, please do...In the end they will know this in-law no be mumu...You will as well earn your respect..

But, have this in mind, no amount placed your woman's head is too big for her worth for the fact you really really love her...go and negotiate...

Most average homes won't allow you spend much, so if you treat their daughter bad, they can come back to take her...

If na poor house with entitlement mentally you go marry, may God see you through sha... cheesy

He is a child that wants to get married. Make him no carry his Elders go marry... Na online marriage he wants. I think the Poster is not serious about the marriage but just want to ridicule his in laws to be if truly he is serious about the marriage
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 3:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
awa:

Bros if you are not ready for marriage better continue living your Bachelor life. If you want to marry the lady, why not go ahead and marry her instead of coming online to talk about these childish talk. It doesn't show you are matured. It's childish please. You are asking us without mentioning the community so that people from the exact Community will advise.

Sometimes you guys online to write whatever you want to write to trend.... Na 2022 we hey. Stop am
you wrote like one of the said aunties/uncles..

3 Likes

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by sammirano: 3:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
NoQualmz:

Op this is the more reason u need to state the area...pls be specific because this fool i am quoting has already concluded and generalised

You are seriously mad. grin
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by awa(m): 3:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
Temptee101:

Don't mind the Joker that wants to trend

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by NoQualmz: 3:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
awa:

Sometimes you guys online to write whatever you want to write to trend.... Na 2022 we dey. Stop am

Dont mind the SIMPle Op. he's scared of calling the exact state and town where this rubbish is happening...maybe he's scared the girls brothers will beat him up. He just wants some ediots to drag the entire igbo race.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by awa(m): 3:41pm On Feb 01, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
you wrote like one of the said aunties/uncles..

Bros, I am not but what he said sounds ridiculous. I am married already and I know what he said is not done anywhere in Igbo land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Bounceboune7: 3:41pm On Feb 01, 2022
Munzy14:

just imagine,

Bargain, negotiate like say na meat or tomatoes.
Wonders will never end
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by NoQualmz: 3:41pm On Feb 01, 2022
Temptee101:

Op is a lying liar. Op state the name of the village if you are man enough...stop being too SIMPle
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by prophetfire: 3:43pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blixon:

Help me answer this.

. You went to a hungry and greedy family who are trying to fleece you.
Let me tell you something. There's no standard traditional Igbo marriage list or rites. It depends on the family you met.
Even the so-called Mbaise break-neck marriage list is a ruse. It depends on the family you entered.
People use tradition to cover and fleece their in-laws. It works well for them in our Igboland because of our penchant for trying to show that we are equal to the task, financially or what our Yoruba brothers would call our chest-beating.
It all depends on you. Decide if you want such leeches as in-laws. It's not tradition.
You just walked into a hungry, shameless, greedy family of leeches.
Make your decisions and you can negotiate it downwards with them, if you stomach such rubbish from crooks claiming to be prospective in-laws.
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Cabazieu: 3:43pm On Feb 01, 2022
They want to cash out from you, which is bad. I'm from east. That list is a big lie. You only pay for the father and mother list and also the youth which is little amount. If she is not Ada, 1st daughter. you will pay little cash with drink to the 1st son. That's how we do it at my community.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dealing With A Snoring Partner / Hilarious Family Whatsapp Chats / ‘My Husband No Longer Ejaculates Inside Me During Sex’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.